Solitude Aeturnus / Robert Lowe

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le chanteur Robert Lowe s'est lancé dans un nouveau projet et prévoit de sortir un album conceptuel :
Doom metal vocalist Robert Lowe (CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS) has teamed up with composer and NS/Stick player Michael "Dr. Froth" Millsap (SIX MINUTE CENTURY, WELL OF SOULS) to record a concept album entitled "Gathered In Darkness".

The music will be a blending of progressive metal with epic doom metal textures.

Lowe is best known for his work as the vocalist for CANDLEMASS from 2007 through 2012, appearing on the albums "King Of The Grey Islands", "Death Magic Doom" and "Psalms For the Dead", as well as for his work with SOLITUDE AETURNUS.

Dr. Froth is the bassist for SIX MINUTE CENTURY, whose latest album, "Wasting Time", was released in October of 2013 on Nightmare Records. He is also a member of the epic doom band WELL OF SOULS.

Several other musicians will be joining the cast of "Gathered in Darkness", including vocalists Chuck Williams (SIX MINUTE CENTURY), John Calvin (WELL OF SOULS), and David Gonzales (FLUID FREQUENCY); guitarist Joel Gregoire (STRIDE); Don LaFon (SIX MINUTE CENTURY); Simone Mularoni (DGM); and Marc Petillon.

The project is wrapping up the writing phase and is scheduled to enter the studio in early March.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je préfèrerais un nouvel album de Solide Aeturnus, qui sont inactifs, mais bon ça fait pas de mal de savoir qu'il fait quelque chose depuis son éviction de Candlemass.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il semblerait que Solitude Aeturnus aient bel et bien splittés, ou en tout cas sont en pause indéfiniment. :(

Du coup Rob Lowe s'occupe, il a rejoint le groupe TYRANT (celui vu au KIT, pas l'allemand) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview de Lowe, qui revient sur son passage dans Candlemass et le split de Solitude Aeturnus :

https://studiorock.ro/interviews/robert ... f-doom-39/
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un extrait pour TYRANT :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Trouvé par hasard... Dommage que le son ne soit pas meilleur, c'était un excellent choix.

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

avec un public grec de connaisseurs ! :amour:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Lowe fait partie d'un troisième groupe (après Grief Collector et Tyrant), écoutez moi ce "Mahaneim" :rock:
Doom metal legend Robert Lowe, formerly of Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass and currently of Grief Collector, has booked studio time to finish up vocals for the debut DiGelsomina album, entitled Sic Itur Ad Astra.

Lowe's collaboration with former Lyraka composer-guitarist Andy DiGelsomina began with the song "Entombed By Choice", for which critically acclaimed author Martin Popoff had these glowing words:

'The only thespian tongue-in-cheek US grade-A doom as good as DiGelsomina is Bronx Casket Co., but Andy goes further, offering the bonus of a progressive rock and classic rock spin and depth of knowledge. Listen to ‘Entombed by Choice,’ and feel the pulsations of your brain leaking out onto the dresser—this happens through an agitated but planned speeding up and slowing down halfway through, in conjunction with the earthy and earth-toned guitar solo from ADG, merely a set-up for the liquid weirdness to come at the 4:00 point. The man is a wizard, a true star, and when he’s joined by the legend of sledge, Robert Lowe, metal domination can’t be thwarted, especially given these visceral tonnes, not to mention the psyche-destroying decisions made along the way of this seven-minute opus of optimism crushed."

Andy DiGelsomina comments: 'It is a great honour to have Robert Lowe aboard this doom-encrusted vessel, as I consider him the modern-day Ronnie Dio and one of the elite metal vocalists in the world. The album itself is due to drop by the holidays 2021. Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all of my supporters, whom I consider friends. I dedicate this album to my adored wife and life partner, Cheryl DiGelsomina, without whom none of this would have been inspired. I worship you, my Metal Goddess."

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe n'est peut-être pas totalement mort?
Ils vont donner un concert en mars aux USA, et ils ressortent leur live "Hour of Despair" en version complètement remixée :

Répondre