EMPEROR

Les artistes du présent ou du passé : débats, albums/carrière, découvertes...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Votre préféré

In The Nightside Eclipse (1994)
33%
Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk (1997)
62%
IX Equilibrium (1999)
Aucun vote
Prometheus : The Discipline Of Fire And Demise (2001)
5%

Nombre total de votes : 21

ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Ici on a les 3 premiers albums. Ca passe bien. Je crois que je préfère le premier. Mais j´ai quand même un peu beaucoup de mal avec l´idée que les gars du groupe sont des incendiaires et/ou meurtrier pour l´un. Bizarre la nature humaine: créer de la musique, appréciée semble-t-il, et d´un autre côté détruire...
Du coup, je n´ai pas l´intention de m´intéresser plus avant à la suite de leur discographie
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Sachant que ça sera la box ou rien et que les prix de Blood Music sont hyper élevés (la box Moonsorrow était à plus de 200 euros) va falloir sortir le chéquier. Ah oui pas de paiement par Paypal aussi. :lol:
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Si vous voulez jouer "In the Nightside Eclipse" avec votre orchestre local :
Composer Martin Romberg has taken on the task of transcribing influential black metal into full classical sheet music, beginning with Emperor's 1994 masterpiece "In the Nightside Eclipse."

"Martin has clearly put a lot of time and effort into transferring the 'Nightside Eclipse' record into actual sheet music," said original Emperor bassist Mortiis, "and it's cool to be a small part of that."

The 72-page score includes all instruments and chord analysis for study and performance, published by Raven Music Editions, a sheet music publisher founded in 2014 and specializing in producing scores from dark alternative and black metal music genres. The score is available at this location.

In the 20 years since the release of the album, Mortiis has gone on an eponymous journey that began as solo dark, ambient music and has since evolved into a full band playing equally dark, angry, industrial-influenced heavy music. Mortiis' long-awaited new album "The Great Deceiver" will be available March 4th, 2016.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour les collectionneurs, un coffret vinyle de qualité vient de sortir :
As previously reported, Emperor’s legendary catalog has been reissued on CD and vinyl by Candlelight Records including: In The Nightside Eclipse, Emperial Live Ceremony, IX Equilibrium, Live At Wacken Open Air 20006/Live Inferno, and Prometheus – The Discipline Of Fire & Demise.

Manager Håkon Grav of Photograve Management has unveiled the official boxes (designed by Grav and Travis Smith) that the vinyl can be stored in.

“The boxes were designed as top-load to keep the records easy-access with such a heavy item,” Grav describes. “You pull the top off, and the LP spines are facing up.

The inner box has a V-notch carved into either side for easy-access in removing records from the box.

Each box contains two glued-together pieces of interlocked 1,5mm heavy board. That means all of the sides are protected by 6mm (1/4 of an inch) of heavy board stock with a small buffer of air between the inner and outer box.

The top and bottom were later fortified with removable pieces of hard-mounted foam for extra cushion along the spines.

The boxes are wrapped in the highest quality anti-scratch matte lamination coating, printed once with a full flood black then dried then printed again one-by-one with a silver-only print. This was done in order to achieve silver shading, as the artwork is not a full-flood 100% print and exists in various percentages of silver.

The outer box front-print is by Gustave Doré, as well as the four sides of the inner box. The art from the inner box came from files obtained from Stephen O'Malley - founding member of Sunn O))) and the main visual artist for Emperor during their heyday. I had access to his reference files from when he built the artwork for Anthems and IX Equilibrium, and these were (mostly) rejected art pieces from that period.

It was an expensive, laborious, and experimental (for us) process to achieve the correct user-friendly, easy-access, well-fortified structure with correctly laid out and displayed printing. It took more than a few tries.

The box build, style, and specifications were created specifically for this project. A collaboration between myself, Seempieces | Illustration & Design by Travis Smith, and the plant.”

Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Ca sort d'où cette info? Parce que pour moi ces images correspondent à la box de Blood Music

Les vinyles par contre c'est bien les rééditions de Candlelight.
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Oui il s'agit des rééditions Candlelight, pour le coffret j'ai l'impression que seule la boîte est nouvelle...

http://bravewords.com/news/emperor-offi ... s-unveiled
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Plus de détails :
Remember that Emperor complete discography boxed set announced by Blood Music back in '14? It's finally finished and been shipped off to all the lucky bastards who jumped on it while it was still available. The label issued this announcement:

"Nearly 4 years from start to finish, the Emperor official 'The Complete Works' box is finally finished. All production parts finished and shipped to everyone from whom payment was received.

"A huge thanks to everyone who pre-ordered this set and patiently waited during the entire ordeal. Needless to say, every single person who worked on this set was driven completely insane by it. That's not hyperbole whatsoever, this set kicked the shit out of everyone who touched it.

"In the end, it took around 30 trips to the post office where I took up the entire back area to the point that the postal workers couldn't even move around for several days.

"I honestly wish more people could own the set, but due to the entire logistics of it and the sparing no expense portion of its production, it's only going to remain in the hands of a limited amount of people, sadly. When you build something where money is no object, that's the unfortunate side effect. But the response so far has been incredible - I've heard many times over that the value to quality of the box set was very well worth it.

"It was the first project I designed top-to-bottom. And probably going to be my last too, haha. Need to give a huge thanks to Seempieces | Illustration & Design by Travis Smith, Ken, and Samoth - they all helped me achieve what I wanted in various invaluable ways and were all driven completely insane by it as well.

"There's no chance I'll ever do another box set like this again, and I'd be surprised if any other label does anytime soon. Pro tip: it's financially not worth it, haha. So, please enjoy it. It will remain on sale during my break, and I'll ship out any of them ordered/paid every few weeks or so. I'm absolutely delirious now, so I'm going to go back to that fabled break I've been talking so long about."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour les fans, c'est du 2021, avec Faust et Mortiis sur certains titres :

01:03 In The Wordless Chamber
07:04 Thus Spake The Nightspirit
12:06 The Loss And Curse Of Reverence
18:51 The Acclamation Of Bonds
25:38 With Strength I Burn
36:32 Call From The Grave (Bathory Cover)
41:01 Wrath Of The Tyrant
45:50 Curse You All Men
51:00 The Majesty Of The Nightsky
56:14 I Am The Black Wizards
1:02:14 Inno A Satana
1:08:00 Ye Entrancemperium
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Un nouvel album ce serait bien aussi, ça changerait des live ou des compilations...
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Normalement un nouvel album ne serait pas prévu... Mais bon, Emperor ne serait pas le premier groupe à revenir sur une telle décision.

Concernant le sondage je vais la jouer über-fake et choisir Prometheus. Il s'agit du disque qui m'a fait connaître le groupe et je suis toujours resté scotché à ce disque... Même beaucoup le considère plus comme une prémice du projet solo d'Ihshan plutôt qu'un vrai album de l'Empereur. Son black Metal sympho hyper sophistiqué et travaillé, complexe et violent, me parle totalement !
En seconde position je mettrai IX Equilibrium je pense...

Par contre cela fait des années que je n'ai pas écouté le moindre titre d'Emperor..!
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

:lol: ok en gros les deux albums que j'aime bien sont les seuls opus pour lesquels personne ne vote.

Quel fake... cette honte ! CETTE HONTE !!!!
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Moi c'est tout le contraire, je n'ai pas apprécié Prometheus. Je n'y ai pas retrouvé la profondeur des albums précédents.
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Répondre