Paul Raymond (UFO) 1945-2019

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le légendaire claviériste-guitariste-homme à tout faire de UFO a eu une crise cardiaque à 73 ans.
UFO guitarist/keyboard player Paul Raymond has died after suffering a heart attack. He was 73 years old.

The news of Raymond's passing was broken by his "life partner," Sandra, who wrote on Facebook: "With a desperate and broken heart, fully in tears and pains that feel like they will kill me, I have to tell you that my most beautiful and beloved darling Paul Raymond has passed away today. The doctors we're trying to reanimate him and with success at first but then his system shot down again and there was nothing more they could do for him, he died of a heart attack.

"He absolutely enjoyed the last couple of weeks touring with UFO in the UK & Ireland and he was looking forward to the rest of this year's tour.

"This photo was taken last Wednesday when we checked out of our last hotel before coming back to Germany!

"I will always love him and I hope he will rest in piece until I'll see him again on the other side!!!

"I love you so much Paul"

Paul's professional career began in January 1964. He started out as a jazz musician but went on to become best known as a member of legendary British rock band UFO's classic lineup alongside Phil Mogg, Michael Schenker, Andy Parker and Pete Way. Raymond is also featured on classic records by CHICKEN SHACK and SAVOY BROWN as well as solo albums, plus those credited to PAUL RAYMOND PROJECT.

Raymond was recruited by UFO in 1976 to replace the band's first keyboardist, Danny Peyronel. When Michael Schenker left UFO, Raymond joined Schenker's MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP and later hooked up with Pete Way in WAYSTED.

Raymond appeared on more than a dozen of UFO's albums, including "Lights Out" and the live classic "Strangers In The Night".

Way posted on Facebook: "I've just heard the sad news of Paul Raymond's passing. I won't pretend that we were always the best of friends but I am completely shattered to hear this.

"My sincere condolences go out to his family, particularly Sandra.

"I'm gonna miss you mate! Sleep tight."

Schenker wrote: "It is unbelievable. Paul Raymond was a great musician and loved rock and roll. My condolences to his loved ones. Rest in peace, my friend."

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Paul Raymond (UFO)

Message par olivier64 »

RIP. :,( Grand musicien.

Et ses parties de claviers dans UFO étaient sublimes (et sont pour moi un des plus qui font de Strangers In The Night le meilleur album live du Hard Rock)

au piano sur l'intro de Doctor Doctor en 1979

déchaîné avec MSG en 1981

un de ses derniers concerts
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Paul Raymond (UFO)

Message par Dave »

vraiment triste, un grand musicien...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Paul Raymond (UFO)

Message par Achille »

Roh merde... Dire que je l'ai vu en live il y a tout juste un mois.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre