Blue Öyster Cult : album final de leur carrière - Ghost Stories

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur toute dernière sortie studio ne contiendra qu'une seule chanson récente, de 2016 en fait.
Tout le reste sera constitué d'enregistrements inédits laissés de côté ou inachevés (et d'une reprise des MC5), désormais passés au numérique et complétés par des ajouts de tous les membres actuels et même de certains anciens membres du groupe qui ont accepté de participer au projet. Les chansons datent de fin 70's ou début 80's.

Sur le premier extrait on ne dirait pas trop que ça date de 40 ans, c'est assez bluffant en termes de production. La compo est juste correcte, c'est un peu le risque avec cette démarche "fonds de tiroirs", mais c'est pas dégueu non plus. D'après mes recherches la chanson date des sessions de "Revolution By Night". Elle permet en tout cas de se rendre compte à quel point Ghost se sont inspirés de BOC.
After the resounding success of their 50th-anniversary celebration, legendary rockers BLUE ÖYSTER CULT are eagerly gearing up for an exciting new chapter in their storied career with the upcoming release of "Ghost Stories". This highly anticipated album marks a fitting finale to the recording legacy of one of rock's most iconic fixtures from the past 50 years.

In a thrilling partnership with Frontiers Music Srl, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT is set to captivate fans with a collection of reimagined and completed songs that span from 1978-2016. These musical treasures, long considered the "lost gems" by BLUE ÖYSTER CULT enthusiasts, were originally recorded between 1978 and 1983, except for one track from 2016, "If I Fell". Also included is the only known recorded performance of their concert classic "Kick Out The Jams" (MC5 cover). Some of the material is from workshopping albums, some from performance rehearsals, and all were recorded once in the hopes that someday they'd see the light of day.

George Geranios, the band's original audio engineer and an integral part of the band's golden years, produced the tracks along with BÖC and all were originally recorded on reel-to-reel analog tape. He transferred them to digital audio which is when modern AI and magical musical talents meet and the collection of vintage multi-track recordings was de-mixed, re-mixed, and produced by Steve Schenck and Richie Castellano to become "Ghost Stories".

Work in the studio for the album was completed by Richie Castellano along with remaining original members Eric Bloom and Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser, and both Albert Bouchard and Rick Downey appear on drums with additional overdubs recorded by Joe Bouchard. All these original lineup members appearing on "Ghost Stories" create a musical journey that traverses decades and promises easter eggs for days.

To celebrate this exciting announcement, the band shares the single "So Supernatural" along with a new music video that has a super-cool blend of classic rock and modern AI.

As BLUE ÖYSTER CULT embraces its "classic rock" phenomenon status, the anticipation for this album is reaching a crescendo. Fans are eager to experience the culmination of the band's artistic vision and witness the completion of songs that have become part of their folklore. The band will also add some of the songs in their upcoming 2024 shows.

With a legacy spanning over five decades, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT continues to be a formidable force in the classic rock scene. The exciting partnership with Frontiers Music Srl and the visionary leadership of Serafino Perugino add an extra layer of anticipation to the release of "Ghost Stories". As the band bids farewell to their recording career, they do so with a flourish, offering fans a musical odyssey that is sure to leave a lasting imprint on rock history. Truly a remarkable journey.

"Ghost Stories" track listing:

01. Late Night Street Fight
02. Cherry
03. So Supernatural
04. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
05. Soul Jive
06. Gun
07. Shot In The Dark
08. The Only Thing
09. Kick Out The Jams
10. Money Machine
11. Don't Come Running
12. If I Fell
13. Roadhouse Blues (bonus track Japan)

Bandmembers and credits:

Eric Bloom - Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals
Albert Bouchard - Drums, Vocals
Joe Bouchard - Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Vocals
Allen Lanier - Guitar, Keyboards
Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser - Guitar, Vocals
Rick Downey – Drums (on 3 and 11)
Richie Castellano - Additional Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals

"If I Fell" was recorded on April 18, 2016 at Red Studios, Hollywood, CA

Eric Bloom - Vocals
Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser - Guitar, Vocals
Richie Castellano - Guitar, Vocals
Kasim Sulton - Vocals
Jules Radino - Percussion

Original recordings produced by George Geranios and BLUE ÖYSTER CULT except "If I Fell" produced by Steve Schenck and Richie Castellano

De-mixed, remixed and produced by Steve Schenck and Richie Castellano

Engineered by Richie Castellano

"Gun" and "Money Machine" overdubs recorded by Joe Bouchard

Digital transfers by George Geranios

Mastered by Sam Stauff at Mercy College Studio, Dobbs Ferry, NY

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Tailgunner
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Tailgunner »

Premier titre moyen effectivement. J'aurais pensé qu'il était plus ancien, ça me fait un peu penser à la période Spectres.
La bave du crapaud n'empêche pas la caravane de passer :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est une chanson de Joe Bouchard, qui avait également écrit et chanté celle-ci pour le même album :

Tailgunner
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Tailgunner »

Je n'ai aucun souvenirs de ce titre, ça doit au moins faire 10 ans que je n'ai pas écouté l'album. Et en écoutant ce que tu as posté, je viens de me souvenir pourquoi je ne l'écoute jamais : c'est mou et pas très inspiré.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Autre inédit, issu à nouveau des sessions de Revolution By Night. Rien de bien transcendant là encore, mais ça s'écoute quand même.
Le plus intéressant est le choix vocal d'Eric Bloom sur cette chanson qu'il a composée, il ne pourrait jamais chanter comme cela aujourd'hui (et depuis longtemps).

Tailgunner
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Tailgunner »

Je crois que ce sera sans moi, j'ai déjà assez de trucs qui prennent la poussière à la maison :lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le troisième extrait sonne plutôt 60's, écrit et chanté par Buck. C'est le plus dispensable des 3 publiés pour moi, celui-là était vraiment au fond du tiroir.
Je suis quand même curieux de savoir s'il date des débuts du groupe ou de l'époque Mirrors.

Répondre