new voivod??

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Madnad
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Madnad »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

non, de standards de metal! AcDc, Motorhead, Maiden, Deep Purple...

ce mec a un caméléon dans la gorge, il prend la voix de tous les chanteurs dont il reprend un morceau!

Son groupe: Rock'n'roll Rebels
Everflow a écrit :Sinon on peut faire un forum "les anecdotes de Madnad des 80's" je crois :D
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Le nouvel album s'appellera Katorz, parce que c'est le quatorzième... mouais... :D

Une interview de Away, du mois dernier :
Back in August, just days before Denis "Piggy" D'Amour succumbed to advanced colon cancer, Voivod drummer Michael "Away" Langevin said he awoke one morning to a ringing phone. It was D'Amour, and he wanted Langevin to stop into the Montreal hospital

Photos, audio and video from this story

Voivod
"We Carry On"
Voivod
(Chophouse/Surfdog Records)
Refuse/Resist (Live)

Sepultura
"Refuse/Resist (Live)"
Live in São Paulo
(SPV America)
where he was being treated. D'Amour said he wanted the drummer to come as soon as he possibly could.

"He told me, 'You have to come [to the hospital] right now. I have something to tell you,' " Away recalled. "I went, and he told me that the doctor informed him he had days to live. He said he really wanted to fulfill his contract with the End Records," Voivod's label home, "and then he instructed me to grab his laptop and started telling me where to find these files."

The files contained what Away described as "four albums' worth" of lead, rhythm and solo guitar tracks D'Amour had recorded prior to checking himself into the hospital the previous spring. While Voivod — rounded out by former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted and singer Denis "Snake" Belanger — had spent more than two years working on fresh material together, none of it was recorded with state-of-the-art equipment in a professional studio. The music on D'Amour's laptop was.

A couple of hours after Away's bedside visit to D'Amour, "Piggy's mind started to wander, and I was asking him questions about the [computer files] and he had no idea what I was talking about. It's almost like he woke up and felt his brain was going and realized he needed to tell me [about the tracks] as soon as possible. He slipped into a coma a day or two later, so this album came very close to not existing."

"Close" is an understatement. But the good news is the album — which the band worked on with producer Glen Robinson (Gwar, Annihilator) by writing and recording around Piggy's guitar parts — is done. Away says he feels the yet-untitled effort's a fitting homage to his fallen bandmate. "It's quite a miracle that this music will live on," he said.

The disc, to be released this spring, will feature 10 tracks, with working titles like "Red My Mind," "The Getaway," "Polaroids," "After All" and "No Angel." Voivod plan to return to the studio in the fall to record another 13 tracks for an album Away said will surface in 2007.

"I'm proud of this album in the sense that it would have been a disaster that Piggy's music would go unheard," the drummer said. "Now it will be released, which is a miracle. I am proud that we were able to gather our spirits enough to actually finish off his work."

Voivod have no immediate touring plans, Away said. That's because it's been too hard for the band to discuss the topic. "We decided to concentrate on finishing this album and think about the live aspect of it later," he said. "Right now it's difficult for us to think about touring without Piggy being onstage with us. I think we'll have to eventually sit down and really discuss it, but it was hard enough to go into the studio and finish the album without him.

"Piggy was a founding member and has been there with us all the way through. I have been jamming with him since '79, so it's really hard to picture a tour without him. ... We'd have to find a replacement that Piggy would be proud of."
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un nouveau titre à écouter en streaming :

:pointer: http://www.mp3.com/media_player/504/5/v ... group=8163
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Yeah!!! :bang:
Il est super ce morceau!! :up:
Y a pas à chier, c'est voïvodien! :D
Je pense que cet album va être terrible!! :rock:
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

peux po l'écouter !!
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Noxos
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Noxos »

Ou tu peux faire dans ton lecteur Fichier > Ouvrir Url - en copiant le lien ci joint !

http://www.mp3.com/stream_asx.html?path ... 636154d667
Blasphy de Blasphèmar
Black Stone Wielder
Black Stone Wielder

Message par Blasphy de Blasphèmar »

A tout les fans de voivod, si vous pouvez aider ;)
http://defender.metal-live.com/viewtopi ... 037#251037

:help:
Blasphy de Blasphèmar
Black Stone Wielder
Black Stone Wielder

Message par Blasphy de Blasphèmar »

Ferros
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Ferros »

Juste pour savoir, Katorz est-il dans le même style que l'album Voivod ?

J'ai pas trop aimé "Voivod" alors avant d'acheter "Katorz", j'aimerais savoir :)
blackoum
Bloody Vivaldi
Bloody Vivaldi

Message par blackoum »

voilà un lien intéressant. c'est une émission de hard "bande à part" spéciale voivod, où plusieurs célébrités interviennent pour poser des questions et vers la fin de l'émission on a le droit à des reprises du groupes par un quatuor au violon.

http://www.bandeapart.fm/artistes_enrichies.asp?id=650
Fully
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Fully »

une news d'Eric Forrest sur le dernier Voivod en hommage à Piggy...
Oui, Cest OFFICAL!! re:VOIVOD s prochain/final record!

oui, cest vrai.....
Away contacted moi rècemment et passe moi invitation,à enregistre bass tracks pour la
prochaine/final VOIVOD RECORD, avec BLACKY/JASONIC/AWAY/SNAKE
et bien sur PIGGYs spirit......Pour un ultimate trib. à PIGGY +la final VOIVOD chapitre...............
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

"Des news de VOIVOD: le groupe met les touches finales de son nouvel album encore sans titre, avec Jason Newsted [ex-METALLICA, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM] à la basse avec les dernières composition de Piggy pour VOIVOD, tristement décédé d'un cancer du colon en août 2005. D'autres chansons de Piggy devraient voir le jour qu'il avait écrites pour d'autres projets. De plus un DVD live réalisé au Japon avec du vieux matériel de VOIVOD avec Blacky à la basse et Dan Mongrain [MARTYR] à la guitare devrait voir le jour prochainement".

source: VS
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Répondre