new voivod??

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

RIP :,(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Trollenberg Terror
Black in Mind
Black in Mind

Message par Trollenberg Terror »

blackwarrior a écrit :purée il devait quand même être sacrement atteint pour partir aussi vite..........ce qui est étrange c'est qu'il ait rien senti venir.......

RIP
le cancer c'est ultra fourbe ... mon père en avait un à la vessie,il n'a jamais eu mal ... il n'a rien vu venir non plus ... :/
sgt_toxic
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par sgt_toxic »

RIP :,( :,( :,(
Nothing evil, nothing sacred - Just a power that's been created
There to take you and possess you - Shout it out with a voice from hell
I am metal and I'll never die - We are metal and we'll never die

Ronnie James Dio
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mille Petrozza de KREATOR rend hommage à Piggy et son influence :
Voivod has always been one of the most important bands in the genre for us, not only because we have become friends since our first tour in 1987, but also on a musical level! Piggy tought me those strange "Voivod chords" back in the day, wich since then apeared in many of our songs ! It´s very hard, to find words when someone like Piggy, who was the friendliest and coolest musician on earth passes away. We will miss you ! R.I.P.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

GLEN And SHAWN DROVER To Dedicate Tonight’s MEGADETH Performance To PIGGY [Hot Flashes - 05.08.27 18:07:34]

MEGADETH/EIDOLON guitarist Glen Drover dropped BW&BK a line with the following statement in the wake of VOIVOD guitarist Piggy’s passing:

“Here we are in Reading, PA doing yet another Gigantour show. My guitar tech Willie Gee came to me about an hour ago to tell me the bad news that Piggy passed away. I grew up listening to the band and I was a big fan of all their albums, and we're very sorry that this has happened. Shawn and I are going to dedicate tonight’s performance to his memory."

RIP

Glen Drover
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hommages aussi de Schmier (DESTRUCTION)...
I feel really sad, empty and distraught about the too early loss of VOIVOD guitar player Denis 'Piggy' D'Amour!

"Another pioneer of metal has left the stage but the legend of Piggy will live forever!

"He was one of the most down-to-earth guys I've ever meet in the music business. He'll stay in my metal heart forever, that's for sure!

"I'm speechless, hard to describe my feelings with some useless words!

"Our very first American show was at the World War III festival in Montreal 1985 together with VOIVOD. I'll never forget those days, we had some great parties together!

"He was one of a kind! A honest personality in a scene where others built their sucess on fake image and scandals!

"R.I.P., Piggy! Brother, initiator, personage — you have set a shining example for many of us!

"Our next shows will be to your dedication, bro, and to the ones of the great VOIVOD!"
et Mikael Åkerfeldt (OPETH) :
"The members of OPETH send their condolences to the family and friends of the recently deceased Denis 'Piggy' D'Amour, guitarist of classic Canadian band VOIVOD. R.I.P!

"As I was getting into real heavy music in the '80s, VOIVOD was one of my absolute favourite bands and their 'Dimension Hatröss' album was essential for the development of OPETH's music!"
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

c'est bizarre, j'ai pas écouté grand chose de ce groupe mais le peu m'a rebuté... cela dit depuis sa mort et après avoir lu ces tonnes d'hommages ça me donne bien envie de m'acheter un disque ou deux pour voir, j'ai l'impression d'avoir raté un truc...

(bon cela dit ça m'avait fait la même chose avec Death et j'ai pas du tout accroché au disque que je me suis acheté :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Tout comme Death, Voivod n'a jamais donné dans l'hyper-accessible.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voivod vont quand même terminer l'album qui était en préparation, en hommage à Piggy :
VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin has told Montreal's La Presse that the group are planning on releasing an album of new material written prior to the passing of VOIVOD guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour. "Denis asked us to utilize the tracks he had recorded [during the pre-production process for the new CD]," Langevin said. "He wanted us to complete the album as a tribute to him."

Only two months ago, D'Amour was in the studio working on VOIVOD's 14th album. More than two dozen tracks are believed to have been demoed for the CD, for which the group recently inked a deal with The End Records. However, the band were forced to put studio work on hold while bassist Jason Newsted (ex-METALLICA) was treated for tendonitis.

In a recent interview with Billboard.com, Newsted spoke about the material slated to appear on the group's next CD. "It's the most complete demos I've ever been involved in," he said. "[VOIVOD singer] Snake has already chosen his effects — exact timing of milliseconds for delay. We've had a long time to develop the demos, so there's about 23 or 25 songs that are absolutely listenable right now."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le communiqué du groupe... :( (par leur batteur Away)
Last week has been very tough on me, as I spent it at the hospital with Denis. We had been musical partners since 1979 in high school, and it will be a hard task for me to cope with his departure.

I would like to thank:

All the Voivodians who sent kind words via email.

Julie (the angel) for taking care of Denis the past few months.

The D'Amour family, for their strength.

Jason and Snake, always the ones to bring a smile to Piggy's face.

Gilles Gravel, Denis' oldest friend, for the constructive thoughts and positive presence in the hospital room.

My friends from Aut'Chose, for respecting my inner suffering at Saturday's show in Quebec City.

The End, for believing in us.

Thanks also to Trish, Annie, James and Yuri for the eternal support.

My apologies to the ones I'm forgetting right now.

Staring at Mars after the show, I couldn't stop thinking that Piggy is now achieving an old dream of ours ; touring the universe!

Adieu Denis mon ami...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hommage de Jeff Waters (ANNIHILATOR) aussi :
"I first met Piggy in a bar, somewhere in Montreal back in 1990. Unfortunately for him (and me), I was probably "on" about 15 beers at that time and was a real jackass with the "rock star" attitude that came along with my drinking days. I don't think I really offended him but basically just acted like a drunken ass. Since then, I have always regretted that meeting and what an idiot I was in front of one of the very few Canadian metal legends. When I heard he was sick last week, I emailed him, knowing nothing about what his condition was and wished him all the best at whatever was ailing him and a speedy recovery. The next day he died. Although my writings are for Piggy, and not I, this can also be used as an example of how you should really take advantage of the time you have right now to make amends or say the little things you really should say to people, because life can end, sooner than you expect. I will always regret not using my chance to talk to him again. My thoughts go out to his loved ones, band and all his fans."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Sympa ce dessin. :)
sgt_toxic
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par sgt_toxic »

Le dessin est magnifique et je crois que ca represente très bien Voivod avec leur univers. :rock:

Ronnie James Dio
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

ah bah mince alors, au moment où je découvre Voivod avec le disque que Gaëtan m'a filé :(
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
sgt_toxic
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par sgt_toxic »

Moi aussi j'ai decouvert voivod super tard et je suis bien degouté de ce qui leur est arrivé car leur univers est bien sympatoche. :,(

Ronnie James Dio
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

sinon pour le scan de l'article qu'a mis Fangface, je voulais pas faire d'humour pourri mais bon.....

ils l'ont fait exprès de mettre un encart sur la porcherie de saint honoré au dessus de "salut piggy!" ? :lol: enfin :,(
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Trouvé sur le site d'Holy Moses :
Piggy - Rest In Peace

We got the sad message that Piggy of VOIVOD died. You maybe know, that Sabina was a huge fan of VOIVOD and painted the VOIVOD Logo as a huge patch on her jacket! We will dedicate our next show in Holland, coming saturday to Piggy. See ya Brother!!! One day we will all meet upthere.
R.I.P.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un hommage (en français) par Away et Snake : http://www.voivodfan.com/babu/voivod_babu.wmv
senez62
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par senez62 »

merci pour ce lien un hommage sympa à piggy ; c'est toujours dur à accepter :

voici le lien : le précédent me paraît ne pas fonctionner

http://www.voivodfan.com/cgi-bin/ultima ... 1&t=003346
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

En rangeant mes vieilles cassettes, je me suis retrouvé "The outer limits" :up:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

La reprise de Pink Floyd est magnifique sur The Outer Limits. :) :rock:
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Sgt_toxic a écrit :Le dessin est magnifique et je crois que ca represente très bien Voivod avec leur univers. :rock:
Avec la guitare extra-terrestre. :)

http://www.jaxxroxx.com/images/In%20Mem ... t%2003.jpg
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Comment fait-on pour accorder une guitare comme ça?
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Faut demander à un ingénieur de la NASA.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils prévoient de sortir 4 (!) disques avec des compos de Piggy :
According to MTV.com, VOIVOD — whose guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour died in August from complications of advanced colon cancer — will release four new albums that feature Piggy, confirms the band's label, The End Records. The first disc will feature the songs VOIVOD were working on at the time of Piggy's death and will be finished in December with producer Glen Robinson (ANNIHILATOR, NASHVILLE PUSSY), mixed in January and released next year. Piggy recorded all of his parts for the record on his laptop with ProTools. While working with that material, drummer Michel "Away" Langevin discovered another three albums' worth of finished songs that the surviving bandmembers will work with over the coming years.
Répondre