Andy Fraser (Free) 1952-2015

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

RIP. :( Il avait 16 ans sur le 1er album de FREE en 1968 !
En hommage :
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Triste, il en aura bavé avant de mourir. :(

Quelques réactions de ses amis :
Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke have led tributes to former Free bandmate Andy Fraser, who died on Monday aged 62.

His passing was confirmed last night. No cause of death has been reported, but he’d been dealing with AIDS and cancer for many years.

Singer Rodgers said simply: “Losing Andy is very personal. No words. Sad day.”

Drummer Kirke said: “Andy didn’t think of himself as a bass player, more a musician who could play anything to ‘get the thing going.’ When I last saw him he took me for a spin in his car, while he played some tracks he’d written. He’d played everything, but it was his singing that surprised me the most.

“He was a consummate musician. A unique player. We will never see his like again.”

Quireboys frontman Spike tells TeamRock of his shock just as his Spike’s Free House project was preparing to tour with Fraser. He says: “Andy was so looking forward to playing with Simon again and reviving those old Free classics and the work of Frankie Miller.

“Everyone was getting ready for rehearsals in May. The flights were booked, the studio space was set aside and we just couldn’t wait to get going.

“I just can’t believe it. It’s too early to even think about what we might do now. Everyone needs time to reflect. It’s a sad time for fans of Free and the whole of the rock world – Andy was a supreme musician and very brave man, and he’ll be sorely missed.”

Glenn Hughes, who’d been planning a collaboration with Fraser, said: “My biggest bass-playing influence. Honoured to have shared the stage with you. You are loved, my brother.”

Joe Bonamassa reported: “I’m extraordinarily sad – Andy was one of the greatest and I was proud to call him my friend.”

Fraser’s daughter Hannah hailed his “fearless commitment to honesty and justice” through his work with the Rock Against Trafficking charity, the Occupy movement and his standpoint on gay rights and ecological issues.

She added: “Andy was a survivor who overcame some of the most challenging health issues in his life. He left this earth healthy, happy and full of plans to make this world a better place for us all. It's alright now, and he's finally free.”
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

RIP :,(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Merde... :,( :,( :,( RIP
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Répondre