Leather Leone (Chastain)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Apres le succès de leur live au KIT, Sledge/Leather enregistrent un album qui devrait sortir en novembre.

THE SLEDGE/LEATHER PROJECT, the new band featuring featuring former CHASTAIN singer Leather Leone, performed at the Keep It True XIV festival, which was held April 29-30, 2011 at Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany. Leather was joined in the new band joined by MALIBU BARBI drummer Sandy Sledge, bassist Betze Stephens and guitarist Brent Baugh on guitar. The setlist contained a lot of CHASTAIN classics, songs from Leather's solo album and brand new songs.

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be viewed below.

In a recent interview with Maximum Metal, Leone stated about THE SLEDGE/LEATHER PROJECT, "I never lost touch with [Sandy] Sledge and I'm sure Delphine, if she was still alive, would be calling me. Sledge and I decided that we still had something to say. We wanted to finish what we started so we formed THE SLEDGE/LEATHER PROJECT. After doing a demo tribute recording of DIO's song 'Egypt', we were immediately booked to play the Keep It True festival in Germany. We'll be releasing the ['comeback'] show on DVD."

When asked if the THE SLEDGE/LEATHER PROJECT album was completed and what fans can expect to hear from it style-wise, Leone said, "We're writing it and it will probably be released in November. We're really excited about the opportunities that we're being given. It's great for me to finally have a huge say in what's written and how it's written. With Sledge, I feel like it's writing with a soulmate — same beliefs, same ideas — because we are writing what comes to us naturally and what comes to us naturally is HEAVY music. This is metal. It's just 'metal.' Heavy, metal."

Leather Leone recently recorded a cover version of the DIO classic "Egypt (The Chains Are On)" as a tribute to Ronnie James Dio in October 2010 at the Freedom Studio in Los Angeles, California.

Leone joined reactivated '80s Sacramento, California thrashers SENTINEL BEAST on stage on January 29, 2011 at the Cheyenne Saloon in Las Vegas, Nevada to perform a cover version of the IRON MAIDEN classic "Phantom Of The Opera".
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Yeah ma chanteuse metal préférée (avec Jutta Weinhold), putain la claque au KIT quand elle a commencé à chanter avec la même voix et la même puissance que sur les albums de Chastain d'il y a 20 ans. :o

Sa batteuse Sledge est excellente également. :drums: Elle jouait avec Leather dans son groupe pré-Chastain.
Le guitariste est OK, très compétent (à défaut d'avoir quelque chose de particulier), la bassiste mouais.

Quant aux quelques nouvelles compos qu'ils ont joué, je ne sais pas trop quoi en penser, à voir, ça m'avait l'air plus simple que les albums de Chastain. Faudrait que je réécoute son unique album solo aussi.

Bref, vivement la reformation avec Chastain :mad:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

c'est vrai que ça avait été bien bon au KIT. :rock:
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

c'est vrai qu'il est difficile de jugé des morceaux tout neuf et en plus en conditions live.
perso le dernier qu'ils ont joués assez long avec un tempo assez loud ma bien plu.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici l'album, le groupe compte désormais 2 ex-Dio : Scott Warren (claviers) et Jimmy Bain (basse).

In absence for more than two decades, on the way is new material from Leather Leone (CHASTAIN, RUDE GIRL, MALIBU BARBI) and drummer Sandy Sledge (Rude Girl, Malibu Barbi, WARBRIDE, WEAPONSVAN) in their new project, SLEDGE LEATHER.

The Sledge Leather debut album, Imagine Me Alive, was inspired in 2010 when Leather Leone called Sandy Sledge to collaborate on the RONNIE JAMES DIO track 'Egypt', for a demo tribute recording. Due to the overwhelming response for more material, Sledge Leather was born and were confirmed for Germany’s Keep it True Festival, April 30th, 2011.

Sledge Leather entered the studio in 2011 to record their comeback album, Imagine Me Alive, engulfing the listener in an onslaught of heavy metal with 11 cohesive tracks that resurrects a classic heavy metal sound with Dio's former band members Scott Warren (keyboards), and Jimmy Bain (bass).

“We wanted to finish what we started with Rude Girl in the ‘80s – straight up heavy a** metal,” Sandy Sledge explains, “This album truly shows the different ways that Leather’s voice can create music.”

Leather Leone comments: "It's great for me to finally have a huge say in what's written and how it's written. With Sledge, I feel like it's writing with a soulmate — same beliefs, same ideas — because we are writing what comes to us naturally and what comes to us naturally is heavy music. This is metal. It's just 'metal.' Heavy, metal."

Sledge Leather's album lineup includes: Leather Leone (vocals), Sandy Sledge (drums), Matthias Weisheit (guitars), Scott Warren (keyboards/orchestration), and Jimmy Bain (bass).
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

J'avais lu "retour de Heath Slater" :amour:
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce projet semble mis de côté, car Leather a remonté un groupe solo :
CHASTAIN singer Leather Leone has announced the formation of her solo band, dubbed simply LEATHER. Joining the vocal powerhouse in the new formation are Vinnie Tex (guitar), Daemon Ross (guitar), Thiago Velasquez (bass) and Braulio Drumond (drums).

LEATHER is putting the finishing touches on its debut album, to be released later in year.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chasta ... xjk8rLX.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce qui donne un album (presque 30 ans après le premier) :
LEATHER, the solo band of CHASTAIN singer Leather Leone, will release its new album, "II", on March 21 in Japan via Rubicon Music and on April 13 in the U.S. through Divebomb Records and in Europe through High Roller Records. The vinyl version of the album will be made available on June 29 via High Roller (limited to 500 copies, red or black vinyl).

"II" track listing:

01. Juggernaut
02. The Outsider
03. Lost At Midnite
04. Black Smoke
05. The One
06. Annabelle
07. Hidden In The Dark
08. Sleep Deep
09. Let Me Kneel
10. American Woman
11. Give Me Reason
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Plus classique que Chastain, et influence Dio palpable :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leather Leone has a mission, and not just recently, but since the beginning of her life as an artist. As a thoroughbred musician, an exceptional metal vocalist, and above all as an unconditionally positive person, her message has always been: "Never give up and stay the way you are!"

You don’t have to look far to find this encouraging credo on her new solo album, We Are the Chosen: It features immediately on the opening track "We Take Back Control", and it would be difficult to express her self-confidence and zest for action more unequivocally. The song sets the direction for the whole album, for Leather’s ambitions, and for her future as a committed musician. Her positive lyrics run like a leitmotif through the album’s ten songs and create an atmospherically dense arch up to its programmatic finale, "The Glory in the End".

The album has been scheduled for release on November 25 via Steamhammer/SPV and will be available for digital download as well as on CD and vinyl LP. The lead single will be out on September 23, followed by a second single on November 4.

Leather Leone undeniably counts among the most charismatic metal vocalists of the past four decades. She already caused a sensation in the 1980s as frontwoman of Chastain, the band of guitar icon David T. Chastain. Together with him, Leone has produced a series of successful albums up to the present day, some of them for legendary US talent scout Mike Varney’s imprint, Shrapnel Records. She has also released successful recordings with Malibu Barbi, Sledge/Leather, among others, and as a solo artist.

We Are The Chosen features her first solo songs since Leather II (2018), highlighting the amazing energy which has allowed her to break free from the oppressive situation of the past two years. Leone remembers: “Things had been going really well for me just before the Lockdown started, but with the arrival of Covid, all my touring plans had to be shelved and things were threatening to go down the drain. But my friend and guitarist Vinnie Tex was totally right in saying: ‘Now more than ever! We’ll do everything ourselves!’ The very first number we composed for the new record was ‘We Take Back Control’, which pointed the direction for the rest of the album.”

A direction which is also manifest on the other songs, such as the characteristic "Who Rules The World", which is, as she explains “a typical example of my style, a kind of retrospective of my entire musical life". In addition, there are a number of surprises on the new album: "Off With Your Head" has the American chanteuse embark to new pastures; Leone explains: “This song is one of my absolute favourites.” "Hallowed Ground", which she has dedicated to her great idol Ronnie James Dio, also deserves to be mentioned. “I met Ronnie lots of times and had wonderful discussions with him. He knew that I first got into metal thanks to his music and that I owe him lots.”

We Are the Chosen was recorded at the Hertz Studios (Behemoth, Vader, Hate among others) in Białystok, Poland, with Leather Leone and Vinnie Tex in charge of songwriting and production. Woitek and Slawek Wieslawski mixed and mastered the material, and Marcelo Vasco (Slayer, Kreator, Testament) contributed the cover artwork.

Leather and Vinnie Tex have invested vitality and passion in every last detail of their new metal anthems, so it comes as no surprise that Leone sums up her latest offering as follows: “To me, We Are the Chosen is a labour of love and I’m incredibly proud of it!”

You can watch a teaser for the album below.

We Are The Chosen will be released on November 25 as CD DigiPak, LP version, CD/LP bundle with shirt (only at the Steamhammer shop), download and stream.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Premier extrait un peu basique mais rah cette voix depuis 40 ans :amour:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality