Whitesnake

Les artistes du présent ou du passé : débats, albums/carrière, découvertes...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Les meilleurs albums de Whitesnake?

Trouble (1978)
Aucun vote
Lovehunter (1979)
Aucun vote
Ready an' Willing (1980)
18%
Come an' Get It (1981)
18%
Saints & Sinners (1982)
27%
Slide It In (1984)
9%
Whitesnake (1987)
27%
Slip of the Tongue (1989)
Aucun vote
Restless Heart (1997)
Aucun vote
Good to Be Bad (2008)
Aucun vote
Forevermore (2011)
Aucun vote
The Purple Album (2015)
Aucun vote
Flesh & Blood (2019)
Aucun vote

Nombre total de votes : 11

Phil
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Phil »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

olivier64 a écrit :
the fab a écrit :Grosso modo, Whitesnake pour moi ça va de 78 à 84.
:rock: :rock: :rock:
Voilà. :cheers:
blacksabbasteph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par blacksabbasteph »

the fab a écrit :
blacksabbasteph a écrit :je préfère la période "bluesy" du groupe et paradoxalement ben c'est 1987 mon préféré.... :hum:
Etrange effectivement. :)
faut pas trop chercher à comprendre avec moi.... ;)
Keep the world with all its sin....it's not fit for livin' iiiiiin !!!!
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

if you want it...come an get it ! 8-)
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Queen of noise
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par Queen of noise »

Whitesnake...
Difficile de faire le choix d'un album. C'est plus certains titres que je vais aimer en particulier plutôt qu'un album.
Mais ceux que j'écoute le plus souvent suivant mon humeur sont : "Lovehunter", "Come an' get it", "Slide it in" et "Slip of the tongue".
C'mon little baby
Let's call it rock n' roll !
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

Live in the heart of the city - mon préféré
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
beck-bolin
Caught in a Mosh
Caught in a Mosh

Message par beck-bolin »

pour moi tous leurs albums sont excellent jusquà 1987 inclus (je suis un fan ultime de John Sykes qui sortira un album superbe en 1989 Blue Murder).
Pour la période US c'est 1987 sans pb et pour leur période bluezy je dirais Ready n willing et come and get it (c'est ce dernier pour lequel j'ai voté) et leur live dantesque!
le mieux étant de tout avoir en vinyle le son est superbe!
:bang: par contre à l'heure actuelle je ne trouve pas leurs productions exceptionnelles mais correcte c'est tout!
Phil
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Phil »

Dave Smallwood a écrit :Live in the heart of the city - mon préféré
Pareil avec Ready An' Willing et Come An' Get It. :) :) :)
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Et la pochette de ce live bon sang ! :amour:
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

A noter la sortie d'une version courte du coffret paru en 2011, Box 'O' Snakes: The Sunburst Years 1978-1982 , qui comprenait 9 CD + 1 DVD + 1 Vinyle + 1 Livre 90 Pages.

Là, le coffret "Little Box 'O' Snakes - the Sunburst Years 1978-1982" regroupe en 8 CD les 5 albums de 1978 à 1982 + le EP Snakebite et les 2 CD du Live…In The Heart Of The City. CD en pochettes cartonnées, sans les bonus des éditions individuelles.
Prix très intéressant, moins de 30 euros.
box of snakes.jpg
box of snakes back.jpg
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
Phil
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Phil »

Je l'ai. C'est un objet magnifique. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Beau coffret c'est clair. :up:

Si je n'avais pas commencé à investir dans les vinyles ça aurait certainement été sur ma liste, dommage.
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un live de 84 va sortir! Avec les dernières apparitions de Jon Lord.
WHITESNAKE fans worldwide now have something to be excited about! To celebrate the 30th anniversary of WHITESNAKE's multi-platinum "Slide It In" album, Frontiers Music Srl, the Italian-based label, will release "Live In '84 - Back To The Bone", a complete celebration of the group's awe-inspiring lineup during what many feel was the incredible beginning of what singer David Coverdale called his desire to make WHITESNAKE more "electrifying" on record and on stage.

Set for release in Europe on November 7 and in North America on November 11, this set will be available on DVD and a deluxe CD/DVD edition.

Culled from audio and video recordings and unheard demos from the private collection of WHITESNAKE leader and vocalist David Coverdale, the release offers an ultra-rare collection of material, performed by the band's acclaimed '83-'84 lineups. Featured on the record and driven by the awesome Cozy Powell on drums (RAINBOW, MSG, GARY MOORE, BLACK SABBATH); unique guitarist John Sykes, whom Coverdale credits with inspiring a whole generation of six-stringers after his breathtaking work on the WHITESNAKE "1987" album and bassist extraordinaire Neil Murray. There is also an extraordinary emotional bonus content featuring legendary keyboardist Jon Lord performing his last show ever with WHITESNAKE on video and also the bonus CD.

"It's still hard for me to find the words when remembering that half the incredible band who originally recorded the 'Slide It In' album with me have passed away," says Coverdale. "It's incredibly difficult to articulate: Cozy Powell... Mel Galley... Jon Lord… All amazing people and amazing musicians. Their memories live on in our hearts and in the music they made. I miss them beyond words… Wait until you see and hear them playing as only they can and add in the fiery guitar assault of the incredibly gifted John Sykes, plus the relentless melodic bass pounding of Neil Murray."

Coverdale and co-producer Michael McIntyre launched a worldwide search for the best-quality video footage and audio tracks from the 1984 tour. Among the gems found was a set from Super-Rock, recorded at the first Japanese rock festival at Seibu Stadium in Tokyo and an invaluable video of Jon Lord's final appearance with WHITESNAKE recorded live in Sweden. "All of the features on this package have been treated lovingly and respectfully, with no expense spared, utilizing technology to improve sound and picture quality," says Coverdale, who personally oversaw all elements of this release.

Concludes Coverdale, "These are memories I treasure and delight in sharing with you as we continue our celebration of the 30th anniversary of WHITESNAKE's 'Slide It In'."

"Live In '84 - Back To The Bone" track listing:

CD (only available in combo edition):

01. Gambler
02. Guilty Of Love
03. Love Ain't No Stranger
04. Slow An' Easy
05. Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues
06. Ready An' Willing
07. Guitar Solo
08. Crying In The Rain
09. Soldier Of Fortune
10. Love Ain't No Stranger
11. Ready An' Willing
12. Slow An' Easy

Bonus Tracks - Jon Lord's Final Performance With WHITESNAKE (Medley)

13. Gambler (featuring Jon Lord)
14. Guilty Of Love (featuring Jon Lord)
15. Love Ain't No Stranger (featuring Jon Lord)
16. Ready An' Willing (featuring Jon Lord)

DVD:

01. Gambler
02. Guilty of Love
03. Love Ain't No Stranger
04. Ready An' Willing
05. Slow An' Easy
06. Crying In The Rain
07. Guitar Solo
08. Soldier Of Fortune
09. Drum Solo
10. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
11. Don't Break My Heart Again

Bonus Tracks - Jon Lord's Final Performance with WHITESNAKE (Medley)

12. Gambler (featuring Jon Lord)
13. Guilty Of Love (featuring Jon Lord)
14. Love Ain't No Stranger (featuring Jon Lord)
15. Ready an' Willing (featuring Jon Lord)

DVD Bonus Gallery - "Slide It In Slide Show" with rare unseen photos. The music bed contains snippets of private demos from David's personal archives.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/whites ... CREfV0E.99

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

L'album "1987" va être ré-édité en version 2CD et version super deluxe 4CD+1DVD+livre. Sortie le 06/10/2017. (il n'est pas cher actuellement en pré-order sur Amazon.co.uk, 35 livres seulement).
This October, Rhino will issue a 30th anniversary super deluxe edition box set of Whitesnake‘s self-titled album, which was known as ‘1987’ in Europe and Australia.

The album featured the massive hits Here I Go Again (’87) and Is This Love? which propelled the album to sales of eight million in the US alone.

The super deluxe edition of this reissue is a 4CD+DVD package and features a newly remastered version of the album. As fans will known the track listings were different in the America and the UK for the original release. This reissue adhere’s to neither but is the same tracks and sequence as the 20th anniversary edition (without the four live bonus tracks).

The second CD offers 12 unreleased live tracks recorded from the band’s 1987-88 tour, while the third disc delivers almost the entire album in demo / rehearsal recording form. These variants are dubbed ’87 Evolution Versions’. These are all previously unreleased.

The fourth and final CD includes newly remixed versions of the four singles (Still of the Night, Is This Love, Give Me All Your Love and Here I Go Again 87) and includes radio mixes from the era and four versions of tracks that were unique to Japanese EP 87 Versions.

The DVD features the promo videos for the four singles (restored and with 5.1 surround sound) along with a 30-minute documentary of the making of the album. Additionally, there is a newly filmed video of Here I Go Again, and unreleased live footage from the 1987-1988 tour.

Along with the discs inside the box, there is a 60-page hardcover book, with the usual photos, essay, lyrics etc. This super deluxe edition box set seems great value, especially in the UK where it’s £35.

A 2LP vinyl edition adds some of those new 2017 remixes and a selection of live tracks to the bonus LP, while the two-CD deluxe is discs one and two from the box set (i.e. live tracks on the bonus disc).

This reissue of Whitesnake/1987 will be released on 6 October 2017.

1987 – 2CD Edition

Disc One: Original Album 2017 Remaster
1. “Still Of The Night”
2. “Give Me All Your Love”
3. “Bad Boys”
4. “Is This Love”
5. “Here I Go Again 87”
6. “Straight For The Heart”
7. “Looking For Love”
8. “Children Of The Night”
9. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again”
10. “Crying In The Rain”
11. “Don’t Turn Away”

Disc Two: Snakeskin Boots [Live On Tour 1987-88]
1. “Bad Boys/Children Of The Night” *
2. “Slide It In” *
3. “Slow An’ Easy” *
4. “Here I Go Again” *
5. “Guilty Of Love” *
6. “Is This Love” *
7. “Love Ain’t No Stranger” *
8. Guitar Solo – Adrian and Vivian *
9. “Crying In The Rain” *
10. “Still Of The Night” *
11. “Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City” *
12. “Give Me All Your Love” *

*Previously unreleased

1987 – super deluxe edition

Disc One: Original Album 2017 Remaster
1. “Still Of The Night”
2. “Give Me All Your Love”
3. “Bad Boys”
4. “Is This Love”
5. “Here I Go Again 87”
6. “Straight For The Heart”
7. “Looking For Love”
8. “Children Of The Night”
9. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again”
10. “Crying In The Rain”
11. “Don’t Turn Away”

Disc Two: Snakeskin Boots [Live On Tour 1987-88]
1. “Bad Boys/Children Of The Night” *
2. “Slide It In” *
3. “Slow An’ Easy” *
4. “Here I Go Again” *
5. “Guilty Of Love” *
6. “Is This Love” *
7. “Love Ain’t No Stranger” *
8. Guitar Solo – Adrian and Vivian *
10. “Still Of The Night” *
11. “Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City” *
12. “Give Me All Your Love” *

Disc Three: 87 Evolutions [Demos and Rehearsals]
1. “Still Of The Night” *
2. “Give Me All Your Love” *
3. “Bad Boys” *
4. “Is This Love” *
5. “Straight For the Heart” *
6. “Looking For Love” *
7. “Children Of The Night” *
8. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again” *
10. “Don’t Turn Away” *
11. “Crying In The Rain” (Lil’ Mountain Alternate Take Ruff Mix) *

Disc Four: 87 Versions [2017 Remixes]
1. “Still Of The Night” – Remix *
2. “Is This Love” – Remix *
3. “Give Me All Your Love” – Remix *
4. “Here I Go Again 87” – Remix *
5. “Standing In The Shadows” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
6. “Looking For Love” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
7. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
8. “Need Your Love So Bad” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
9. “Here I Go Again” – Radio Mix
10. “Give Me All Your Love” – Single Version

DVD
1. “Still Of The Night” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
2. “Here I Go Again 87” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
3. “Is This Love” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
4. “Give Me All Your Love” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
5. Documentary about the making of 1987 Album *
6. “Here I Go Again” – Purplesnake Video Jam *
7. “Crying In The Rain” – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *
8. Band Intros – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *
9. “Still Of The Night” – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ah les fameux concerts avec un line-up qui n'a plus rien à voir avec celui de l'album... :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un clip sort pour la version 'inédite' de "Here I Go Again", antérieure à l'officielle. Les claviers sont sensiblement différents :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Autre remix, mais je n'ai jamais trop aimée cette chanson...

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un coffret de performances acoustiques, certaines connues, d'autres non :
It was the hard-rocking sound of hits like "Still Of The Night" and "Give Me All Your Love Tonight" that brought WHITESNAKE worldwide, multi-platinum success. Even so, the band's founder and lead singer, David Coverdale, has never been a stranger to the occasional ballad, going back to his early days with DEEP PURPLE on "Soldier Of Fortune" and, most famously, with WHITESNAKE on the 1987 No. 1 smash hit "Here I Go Again".

After WHITESNAKE finishes its current summer tour with FOREIGNER, the band will revisit some of its best acoustic performances with "Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition". This five CD/DVD collection brings together unplugged and acoustic-based performances recorded over the past 20-plus years, including rare and unreleased studio and live recordings, acoustic demos, concert videos, interviews and more. The extensive set will be available on October 19 for $59.98. On the same day, Rhino will also release "Unzipped" in three other formats: single-CD ($7.98), double-CD ($19.98), and double-LP ($29.98). All of the music will be available digitally and via streaming services.

The first disc from "Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition" mixes rare and unreleased versions of songs like "Summer Rain" and "Forevermore" from the band's recent studio albums, "Good To Be Bad" (2008) and "Forevermore" (2011). Also included are songs like "Love Is Blind" from Coverdale's solo album, "Into The Light" (2000); and a previously unreleased song, "All The Time In The World". All 11 tracks are available on the single-CD, double-CD and double-LP versions of "Unzipped".

In 1997, Coverdale and guitarist Adrian Vandenberg played an unplugged concert in Tokyo that was recorded and initially released exclusively in Japan as "Starkers In Tokyo". That recording has been remixed and will make its North American debut on the second disc of "Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition". The acoustic performance touches on the different stages of Coverdale's career, from his time in DEEP PURPLE ("Soldier Of Fortune"), to his solo albums ("Too Many Tears"), and, most famously, with WHITESNAKE on unplugged versions of hits like "Is This Love" and "Here I Go Again". These 12 tracks, along with all the music on the single-CD version of "Unzipped", will also be available on double-CD, and double-LP.

"Some of my favorite love songs are on disc one of this collection… and I LOVE, love songs," says Coverdale. "Though reluctant at first to go 'unzipped' in public, the shows I did with Adrian Vandenberg in 1997, and then Doug Aldrich in 2006, were incredibly memorable… primarily because it gave me an opportunity to be 'at one' with the crowd… some songs ask for a softer touch… and those are the songs we have here in this collection."

"Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition" has even more of unreleased, unplugged recordings, including more performances from Coverdale's 1997 tour with Vandenberg, plus several later shows featuring Coverdale and guitarist Doug Aldrich. Plus, more than two dozen of Coverdale's unreleased, acoustic demos are also included in the collection.

A DVD completes "Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition" with live, unplugged performances filmed around the world between 1997 and 2015, including a complete acoustic show recorded at the Cutting Room in New York in 2008. A highlight for U.S. fans will be the North American debut of the 1997 concert video "Starkers In Tokyo", which has been remixed in 5.1 and Stereo exclusively for this new collection. Additional bonus features include an interview with Coverdale and Vandenberg, bootleg videos, the "Love Is Blind" music video and a slideshow.

Coverdale continues: "These songs are some of the most personal I've been involved with through my almost five decades as a professional musician, singer and composer…This is me at my most unguarded… innocent… writing, as I still do, for the fun… the expression… the poetry… all LOVE songs."

"Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition" track listing:

Disc One: Unzipped… In The Studio: The Love Songs

01. Love Is Blind
02. One of These Days *
03. All The Time In The World *
04. Wherever You May Go
05. Easier Said than Done *
06. Fare Thee Well *
07. Summer Rain
08. Forevermore
09. 'Till The End Of Time

Bonus Tracks:

10. Wherever You May Go (Instrumental) Strings only *
11. Love Is Blind (Instrumental) Strings only *

Disc Two: Starkers In Tokyo

01. Sailing Ships
02. Too Many Tears
03. The Deeper The Love
04. Love Ain't No Stranger
05. Can't Go On
06. Give Me All Your Love
07. Don't Fade Away
08. Is This Love
09. Here I Go Again
10. Soldier Of Fortune

Bonus Tracks:

11. Only My Soul (Acapella) *
12. Fool For Your Loving (Excerpt) *

Disc Three: Snakeskin Boots: Starkers In Europe Starkers In Warsaw (Poland, April 18, 1997):

01. Intro
02. Sailing Ships
03. Too Many Tears
04. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Stockholm (Sweden, December 2, 2006):

05. Intro
07. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
08. Only My Soul (Acapella)
09. All I Want Is You
10. Dog
11. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Cologne (Germany, November 24, 2006):

12. Intro
13. Give Me All Your Love
14. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
15. All I Want Is You
16. Slow & Easy
17. Dog

Starkers In Paris (France, November 30, 2006):

18. Give Me All Your Love
19. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
20. Northwinds (Acapella)
21. All I Want Is You
22. Dog
23. Blindman (Acapella)
24. Here I Go Again

Disc Four: More Starkers Promo Tour Rehearsals (2005):

01. If You Want Me *
02. Give Me All Your Love *
03. Slow & Easy *
04. All I Want Is You *
05. Judgement Day *
06. Ain't Gonna Cry No More *
07. Dog *

Starkers In New York (New York City, April 10, 2008):

08. Give Me All Of Your Love
09. Can You Hear The Wind Blow
10. All I Want All I Need
11. Lay Down Your Love
12. Fool For Your Loving
13. The Deeper The Love
14. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
15. Here I Go Again

WSTV Jams Excerpts (2012):

16. Easier Said Than Done
17. Fare Thee Well
18. Love Will Set You Free
19. Mistreated
20. Slide It In
21. 'Till The End Of Time
22. Shake My Tree

Made In Japan Soundcheck Versions (2011)

23. Good To Be Bad
24. Tell Me How

Disc Five: Up Close & Personal

01. Wherever You May Go (Demo Version) *
02. Surrender *
03. Ain't No Doubt About My Girl *
04. Scat Man Blues *
05. Love's A Crazy Game *
06. I Will Love You *
07. Oh Baby You're The One *
08. So Long (Acapella) *
09. So Long *
10. It Would Be Nice *
11. Slide Thingy Blues *
12. Down To The River *
13. Feel Your Love Grow Stronger *
14. Blues Jam Riff *
15. Fun Lick Blues *
16. Don't Wanna Change The World *
17. It's So Hard *
18. River Song (Early Version) *
19. Let's Have A Drink Before I Go *
20. Can You Ever Forgive Me *
21. So Much To Live For *
22. Another Lick While The Missus Is Busy In The Kitchen *
23. Just The Two Of Us (Together You And I) *
24. Oh S___ Blues (featuring Jessica) *
25. Seasons *

DVD Starkers In Tokyo (1997):

01. Sailing Ships
02. Too Many Tears
03. The Deeper The Love
04. Can't Go On
05. Is This Love
07. Here I Go Again
08. Soldier Of Fortune
09. Love Ain't No Stranger
10. Don't Fade Away
11. Only My Soul (Acapella)
12: Fool For Your Loving (excerpt)

Starkers In New York (2008):

01. Give Me All Of Your Love
02. Can You Hear The Wind Blow
03. All I Want All I Need
04. Lay Down Your Love
05. Fool For Your Loving
06. The Deeper The Love
07. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
08. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Warsaw (Poland, April 18, 1997):

09. Intro
10. Sailing Ships
11. Too Many Tears
12. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Stockholm (Sweden, December 2, 2006):

13. Intro
14. Give Me All Your Love
15. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
16. Only My Soul (Acapella)
17. All I Want Is You
18. Dog
19. Here I Go Again

Starkers In Cologne (Germany, November 24, 2006):

20. Give Me All Your Love
21. Ain't Gonna Cry No More
22. All I Want Is You
23. Dog

Starkers In Sofia (Bulgaria, November 24, 2015):

24. Soldier Of Fortune

Starkers In Paris 2 (France, June 4, 2009):

25. Blindman

Starkers In Wolverhampton (England, June 16, 2011):

26. Fare Thee Well

Starkers In Glasgow (Scotland, June 15, 2011)*

27. One Of These Days

Bonus Features:

- One-on-One with David Coverdale and Adrian Vandenberg discussing "Starkers"
- Poor Albert's Last: Photographic Slideshow (featuring audio from "Sailing Ships")
- Purplesnake's "Forevermore" Video
- "Love Is Blind" Music Video

* previously unreleased
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

a 2 ou 3 exceptions, il se sera quand même pas fais chier avec les pochettes l'ami Coverdale hein !
aimé
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par aimé »

Everflow a écrit :
01 oct. 2017, 22:28
Un clip sort pour la version 'inédite' de "Here I Go Again", antérieure à l'officielle. Les claviers sont sensiblement différents :

Comment se passer de Tawny (et des Jaguar) pour la version 87'? C'est un sacrilège pour moi...
Pourtant la chanson se suffit à elle même, mais :oops: :amour: :amour: :amour: :amour: :mad:
chaque fois que j'entends ce titre je revois Tawny, c'est dingue comment ça m'a marqué :putain:
Un bon confit ne ment jamais... :non:
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Slide It In, paru en 1984, album de transition entre les périodes UK et US, et réédité en version très étendue pour ses 35 ans, dans un coffret 6 CD + 1 DVD !

Rhino Records will release a 35th anniversary edition of Whitesnake’s Slide It In on March 22. The album is famous for vastly different versions released on the two sides of the Atlatic at the time. The European version, released in 1984 and produced by Martin Birch, featured Coverdale, Micky Moody, Mel Galley, Cozy Powell, Colin Hodgkinson, and Jon Lord. Soon after, Jon left to reform Deep Purple, while Moody and Hodgkinson were replaced by John Sykes and Neil Murray. Sykes and Murray, together with session keyboard player Bill Cuomo, re-recorded their parts for the 1985 US release, mixed by Keith Olsen. This resulted in significantly different sound that marked the beginning of the band’s slide into the MTV-friendly hairspray metal scene.
The anniversary edition will be available in several formats.
A 1CD edition will include newly remastered US mix of the original album.
The Deluxe Edition on either 2CD or 2LP will include both the UK and US mixes of the album, both newly remastered.
The Ultimate Special Edition on 6CD+DVD will include both UK and US mixes, plus a plethora of bonus material detailed below. This edition will also feature a 60-page hardbound book including photos, essays, notes, and credits.

Ultimate Special Edition

Disc 1
US Mix (1985) 35th Anniversary Remaster

Disc 2
UK Mix (1984) 35th Anniversary Remaster
Bonus tracks:
Need Your Love So Bad – single b-side
Gambler – 7-inch Eddie Kramer Mix (1983)
Guilty Of Love – 7-inch Eddie Kramer Mix (1983)

Disc 3
35th Anniversary Remixes (2019)
Slide It In
Slow An’ Easy
Love Ain’t No Stranger
Give Me More Time
Guilty Of Love
All Or Nothing
Spit It Out
Standing In The Shadow
Hungry For Love
Gambler
Need Your Love So Bad

Disc 4
Monitor Mixes & Intros (September 1983)
Intro to Gambler from David Coverdale
Gambler
Standing in the Shadow
Intro to Slide It In from David Coverdale
Slide It In
Give Me More Time
Intro to Love Ain’t No Stranger from David Coverdale
Love Ain’t No Stranger
Hungry For Love
Intro to Guilty Of Love from David Coverdale
Guilty Of Love
Spit It Out
Intro to Slow An’ Easy from David Coverdale
Slow An’ Easy
All Or Nothing
David Coverdale discusses the US vs UK versions
Jon Lord’s last Whitesnake show (Grand Hotel, Stockholm, Sweden, April 16, 1984 – filmed for Måndagsbörsen TV show)
Gambler
Guilty Of Love
Love Ain’t No Stranger
Ready An’ Willing (Sweet Satisfaction)

Disc 5
Live in Glasgow, Scotland (March 1, 1984)
Gambler
Guilty Of Love
Love Ain’t No Stranger
Here I Go Again
Slow An’ Easy
Cryin’ In The Rain
Keyboard Solo
Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
Fool For Your Loving
Need Your Love So Bad / Thank You Blues
Slide It In
Don’t Break My Heart Again

Disc 6
Early rough mixes with unfinished lyrics:
All Or Nothing
Hungry For Love
Spit It Out
Give Me More Time
Slow An’ Easy
Love Ain’t No Stranger
Need Your Love So Bad (instrumental)
All Or Nothing (acapella excerpts remix)
Slow An’ Easy (organ and drum excerpts remix)
Wheezy Interludes (various alcoholic studio antics, David and Mel “fighting a cold”)
Original demos:
Slow An’ Easy
Slide It In
Standing In The Shadow
All Or Nothing
Spit It Out
Guilty Of Love
Love Ain’t No Stranger
Intro to Need Your Love So Bad from David Coverdale
Need Your Love So Bad
Demo ideas that were never finished:
Body Heat
The Gypsy In You
Lounge Lizards
Great Riff In The Morning
The River Song
Can’t Make A Deal With The Devil
Prayer For The Dying
Spend The Night With Me
So Much To Live For
Riff Raff Blues
Thanks You Blues

DVD
Guilty Of Love – Music Video
Slow An’ Easy – Music Video
Love Ain’t No Stranger – Music Video
Give Me More Time – Top Of The Pops
Standing In The Shadow – New Promo Video
Love Ain’t No Stranger – Live… In The Still Of The Night
Slide It In – Live at Donington (1990)
Jon Lord’s Last Whitesnake Show (1984)
Gambler
Guilty Of Love
Love Ain’t No Stranger
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Re: Whitesnake

Message par Gandalf »

Bel objet !
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

et pas cher (60 euros) ;)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je suis curieux du CD3, le nouveau mix, après tout le battage et le débat autour des précédents (US et UK).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un exemple des nouveaux mixes 2019 en question :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Whitesnake

Message par Everflow »

Réédition 4 CD (!) + DVD d'un album méconnu.
In the wake of WHITESNAKE's massive global success, the band's founder and lead singer, David Coverdale, set out to record his third solo album in 1995. However, the plan was derailed when pressure from his record label forced him to change course and release "Restless Heart" under the DAVID COVERDALE & WHITESNAKE moniker. Despite the changes, the 1997 album was a Top 40 hit in the U.K. Surprisingly, the record was never released in the U.S. That will change this fall when Rhino introduces several versions of "Restless Heart", including a four-disc boxed set.

"Restless Heart: Super Deluxe Edition" will be available on October 29 and is available for pre-order now. The 4CD/DVD collection features newly remastered and remixed versions of the original album, along with unreleased demos and studio outtakes. The DVD includes music videos and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the album with new interviews from David Coverdale. The set comes with a hardbound book filled with rare and unseen photos from the era.

Three additional versions of "Restless Heart" will be available the same day. First is a two-CD deluxe edition that includes the new remix plus the original album, newly remastered. Next is a double-LP deluxe edition pressed on 180-gram silver vinyl that features the newly remixed album. And finally, there is a single-disc version which again features the newly remixed album. In addition, all of the music will be available digitally through streaming services.

"Restless Heart: Super Deluxe Edition" opens with a newly remixed version of the album that's closer to the sound Coverdale initially intended for his new solo release. It's followed by a newly remastered version of "Restless Heart", including the singles "Too Many Tears" and "Don't Fade Away", plus three bonus tracks from the album's original Japanese release. Featured musicians include Adrian Vandenberg, Denny Carmassi, Guy Pratt and in addition, guitarist Joel Hoekstra and keyboardist Derek Sherinian who bring their exceptional talents to the party.

The following two discs reveal how "Restless Heart" evolved, starting with early pre-production versions of every album track to later takes of those songs.

The DVD features several music videos ("Too Many Tears" and "Restless Heart") plus the making-of-the-album featurette. There is also a video EP featuring the three relevant songs from the 1997 live acoustic album, "Starkers In Tokyo", originally only available in Japan

"Restless Heart: Super Deluxe Edition" track listing:

Disc 1:

Restless Heart: 2021 Remix

01. Restless Heart
02. You're So Fine
03. Can't Go On
04. Crying
05. Take Me Back Again
06. Anything You Want
07. Too Many Tears
08. All In The Name Of Love
09. Your Precious Love
10. Can't Stop Now
11. Woman Trouble Blues
12. Stay With Me
13. Oi (Theme For An Imaginary Drum Solo)
14. Don't Fade Away
15. Can't Go On (Unzipped)

Disc 2:

Restless Heart: 2021 Remaster

01. Don't Fade Away
02. All In The Name Of Love
03. Restless Heart
04. Too Many Tears
05. Crying
06. Stay With Me
07. Can't Go On
08. You're So Fine
09. Your Precious Love
10. Take Me Back Again
11. Woman Trouble Blues
12. Anything You Want
13. Can't Stop Now
14. Too Many Tears '95 (Live & Drunk in the Studio featuring The Horny B'stards)

Disc 3:

Dancing On The Titanic

Early Arrangements & Getting Drum Tracks in the Studio

01. Restless Heart
02. You're So Fine
03. Can't Go On
04. Crying
05. Take Me Back Again
06. Anything You Want
07. Too Many Tears
08. All In The Name Of Love
09. Your Precious Love (Soul Version)
10. You Precious Love
11. Can't Stop Now (Instrumental Version)
12. Woman Trouble Blues
13. Stay With Me
14. Oi (Instrumental)
15. Don't Fade Away
16. Snakes Down South (Unreleased Demo)

Disc 4:

Restless Heart: Evolutions

01. Restless Heart
02. You're So Fine
03. Can't Go On
04. Crying
05. Take Me Back Again