QUEEN

Les artistes du présent ou du passé : débats, albums/carrière, découvertes...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Meilleur album de COUIIIIINE???????

Queen I(73)
2%
Queen II(74)
7%
Sheer Heart Attack(74)
12%
A Night At The Opera(75)
30%
A Day At The Races(76)
Aucun vote
News Of The world(77)
12%
Jazz(78)
5%
The Game(80)
Aucun vote
Hot Space(82)
Aucun vote
The Works(84)
Aucun vote
A Kind Of Magic(86)
12%
The Miracle(89)
2%
Innuendo(91)
14%
Made In Heaven(95)
5%

Nombre total de votes : 43

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

C'est pas faux mais Queen sans Freddie, est-ce bien encore Queen? :)
Eux-même ont altéré le nom...

Pour revenir au sondage, je voterais bien Queen II pour sa fraicheur, Night at the Opera pour un Freddie magistral, Miracle pour être revenu au grand Queen et Innuendo parce que c'était mon premier album de Queen.

Mais bon, dans les 70's y'a rien à jeter! :up:
Dans les 80's j'en dirais pas tout à fait autant...
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Putain !! Kind of Magic !! There could be only one quoi !! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah le Kurgan, Ramirez !!

Heeeeeeeere we aaaaaaaaaaaaare !!
Born to be king ! We're the Princes of the Univeeeeeeerse !!

Voilà quoi :D
ImageImageImage
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

Fangface a écrit :C'est pas faux mais Queen sans Freddie, est-ce bien encore Queen? :)
Eux-même ont altéré le nom...

Pour revenir au sondage, je voterais bien Queen II pour sa fraicheur, Night at the Opera pour un Freddie magistral, Miracle pour être revenu au grand Queen et Innuendo parce que c'était mon premier album de Queen.

Mais bon, dans les 70's y'a rien à jeter! :up:
Dans les 80's j'en dirais pas tout à fait autant...
Tu trouves que The Miracle c´est plus du grand Queen que A Kind of Magic ou The Works?
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Disons que je le trouve moins "commercial" dans l'ensemble que les précédents avec une terrible première moitié, même si j'aime aussi le Queen grand public et/ou plus basique... du moins quand il ne tombe pas dans le "Radio Gaga" :D :beurk:

Mais A Kind of Magic contient de purs classiques c'est sûr :up:
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Queen

Message par brother of steel »

Hum Brother, voilà une question bien délicate...Choisir un seul album de référence pour un tel groupe est assez frustrant. Je choisis "A Night At The Opera", mais de "Queen 2" à "Jazz", tous sont de purs joyaux. Le premier album est peut-être le moins ultime, mais malgré tout attachant ("Great King Rat","Liar"! ) :)
lapartdombre
Wild Child
Wild Child

Message par lapartdombre »

Très dur le choix quant on est fan :) La facilité m'amènerait bien à voter pour un best of 3 cd :) mais allez, je jette ma préférence sur les deux premiers ex aequo pour cette ambiance si particulière qu'on y trouve :up:
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

lapartdombre a écrit :Très dur le choix quant on est fan :) La facilité m'amènerait bien à voter pour un best of 3 cd :) mais allez, je jette ma préférence sur les deux premiers ex aequo pour cette ambiance si particulière qu'on y trouve :up:
Eh bien, quant à moi, j'aurais plutôt tendance à penser qu'il est plus facile de voter pour l'un des albums présents dans le sondage, que pour un best of qui en est absent... :dehors:
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
AdrieN
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par AdrieN »

j'ai voté a night at the opera
the prophet's song :bave: :bave:
et bien sur bohemian rhapsody, le morceau que je connais les moindres petits sons, les paroles et tout, en gros, un de mes morceaux préférés de tous les temps.

mais j'aurais pu voter news of the world, (qui est assez hard dans l'ensemble, et sheer heart attack, quel morceau) ou innuendo, qui est magnifique, Freddy est au sommet de son art
Fire, fire, FIRE, WALK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

y a pas painkiller de queen, je ne peux pas voter :grr:
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

sinon étant donné que c'est mon groupe number 1 je devrais voter, mais je ne peux pas, j'aime tous ces albums, alors j'ai tout coché :D
c'est le seul groupe dans lequel je trouve des titres bons, mais pas de mauvais, les autres étant excellents :bave:
j'ai une énorme préférence pour A Night At The Opera et Jazz, mais déjà entre ces deux là j'aurais du mal à choisir alors si c'est entre tous, impossible. A la rigueur pour cibler un peu je dirais que Hot Space n'est pas un album indispensable de Queen...
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

Sheer Heart Attack !!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le 29 octobre sort un double DVD "Rock Montreal 1981 + Live Aid 1985" :
On October 29, 2007, Eagle Rock Entertainment will simultaneously release two incredible DVDs capturing the incomparable QUEEN in their pomp as the world's biggest band at a sold-out show in 1981 at Montreal's 18,000-seater Forum. The single 95-minute DVD is "Queen Rock Montreal", and there is a special edition double DVD "Queen Rock Montreal + Live Aid", clocking in at 138 minutes of footage. The live CD/LP from the concert is released on the same date on EMI with HD-DVD and Blu-ray versions to follow in November through Eagle.

Following their record-breaking South American tour, the Montreal shows on November 24 and 25, 1981 were to be the only concerts by QUEEN ever shot on film — indeed they were the first group to shoot an entire show in full cinema format 35mm. These releases offer the best ever sound and picture quality on a QUEEN concert release. Always a great live band, with two years non-stop touring behind them and Freddie Mercury in front of them, QUEEN excelled themselves with the cameras rolling. The footage has been digitally restored from the original film and the sound has been newly mixed and mastered for DTS Surround Sound and PCM Stereo from the original multi-track tapes.

"Hello Montreal...long time no see. You wanna get crazy?" asks Freddie as the band tear into their alternative "fast" version of "We Will Rock You", and from there on QUEEN show their hard rock roots, slowing down only for "Love of My Life" and the more mid-tempo "Under Pressure", notably being performed live for the first time in this concert.

The real joy to be had in watching Freddie, Brian, Roger and John performing here is that, unlike any other QUEEN concert film available, this delivers raw QUEEN. This is before the "Hot Space" album, before keyboards would find a place in the band's touring line up; this is simply four musicians in total cohesion.

Originally titled "We Will Rock You", this film was first launched at the Cannes Film Festival in May 1983 — as only QUEEN could. It was then released in North America (September 1984), becoming the first commercially available film of QUEEN in concert. For this special edition, the picture has been digitally restored from the original 35mm negative.

The double disc release offers the incredible bonus of a slew of Live Aid features and performances. Regularly polled as the greatest live performance of all time, QUEEN's mighty Live Aid show at 6:44pm on July 13, 1985, is here in full. In addition to the set that reinforced QUEEN's position as unrivalled rock entertainers, Freddie and Brian's performance later in the evening of the poignant "Is This The World We Created" is included. Also featured are 11 minutes of never before seen Live Aid rehearsal footage, plus a rehearsal interview with the band. In addition, there's the curiosity value of a 1982 news feature from U.S. TV series "PM Magazine". Brian May and Roger Taylor bring the story up to date with a brand new audio commentary on the Montreal concert.

Track listing:

01. Intro
02. We Will Rock You (fast)
03. Let Me Entertain You
04. Play The Game
05. Somebody To Love
06. Killer Queen
07. I'm In Love With My Car
08. Get Down Make Love
09. Save Me
10. Now I'm Here
11. Dragon Attack
12. Now I'm Here (reprise)
13. Love Of My Life
14. Under Pressure
15. Keep Yourself Alive
16. Drum & Timpani Solo
17. Guitar Solo
18. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
19. Jailhouse Rock
20. Bohemian Rhapsody
21. Tie Your Mother Down
22. Another One Bites The Dust
23. Sheer Heart Attack
24. We Will Rock You
25. We Are The Champions
26. God Save The Queen

Track listing (Double Disc Live Aid footage)

Live Aid:

01. Bohemian Rhapsody
02. Radio Gaga
03. Hammer To Fall
04. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
05. We Will Rock You
06. We Are The Champions
07. Is This The World We Created
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

La présence dans la set list de morceaux tels que Let Me Entertain You, Keep Yourself Alive ou bien WWRY(fast version), aura son poids je pense, lorsque je serai entrain d'hésiter à l'acheter ,ce DVD...
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

EMI has set a November 17 release date for "Queen: The Singles Collection Volume 1", a project 35 years in the making and spanning no less than sixteen albums; from the debut LP, "Queen", in 1973, to the last project with Freddie Mercury, "Made In Heaven", in 1995, and beyond. This box, the first of four, kicks off with the first single, "Keep Yourself Alive", and runs through to "Don't Stop Me Now" from 1979. Box 2 will continue the story into the mid 1980s, and so on. Ultimately, the four boxes will offer every one of QUEEN's singles to have made the top 40 (except "Keep Yourself Alive" which is included because it was the first-ever single).

On July 6, 1973, EMI released the first QUEEN single, "Keep Yourself Alive". In the UK it is the first and only track to be taken from the band's debut album, "Queen". The record attracts some interest in England but gets little airplay, and so fails to appear in the singles chart. EMI's promotion team are given feedback from the radio programmers that the song doesn't fit into their playlists, because, apparently, "It takes too long to happen" — presumably referring to its 30-second guitar intro (now widely regarded as one of its most intriguing features!). In order to ensure the same excuse is not offered next time around, in crafting the band's second single, "Seven Seas Of Rhye" (from "Queen II"), the band decide to make everything happen in the opening seconds… "Everything, including the kitchen sink," as guitarist Brian May would later quip. Evidently, it works; this time the single picks up immediate airplay and charts in the first week of release: in February 1974 QUEEN achieve their first UK and worldwide hit.

From this moment on, QUEEN hit singles become a virtual certainty, with the release of each successive album, each one musically a departure from the last, and, significantly, featuring compositions from all four band members. QUEEN is to date the only group whose members have all written No. 1 hits around the world.

Packaged in a flip top box the 13 CD singles feature a selection of faithfully reproduced cover artwork from around the world.

CD1:

1. A. Keep Yourself Alive
2. B. Son And Daughter

CD2:

1. A. Seven Seas Of Rhye
2. B. See What A Fool I've Been

CD3:

1. A. Killer Queen
2. A. Flick Of The Wrist

CD4:

1. A. Now Im Here
2. B. Lily Of The Valley

CD5:

1. A. Bohemian Rhapsody
2. B. I'm In Love With My Car

CD6:

1. A. You're My Best Friend
2. B. 39

CD7:

1. A. Somebody To Love
2. B. White Man

CD8:

1. A. Tie Your Mother Down
2. B. You And I

CD9: Queen's First EP

1. A. Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
2. Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To…)
3. B. Tenement Funster
4. White Queen (As It Began)

CD10:

1. A. We Are The Champions
2. B. We Will Rock You

CD11:

1. A. Spread Your Wings
2. B. Sheer Heart Attack

CD12:

1. A. Bicycle Race
2. A. Fat Bottomed Girls

CD13:

1. A. Don't Stop Me Now
2. B. In Only Seven Days

(Thanks: BrianMay.com)
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'intégralité de la discographie de QUEEN va être rééditée en vinyle, étalée sur 2 ans.
Hollywood Records and QUEEN have announced an ambitious two-year effort to release (or re-release, as appropriate) the entire QUEEN studio album catalog on long-playing vinyl albums. The album packaging will include every detail of the original releases all in their gorgeous 12"-holding splendor. Bonus posters, extra pictures, and all the exquisite details found in the original releases — they will have it all. Nothing else has the heft and artistic weight of vinyl LPs and, for the first time ever, all of QUEEN's original studio records will be available in this format.

"Oh sure, we make sure you can get QUEEN's music on whatever teeny-weeny micro iWhatever digital music device you insist on using," says Charlie D'Atri, director of marketing, synergy and special projects, "but fans have been crying out to hear this music on good old analog discs for some time now. We're thrilled to finally make them available."

The first group of releases, dubbed "The First Wave," consists of the classic QUEEN albums "A Night At The Opera", "A Day At the Races", "Sheer Heart Attack", "Queen II" AND the vinyl version of the QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS' new release "The Cosmos Rocks", and will be available starting on October 28.

"The Second Wave," which will consist of five additional albums, including an edition of the famed, rare gold foil stamped "Queen" album, "Flash Gordon", "News Of The World", "A Kind of Magic" and "Innuendo" will be released in spring 2009 with successive waves of releases approximately every six months.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En achetant un lot de 4 vinyles on peut gagner une veste en cuir Queen :

"Order the first 4 remastered vinyl albums and not only will you save on buying them individually but you will also be entered into a draw to win a great Limited Edition Queen leather jacket. It features a magnificent full colour Queen Crest logo on the back and the size is men’s medium.

All orders placed before March 31st will be entered into the draw and the winners name will be announced on QueenOnline.com.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le "First EP" du groupe va être réédité à 3000 exemplaires :
According to Queen Online, there will be a limited-edition re-release of QUEEN's first EP on CD to celebrate this year's Record Store Day. Hollywood Records has set an April 14 release date for the EP, only 3,000 numbered units of which will be produced. The EP will only to be available in the participating traditional record stores.

The tracklisting for the original QUEEN EP was as follows:

U.K. Issue:

01. Good Old Fashioned Loverboy
02. Death On Two Legs
03. Tenement Funster (single version)
04. White Queen

Japanese Issue:

01. Good Old Fashioned Loverboy
02. Death On Two Legs
03. Tenement Funster (3" CD version)
04. White Queen
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hommage débridé du Muppet Show. :D

[youtube][/youtube]
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

J'avais oublié de voter, tiens. Pour moi ce sera Sheer heart Attack, tout betement parce que j'ai découvert le groupe avec cet album. Je trouve que c'est l'album qui a le meilleur son de tous leurs albums des années 70; et c'est aussi l'album où l'ambivalence morceau hard/morceau pas hard est la plus marquée. Et quand les morceaux sont hard sur cet album, ils font vraiment pas semblant: ecoutez moi les Brighton Rock, Stone cold Crazy, Flick of the wrist ou autre Now I'm Here et dites moi quel autre groupe faisait un truc pareil en 74? Il y a vraiment quelques parties de guitare de Brian May où on est à tout point de vue plus proche d'un Hit the Lights ou d'un Metal Militia que d'un Stormbringer ou Burn...
DeathRider
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par DeathRider »

J'ai voté Queen II j'adore vraiment cet album. Mais je plussoie Dark Avenger sur Sheer Heart Attack quand c'est hard c'est hard. A part des chansons comme Children Of The Grave de Black Sabbath (et Black Sabbath en général) ou Immigrant Song de Led Zeppelin je vois rien de plus heavy. Et même c'est pas aussi rapide... C'est vrai que c'est surprenant pour l'époque. J'en ai toujours le souffle coupé quand j'entends les rythmiques de Brighton Rock ou Stone Cold Crazy ou encore Sheer Heart Attack sur News Of The World qui envoie bien aussi!
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

DeathRider a écrit :J'ai voté Queen II j'adore vraiment cet album. Mais je plussoie Dark Avenger sur Sheer Heart Attack quand c'est hard c'est hard. A part des chansons comme Children Of The Grave de Black Sabbath (et Black Sabbath en général) ou Immigrant Song de Led Zeppelin je vois rien de plus heavy. Et même c'est pas aussi rapide... C'est vrai que c'est surprenant pour l'époque. J'en ai toujours le souffle coupé quand j'entends les rythmiques de Brighton Rock ou Stone Cold Crazy ou encore Sheer Heart Attack sur News Of The World qui envoie bien aussi!
Tiens, en parlant du morceau Sheer Heart Attack est ce qu'il y en a qui ont entendu la reprise de ce morceau par le groupe de thrash Hallows Eve?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Rubrique people et nécrologie, Brian May rend hommage au compagnon de Freddie Mercury de longue date, Jim Hutton, qui vient de décéder. May sous-entend qu'il serait mort d'un cancer des poumons, et non pas directement du SIDA dont il était pourtant atteint lui aussi.

:rip:
QUEEN guitarist Brian May has posted the following message at his official website:

"We mark and mourn the passing, after a long smoking-related illness of Jim Hutton. Jim and Freddie (Mercury) were close for many years, of course, and in modern parlance would have been called civil partners. Jim was a quiet and gentle soul, unimpressed and faintly amused by the machinations of fame, rock and roll, and Queen, and so provided Freddie with a refreshingly different view on life. Jim was devoted to gardening, and to breeding the carp which gave Freddie so much pleasure in his pond at Garden Lodge. Our sincere condolences to his sisters and family. RIP Jim."
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Y a un reportage sur Mercury en ce moment sur Virgin 17.
Des images que je ne connaissais pas sur la fin de sa vie, des temoignages, de la musique...

:,( :,( :,(
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Je reviens sur ce topic a few years later (!) parce que j'aime ce groupe, et le départ de Freddie m'a atterré. J'ai voté pour "A Night at the Opera", parce qu'il me rappelle de supers souvenirs. Je l'avais acheté à l'époque, alors que les critiques incendiaient ce groupe (parce qu'ils ne pouvaient pas le cataloguer), et j'ai été émerveillé par l'intelligence de ce groupe. Ensuite j'ai acheté les précédents, puis chaque année, le nouveau ! J'ai tous leurs disques, et ils présentent tous un intérêt particulier (j'ai même "Flash" !)...sauf "Hot Space", un peu "Special"...quoique, j'ai acheté le Live "QUEEN on FIRE", et les morceaux extraits de cet album passent très bien.
Je réécoute encore souvent le LIVE KILLERS : quel bonheur.
Sinon, j'ai tout dit page 5.
Cheers. :up:
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Gandalf a écrit :Y a un reportage sur Mercury en ce moment sur Virgin 17.
Des images que je ne connaissais pas sur la fin de sa vie, des temoignages, de la musique...

:,( :,( :,(
Il était rediffusé aujourd'hui, de belles images en effet. :up:
MDT
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par MDT »

Dark Avenger a écrit :Et quand les morceaux sont hard sur cet album, ils font vraiment pas semblant: ecoutez moi les Brighton Rock, Stone cold Crazy, Flick of the wrist ou autre Now I'm Here et dites moi quel autre groupe faisait un truc pareil en 74? Il y a vraiment quelques parties de guitare de Brian May où on est à tout point de vue plus proche d'un Hit the Lights ou d'un Metal Militia que d'un Stormbringer ou Burn...
En 1974, y a aussi Scorpions avec "Speedy's coming" mais effectivement Queen est un des groupes les plus violents cette année là.

Sinon pour moi ce sera Innuendo. Avis purement subjectif et gros coup de cœur pour un album chargé en émotion et en titres fabuleux.
TrVe Guadeloupean Zouk Metal
Répondre