Livres et magazines basés sur les pochettes d'album

Tout l'art lié à la musique : paroles, concepts, pochettes, symboliques...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un bouquin va sortir pour ceux qui aiment les histoires derrières les pochettes d'albums, plutôt orientées metal extrême dans le cas présent :
Veteran metal/rock journalist Ramón "Oscuro" Martos has unveiled the cover artwork for his upcoming revelatory book "...And Justice For Art: Stories About Heavy Metal Album Covers".

This one-of-a-kind collection of stories recounts all the particulars behind the making of artworks as iconic as SLAYER's "Reign In Blood", MORBID ANGEL's "Blessed Are The Sick", METALLICA's "…And Justice For All", BLACK SABBATH's "13", DEATH's "Symbolic", CARCASS' "Heartwork", TESTAMENT's "Dark Roots Of Earth", OPETH's "Heritage" and many others.

These are told through 100 exclusive interviews with heavy music's icons like Jeff Walker (CARCASS), Charlie Benante (ANTHRAX), Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, SEPULTURA), Fenriz (DARKTHRONE), Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW), Paul Masvidal (CYNIC), Chris Adler (LAMB OF GOD), David Vincent (MORBID ANGEL), Travis Ryan (CATTLE DECAPITATION) among many others. In addition, it features plenty of revealing commentaries by critically acclaimed illustrators such as Michael Whelan, Eliran Kantor, Dan Seagrave, Joe Petagno, Arik Roper and Travis Smith, just to name a few.

"Working on the '…And Justice For Art' book was an amazing experience," comments the artwork's creator, American illustrator Vertebrae33 — who has previously collaborated with artists like SLAYER, Slash and SOUNDGARDEN. "Ramón Oscuro Martos has an unbridled love of metal art as well as a tremendous amount of passion and vision for his project. As an illustrator, there is nothing better than a vision realized and the satisfaction of the client. I am excited to see Ramon's project come to fruition!"

Obviously impressed by the imposing artwork, Martos comments: "Today's metal scene is overflowed with illustrators and visual artists; however, just a few posses the ability to create distinctive images, rich in detail, colors, and conceptual depth... That's the case with Vertebrae33. Since the very beginning he was able to understand that '…And Justice For Art''s cover needed to be iconic and conceptually related to both metal and arts.

"I believe this book will coherently provide fans with plenty of first-hand information regarding to the creation of many iconic metal album covers. The artwork created by Vertebrae33 perfectly introduces the reader to that world where music and visuals become one."

Martos is now running an Indiegogo campaign to fund the printing and distribution of this book that, according to MORBID ANGEL's David Vincent (who wrote the foreword), has all the potential to become "a historical document about the importance of metal album covers."

OBITUARY drummer Donald Tardy declared: "I think this is an important book and will help to keep alive all these artworks."

CATTLE DECAPITATION frontman Travis Ryan commented that the volume is "exactly what the music world needs to remind us all just how important album covers have been to all of us that grew up surrounding ourselves with physical media."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black- ... KfKvi6y.99

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici un nouveau magazine basé sur les pochettes d'album et leurs artistes, mlutôt metal extrême tout de même.
Mais en tout cas un concept original par rapport à tous les autres mags/fanzines :
Heavy Metal Artwork launches world's first and only metal art magazine! Heavy Metal Artwork will celebrate the importance of the artwork, focusing on the creative disciplines, music, art, design, illustration, photography and video making. And they will showcase the most talented and renowned artists and musicians. Each issue will have a different theme, starting with Dark Nouveau, Folklore, Ink Art and so on.

An IndieGoGo campaign has been launched to raise £5,000 and they already received 67% in 8 days, which means that they are now able to print and sell 2500 copies via the campaign as well as their worldwide distributor.

The magazine will feature all exclusive interviews, articles with:

Zbigniew M. Bielak (Cover artist which include work for Ghost, Mayhem, Paradise Lost, Deströyer 666, Watain)
Zev Deans - From the Pinnacle to the Pit Director
Roboshobo - Cirice Director
John Dyer Baizley of Baroness
Metastazis (Laibach, Trivium, Ulver, Paradise Lost, Morbid Angel)
Jimbob Isaac (Hark, Orange Goblin, Clutch)
Matt Vickerstaff (Peaceville and Listenable Records inhouse artist)
Misanthropic Art (Chapel Of Disease, Pestilential Winds)
Michal Xaay Loranc (Nile, Cerebrus, Glass Hammer, Redemptor)
Dan Mumford (SikTh, Alien)
Marcelo Vasco - The making of Slayer's Repentless
The Art of Metal
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

And Justice for Art est réédité, avec des ajouts :
A limited, revised edition of the out-of-print book ...And Justice For Art: Stories About Heavy Metal Album Covers was recently released by indie publisher Dark Canvas.

This one-of-a-kind collection of stories features more than 450 color graphics and recounts all the particulars behind the making of artworks as iconic as Slayer's "Reign In Blood," Morbid Angel's "Blessed Are The Sick," Metallica's "...And Justice For All," Mayhem's "Grand Declaration of War," Tiamat's "Wildhoney," Black Sabbath's "13," and many more!

The stories are told through 105 exclusive interviews with renowned musicians like Jeff Walker (Carcass), Charlie Benante (Anthrax), Max Cavalera (Soulfly, Sepultura), Fenriz (Darthrone), Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Paul Masvidal (Cynic), Chris Adler (Lamb of God), David Vincent (Morbid Angel), Travis Ryan (Cattle Decapitation) among many others. The book's Revised Edition also features new revealing commentaries by Dani Filth (Cradle of Filth), Dave Lombardo (Slayer), Kelly Schaefer (Atheist), Neige (Alcest) and by critically acclaimed illustrators such as Michael Whelan, Eliran Kantor, Dan Seagrave, Joe Petagno, Arik Roper and Travis Smith, just to name a few.

When asked why he decided to create a revised edition, author Ramon Oscuro Martos—who writes for Metal Underground—says: "I didn't want to just re-print the same book again. I had new material available. So, I decided to introduce some changes that definitely bring something new to the table while keeping intact the essence of previous edition. There are new comments, more graphics, but it's still the same book... dramatically improved and updated."

The author believes that all the additions "make the book more complete. It's like what happens with an album or a movie: there's the original edition. Then you get the especial edition, the limited box set, etc... For me, this is it. This is the best version of the book I can create and it demonstrates that a creative work can evolve through time and become better, eventually... There's nothing wrong with that."

ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

J´ai commandé le Heavy Metal Artwork parce qu´il y a apparemment quelque chose sur mammoth Storm dans le N°2. Tant que j´y étais j´ai pris le n°1 aussi, on ne va pas chipoter. Les envois vont semble-t-il partir dans les prochains jours, dès que je recois je vous dis "quoi" comme dans les chtis :oui:
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Voilà, j´ai recu ma commande.
Les magazines sont imprimés sur du beau papier non enduit dans un drôle de format à l´ancienne, plus Grand qu´un A5 et plus Petit qu´un A4 - il n´y a que les anglais pour encore utiliser de telles reliques. L´enveloppe est noire, je n´en avais jamais vu :D La première page est estampillée et numérotée à la main.
Je n´ai pas encore lu Grand Chose, juste l´interview de Mammoth Storm, classe.

L´appel au Support (crowfunding) pour le troisième numéro (Metallica en couverture) a commencé, je me tâte. Il semblerait qu´il y ait aussi un calendrier 2017.

"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Répondre