BLACK SABBATH avec Ozzy

Les artistes du présent ou du passé : débats, albums/carrière, découvertes...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Votre album préféré de Sabbath période Ozzy?

1- Black Sabbath
17%
2- Paranoid
34%
3- Master Of Reality
21%
4- Black Sabbath Vol 4
4%
5- Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
13%
6- Sabotage
9%
7- Technical Ecstasy
2%
8- Never Say Die!
Aucun vote

Nombre total de votes : 53

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Après la réédition Deluxe triple CD de Paranoid, les autres albums des 70's vont suivre le même traitement en septembre :
According to Drowned In Sound, legendary heavy metal band BLACK SABBATH will have five more albums from its back catalogue reissued on September 21 through Universal Music in the U.K., with all five being made into deluxe editions with extras and incentives to purchase, such as new photos and liner notes (but no bonus tracks).

The albums to get the reissue treatment are as follows:

* "Vol 4" (1972)
* "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" (1973)
* "Sabotage" (1975)
* "Technical Ecstasy" (1976)
* "Never Say Die!" (1978)

The deluxe expanded editions of BLACK SABBATH's 1970 self-titled debut and 1971 third album "Master Of Reality" — both with alternate studio versions, demos and instrumentals of classic songs and in the case of the latter, previously released track "Weevil Woman" — were made available in June via Sanctuary/Universal Music.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
jesus
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Re: BLACK SABBATH avec Ozzy

Message par jesus »

dur... allez hop master of reality, mais les 6 premiers sont tous exceptionnels :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour les fans les plus couillus, voilà de quoi avoir la classe quand vous sortirez de votre tente le matin lors des prochains festivals d'été :

http://www.webundies.com/sw042r2m.htm
BLACK SABBATH Dark Angel Boxer Shorts are now available officially licensed by Vintage Vinyl. These 100% cotton knit boxers feature the Black Sabbath Dark Angel art on the front and have the Black Sabbath logo on the rear a red background. They are machine washable, have a button fly and a covered elastic waistband. Sizes: small, medium, large and x-large.
Image Image
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

:o :o :o
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Putain il me le faut! Sans déconner!

Je cherche encore le caleçon qu'on peut apercevoir dans Detroit Rock City, "Kiss this", génial ce truc. :D
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Bien classe ! :lol: :up:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ozzy confirme qu'ils ont essayé d'enregistrer un nouvel album il y a 10 ans avec le line-up d'origine, mais que ça n'a pas marché :
Ten years ago the group entered the studio and tried to record their first album together since 1978’s Never Say Die. “I tried and I couldn’t do it,” says Ozzy. “When we were kids we used to smoke dope, we all used to get drunk, we all used to do fucking cocaine, and any other fucking pill in the arsenal. It would stall all our fucking inhibitions. And I’ve changed now that I’ve been away from Sabbath thirty-odd years. I was only with them for 10 years. I had girlfriends when I was younger and I would go ‘Oh, I would really like to go back with Shirley,’ and then you do and you go to yourself, ‘What the fuck was I thinking?’ You’re never the same, you know.”
jerome83
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jerome83 »

Les bandes originales de MASTERS OF REALITY sont en vente sur EBAY :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Sabbath-Maste ... 2304f00d90
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

La classe, mais bon voilà quoi, faut avoir un bon banquier. :D
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Paranoid va sortir dans la collection Classic Albums en DVD (qui contient entre autres British Steel et Number of the Beast) :
On June 28th in the UK and the 29th in North America, Eagle Vision is releasing the Classic Albums DVD of BLACK SABBATH's legendary second album, Paranoid. Fans will be able to go into the studio with the band - singer Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward - and get a first-hand account of the making of the album featuring the iconic tracks 'Paranoid', 'Iron Man' and 'War Pigs'. The DVD also features interviews with the original engineers, demonstrations, archive videos and use of the original multi-track tapes.
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Faut voir, en général ils sont sympas mais y'a rarement des choses qu'on ne connais pas côté infos je trouve...
PapyDooM66
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par PapyDooM66 »

Vraiment pas facile de choisir quand on est un inconditionnel du groupe, j'ai pioché "Master..." une autre "Pierre d'angle" à l'édifice Sabbathien, ultime :bow:
ImageDOOM OVER THE WORLDImage
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Thrashos a écrit :Faut voir, en général ils sont sympas mais y'a rarement des choses qu'on ne connais pas côté infos je trouve...
Comment tu te la pètes... :hum: :/
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

P'tite interview sympa de Geezer où il revient sur le processus de création lors de leurs débuts :

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/intervie ... world.html
Ultimate-Guitar.com: What does it feel like hearing "Iron Man" as the main theme song of the "Iron Man" movies? Are you blown away when you hear the music all these years later in a modern film?

Geezer: It's one of the first songs that we wrote and one of the most successful ones way back in 1970 or whatever it was. And it is very strange to hear it. We were influenced by the comic and now the comic's influenced by us. I mean, it's really strange that after all, Iron Man was always one of my favorite comic books when I was a kid and now it's sort of turned around. To see our music sort of promoting that film. it's great.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: Do you miss those days? Is there a feeling you had back then making music with SABBATH that maybe doesn't exist anymore?

Geezer: Well, because we were barely out of our teens and the whole world was all a new experience for us. So everything that we did was for the first time and we were all experiencing it together. It really was magical because you're learning with every new day; it brings a new experience. And when you've sort of, you know, been-there/done-that kind of thing, you never sort of get that same feeling ever again.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: By the time you recorded "Paranoid", did you better understand who the four of you were as a band? You'd done the first album and had that experience so was making this second record a bit easier?

Geezer: Not really, 'cause it was all done so quickly. We started the first album and the second album, "Paranoid", was almost all written in one go. Because we were on the road all the time so we'd just literally write and stuff at gigs and I think half the "Paranoid" album was written when we'd written the first album. So we didn't really have time to think back then. It was just like, "We gotta write this, gotta write that." As long as the four of us enjoyed what song we came up with, we'd just go in and record it.
Ultimate-Guitar.com: In 1970 when "Paranoid" came out, [LED] ZEPPELIN had released "Led Zeppelin III" and [DEEP] PURPLE put out "In Rock". "Live at Leeds" was out and, as you mentioned, THE BEATLES put out their last album, "Let It Be". Did you listen to these other bands to see what they were doing? Were you interested in hearing what your sort of contemporaries were doing musically?

Geezer: Oh, absolutely! The first ZEPPELIN album, we loved that album. That was probably the one album that the four of us absolutely loved. I mean, Ozzy was always a BEATLES fan. Tony [Iommi] wasn't a big BEATLES fan; he was more into the SHADOWS and guitar-based bands and jazz kind of guitar. Bill [Ward; drums] was into big band stuff: Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, and that kind of stuff. And the one thing that we all came together on was first of all the blues and the typical Robert Johnson and CREAM and Hendrix and John Mayall. And the one band that we went, "Wow, this is incredible" was LED ZEPPELIN.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: You were the main lyricist in SABBATH. As you were writing, did you try and think about what types of words and phrases would seem natural when Ozzy sang them? Did you try and craft the lyrics around Ozzy's delivery and his particular way of singing?

Geezer: It was trial and error. I wrote the lyrics that I wanted to write and then I'd give them to Ozzy. He'd sing them to his melody and if a certain word didn't fit, I'd rewrite it or he'd rewrite it. But usually because I dealt in syllables, I'd fit each word that I wrote [to] match his syllables. So usually it was matched.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: The melodies came from Ozzy? I mean, did you ever have a different melody for "Iron Man", for instance, than the one Ozzy had?

Geezer: No; that was all down to Ozzy.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: "War Pigs" actually started out as "Walpurgis"?

Geezer: Yeah, it was "Walpurgis" at first; that’s why it was comparing war to a witches sabbath conjurin' up satan. And that's what the whole thing was about: the generals gathering together to conjure up satan; satan being war. The record company wouldn't let us call it that so we changed it to "War Pigs".

Ultimate-Guitar.com: In an interview I did with Tony Iommi, he described Ozzy as an "interpreter; he breathes in the music and spits it out." How would you characterize what Ozzy brought to SABBATH? Was he more an interpreter than an actual writer?

Geezer: It's hard to say; I don't know what the difference would be. There was no one like Ozzy that could take those riffs and do what he did with 'em. There's just no other singer could have done that at the time. We all worked so well together. We were all as important as each other to bring out that sound.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: So there really was that sort of fifth element that emerged when the four of you got together to make music.

Geezer: It's like a probably a lot of bassists would probably try — if you'd been brought up on BEATLES stuff or KINKS stuff or Hendrix stuff or whatever — you'd probably play around the riffs rather than play the riff. And same with Ozzy: if he couldn't sing around the riff, he'd sing with the riff; he'd sing the same thing. So whatever worked. He was a master of interpreting Tony's riffs. Yeah, definitely.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: Working with Ozzy must have been the antithesis of working with Ronnie James Dio in the HEAVEN & HELL band. Conceivably could SABBATH have recorded any of the HEAVEN & HELL songs?

Geezer: Yeah, because we started off a few songs on HEAVEN & HELL [that] were the last SABBATH with Ozzy stuff. "Children of the Sea" started off as the original band song. Ozzy wasn't interested in singing on it.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: Were Ozzy and Ronnie at different points of the spectrum in terms of their vocal and musical approaches?

Geezer: Yeah, he [Ronnie] was a lot more serious musically. Because he can play guitar and he can play bass, he understood what went around it and he could work things out. He'd go away and work things out around the riff on his guitar or whatever. Whereas with Ozzy, whatever we do at that particular time that's where it's always gonna be. Whereas with Ronnie, he'd come up with something and if he wasn't satisfied he'd go away and keep changing it and keep changing it until he was satisfied with it.
wildflower
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par wildflower »

Moi j'ai totalement zappé le groupe quand Dio est arrivé, en fait la voix d'Ozzy faisait partie intégrante de l'atmosphère du groupe pour moi ça a tout changé ! même si Dio avait une voix géniale. On m'a souvent dit qu'Ozzy ne l'égalait pas, qu'il chantait mal mais ce n'est même pas une histoire de qualité de voix, y'a rien a faire ils étaient trop différents mis à part que je bénis "heaven and hell" d'avoir pu exister !!
“Selon les statistiques, il y a une personne sur cinq qui est déséquilibrée.
S’il y a 4 personnes autour de toi et qu’elles te semblent normales, c’est pas bon.” JC VanDamme
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour les collectionneurs de cette période, un nouveau coffret sort en novembre :

"The Ozzy Years - Complete Albums Box Set
(Limited Collectors Edition)"
Complete albums set, housed in Cross with booklet
Containing a complete 100 page Ozzy Years Discography

Release Date: 15/11/10

Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward - four names that resonate throughout Rock's recorded history as clear and sublime as the haunting bell that tolls the opening to their eponymous debut album from 1970.

Collectively, they formed Black Sabbath and forged the most haunting and hypnotic rock sound of all time. From humble beginnings, the Birmingham quartet enslaved the minds and souls of millions of rock fans around the world and continue to do so into the new millennium. The musical genre they created inspired countless musicians and spawned countless bands. Hailed as Metal's originators, their musical contributions to the world are still formidable and current forty years later. Their unique sound still echoes in many of today's greatest Metal bands. Black Sabbath, established now in the forever of Metal's ongoing musical progression, beckon and await you to enjoy their triumphs within.

This deluxe box set contains all the Ozzy era Black Sabbath albums housed in a Black Cross, the box also contains a 100 page exclusive Illustrated discography featuring rare covers from throughout the world.

The box set will include:

- Complete albums set in exclusive Japanese Miniatures, housed in Cross with booklet
Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Master Of Reality
Volume 4
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Sabotage
Technical Ecstasy
Never Say Die
We Sold Our Souls

- Containing a complete 100 page Ozzy Years Discography
- 3 Exclusive Radio Documentaries
- Guitar Pick Set
- Poster
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et tant qu'on y est dans les rééditions, voici maintenant celles de Live at Last et Past Lives, moins connus.
A noter que le CD 2 de Past Lives EST Live at Last, donc inutile d'acheter les 2...
Deluxe Edition Albums: "Live At Last" and "Past Lives"
Release Date: 27th September 2010

Universal are please to announce the release of deluxe editions of Black Sabbath's "Live At Last" and "Past Lives".

Although controversial in nature due to being released without permission or sanction by the band at the time, "Live At Last" (originally released in July 1980), was regardless, a landmark release for Black Sabbath, it being their first proper live album to feature Ozzy Osbourne on vocals (despite the fact that he had parted company with the band two years earlier). Reaching Top 5 in the UK chart, the tracks were recorded on the Vol. 4 tour some seven years prior in 1973 and specifically from shows performed in Manchester and London. From the opening salvo of 'Tomorrow's Dream' through 'Sweet Leaf', 'Killing Yourself To Live' and 'Snowblind', right up to the finale of 'War Pigs', the mammoth 'Wicked World' (with snippets of 'Into The Void' and 'Supernaut') and the inevitable closer, 'Paranoid', this is the original Black Sabbath line-up in ferocious form - and when it's this good, there was no-one better!

Captured between 1970 and 1975, the recordings on "Past Lives" show a band moving along the fast track like a runaway train. Opening disc one, with 'Tomorrow's Dream', this live collection is both bombastic and unrelenting. In some respects, Black Sabbath classics like 'Sweet Leaf', 'Children Of The Grave', 'War Pigs' and 'Paranoid' sound even more haunting and powerful on this set because of the transcendent live energy that pervades these songs. Bill Ward has occasionally referred to a 'fifth member' joining them on-stage, a non-literal suggestion denoting the sheer power and energy of the four Sabs on stage together. Tracks 1-5 were recorded at the Hardrock in Manchester on Mar 11th 1973 whilst tracks 6-9 were recorded at the Rainbow Theatre in London on March 16th '73. Disc two expands the more familiar and available performances on disc one, with further compelling live versions of tracks recorded in Paris at the Olympia Theatre in December 1970 and Asbury Park Convention Hall, New Jersey during August of '75

Both albums display a raw energy and hard hitting quality like no other. With both albums fully re-mastered they are a must for any Sabbath fan old or new.

Full album tracklistings

Live At Last

1. Tomorrow's Dream
2. Sweet Leaf
3. Killing Yourself To Live
4. Cornucopia
5. Snowblind
6. Children Of The Grave
7. War Pigs
8. Wicked World
9. Paranoid

Past Lives

Disc One:
1. Tomorrow's Dream
2. Sweet Leaf
3. Killing Yourself To Live
4. Cornucopia
5. Snowblind
6. Children of the Grave
7. War Pigs
8. Wicked World
9. Paranoid

Disc Two:
1. Hand of Doom
2. Hole in the Sky
3. Symptom of the Universe
4. Megalomania
5. Iron Man
6. Black Sabbath
7. N.I.B.
8. Behind The Wall Of Sleep
9. Fairies Wear Boots

Deluxe editions of "Live At Last" and "Past Lives" are released through Universal on the 27th September 2010.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Moi je vote Master of Reality! :rock:

Children of The Grave, titre ultime...
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

J'ai voté Paranoid. C'est l'album le plus abouti avec Ozzy
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

Je ne voudrais pas chipoter, mais ce que tu dis reste pour le moins discutable.
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Dark Avenger a écrit :Je ne voudrais pas chipoter, ....
:P
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Dark Avenger a écrit :Je ne voudrais pas chipoter, mais ce que tu dis reste pour le moins discutable.
ça va de soi. C'est simplement mon avis. Mais c'est vrai que c'est le plus aboutit de la période Ozzy :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un concert complet de 1969 a été posté (audio uniquement), avec une setlist rare :

"Black Sabbath"
"Let Me Love You Baby"
"Song For Jim" - Drum Solo - Reprise
"The Warning" (Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation Cover)
"Wicked World"
"Behind The Wall Of Sleep"
"Early One Morning" (Elmore James Cover)
"N.I.B."
"Blue Blooded Man"

Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

"Master of reality" pour moi :bang:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour les collectionneurs, tous les singles 70's :
Despite a run of legendary hit singles in the 1970s, BLACK SABBATH and the seven-inch single format didn't always sit well together. After the release of their debut single, "Evil Woman", in 1970, followed by their ultimate explosive chart success with "Paranoid", the band was not comfortable with the confines of the mainstream pop format and the audience it brought to the group, leading to their now-legendary self-imposed ban on releasing singles in the early '70s.

"We didn't intend to make a single in the first place," said Tony Iommi to the Disc And Music Echo in 1971. "But after we'd completed the album, the 'Paranoid' track was sufficiently short to be a 'trailer' for the LP. We really didn't expect it to do anything at all. We don't go into the studio to make singles. We make LPs only. But if there is anything suitable as a result of the recordings, it would be considered, of course."

BLACK SABBATH's music was vast, expansive and heavy; not the kind of vision that can be easily shackled to the three-minute pop format. Record Mirror ran a story in November of 1970 stating that "SABBATH have decided to place a 'ban' on singles in the future. Their hit, 'Paranoid', as far as they are concerned is their first and last single. They will also oppose any attempt to draw singles material from future albums."

BLACK SABBATH's 'ban' on singles in their own country lasted for more than two years, and good to their word, no singles were issued from 1971's "Master Of Reality", but in 1972, as a harbinger from fourth LP, "Vol 4", "Tomorrow's Dream" was issued as a 45 and from then on a steady run of singles followed that showed that, despite SABBATH's initial dislike, many of their songs did lend themselves well to the format.

"Supersonic Years - The Seventies Singles Box Set", released June 8 through BMG, documents the band's run of hit singles as never before and features an array of unique content.

* This limited-edition box set includes five rare single edits: Iron Man / Sabbath Bloody Sabbath / Am I Going Insane (Radio) / Hard Road / Symptom Of The Universe.
* 10 unique color picture sleeves from around the world, either ultra-rare or exclusive to this box set.
* Remastered by renowned engineer Andy Pearce.
* New liner notes booklet detailing the rarities contained within the box set, along with the story behind the birth and evolution of the most culturally important genre of all time.

The box set features the following singles:

Disc 1: Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me) / Wicked World - 1970

Disc 2: Paranoid / The Wizard - 1970

Disc 3: Iron Man (Single Edit) / Electric Funeral - 1970

Disc 4: Tomorrow's Dream / Laguna Sunrise - 1972

Disc 5: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Edited Version) / Changes - 1973

Disc 6: Am I Going Insane (Radio) (Single Edit) / Hole In The Sky - 1975

Disc 7: Gypsy / She's Gone - 1976

Disc 8: It's Alright / Rock 'N' Roll Doctor - 1976

Disc 9: Never Say Die / She's Gone - 1978

Disc 10: Hard Road (Single Edit) / Symptom Of The Universe (German Single Edit) - 1978
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

le 12 février

Vol 4 4CD super deluxe

CD 1: Original Album Remastered

“Wheels Of Confusion / The Straightener”
“Tomorrow’s Dream”
“Changes”