Greg Lake (Emerson Lake & Palmer, King Crimson) 1947-2016

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quelques mois après le décès de Keith Emerson, c'est à présent son acolyte Greg Lake qui s'est éteint, d'un cancer.
Outre la carrière d'ELP, on retiendra également sa participation sur les 2 premiers albums de King Crimson.
C'est bien une légende de ce genre musical qui disparait.
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER's Greg Lake has died after a battle with cancer. He was 69 years old.

Lake's passingwas confirmed on the musician's official Twitter account by EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER's longtime manager Stewart Young.

Young wrote: "Yesterday, December 7th, I lost my best friend to a long and stubborn battle with cancer.

"Greg Lake will stay in my heart forever, as he has always been. His family would be grateful for privacy during this time of their grief."

YES keyboardist Geoff Downes was one of a number of rockers who paid tribute to Lake on social media. He wrote: "Very sad about Greg Lake. I had the privilege of working with him on several projects. His great talent will be sorely missed by all.

"Another genius has passed away. 2016 has truly been an annus horribilis in musical history."

Lake is the second member of EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER to die this year, following the suicide of Keith Emerson in March.

"It is with great sadness that I must now say goodbye to my friend and fellow bandmate Greg Lake," former EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER drummer Carl Palmer said in a statement. "Greg's soaring voice and skill as a musician will be remembered by all who knew his music and recordings he made with ELP and KING CRIMSON. I have fond memories of those great years we had in the 1970s and many memorable shows we performed together. Having lost Keith this year as well has made this particularly hard for all of us."

Lake is considered one of the founding fathers of progressive rock, creating 1960s rock band KING CRIMSON.

He subsequently teamed up with Keith Emerson and Carl Palmer to form the progressive rock supergroup EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER.

The influential trio released nine studio albums between 1970 and 1994.
Guitarist Steve Hackett wrote on Twitter: "Music bows its head to acknowledge the passing of a great musician and singer, Greg Lake."

Rick Wakeman, keyboardist in the prog rock band Yes said: "Another sad loss with the passing of Greg Lake...You left some great music with us my friend & so like Keith, you will live on."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

:,(
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

C'est Palmer qui doit flipper :oops:
ImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du coup je repense à ce duo...

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Oui, c'est vrai Gary Moore avait accompagné Greg Lake sur sa tournée 1981.

Et un moment de magie : la partie vocale d'Epitaph (1969) sur le 1er KING CRIMSON. Bouleversant. :amour: :,( :bow:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une des meilleures chansons de tous les temps pour moi, tous genres confondus. Et tragiquement poignante à écouter désormais.

Apparemment c'est extrait de la version remix de l'album en 5.1 réalisée récemment par Steven Wilson, ça donne envie de le "racheter".
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Everflow a écrit :Une des meilleures chansons de tous les temps pour moi, tous genres confondus.
:up: :up: :up:
Everflow a écrit :Apparemment c'est extrait de la version remix de l'album en 5.1 réalisée récemment par Steven Wilson, ça donne envie de le "racheter".
Si tu peux trouver pas trop cher le coffret 5CD ( https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In ... se/2053798 ), n'hésites pas. Je l'ai, il est ultra complet. Mais il ne me semble pas que cette version y soit.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:up:

D'autres chansons de Greg Lake qui resteront dans l'histoire :

Répondre