Les 40 ans de carrière de Ian Gillan

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour fête ça il y aura un CD/DVD documentaire, avec tout un tas d'invités, et le cd contiendra une version de "Smoke on the Water" chantée par... Pavarotti :)

D'autres invités de marque :
According to Zaman.com, renowned opera tenor Luciano Pavarotti will contribute a vocal track for the new arrangement of DEEP PURPLE's "Smoke on the Water".

The 69-year-old Italian tenor will sing rock for the sake of his friendship with DEEP PURPLE member, Ian Gillan.

The legendary tenor will record his tracks in Italy and then send them to the studio in the U.S. for mixing. The song is expected to appear on Gillan's upcoming CD documenting and celebrating his 40 years in the rock world.

After the basic tracks for the upcoming CD have been recorded in Buffalo, a list of cameo performers will dub their contributions onto the record from various points across the globe — Pavarotti in Italy, BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and former PURPLE organist Jon Lord in England, Uli Jon Roth in Germany, and a veritable dream team of musicians still pending confirmation. Concurrently, a documentary is in production for English network television, and it will eventually see release on DVD.
Modifié en dernier par Everflow le 10 mars 2006, 00:15, modifié 1 fois.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quelques uns des titres qui figureront sur ce CD anniversaire de Gillan :

"Hang Me Out To Dry", "Sugar Plum", "Day Late And A Dollar Short", "Unchain Your Brain", "Speed King", "Bluesy Blue Sea", "Trashed", "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight", "Can I Get A Witness", "Men Of War", "Loving On Borrowed Time", "When A Blind Man Cries", "Smoke On The Water", "No Laughing In Heaven", "Demon's Eye" and "No Worries" (new song).

Invités : Joe Satriani, Don Airey, Ian Paice, Mickey Lee Soule, Roger Glover, Jeff Healey, Janick Gers, Jon Lord, Steve Morris and Dean Howard...
ZiGGy
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par ZiGGy »

Fangface a écrit :"Can I Get A Witness"
:cheers: :bang:
J'adore cette chanson, et je verrais bien big Ian se mettre au boogie-blues avec l'âge. Ca le ferait ! :)
:bouffon: Et c'est ainsi qu'Allah est grand. :bouffon:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est sûr que ça le fatiguerait moins que de se farcir "Highway Star" ou "Speed King" tous les soirs.

Sinon, toujours pas mal d'invités annoncés sur ce disque anniversaire, dont Uli Jon roth maintenant.
Legendary guitarist Uli Jon Roth (ex-SCORPIONS) will be featured as a guest performer on DEEP PURPLE frontman Ian Gillan's upcoming album "Gillan's Inn". The album celebrates Ian's 40 years in the world of rock, and Ian invited a dazzling number of friends and fellow musicians to contribute performances. These include, among others, all the current members of DEEP PURPLE, as well as Ronnie James Dio, Jon Lord, Joe Satriani, Tony Iommi, Dean Howard, Jeff Healey and Michael Lee Jackson. It has been rumoured that Luciano Pavarotti might also be part of the equation.
ZiGGy
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par ZiGGy »

Fangface a écrit :C'est sûr que ça le fatiguerait moins que de se farcir "Highway Star" ou "Speed King" tous les soirs.
Je ne sais plus quand, j'ai lu une interview où il disait qu'il préfererait se mettre au blues qu'arréter les concerts... le problème étant qu'on ne sait jamais si il est serieux. :hum:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour le cd 40ème anniversaire de Gillan, "Trashed" de Black Sabbath a été réenregistrée, avec Tony Iommi accompagné de la section rythmique de Deep Purple!
BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi recently took time out of his schedule to record the guitar parts for a remake of "Trashed" from BLACK SABBATH's "Born Again" album, which featured Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE) on vocals. The new version of the track will be included on Gillan's upcoming album "Gillan's Inn" — a celebration of Ian's 40th year on the road featuring remakes of tracks spanning Ian's entire career. This particular remake is said to be "heavier than the original," and also features fellow DEEP PURPLE members Ian Paice (drums) and Roger Glover (bass). Commented Gillan's manager: "It's a very cool pairing of musicians, bringing the rhythm section of PURPLE with Tony."
ZiGGy
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par ZiGGy »

Et Ian Gillan a une vieille rover boueuse.
ZiGGy
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par ZiGGy »

Voila une interview sympa de Ian Gillan, je vous donne le résumé de Blabbermouth. Avec Iommi, Uli Roth et Smoke on the Water inside.

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,3629 ... contenttop

Rockdetector.com: Ex-SCORPIONS man Uli Jon Roth, a genius on the guitar but not one to usually step outside of his own bubble [makes an appearance on the album]. How did you come to work with Uli?

Ian Gillan: "That one was just down to good timing actually. Uli came down to see us playing in Plymouth and, as often happens, musicians say to each other, 'If ever you need me…' Most times these conversations don't go anywhere beyond the pleasantry, but this time I could fire straight back and say, 'Actually, Uli…' So, Uli gave me two marvelous solos for the record. Wait until you hear them, they are just wonderful."

Rockdetector.com: I was going to ask you if you considered any of the DEEP PURPLE catalogue too sacrosanct but that question became redundant as soon as I saw "Smoke on the Water", "Speed King" and "Demon's Eye" listed.

Ian Gillan: "Well, 'Smoke on the Water' is a big, big part of my history and a big part of why I'm here and able to do what I do. I couldn't really ignore that, but at the same time, you have to recognize that a lot of those songs, [like] 'Smoke…', 'Child In Time', 'Highway Star', etc. are snapshots in time and cannot be improved. They are what they are. It would be foolish to try and recapture that magic, because you can't. So, what I did with 'Smoke on the Water' was to treat it respectfully, it's a fairly regular version, but use it as a showcase for some of the guitarists to work with. On there you have Jeff Healey, Steve Morse, Joe Satriani… The talent there is incredible."

Rockdetector.com: Now, with BLACK SABBATH's "Trashed" I sense your wicked sense of humor coming out. I remember distinctly the 1983 "Born Again" version of BLACK SABBATH, which you fronted, quickly being branded "Black Purple" by a scathing media. Now, two decades later you’re having the last laugh by truly creating "Black Purple" with yourself, Tony Iommi, Roger Glover and Ian Paice.

Ian Gillan: "How could I resist? Look, I love that record and have nothing but great, great memories of my time with BLACK SABBATH. Tony was really busy but got his solos to me at the last minute as he promised and they are just fantastic. I think BLACK SABBATH fans will be over the moon when they hear what he's done. As for Roger and Ian, well, they just sound great on this song so it really did become 'Black Purple'. Personally, I love the irony of it all."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Y'a du sacré beau monde dans cette tracklist!!

"Gillan's Inn" track listing:

CD Side:

01. Unchain Your Brain – Feat. Joe Satriani (guitar), Michael Lee (drums)
02. Bluesy Blue Sea – Feat. Jamick Gers (guitar), Michael Lee (drums)
03. A Day Late And A Dollar Short – Feat. Uli Jon Roth (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals)
04. Hang Me Out To Dry – Feat. Joe Satriani (guitar), Michael Lee (drums)
05. Men Of War – Feat. Steve Morse (guitar), John Rzeznik (guitar)
06. When A Blind Man Cries – Feat. Jeff Healy (guitar), Jon Lord (organ)
07. Sugar Plum – Feat. Roger Glover (bass), Ian Paice (drums)
08. Trashed – Feat. (Tony Iommi (guitar), Roger Glover (bass), Ian Paice (drums)
09. No Worries
10. Smoke On The Water – Feat. Steve Morse (guitar), John Rzeznik (guitar), Jon Lord (organ), Ian Paice (drums)
11. No Laughing In Heaven – Feat. Roger Glover (bass), Ian Paice (drums)
12. Speed King – Feat. Joe Satriani (guitar), Michael Lee (drums)
13. Loving On Borrowed Time – Feat. Steve Morse (guitar), Uli Jon Roth (guitar)
14. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight – Feat. Joe Elliott (vocals)

DVD Side:

* Complete album in 5.1 surround sound
* Making Of "Gillan's Inn" video
* Track by track audio commentary byIan Gillan
* Special "Select the Soloist for Smoke On the Water" section (choose from Jeff Healy, Joe Satriani, Steve Morse, Tony Iommi, Uli Jon Roth and more)
* Rare performance videos of Ian fronting DEEP PURPLE and BLACK SABBATH
* "Demon's Eye" – DVD side only – featuring Jeff Healy (guitar), Jon Lord (organ)
* Special DVD-ROM bonus track – "Can I Get A Witness?" featuring Cliff Bennett (singing), Ronnie James Dio (backing vocals), Mickey Lee Soule (keyboards)
* Photo Gallery
* Lyrics
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quelques extraits à écouter en ligne : http://www.deep-purple.net/mp3/purplebox.htm

Pour "Trashed" il a plus trop la même voix que sur la version d'origine...
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

C'etait ecrit que sa carriere serait aussi longue....c'est ca quand on a incarné Jesus Christ !!! :rock:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour assurer la promo du disque Ian est en tournée avec son groupe solo aux USA, voilà ce qu'ils jouent et y'a du bon :

01. Second Sight
02. No Laughing In Heaven
03. Into The Fire
04. Hang Me Out To Dry
05. Have Love Will Travel (Michal Lee Jackson song)
06. Wasted Sunsets
07. Not Responsible
08. No Worries
09. Unchain Your Brain
10. (Band Jam)
11. Bluesy Blue Sea
12. Moonshine
13. Texas State Of Mind (Michael Lee Jackson song)
14. Sugar Plum (with Jeff Healey)
15. When A Blind Man Cries (with Jeff Healey)
16. Men Of War
17. (Drum Solo)
18. Smoke On The Water
Encore:
19. Trouble
20. Knockin' At Your Back Door :rock:

:pointer:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album va ressortir en version "tour edition" (avec bonus), comme pour le dernier Deep Purple...
Il serait temps que les labels arrêtent ce genre de pratiques, à force plus personne ne va acheter les albums à leur sortie.
Immergent Records will release the "tour edition" version of DEEP PURPLE frontman Ian Gillan's "Gillan's Inn" CD in early February.

Gillan last year completed a five-week North American run to promote "Gillan's Inn", which he released to celebrate 40 years in the music business. The CD, which came out in April 2006, spans the four decades of Gillan's professional life and features some of his friends as guest performers, including his mates in DEEP PURPLE, the GOO GOO DOLLS, and singer-guitarist Jeff Healey, among many others.

"Gillan's Inn" is a DualDisc, and the DVD side has a track-by-track commentary from Gillan, along with scenes from the recording sessions, rare live footage, and other extras.

"Gillan's Inn" tour edition (CD + DVD):

CD:

01. Unchain Your Brain
02. Bluesy Blue Sea
03. Day Late And A Dollar Short
04. Hang Me Out To Dry
05. Men Of War
06. When A Blind Man Cries
07. Sugar Plum
08. Trashed
09. No Worries
10. Demon's Eye
11. Smoke On The Water
12. No Laughing In Heaven
13. Speed King
14. Loving On Borrowed Time
15. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
Bonus Tracks:
16. Have Love, Will Travel (Live - House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA 9/14/06)
17. Wasted Sunsets (Live - House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA 9/14/06)

DVD include original DVD content plus:

* Expanded "Bootleg Basement" - Additional live songs (fan bootleg footage) from the "Gillan's Inn" U.S. tour.
* No Laughing In Heaven (Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, Canada 8/17/06)
* Hang Me Out To Dry (Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, Canada 8/17/06)
* Into The Fire (The Concert Hall Of NYC 8/23/06)
* Moonshine (Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI 8/30/06)
* Sugar Plum (Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI 8/30/06)
* Men Of War (Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI 8/30/06)
* "Backstage Pass" – Behind-the-scenes and backstage moments from the 2006 "Gillan's Inn" Tour
* "Tales From The Tour Bus" – Want to see what life on a tour bus is like?
* "Witness Protection Program" – Now features a selection of never-before-seen photos from the 2006 "Gillan's Inn" Tour
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ian Gillan chante aussi sur la BO d'un jeu vidéo japonais :

According to a posting on the DEEP PURPLE fan site TheHighwayStar.com, PURPLE singer Ian Gillan has contributed lyrics and vocals to the Japanese video game Blue Dragon, developed by Mistwalker and distributed by Microsoft. The game was released in 2006 in Japan and will see an international release at the end of August 2007. The track in question is called "Eternity" and was co-written by Nobuo Uematsu, Hironobu Sakaguchi and Ian Gillan. In Japan it was released as a single accompanying the game.
Pierre-Jean (Yoda)
Snaggletooth
Snaggletooth

Message par Pierre-Jean (Yoda) »

Je découvre le Topic, sacrée distribution d'invité ! :up:
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Cocalamar a écrit :C'etait ecrit que sa carriere serait aussi longue....c'est ca quand on a incarné Jesus Christ !!! :rock:
Bah on attendait pas plus de 33 ans alors ! :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'était réservé à Glen Benton ça :D

Et bien vu Cocal.
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

Faut quand même signaler que Bib a cité un de mes posts qui date de Mai 2006... :up:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

:lol: :lol:
J'ai vu ouais, mais j'étais passé à côté à l'époque... :oops:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Répondre