Ozzy - Patient Number 9

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album avec comme souvent plein d'invités, surtout à la guitare : Eric Clapton, Tony Iommi, Jeff Beck et Zakk Wylde.
Jeff Beck joue sur la chanson clip (façon comic) ci-dessous.
Earlier this week, we reported that metal’s Prince of Darkness Ozzy Osbourne would be dropping a new single today via an animated music video. Now, Ozzy has dropped that single and video, “Patient Number 9” — and has announced all of the details of his new album, from which this is the title track!

Ozzy’s new record Patient Number 9 drops September 9th — hey, 9 on 9/9! Cool, like an inverted 666! — and is available for preorder. You can check out the album’s cover and tracklisting, including its massive list of guest stars, after the video.

The record’s title track is classic Ozzy, taking a menacing approach while simultaneously confronting the Oz’s own flaws, fears, and sense of powerlessness. But what’s especially killer here is the video, a career-spanning animated nightmare courtesy of Todd McFarlane, the comics-artist genius who created infamous Spider-Man villain Venom and demonic alley-dwelling superhero Spawn.

Says McFarlane of the experience:

“Having worked with Ozzy in the past, I jumped at another opportunity to do so again…especially on the music side this time. In the harsh business called the music industry, any creative person who’s sustained a multi-decades career has shown the skill, talent and tenacity that will always garner my admiration. Ozzy has shown many of us creative folks that it’s indeed possible to make a living doing what you love for nearly an entire lifetime. Go, Ozzy!”

Check out “Patient Number 9” below, followed by the album’s details.

Ozzy Osbourne’s Patient Number 9:

1. Patient Number 9 (feat. Jeff Beck)
2. Immortal (feat. Mike McCready)
3. Parasite (feat. Zakk Wylde)
4. Mr. Darkness (feat. Zakk Wylde)
5. One of Those Days (feat. Eric Clapton)
6. A Thousand Shades (feat. Jeff Beck)
7. No Escape From Now (feat. Tony Iommi)
8. Nothing Feels Right (feat. Zakk Wylde)
9. Evil Shuffle (feat. Zakk Wylde)
10. Degradation Rules (feat. Tony Iommi)
11. Dead and Gone
12. God Only Knows
13. Darkside Blues
Ozzy took to social media in early April to share the news that he has completed work on his new studio album, the follow-up to 2020’s Ordinary Man.

"I'm so happy to let everyone know that I finished my new album this week and delivered it to my label Epic Records,” he wrote on Facebook. “I’ll be sharing all the information about the album and its' upcoming release with you in the next several weeks."

Guesting on a recent episode of The Graham Norton Radio Show, Sharon Osbourne revealed that Ozzy's new album is due to be released in September.

Continuing his long association with Osbourne, Zakk Wylde features on the singer's forthcoming album, alongside three legends in Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Tony Iommi.

Asked if he was blown away when he found out he would be co-starring alongside Clapton, Beck and Iommi, Zakk tells Guitar World: "Yeah! I was shocked when I heard it was happening and even more when I heard what they played. They’d already recorded their parts so I ended up re-recording rhythm tracks underneath what they’d done at my home studio. It came out awesome."

Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith revealed that he also plays on Osbourne's forthcoming album, reprising his rôle from 2020's Ordinary Man record. He also names some of the other musicians due to appear on the album.

Smith: "We've got Robert Trujillo (Metallica) playing on some songs, who's been in Ozzy's band. Duff's (McKagan / Guns N' Roses) on a couple again. Tony Iommi and Ozzy have never collaborated outside of Black Sabbath; Tony sent us a bunch of riffs and we took what we thought was the best of 'em, which was fucking great. So Andy (Watt / guitars, producer) on the bass doing fucking great. It's fucking got everything. It's got all the stuff that you would want. Ozzy loves it. Then Eric Clapton plays a fucking wah-wah Cream-type solo. Then Jeff Beck is on two songs. Mike McCready's (Pearl Jam) on a track. Josh Homme, my neighbor from Queens Of The Stone Age, solos on a track, and then Zakk Wylde is on the record as well, all over it. So it's like if you're a guitar player... pretty fucking good."

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Sympa là aussi, mais un cran au - dessus quand même. :D Titre complètement Ozzy, comme le clip. :D
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une chanson avec Tony Iommi :

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Les grattes bordel, Tommy ! :amour:

Bon par contre la voix d'Ozzy est quand même un peu noyée dans tout ça...
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

(The) Who is that Tommy? :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette fois avec Zakk Wylde. Si on omet l'autotune toujours permanent avec Ozzy, j'ai bien aimé la composition, en tout cas plus que les autres.

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Apparition à la mi-temps d'u match de NFL, avec 2 titres (en play back, je pense même qu'il bouge en play back). Je vois pas comment il pourra refaire une tournée, il ne peut même pas chanter un seul morceau.

Il était déjà apparu le mois dernier avec Tony Iommi aux jeux du Commenwealth. Même constat. :/

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il dit avoir encore des problèmes d'équilibre, et on voit en effet qu'il s'accroche à son pied de micro. Je ne doute pas de sa volonté de refaire de la scène, il l'affirme dans les interviews, mais ça va être très compliqué c'est certain.
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Jamais été un gros fan d'Ozzy mais l'album m'a agréablement surpris. Faut dire que je m'attendais à un naufrage, n'ayant rien écouté des singles sortis jusque là. Si ça doit être osn dernier album, il partirait sur une bonne note. :up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

avec Eric Clapton :

Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Je suis bluffé par son nouvel album. Après tous ces albums moyens et médiocres... Et là au bout de sa vie le mec sort son meilleur album depuis No More Tears !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette vidéo de making of est sympa

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Ozzy fait de la pub pour Playstation :

Prochains concerts:
Tailgunner
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par Tailgunner »

Ozzy est aux fraises :

La bave du crapaud n'empêche pas la caravane de passer :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ozzy est invité sur le single du guitariste rythmique de Billy Idol (avec Steve Stevens bien sûr) :

Répondre