THIN LIZZY & PHIL LYNOTT

Les artistes du présent ou du passé : débats, albums/carrière, découvertes...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Votre album préféré de Thin Lizzy?

Thin Lizzy (1971)
Aucun vote
Shades of A Blue Orphanage (1972)
Aucun vote
Vagabonds of the Western World (1973)
Aucun vote
Nightlife (1974)
Aucun vote
Fighting (1975)
Aucun vote
Jailbreak (1976)
21%
Johnny the Fox (1976)
5%
Bad Reputation (1977)
5%
Black Rose (1979)
5%
Chinatown (1980)
16%
Renegade (1981)
21%
Thunder and Lightning (1983)
26%

Nombre total de votes : 19

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Black Rose !!!! (rien que pour le morceau titre!!)
Le seul album avec Gary Moore comme membre permanant du groupe aussi....mais quel album!

Autrement, à égalité Jailbreak et Thunder and Lightning (dont le titre "thunder and lightning" a la même rythmique qu'un certain Heavy Metal Thunder de Saxon....sorti avant pourtant!!! :D )
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Je viens d'écouter Black Rose et j'aime beaucoup !!

Et là, c'est "Waiting for an alibi, bien sympa :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rZkNtcegI

Mais où est donc passée notre chère MADNAD ???
:riff:
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Allez cadeau, un ptit Thin Lizzy par metallica en live:

mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Il me manque encore trop d'albums de ce groupe légendaire, j'en ai 3 mais pas les plus connus, dont le "Bad Reputation" que j'aime beaucoup. Je voterai donc plus tard pour être objectif. ;)
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

Bad Reputation, rien que le morceau d'ouverture, Soldier of Fortune et aussi Opium Trail, superbes!!
Chinatown également est très bon.
Pierre-Jean (Yoda)
Snaggletooth
Snaggletooth

Message par Pierre-Jean (Yoda) »

J'ai voté aussi Thunder and Lightning, même s'il n'est pas représentatif de l'oeuvre de Thin Lizzy.

Quand on le compare avec les excellents Bad Reputation, Jailbreak, Johnny the Fox, on a l'impression de voir la télé couleur / noir et blanc.

Mais comme dit prédécemment, j'ai la langue qui pend quand j'écoute le live testamentaire Live/Life avec un Renegade qui prend au tripes et un Angel Of Death qui me donne envie de pogoter dans mon salon et de tout casser !!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je ne savais pas qu'EUROPE avait écrit un morceau et tourné un clip en hommage à Phil Lynott, "Hero" :up: :up: (sur Start from the Dark)
Avec un solo à la Thin Lizzy pour bien faire.

Les paroles sont simples mais belles et touchantes, pour la peine je les poste :

It's not like I wouldn't dream
If you had not shown the way
It's not like I wouldn't fight
Not knowing 'bout your life
It's not like I wouldn't stand
Right here with my friends

You threw us all alive
When our days slipped away
You gave us of your time

'Cause you are my hero
My fridaynight
You wrote the soundtrack to my life
And gave me something
To hold on to
When i was growing up
You were the rock
In my life

It's not like I live my days
By every word you spoke
Like I'm up every night
Drinking with your ghost
It's not like I can't look back
Without movin' on

You threw us all alive
When our days slipped away
You gave us of your time

You are my hero
My fridaynight
And gave us kiss
A chance to dream
Days when I had enough
You were the rock
In my life

You still throw me that like
As my days slip away
You give me of your time

You're still my hero
My fridaynight
You give me something
To hold on to
As I'm still growing up
You are the rock
In my life
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
only4theweak_2007
Spotlight Kid
Spotlight Kid

Message par only4theweak_2007 »

J'ai voté pour Renegade mais parce qu'il en faut un car il y a pas d'album faible dans la discographie de Thin Lizzy, le père Phil etait un sacré compositeur :up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ C'est étonnant d'ailleurs de voir plus de voix pour Renegade qui fut décrié à l'époque que pour Jailbreak qui reste un gros classique du HARD des années 70.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La VHS "Live and Dangerous at the Rainbow" est rééditée en DVD avec pas mal d'extras :up:
Un extrait, "Emerald / Dancing in the Moonlight" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPbZvY5Lko

Il s'agit bien de la même tournée que le live du même nom sorti en 78, mais ce n'est pas tiré du même concert. Et sur le CD bonus il y a également des titres live de 1975 :wank:

Sortie le 15 octobre :

According to a posting on the Thin Lizzy – A Rock Legend web site, THIN LIZZY's "Live and Dangerous at the Rainbow" is being reissued as a "deluxe edition) by Mercury/Universal on October 15 in Europe. The track listing is as follows:

01. Intro/Rosalie
02. The Boys Are Back in Town
03. Emerald
04. Dancing In The Moonlight
05. Massacre
06. Still In Love With You
07. Don't Believe A Word
08. Are You Ready
09. Sha La La
10. Baby Drives Me Crazy
11. Me And The Boys…

Bonus Material:

"Sight & Sound in Concert" – January 26, 1983 (BBC TX 5/2/83) - 45 minutes:

01. Jailbreak
02. This Is The One
03. Cold Sweat
04. The Sun Goes Down
05. Holy War
06. The Boys Are Back In Town
07. Rosalie
08. Baby Please Don't Go

"Top of the Pops" Performances - 15 minutes:

01. Whiskey In The Jar
02. Jailbreak
03. Dancing In The Moonlight
04. Waiting For An Alibi
05. Don't Believe A Word

+ Interviews with Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson and Brian Downey - 25 minutes

Bonus CD:

Live Derby 1975:

01. Fighting My Way Back
02. Wild One
03. Still In Love With You
04. Suicide
05. Sha La La
06. Baby Drives Me Crazy
07. Me And The Boys…
08. Cowboy Song (Derby Blues)

Deluxe Packaging in hard slipcase with a 24-page booklet
french hmkid
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par french hmkid »

j'ai hesité et j'ai mis Thunder mais ma chanson preferee est Black Rose
Si il y avait les live j'aurais mis Life
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous Re-Issue

Message par painkillerqueen »

la cover et les détails visuels : http://www.thinlizzyguide.com/special.htm
Tracklist: 'Intro/Rosalie', 'The Boys Are Back In Town', 'Emerald', 'Dancing In The Moonlight', 'Massacre', 'Still In Love With You', 'Don't Believe A Word', 'Are You Ready', 'Sha La La', 'Baby Drives Me Crazy', 'Me And The Boys'.

Bonus Material:

Sight & Sound in Concert - 26th January 1983 (BBC TX 5/2/83) - 45 mins:
'Jailbreak', 'This Is The One', 'Cold Sweat', 'The Sun Goes Down', 'Holy War', 'The Boys Are Back In Town', 'Rosalie',
'Baby Please Don't Go'.

Top of the Pops Performances - 15 mins approx:
'Whiskey In The Jar', 'Jailbreak', 'Dancing In The Moonlight', 'Waiting For An Alibi', 'Don't Believe A Word'.

Interviews with - Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson And Brian Downey - 25 minutes approx

Bonus CD:

Live Derby 1975:
'Fighting My Way Back', 'Wild One', 'Still In Love With You', 'Suicide', 'Sha La La', 'Baby Drives Me Crazy', 'Me And The Boys',
'Cowboy Song (Derby Blues)'.

Deluxe Packaging in hard slipcase with 24 page booklet.
senez62
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par senez62 »

peut être le plus grand live de tout notre genre favori . Phil reste un immense musicien que la jeune génération ( et c'est pas pejoratif) devrait découvrir
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

La pochette de la nouvelle édition de "Live and Dangerous" et + :

http://www.thinlizzyguide.com/special.htm
french hmkid
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par french hmkid »

Je ne connaissais pas cette édition
Elle a l'air sympa
:rock:
Pantoufle
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Pantoufle »

Difficile ...

Allez va pour Thunder...
Sans doute celui qui répond le plus à ma fibre "Metal" (merci à John Sykes) ... Mais Thin lizzy c'est un sacré mélange de styles et d influences bien au dela du " Hard " ... et y a quelques perles dans pas mal d'autres albums.

the Sun Goes Down .... :,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur concert à Philadelphie en 1977 est en ligne à cette adresse, il a servi en partie de base à un certain Live and Dangerous...

:pointer: http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/Conc ... 51228|7995

C'était passé à la radio à l'époque.
The Thin Lizzy - A Rock Legend web site reports: It has long been known among THIN LIZZY supporters that a U.S. radio broadcast from "The King Biscuit Flower Hour" of a 1977 show from Philadelphia contained recordings of six songs which subsequently featured on "Live And Dangerous":

"Jailbreak"
"Dancing In The Moonlight"
"Massacre"
"Don't Believe A Word"
"Cowboy Song"
"The Boys Are Back In Town"

LIZZY played the Tower Theatre, Philadelphia on October 20 and October 21, 1977 and it is most likely that the show featured is the one from October 21; October 26, 1977 being the original broadcast date.

What is remarkable about this recording of the full show is that it is evident that even more of the recording was used as the basis for "Live And Dangerous":

"Emerald"
"Still In Love With You"
"Warriors"

All are said to be "dead-ringers" for the versions on the album.

There's no doubting there was some overdubbing but this recording proves the wildly exaggerated claims that the album was mostly recorded in the studio are nonsense and what the LIZZY supporters who saw them during that period have always known — that LIZZY could cut it live.

It is uncertain where the rest of the "Live And Dangerous" album is sourced from, although it is known that "Are You Ready" is from the Rainbow Theatre Gig on march 29, 1978. Perceived wisdom is that "Southbound" is a soundcheck recording and "Rosalie" recorded at Hammersmith Odeon on November 15, 1976.

The Tower Theatre recording goes on to demolish another "myth" that "Bad Reputation" and "Opium Trail", which subsequently featured on the 1981 "Killers Live" EP, were recorded in Canada and in all likelihood, little or none of "Live And Dangerous" was recorded at Seneca College Fieldhouse, Toronto.
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Quelle version de Suicide par Europe :,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

THIN LIZZY UK Tour '75 CD

Message par Everflow »

Un concert anglais de 1975 va être édité en septembre, avec plein de versions live inédites (dont la première version de "Cowboy Song"), à l'époque précise où le groupe durcissait sa musique. En espérant que le son soit à la hauteur du contenu très alléchant! Matez en bas la setlist et les détails. :bave:
As previously reported, THIN LIZZY UK Tour '75 CD is set for release by MLP on Septembert 8th.

The 15-track album features the ‘classic’ Thin Lizzy lineup - Phil Lynott on vocals and bass guitar, Brian Downey on percussion, Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson playing dual lead guitar – performing at Derby College on November 21st, 1975.

The deluxe album includes a 20-page booklet of unseen photos, liner notes written by Brian Downey and extra material of the band jamming during their sound check.

Tracklisting: ‘Fighting My Way Back’, ‘It’s Only Money’, ‘Wild One’, ‘For Those Who Love To Live’, ‘Showdown’, ‘Still In Love With You’, ‘Suicide’, ‘Rosalie’, ‘The Rocker’, ‘Sha La La’, ‘Baby Drives Me Crazy’, ‘Me And The Boys’, ‘Cowboy Song’, ‘Little Darling’, ‘Sound Check Jam’.

A new update on the release reads as follows:

On Friday 21st November 1975 the absolute ‘classic’ Thin Lizzy line-up of Phil Lynott on vocals & bass guitar, Brian Downey on drums & percussion, Scott Gorham on lead guitar and Brian Robertson on lead guitar, recorded this superb concert at Derby College for a radio broadcast. The band had been on the road ever since releasing their ‘Fighting’ album in August 1975, and this recording captures their stunning live show in an intimate setting, giving the listener that front row sensation of a live band at the top of their game just months before breaking into to the big time with their 1976 mega transatlantic smash album ‘Jailbreak’.

The show, which was mixed live on the night, gives the set that raw and electric feel. The original recording from the 1/4" stereo master tape has been kept in amazing condition, transferred to CD, and now all fifteen tracks have been completely re-mastered under the band’s supervision.

The resultant ‘UK Tour 75’ album - which has been fully authorised by the band - will be released as a deluxe CD, containing a 20-page booklet of previously unseen live photos and exclusive liner notes written by Brian Downey, on September 8th.

One of the many album highlights for Lizzy fans, is an early prototype version of the ‘Cowboy Song’, which later appears on the ‘Jailbreak’ album and that Phil titles live as ‘Derby Blues’. The band also play a vibrant version of their early rock stomper ’Little Darling’ which was originally recorded by an earlier line-up of the band, and a song they dropped from their live set soon after this tour. All-time classic ‘The Rocker’ is here, plus many other songs from the ‘Nightlife’ and ‘Fighting’ albums that have never previously been released as live versions. You even get to hear the band jamming on their sound-check, just before the crowd was allowed into the venue.

Brian Downey recalls in the liner notes that “In 1975, the band had decided on a different attitude, to change to a harder rock sound. This album shows the band’s determination to do just that.

With success just around the corner and following tours in Britain and the States, the band are slick, raunchy and at the top of their game. Running at over 78 minutes, we get the full set and more from one of the greatest rock bands ever – Thin Lizzy.

The set list from 'UK TOUR 75' - comprises 15 songs:

1. 'Fighting My Way Back' (3:51)
2. 'It's Only Money' (3:35)
3. 'Wild One' (4:24)
4. 'For Those Who Love To Live' (5:06) - All four opening tracks never previously released as live versions.
5. 'Still In Love With You' (9:23) - Much longer version than the one on the Live And Dangerous album.
6. 'Showdown' (5:32) - Never previously released as a live version.
7. 'Suicide' (5:08) - Heaviest rocker on the album.
8. 'Rosalie' (3:59)
9. 'The Rocker' (3:56) - Phil joins both tracks in a rock attack medley.
10. 'Sha La La' (7:10) - Features a great drum solo from Brian Downey.
11. 'Baby Drives Me Crazy' (6:24) - Not released until the 'Live And Dangerous' album in June ‘78-so again this is probably the earliest version yet to be released!
12. 'Me And The Boys' (6:44) - Didn’t get released until April 1978 as a B-side on a UK 7"single/ ‘Rosalie, Cowboy Song live medley’, so probably the earliest version yet to be released!
13. 'Cowboy Song - ‘Derby Blues' (6:50) - An ultra rare prototype version as the track was not yet recorded and which Phil titles here live.
14. 'Little Darling' (3:14) - Previously recorded by the old line up in 1974 and one of the last times ever played by the classic line up!
15. 'Sound Check Jam' (2:47) - Unique for any sound check to be partially or wholly recorded for album release. This version is a 12 bar-blues riff which contains nice lead solos from both Scott and Brian. The audio engineer managed to get the tape machine to record as the band jammed on stage just before fans were allowed into the venue.
Mars Eye
Black Stone Wielder
Black Stone Wielder

Message par Mars Eye »

Pour moi, Thunder & Lightning est bien en dessous des autres productions Lizzy, mais c'est une question de goût, je suppose. C'est même l'album post 75 de Lizzy que j'aime le moins, en fait...
Je suis surtout fana de la période Gorham/Roberston, en particulier Jailbreak/Johnny The Fox/Bad Reputation, le gros du Live & Dangerous qui a dans mon coeur une bonne place dans le Top 10 des meilleurs live du rock. Life Live par contre m'avait beaucoup moins convaincu, avec ces guitares mixées trop en retrait.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Disons que Thunder and Lightning n'est pas le plus représentatif de Thin Lizzy, c'est leur album le plus "metal" mais on n'y retrouve pas toute l'étendue du répertoire du groupe. Je l'aime beaucoup quand même (de même que le Live Life et son énergie brute) mais je comprends tout à fait ton point de vue. :)

Pour revenir justement au Thin Lizzy "classique" que tu préfères, voici la pochette du live UK Tour 1975 qui sort ce lundi :

Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

moi je découvre Thin Lizzy en ce moment, j'avais eu un bon souvenir du Live Life que Everflow passait dans la voiture pour un KIT du coup j'ai commencé par Thunder & Lightning puisque comme un connard pro 80's c'est les chansons provenant de cet album qui m'ont le plus marqué :D J'ai ensuite chopé en même temps le live and dangerous et le Live Life, bon clairement je préfère pour l'instant les chansons de la période thunder... mais les autres commencent à rentrer comme la chanson Rosalie que j'ai encore en tête en écrivant ces lignes (reprise par Motörhead en live ces derniers temps)
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Mars Eye
Black Stone Wielder
Black Stone Wielder

Message par Mars Eye »

Pour revenir justement au Thin Lizzy "classique" que tu préfères, voici la pochette du live UK Tour 1975 qui sort ce lundi
Aaargh... Je le veux!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le live '75 a une bonne chronique dans Classic Rock Magazine, et il serait temps que je l'achète!

Toujours dans l'actu, John Sykes a déclaré récemment qu'il ne serait pas contre enregistrer de nouveaux morceaux de THIN LIZZY s'ils étaient capables de recapturer le feeling originel, alors qu'il était catégoriquement contre l'idée jusque là. Mouais, je ne sais pas trop quoi en penser, je ne suis pas sûr que ce soit faisable, Lynott étant le compositeur n°1 ça n'aurait plus trop de sens sauf miracle.

L'interview de Sykes est là, c'est à lire pour les fans : http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/index.p ... ew&id=1434
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Après le Live UK 75, voici Still Dangerous à paraître en mars, un complément à Live and Dangerous, enregistré en 1977 sur la même tournée Bad Reputation, avec une sélection un peu différente. Miam.

March 2009 sees the release of Still Dangerous, the real Live & Dangerous!

Thin Lizzy's seminal Live & Dangerous is consistently featured in polls for the greatest live album of all time, yet, as we all know it's not a true live record. Still Dangerous on the other hand is the raw, unadulterated, untouched sound of Thin Lizzy at the absolute height of their power.

Recorded on the band's sell out 1977 Bad Reputation tour, Still Dangerous captures the classic quartet of Lynott, Downey, Gorham and Robertson on fire at the celebrated Tower Theatre in Philadelphia.

Still Dangerous features three tracks that never made the Live & Dangerous release and all cuts are previously unreleased! Mixed by the legendary Glyn Johns, with contributions from Scott Gorham and Brian Downey, Still Dangerous is the definitive live statement from one of rock's most revered and enduring groups.

Fully endorsed by the band, Still Dangerous is the first release on their 'hin Lizzy Productions label, distributed by VH1 Classics in the US and Proper music distribution in the UK & Europe.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas si terrible finalement la tracklist du Still Dangerous, seulement 10 titres dont 2 qui ne figuraient pas sur Live and Dangerous.
Sortie le 3 mars.
VH1 Classic Records has set a March 3, 2009 release date for THIN LIZZY's "Still Dangerous: Live At The Tower Theater Philadelphia 1977". This newly discovered live album, featuring the quintessential LIZZY lineup — Phil Lynott, lead vocals/bass; Scott Gorham, guitar; Brian Robertson, guitar; Brian Downey, drums — showcases the band at the height of its prodigious powers.

THIN LIZZY roared out of the 1969 Dublin, Ireland pub scene. Their sound was crystallized in the 1976 anthem "The Boys Are Back In Town". With Lynott's intricate wordplay and those two lead guitarists, a template for '70s hard rock was cast in stone. In 1978, they released "Live And Dangerous", thought to be one of the all-time great live rock albums.

Seen as a companion volume, the new live album contains two songs not found on "Live And Dangerous" — "Soldier Of Fortune" and "Opium Trail" — alongside such Lynott-authored classics as "Dancing In The Moonlight", "Jailbreak" and "Don't Believe A Word". This long-lost concert CD pulled legendary producer Glyn Johns (LED ZEPPELIN, THE ROLLING STONES) out of retirement to remix and remaster.

Guitarist Gorham remembers the discovery of these tapes: "We pulled all these boxes down, and I didn't even realize how many we had! There were a hell of a lot. One of the engineers was cataloging each reel, and one box came up marked 'Philadelphia 2.' That kinda stuck because I remembered Philadelphia but didn't know what the '2' meant. Then it hit me. What had happened, on that particular leg of the King Biscuit tour, before we actually started the tour proper, we were asked to come out and do the radio show. We were uncomfortable because we wanted to do a few warm-up shows before we went [on the air live] so we struck a deal. We said we'll go in and do this show for you if you only simulcast four songs, and let us come back in a few weeks time and do the whole show. They agreed. This tape is that second show coming back through Philadelphia where we were ready to go out and conquer America.

"We were gambling," continues Gorham. "Phil liked to do that. Listening to this record really takes me back to that time. Phil would say, 'Let's start with this and then do that.' He was very cool and loved to get out there and shake it up a bit and see the audience reaction. It got kind of scary at points, but it was a fun thing to do."

Road-testing these songs prior to the release of the "Bad Reputation" album, THIN LIZZY sounds confident on "Still Dangerous", bursting at the seams with innovations and ideas that would harness its spectacular powers–powers that would ultimately be emulated by generations of bands since.

"Still Dangerous: Live At The Tower Theater Philadelphia 1977" track listing:

01. Soldier Of Fortune
02. Jailbreak
03. Cowboy Song
04. The Boys Are Back In Town
05. Dancing In The Moonlight
06. Massacre
07. Opium Trail
08. Don't Believe A Word
09. Baby Makes Me Cry
10. Me And The Boys