Virgin Steele - Visions of Eden

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

je la trouve très classe cette pochette typique du vieux virgin steele avec Defeis qui a des épées plus grande que lui, bon je porterais pas le T-Shirt non plus :lol:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore une petite interview de DeFeis :

http://www.metalasylum.net/interviews/int0621.html
Metal Asylum: Tell us about the forthcoming album "Visions of Eden". Why that title?

David: "The work is based on the destruction of paganism, and gnosticism and the desecration and eradication of the goddess principle that once dwelled so freely within divinity. A massive blow was struck against these early beliefs, by first, the rise of the 'father-god' principle, and second by the development of the 'organized' religions. The album concerns Lilith, first wife of Adam (he of biblical fame, as in Adam and Eve and the apple, the snake and all that fig leaf and rib propaganda), plus ancient sumerian myths concerning Lilith's relationship with Adam, Eve and God. However, that being said, in actuality, it is really about today…modern times and how we might have arrived here at this very strange place we are now in…The title and the cover reflect the idea of...where are those visions of Eden??? When will we have them? It is a longing for the divine and the eternal in beauty, grace, nobility, etc."

Metal Asylum: What have you done musically with this album that you maybe had not achieved in the past?

David: "It is perhaps even darker than the darkest VIRGIN STEELE moments. It is more nocturnal, autumnal, celestial, vampiric, paganistic, lunar, underground, and, in general, more extreme. The brutality is, if possible, even more brutal (especially mentally speaking), and the tender moments are incredibly melancholy, tortured, forlorn and torn. It is a music full of eternal longing, suffering and regret. Long smoldering passions, lust and despair ignite, consume and die... In the end... a type of hope arises. Not always the 'all conquering triumph ideology,' but a sense of merging with the perennial consciousness of the universe, where one day.... a rebirth of sorts might follow... a beauty born of grief. I am using more piano or acoustic guitar combined with very deeply tuned heavy guitars. Vocally it is very, very melodic, and I can be tender, aggressive, and bluesy. At times the vocal style is like the bluesy singing on the 'Life Among The Ruins' album, only the music and melodies here are very, very different. 'Visions of Eden' is very atmospheric. There are big epic anthemic pieces, with always sing-able and memorable 'hooks,' but there is also a dark, brooding, moody, impressionistic, quality that manifests itself throughout. There is over-the-top orchestration yet simplicity. Nothing is done for the sake of overindulgence, or complexity for complexity's sake. Everything is in proportion, balance and effective for the feelings/sentiments in question. It is a new development, I think. A further progression of my compositional style. These works are epic, bombastic and totally full-on metal, sort of like Conan the Barbarian meets Wagner in a dark, black cave! Perhaps it sounds like...cold moonlight on a haunted cathedral. It screams out like a frightening apparition, a banshee, or it moans tragically like the wailing of the wind through accursed ruins... Images of stark bare trees, clutching at a dark, pregnant, grey/black cloud covered sky while fog stalks the streets are conjured. Several tracks contain a very eerie, haunting quality that would be very much at home in a horror movie such as 'The Omen', 'The Ninth Gate' or 'The Exorcist'! All are extremely heavy, moody and melodic. It is music to accompany either the ending of the world, the birthing of a new world, or both!!!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

ça fait très Final Fantasy comme pochette :D
ImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On peut écouter 2 nouveaux titres via ces liens :

Immortal I Stand (The Birth of Adam) : http://www.streamingkit.de/player/sanct ... stand1.asx
The Hidden God : http://www.streamingkit.de/player/sanct ... engod1.asx

Je ne sais pas trop quoi en penser pour l'instant, comme annoncé c'est plus orchestral et sombre qu'avant, riche et intéressant (mais moins rentre-dedans visiblement)... ce qui me gêne c'est que ça pue aussi la batterie électronique...
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

j'ai aussi un avis un peu mitigé sur ce que j'ai entendu, c'est surtout aux niveaux des riffs que je me plaindrais, le Pursino il a plus son touché mélodique d'il y a 10 ans, c'est un peu trop carré je trouve, mais bon j'ai pas vraiment écouté attentivement, Virgin Steele ça s'écoute en entier
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Miki
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Miki »

J'ai jamais accroché à ce groupe. Faudrait p'têtre que je m'y remette ! :D
Miki

Metal playmobil
Watchman
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Message par Watchman »

Les albums de virgin steele, ça se pré-écoute pas, ça s'achète les yeux fermés. :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La pochette en grand, parce qu'elle le vaut bien :D :D

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4655/voecoverfx5.jpg
Modifié en dernier par Everflow le 05 sept. 2006, 23:02, modifié 1 fois.
hevydevy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par hevydevy »

Le cheval est très joli mais bon... j'ai vu mieux comme pochette.
Big Henry
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Big Henry »

Vivement le T-Shirt :D
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

:lol: :lol:
Faudra oser le porter en effet ! :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

Vivement le contenu à vrai dire :rock: :rock:
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Watchman a écrit :Les albums de virgin steele, ça se pré-écoute pas, ça s'achète les yeux fermés. :rock:
Entierement d'accord ! :bang:
Euh, sauf qu'il est apparemment tout d ememe tres calme...
Souflette
Warrior of the Holy Pipeau
Warrior of the Holy Pipeau

Message par Souflette »

Hellion a écrit : Euh, sauf qu'il est apparemment tout d ememe tres calme...
Meuh non, la track 6 c'est même une reprise de Slayer :D
If you’re not into pipeau, you are not my friend
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur batteur assure qu'il joue sur l'album, ce n'est pas de la batterie électronique, mais il joue sur un kit "digital". Soit. N'empêche que le son de la batterie a l'air bien mécanique sur les extraits... :/
Apparemment ils ont choisi d'enregistrer comme ça notamment pour des questions de coût, c'est ce qu'il explique dans cette interview : :pointer: http://208.203.139.97/Int16.asp#david

Il fait quand même l'apologie des batteurs "à l'ancienne", et casse ceux qui ont besoin des triggers pour assurer :
"I wish to clear up any confusion about the drumming on 'Visions of Eden'. First of all, that is me playing on every song. There was no programmed drum parts used whatsoever!!

"I am very happy with my performance on 'Visions..'. However, the drum sound is a different matter. This was the first time we used a digital drum kit and I'm not entirely satisfied with the outcome. Unfortunately, they sound so perfect that people are accusing me of not actually playing the parts. Some people think Dave programmed the drums on a computer. That is very distressful to me. I worked hard to get my endurance and speed up to the task of recording those parts. I can hear my own style of attack on the drums and, my particular way of phrasing things but at the same time I understand what some fans are saying. There is a machine-like quality to due to the use of a digital drum kit instead of a real wooden one. I can't wait to satisfy the doubters when in concert I'll be ripping up those songs out on a real wooden drum kit.

"I've always prided myself on being an old-school player who doesn't rely on computer, triggers, samples, etc. to make my drumming exciting. 'Visions…' was a break from that thinking. Recording digitally is cheaper and a quicker process. Sorry to disappoint, but money was an issue, plus you can't be afraid to try new things. The problem is that triggers and digital technology enhance things so much that no one knows who is a good player and who is not anymore. With digital drums, plenty of hack drummers who have no style or technique sound monstrous in the studio. It's really the producer and not the drummer you are listening too. It makes me sick when I see some of these guys in concert and if it wasn't for all the triggers on their kit, they would sound like wimps. To my surprise, the fans don't seem to know the difference. I don't want to name names, but you'd be surprised how many guys are out there who are considered great drummers but are nothing without the digital technology. As a matter of fact I went to see a prominent speed metal band in Germany one night on an off day and when I got to the venue, the show was cancelled. I went backstage and found out that the drummer's computer crashed and that he couldn't play his parts without its aid. Meanwhile on their record the guy sounds like the second coming of Dave Lombardo. I looked at his bass drum pedals, which were rigged to barely move to impact the drumhead. What a fake! And to think, there are drummers all over the metal scene (especially in death metal) just as pathetic as this guy whom the fans think are monster players.

"For me, digital technology just gets in the way of my expression, and takes away from my power and finesse. I'd rather have a real organic sound even if it isn't 'perfect.' I hope I never get lumped into the category with all the hack drummers I've alluded too. It will really break my heart after all the work I've done to develop myself as an artist. I still say that John Bonham had the greatest drum sound in rock history. Jimmy Page used just two microphones to capture that man's brilliance and turn the world on its head. It's no wonder that producers today are beginning to go back in time to rip off all the drum sounds from the past, before there was any of this digital nonsense and things were real.

"I'm sorry to those of you who are disappointed with the sound of the drums on the new CD. However, before you doubt that I'm actually playing those parts, come out and see us on tour. When I get done ripping your heads off with my usual sound and attack, all you doubters will be silenced."
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

plus que 3 dodo et il sera mien :lol: (enfin j'espère)
Big Henry
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Big Henry »

Ouaip, enfin ce qui est sûr c'est qu'après à peine une seule écoute, la batterie a vraiment un son de merde.
Après que ce soit lui qui joue réellement ou une BAR, j'en ai un peu rien à faire, au final ça sonne super mal et d'une manière générale la production manque cruellement de souffle, de pêche. C'est vraiment un truc que je ne comprendrais jamais avec ce groupe.
Je me permettrais une opinion sur le fond une fois que je l'aurais mieux écouté mais bon c'est chiant quand même :(
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

ben je l'ai enfin ce fameux disque, bon ben niveau batterie ça va je m'attendais à pire, la prod est bien je trouve, enfin elle va parfaitement au style Virgin Steele.... bon pour les compos on elle même va falloir du temps pour me faire une idée, je trouve que l'album démarre fort avec 2, 3 titres très accrocheurs et bien heavy, mais ensuite y a des titres vraiment atmosphériques qui m'endorme en plus ils sont longs... faudra vraimetn que je l'écoute et que je le juge sur la durée, pas évident pour moi les albums de 74 minutes :)
sgt_toxic
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par sgt_toxic »

Je l'ai écouté en libre écoute et il est excellent puis les morceaux sont bien longs par contre le prix m'a stoppé tout de suite. Ca reste quand même un de mes futurs achats si je le trouve moins cher.
Nothing evil, nothing sacred - Just a power that's been created
There to take you and possess you - Shout it out with a voice from hell
I am metal and I'll never die - We are metal and we'll never die

Ronnie James Dio
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Sgt_toxic a écrit :Je l'ai écouté en libre écoute et il est excellent puis les morceaux sont bien longs par contre le prix m'a stoppé tout de suite. Ca reste quand même un de mes futurs achats si je le trouve moins cher.
pareil ! ou dès que j'aurais un peu plus de sous ;)
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je trouve cet album chiant à mourir. Ca ne décole jamais, les passages épiques tombent à plat, il y a trop de longueur, et la production est catastrophique avec des guitares sous-mixées et une batterie en carton pâte :( Je ne suis pas fan ultime de Virgin Steele, mais j'aime bien et j'attendais pas mal de bonnes choses cet album... bah je n'arrive pas à tenir 74 minutes sans m'endormir ou sans zapper :(
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

faudrait que je le ré-écoute et en entier ce coup alors avant de foncer tête baissé..... oh et puis il y a le dernier Krokus, motorhead et blind guardian à prendre d'abord de tout de façon..
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Ben moi je suis fan et je dois reconnaître que je suis un peu décus aussi...
Tres tres "mou". Ca reste tres bien evidemment, mais le son gache un peu le plaisir... C'est tres etonnant ce son ! la voix et le clavier tellement en avant !!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je viens de tomber sur une chronique pas mal (en anglais) :

http://www.revelationz.net/index.asp?ID=1956

Et DeFeis a composé l'album en intégralité cette fois...
Fatima
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fatima »

C'est marrant mais moi je le trouve très plaisant et pas chiant du tout. Je dois dire que j'étais même agréablement surprise. Je ne voulais pas d'un House bis qui m'avait profondément gonflé.
Je trouve que cet album s'inscrit dans la lignée d'Invictus.
:)
Quelqu'un d'égoïste c'est quelqu'un qui pense pas à moi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview de DeFeis qui parle du nouvel album mais aussi des nombreux morceaux qui lui reste en stock, et de leurs sorties live/dvd à venir :

:pointer: http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showintervie ... 16&lang=en
Répondre