Stet Howland quitte WASP

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Blackie va devoir chercher un batteur...
Drummer Stet Howland has announced his departure from W.A.S.P.. I na posting on the band's official web site, Howland wrote, "I appreciate the kind words and I am sorry if some of you are sad about my departure. Out of respect to the band and the upcoming tour, I didn't send out a press release about this, as I didn't want to cause possible worry to you good people.
I just got in from a long weekend and my ass is kicked, so I'll keep this short and to the point.

"Without going into detail that would most likely get turned into something negative, let me give a Reader's Digest version of what's up.

"In mid-January, Blackie [Lawless, W.A.S.P. mainman] and I had a phone conversation that resulted in our parting. It wasn't shitty, ugly, or disrespectful in any way. It was two old and dear friends being honest with each other. After 16 years as friends and bandmates, one thing you learn is how to be honest with each other.

"So the bottom line is, I will not be part of the upcoming tour, and I'm not sure who the drummer will be as its really none of my business. If it's the guy that they were going to use before I came back, he is excellent. I don't know him but I have heard his work on Darrell's [Roberts, W.A.S.P. guitarist] solo stuff and I think he's great. Keep in mind Im just guessing from the other side of the country. [Laughs]

"I will be posting more details about this and my upcoming plans on my site http://www.stethowland.com this week.

"I really feel like I owe you all a big thank you! Special thanks for Doc for being honorable (he can explain if he wants). Thanks to the children of lawless for this awesome site, and thanks to Blackie, Mike, and Darrell for the good times we shared.

"I will be out doing shows with my band TEMPLE OF BRUTALITY, if you have the chance come out and say hello.

"You people are the most kick-ass fans in the world. I wish you all the very best."

Howland rejoined W.A.S.P. in April 2004 after spending a couple of years at home in Ft. Myers Beach, Florida constructing the Bad Dogs recording studios and assembling a band called THE HOWLIN' DOGS, which recently played a couple of reunion shows in the Southwest Florida area. He was also a member of the modern metal rock band CARNIVAL OF SOULS before exiting the group in February 2005. More recently, Howland has been recording and performing with TEMPLE OF BRUTALITY, the new band also featuring former MEGADETH/current F5 bassist David Ellefson, guitarist Peter Scheithauer (BELLADONNA, KILLING MACHINE) and vocalist Todd Barnes (13-A). TEMPLE OF BRUTALITY's debut album, "Lethal Agenda", will be issued on March 17. A video for the album's title cut can be viewed at this location. The clip, shot by acclaimed director Fabio Jafet, was filmed in Southwest Florida and will be featured on MTV's "Headbanger's Ball" this spring.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

bien dommage ! très bon batteur howland, ce sera dur de trouver un "remplaçant" à la hauteur.
MetalAngel
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par MetalAngel »

:o :,(
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

A mon avis, le remplacant ne pourra pas être Frankie Banali (qui est aussi un super batteur) parce qu'il n'etait plus en tres bon termes avec Blackie !! Je crois qu'ils ne l'avait pas fait figurer sur les credits d'un album, un truc comme ça... Mais c'est pas la premiere fois que Stet quitte WASP. La, c'est vraiment definitif. :,(
:riff:
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

De toute façon Banali je crois qu'il ne voulais plus faire de tournée... c quand même lui qui est crédité sur "the neons god", mais quand Lawless a vu qu'il voulait pas jouer live, il a appellé Howland qui est également crédité sur l'album il me semble non ? il a mis son nom parcequ'il savait qu'il fera la tournée avec lui peut être... En tout cas il faut qu'il se bouge Blackie pour trouver un batteur à la hauteur, il a plusieurs engagement dans des festivals Européens en printemps/été prochain...
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Blackie a trouvé un batteur ! Patrik Johansson (Y malmsteen) dépannera le groupe pendant la tournée Nord américaine de W.A.S.P. en février/mars. Après bah à voir si il sera toujours là pour les festivals européens !
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Oui, j'ai lu ca aussi sur un site de WASP.
Par contre, il est vachement jeune comme batteur !!!!!!!! (28 ou 29 ans) Maintenant que Stet est parti, Blackie se retrouve avec des gamins. ça va plus s'appeler WASP, mais LA NURSERIE !!! :lol: :lol:

Stet avait dit qu'il avait tellement ete touche par les messages de soutien qu'il a vu sur differents forums, qu'il en a chiale !! ça fait chaud au coeur, non ?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bon ben maintenant comme on disait dans un autre topic c'est Larry Howe de Vicious Rumors qui le remplace :
VICIOUS RUMORS drummer Larry Howe has joined W.A.S.P. as the replacement for Stet Howland. "[Larry] auditioned a few weeks ago and Blackie [Lawless, W.A.S.P. mainman] called him back and told him he had the gig," VICIOUS RUMORS bassist Dave Starr said. "He flies to Los Angeles this weekend to start work with the band for the new tour dates that start soon.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

En vérité je vous le dis : tant que ce n'est pas Blackie qui quitte WASP... :lol:
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

bobmaurane a écrit :En vérité je vous le dis : tant que ce n'est pas Blackie qui quitte WASP... :lol:
ah ! ah ! bien dis !!!
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

C'est au tour du gratteux de quitter le navire!!!!

"W.A.S.P.'s management has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that guitarist Darrell Roberts has left the band. Roberts, who joined W.A.S.P. in 2001 before the "Unholy Terror" American tour to replace Chris Holmes, is in the process of putting together a four-piece group that he will be fronting. "I am looking for a drummer and second guitarist (that can sing)!" Darrell wrote in an April 19, 2006 posting at his MySpace.com page. "I want to work with people that live in the Los Angeles area or are open to the idea of relocating here. I am only interested in musicians that wanna do this for the love of music and to help me build this thing into the monster that I know it can be! So if you, or someone you know thinks they got the goods let me know [as soon as possible]!!! All you dreamers that are looking for immediate pay or a 'signed' situation, please look elsewhere and good luck."

For more information, click here.

Despite a recent announcement by VICIOUS RUMORS bassist Dave Starr that VR drummer Larry Howe has been recruited by W.A.S.P. to play on their upcoming U.S. tour, W.A.S.P.'s manager Daniel Stanton of Coallier Entertainment has told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that Howe has **NOT** yet been officially confirmed as the band's new drummer. According to Stanton, W.A.S.P. will announce the new members by week's end.
"
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

oh la la ! c quoi ce bronx !! plus de gratteux, pas encore de batteur, blackie doit se faire des cheveux blancs !!! pour le gratteux c'est pas compliqué, il a qu'a rappellé C Holmes !!!
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Un Xième retour de Holmes, ça n'est pas pour me déplaire :D
Dans le show-bizzzzzzz, "everything is possible" :lol:
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

dave a écrit :oh la la ! c quoi ce bronx !! plus de gratteux, pas encore de batteur, blackie doit se faire des cheveux blancs !!! pour le gratteux c'est pas compliqué, il a qu'a rappellé C Holmes !!!

Bah il en avait une grosse meche de cheveux blancs dans les 80's!!!!
Alors si ca pouvait l'aider à nous repondre un "Last Command" ou un "Headless Children", j'achète!!!!!

C Holmes.....hum....je veux bien!!!!
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Ils ont des concerts jusqu'à la fin du mois de juin, donc ils vont garder Roberts pour les faire. J'ai rien trouvé annonçant officiellement qu'il quitte le groupe. Mieux vaut être prudent.

Mais si c'est vrai ....
Oui !! Qu'ils reprennent Chris Holmes, ça serait bien et Blackie serait content !
Moi, j'espère juste qu'ils vont pas reprendre Doug, il fait du très bon boulot tout seul !!
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Mark Zavon, nouveau guitariste de WASP

C'est le guitariste du groupe 40 Cycle Hum, de Los Angeles. On m'a dit que c'est un ami de Mike Duda.

... et le nouveau batteur Mike Dupke !!!

Il faisait partie du groupe Respect Perfection avec Eric Sardinas...et aussi d'un groupe appelé Hair of the Dog.
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

c'est quoi ces gus-gus ? et le batteur c'est plus celui de V Rumors alors ? pfff... ça part en vrille cette histoire...
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Ben finalement, je sais pas qui va jouer à partir du 19 mai !!!
Peut-être Howe ou peut-être lui, mais logiquement, ça devrait être lui...
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

Less than a week after announcing the addition of guitarist Mark Zavon (STEPHEN PEARCY, 40 CYCLE HUM) to the group's ranks following the departure of Darrell Roberts, W.A.S.P. appears to have had a change of heart and have welcomed back axeman Doug Blair.

Born February 11, 1963 as Douglas Blair Lucek, Doug Blair was a member of W.A.S.P. for a short time in 1992, according to Wikipedia. He was also a quick replacement on W.A.S.P.'s Unholy Terror Tour in 2001 on two festival gigs when Chris Holmes left the band.

His current band is SIGNAL2NOISE with percussionist/vocalist John Anthony. They have been working on their seven-song debut "Fighting Mental Illness". You can learn more about SIGNAL2NOISE at http://www.s2nusa.com or http://www.myspace.com/s2nusa.

Blair is known for inventing the innovative instrument the "GuitarCross" which blend five guitar strings with three bass strings (guitar strings sent to one amplifier, bass strings to another) to make a very unique sound. He uses this invention in S2N and also uses a unique 12-string acoustic named "Asia."

Blair is not the only new addition to W.A.S.P. The band also recently acquired drummer Mike Dupke (HAIR OF THE DOG, ERIC SARDINAS) as the replacement for Stet Howland. The group's U.S. tour is scheduled to kick off May 19 in Sacramento, California.

W.A.S.P. had utilized the services of YNGWIE MALMSTEEN drummer Patrick Johansson for the U.S. dates they played in February/March.
Cillian---> :wank:
du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Doug !!!? Il revient ???? Pas possible !!!

J'arrive pas à le croire !!!!

:,( :,( :,(
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

NOUVEAU GUITARISTE DE WASP (Pour les tournées)

Allez, vas-y Doudoug, montre leur ce que tu sais faire !!!
Que la force soit avec toi !
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

heu c'est pas un bassiste la?
Un bassiste c'est un guitariste à 4 cordes qui sert à rien.
Certains rajoutent des cordes à leur manche pour faire croire qu'ils sont utile et important au groupe mais c'est pas vrai.
On leur dira pas pour pas gacher leur rêve.
OMNIO a écrit :
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Relis ce que tu as posté avant et tu comprendras, Bebert !! :)
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

Ah ok, il a le cul entre deux chaises.
OMNIO a écrit :
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

C'est une façon de voir les choses !! :D

En tout cas, il va devoir laisser tomber la GuitarCross et se remettre à la 6 cordes. Je sais pas s'il va emporter sa guitare à 2 manches la Mutant Twin !!
Quand à l'autre gratteux, je sais pas ce qui s'est passé.
A mon avis, Doug à dû apprendre que très récemment qu'il faisait les tournées.... J'espère qu'il sera prêt pour demain.
Répondre