THE CULT, le retour

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Ils vont également sortir à la fin du mois un DVD enregistré en 2006 à New York.

01. Lil' Devil
02. Sweet Soul Sister
03. Electric Ocean
04. The Witch
05. Spirit Walker
06. The Revolution
07. Rain
08. The Phoenix
09. Edie
10. Fire Woman
11. Wonderland
12. Peace Dog
13. Rise
14. Wildflower
15. Love Removal Machine
16. Nirvana
17. She Sells Sanctuary
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et pour être complet, une e-card dédiée au nouvel album :

:pointer: http://www.roadrun.com/BornIntoThis
deadhunter
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par deadhunter »

J'ai écouté le single et je retourve le Cult de ma jeunesse. Alors si l'album est du même acabit....vivement Octobre.
Ne jamais rentrer dans le rang, et ne jamais oublier que si c'est trop fort et trop rapide, c'est que l'on est trop vieux !
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

J'ai entendu le morceau "I assassin" sur un sampler et je le trouve bof bof...pas très metal à mon goût; mais Astbury chante toujours aussi bien par contre! :)
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Krabathora
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Krabathora »

Fangface a écrit :Et pour la petite histoire un poil hors-sujet, le remplaçant de Astbury dans les "Doors" est Brett Scallions, l'ancien chanteur de Fuel.
FUEL ? Le groupe de metal alternatif qui officiait dans les 90's ? Le FUEL de "Jesus Or A Gun" ? :bang: :bang: :bang:
"One for one
And none for all
Piece no peace
And FUCK YOU ALL !!!"

(G//Z/R "Drive Boy Shooting")
deadhunter
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par deadhunter »

Mc Brain a écrit :J'ai entendu le morceau "I assassin" sur un sampler et je le trouve bof bof...pas très metal à mon goût; mais Astbury chante toujours aussi bien par contre! :)
Je crois que l'on a ecouté la même galette....
J'ai trouvé ce morceau très sympa. Pas métal mais rock par contre il est vrai que Astbury a gardé sa voix et rien que pour cela....j'acheterais l'album.
Ne jamais rentrer dans le rang, et ne jamais oublier que si c'est trop fort et trop rapide, c'est que l'on est trop vieux !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview du guitariste Billy Duffy qui explique comment a eu lieu la reformation :

HMV.com: What instigated the reformation?

Billy: I was contacted by Ian [Astbury, vocals] via the management team of THE DOORS OF THE 21ST CENTURY.

HMV.com: How does being on Roadrunner compared to being on Beggars and Atlantic?

Billy: Very early to tell but my feeling is that Roadrunner operate very much like Beggars Banquet and we enjoyed many happy years there. THE CULT seem to work better within a framework of a big indie label.

HMV.com: In an interview with ChartAttack.com back in March this year you mentioned the album as being "trashy." Do you still feel the same way?

Billy: Whilst not specifically remembering the quote 'trashy' I think the new album has a freshness and immediacy about it that feels good and honest and of these times.

HMV.com: Is there a track THE CULT would like to cover?

Billy: As far as a song both Ian and I would like to cover maybe something by DAVID BOWIE from the early 70's.

HMV.com: Ian filled Jim Morrison's footsteps by singing for THE DOORS OF THE 21ST CENTURY/RIDERS ON THE STORM. Is there anyone you would like to play for?

Billy: I would love to play with a reformed FREE... unlikely, but miracles do happen.

HMV.com: You released the self-titled album [with] CIRCUS DIABLO in [July 2007] with former CULT member Billy Morrison amongst others. Are there any other past members of CULT's various guises you would like to work with?

Billy: As far as going back to play with past CULT alumni, I can't confess to a burning desire as for the most part there is no going back. However, I highly regard the musicianship of several of them.

HMV.com: Do THE CULT have any plans for the future?

Billy: THE CULT never plan for anything.

HMV.com: You co-star in the horror film "Sin-Jin Smyth". Can you tell us more about your rôle and how it came about?

Billy: I never actually made my "movie" debut. The film got stalled and is yet to be completed... still into having a go at it but you can never believe all that's written on the Internet, can you? I actually was up for scoring the soundtrack but got offered the chance to play a psychotic FBI agent who specialized in torture... hard to resist, eh?

HMV.com: THE CULT were very vocal about the plight of the native Americans, their lyrics represented this aspect in the past, it is now invisible? What is the reason?

Billy: I beg to differ regarding the Native American thing, The SOUTHERN DEATH CULT was far more into that stance overtly on record than THE CULT. However, in the very beginning as the DEATH CULT in 1983 it was still evident in the early recordings. I think after that Ian and the band's support became a little less overt professionally but still as passionate. More of an Ian question, really, to be honest.

HMV.com: The band keep splitting up and then reforming. Is it because in your solo projects the chemistry is not right with others?

Billy: The splits tend to happen with burnout. We have to hibernate and re-charge. That's why and how we have lasted so long and are still active and making new music. Ian and I have a chemistry when we write together that is undeniable for me it's a blessing and I never count them.

HMV.com: You and Ian both came from a politicised punk movement is there any of that energy in what you do or do you feel that there is no "gain" from that particular stance? Are there any issues that you wish to talk about but never get the opportunity to do so? How do you feel about the "war on terror"?

Billy: I think Ian has really never lost his connection to that era. Seeing the SEX PISTOLS at the second legendary Lesser Free Trade Hall gig in Manchester...July 20th, 1976 (and still having the tickets and poster to prove it) changed my life forever. As far as using any politics or anything else as a "stance" in music could be considered a bit dodgy. I'm into it being fun...serious fun! Personally I'm into being kind and trying to cause no harm or damage to this world or any other. That's my politics. I can find nothing more terrifying than having no air to breathe, for instance.

HMV.com: Do you feel part of or any affiliation with the "Great American Dream" and what would you say to Mr. Bush?

Billy: I have always liked the positive attitude and a demand for liberty and the pursuit of happiness that America represented/represents to me. Do not quite get the same vibe in the UK. There is also an equality and work ethic and a lack of a class system. As regards politics, here I cannot vote as I am a British citizen but am as horrified by the last few years as any other sane human being on the planet. It has to and will change for the better, I'm sure. Worse things happened in the last century and we got through it What i would say to the president is: "Buy the new CULT album 'Born Into This' and listen to it many times on your well-earned retirement on a desert island."
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Je suis fan ultime de The cult époque "sonic temple", mais un peu moins accro à leur période plus rock...qu'en est il de cet album?? Je crois qu'il est plus rock que hardrock ou metal. Est ce que quelqu'un se l'est procuré? Est ce un bon album? :help: ;)
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

J'ai vu le DVD ce w-e (16,99 euros), quelqu'un l'a déjà visionné ?
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Article/interview de Ian Astbury au sujet de la tournée à venir et de son album "culte" :)
In July, THE CULT will kick off an international tour on which the band will play its seminal, 1985 "Love" album from start to finish.

The "Love" album is viewed by fans and worldwide media as THE CULT's pre-eminent release. From the immediately recognizable opening notes of "She Sells Sanctuary", through Billy Duffy's psychedelic guitar strains on "Phoenix", to the resolve of Ian Astbury's haunting baritone on "Brother Wolf, Sister Moon", THE CULT created an album that maneuvers as a tour de force.

"[Playing the album live] gives some context to what THE CULT are, in terms of what we do have a claim to — building this post-modern world," singer Ian Astbury told Billboard.com. "We're one of the principal architects to that world, in a way. For me, it's kind of like, 'Hey, wait a minute, I don't want my legacy to be 'Sonic Temple'. It's amazing how many people come up and say, 'Hey dude, where's the cowboy hat and long hair?' I haven't looked like that in like 16 years."

"The band is redefining the live album experience with the 'Love Live Tour'; nothing is comparable to witnessing THE CULT, fully engaged in the live creation of arguably their seminal album," stated stated THE CULT manager Tom Vitorino. "For fans this will be the greatest tour yet, and for those just discovering THE CULT, this staging will envelop them in a pure performance experience."

THE CULT will be delivering spectacular production, along with the intense performances that fans have come to expect. The evening's finale will include an encore of THE CULT's greatest hits, spanning the bands' storied career. The band has been working closely with their art/ design team creating an arresting set, with dramatic effects, using state-of-the art technology.

Continuing their historic creative partnership, Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy began writing together this winter, and have since recorded several songs at The Sunset Marquis Villa Recording Studios in Los Angeles, California. Their highly anticipated new tracks will be the follow up to THE CULT's 2007 release, the critically acclaimed "Born Into This". As of press time, the band is keeping options open to drop new tracks in conjunction with the tour.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dans une semaine le groupe va sortir une "capsule" en édition limitée, un mot marketing pour dire un EP avec 2 nouvelles chansons, du live, et un petit documentaire vidéo.
Following THE CULT's recent successful European tour, which included sharing the stage with IGGY POP & THE STOOGES at Sonisphere (United Kingdom) and Pinkpop (Holland) festivals, the band will release the first of its recent recordings on September 14 on the newly formatted "capsule" collection (the capsule format being the vision of singer Ian Astbury).

Through a partnership with Aderra Media Technologies, THE CULT's capsule will consist of two new songs — "Every Man And Woman Is A Star" and "Siberia" — plus live recordings from the recent internationally sold-out "Love Live" tour, as well as the short film "A Prelude to Ruins" (directed by Ian Astbury and Rick Rogers). The capsule will be available in several formats, including MP3, CD/DVD (DualDisc) and 12-inch vinyl in limited quantities for a limited time. The first song, "Every Man and Woman Is A Star", was debuted at Sonisphere and released the same day as an iTunes exclusive. The latest recordings were guided by legendary producer Chris Goss (QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MASTERS OF REALITY) and are described in a press release as "a mixture of violent guitars, emotive vocal performances with high melody and driving beats."

In an August 20, 2010 interview with the U.K.'s leading classic rock radio station Planet Rock, THE CULT guitarist Billy Duffy spoke about the "capsule" concept and how it differs from the way the band released new music in the past.

"Well, I think you'd have to have been living under a rock for a long time to not notice that the music business has somewhat changed," Duffy explained.

"It's a different way of getting music out there.

"People — not everybody, but a lot of people — are, really, now more comfortable downloading music and the fact that aren't any, really, many record shops or places to buy music in that format anymore is indicative that people's habits are changing with the Internet, and we just felt, as a band, that the idea...

"We did a new album in 2007 in a sort of traditional way — get a record deal with a company and make an album and take out a very bad loan from them and then go and promote it, and blah blah blah. This time we just thought we'd do it a little differently, and we did it on... New Wilderness is our own label. And Ian [Astbury, vocals] felt very strongly that he'd prefer to try and record two or three, four songs and get them out there while they're quite fresh than spending a lot of time trying to write a whole album. It was really Ian's general feeling, which I sort of agreed with; I think people's attention spans are shortening, and I think the idea was... He just wanted to capture the music quickly and get it out there. That was the theory; the practice is not always quite so as easy as putting that into practice. But the idea of the capsule, if you wanna be old-fashioned, you could call it an EP. So rather than doing albums...

"Other bands who operate on a grander scale two, three, four years recording a record, or they sail in from their Carribean hideaways, go on a tour that lasts 18 months, and everybody is really happy with that format. That doesn't really work for THE CULT anymore. So we're just trying to be a little more fluid.

"The people who are buying tangible, what you'd call hard products, like vinyl, they're collectors and they want stuff that has a little bit more depth and content, and that's why it'll be a multimedia package."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvelle chanson, "Lucifer" : http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/ ... ecult.html

Le prochain album sortira le 22 mai sous le nom de Choice of Weapon.
Legendary rock band THE CULT has set "Choice Of Weapon" as the title of its long-awaited ninth album, due on May 22 via Cooking Vinyl Records. The group's first full-length work in five years (though the band has kept active by putting out "capsules" of new songs and live recordings in recent years) was co-produced by Chris Goss (QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, U.N.K.L.E. ) and longtime collaborator Bob Rock (METALLICA, AEROSMITH).

"Choice Of Weapon" was made in several studios, including the band's own Witch Mountain as well as spots in New York City, Los Angeles and the California desert.

Regarding the recording process for the new album, THE CULT frontman Ian Astbury tells RollingStone.com, "We began with Chris Goss, who is a very close friend and somebody I've been friends with for over 20 years. And we always talked about doing a CULT record together. Chris did all the refinement, helping us find the material, craft it, and I think we've been at it for quite a while. It just became attrition. Everyone was getting kind of exhausted. Kind of wearing each other out in the studio."

On the topic of the "Choice Of Weapon" album cover, Astbury said, "This image has been with me for many years, since I was about 11 years old. I grew up in Hamilton, Ontario. I immigrated there when I was a kid. I was exposed to Native American culture very early on. And that kind of piqued my interest in indigenous cultures. It had a quite profound effect on me. With this particular image, it had been hovering around me for quite a while. And it's almost like I had to manifest this image within myself. I wanted to have an image that in some way reflected the sentiment of not only the record, of the deepest sentiment of the record, but also the sentiment of what's going on in society. I mean, the fact that the shaman figure has a veiled face, there's a face mask pulled over, it's almost reminiscent of images we've seen from Libya and Egypt and also from things like the Occupy movement or the riots we had in the U.K."

He continued, "The title of the record reflects the fact that here we are, we have a choice to make right now. We can choose different modalities. We can either choose literal weapons, which, many people have picked up weapons in Libya, Egypt, Syria. Or picking up weapons and overtaking systems, physically, by force. In a more metaphorical sense, a weapon can be a camera, a weapon can be a pen, a weapon can be a statement, a verbal statement, a weapon can be an article of clothing. Tantric weapons are symbols they use in tantric rituals, like the dorje, which is an object that the shamanic figure is actually holding. The dorje being representative of a thunderbolt enlightenment, that moment of awakening, where you go, 'Aha!'

"Time magazine said this year the Person of the Year was the demonstrator, the image of the woman with the veil. So this is an icon that we're seeing more and more in our culture. It's almost like people don't want to come out and show their faces and say something. Because they're almost afraid of . . . I don't know. There's a lot of intellectual bullying going on. People are very quick to jump on someone if they say something that's maybe different. They're certainly not part of the status quo, of a moving force. Everyone's kind of pointing at it, but nobody's really saying it, what really needs to be said. So in some ways, this shamanic figure, the look in the eyes is almost like a wild animal, which I connect to nature."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau clip, j'aime beaucoup :rock:

Explication de texte pour ce clip :
THE CULT's film clip for their new single, "For The Animals", from their forthcoming "Choice Of Weapon" album, reflects the socially and economically divided world that we find ourselves facing.

"'For The Animals' is a metaphor for people existing in a realm outside of structured society and what cultural editors deem to be relevant," explains THE CULT's lead singer Ian Astbury. "It could be the feral punk rock kids squatting in abandoned homes or the spirited individual who has little regard for social conventions. It's for people who choose not to tow the party line or try to fit in. It's for the free-thinkers who are creative and dynamic."

With the film clip, THE CULT has captured the rising tensions and frustration of a growing group of disenfranchised youth. The provocative clip, from visionary director Michelle Peerali and starring hot young actress Hanna Mosqueda as the lead character, portrays the 19-year-old protagonist transforming from a lost and abandoned youth, overwhelmed by the state of the world large and at her own poor economic status and broken family at home, into an empowered strong woman who finds her inner strength in the end.

In the film clip, we see the lead character navigate a chaotic world looking for an answer only to realize in the end that what she was looking for all along was within her the whole time. "She realizes that the only solution for change is actually within her. It's about her self-awareness, inner strength, and waking her internal life, realizing she has to take command of the situation and has the power to break through," says Astbury, who appears in a cameo rôle along with band mates Billy Duffy (guitar), John Tempesta (drums), and Chris Wyse (bass). "In the end, she finds others who feel the same way. The message being, 'if you feel you don't fit it, it's okay. There are others out there. The tribe is there.'"

As Astbury sings in "For The Animals", the song and film clip is "for all the fucked up children staring down the barrel of a gun," a real and metaphorical image, the social, economic, and environmental cards this generation of youth has been dealt. It's a theme that is put into sharp focus by an aware Astbury on the band's new album, "Choice Of Weapon", due May 22 on Cooking Vinyl.

"Your choice of weapon can be anything you use to deal with your world. It could be self-knowledge. I think we're at a crossroads, as individuals and as a society, to define our intentions in life. What do you choose to do with your life? What do you need to really flourish? How do I not get stuck being a slave to convention? And as the character in the film clip writes on the wall, 'How many more ways will they find to reinvent boredom?'"

These are just some of the observations THE CULT shares in "For The Animals" and on "Choice Of Weapon".

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je continue mon monologue tel un boulet :D :lol:
Mais ce nouvel album vaut vraiment le coup, alors j'insiste! ça rocks avec des burnes et du cœur. :guitare: :amour:

La preuve par la chanson d'ouverture : http://soundcloud.com/the_cult/honey-from-a-knife
féfé
Pigeon from hell
Pigeon from hell

Message par féfé »

J'avais pas vu ce sujet, moi ça m'intéresse ! :rock:
Globox666 a écrit :J'ai l'impression au niveau des cris que c'est la bande son d'un film porno gay avec un mec derrière avec un gros chibre et un autre devant avec un tout petit trou de balle...
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Ca m'intéresse aussi mais les dernières performances live d'Astbury m'avaient fait froid dans le dos :D
ImageImageImage
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

il est aussi sur mes tablettes d'achat! ;)
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Moi aussi! :) :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ganash a écrit :Ca m'intéresse aussi mais les dernières performances live d'Astbury m'avaient fait froid dans le dos :D
Sur scène c'est une tête à claques c'est clair, tendance gâcheur de fête, mais il met ses tripes dans cet album. :)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau clip :

Répondre