reformation de Atrophy (thrash US)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

34 ans après le dernier album.
Il ne reste que le chanteur, les autres membres ayant créé leur propre groupe, Scars of Atrophy.

Je ne m'attendais vraiment à rien mais le premier extrait tabasse et fait mouche, même si classique en soi. :thrash:
Quelque part entre Vio-lence, Flotsam et Exodus.
34 years since their latest album Violent By Nature, released in 1990, Tucson, Arizona-based thrash metal titans, Atrophy, return with a brand new album. Asylum will be unleashed on March 15 via Massacre Records, the pre-sale is now available here.

Asylum marks the next evolutionary step for Atrophy. Keeping the speed of Socialized Hate and the grooves of Violent By Nature, this album adds a big dose of heaviness to the mix resulting in a satisfying aural kick in your face. Today, the iconic band has premiered a lyric video for their first single, the album opening track “Punishment For All”, watch the clip below.

"'Punishment For All' was inspired by the attempted insurrection on January 6 (2021) with Covid-19 restrictions still in play. To sit in my living room and watch this unfold was almost too much to bear. Americans were at each other‘s throats, calling people traitors, or trying to undermine democracy and not believing in the results of the election, following the myriad conspiracy theories that were swirling around at the time," frontman Brian Zimmerman comments. "I thought to myself what if they were successful? What are we, as a country divided, going to do then? Take down everything we have built together as a country? What are we putting in place? Are we just going to do whatever the loudest people tell us to do? The whole thing was just absolutely crazy."

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Re: reformation de Atrophy (thrash US)

Message par metalrunner »

J adore le 1er une petite pépite thrash mais oui plutôt un bon morceau
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Cela tabasse sévère. Un retour inespéré même si je trouve évidemment que le son est bien trop moderne pour du Atrophy.
Tous ces vieux groupes sur le retour se dénaturent en enregistrant ainsi et perdent pour moi une bonne part de leur intérêt, à savoir entendre du thrash old school.
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Comme le Morbid Saint au son de batterie atroce ...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un autre titre :

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »