Journey / Neal Schon news

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Damnation Game a écrit :Parce ce que tu crois que que se : :wank: devant sa belle mère c'est une attitude??? :grr:

guardian t'es consigné dans ta chambre et privé de dessert jusqu'à nouvel ordre!!!! :grr:

Sale jeune!!! :grr:
Rha... mais bahhhrrkk .....
Y'EN A MARRE DU CUL PARTOUT!!!!!!!
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Pas partout! Abuse pas! :grr: Juste dans celui de DG :D
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

guardianoftheblind a écrit :Pas partout! Abuse pas! :grr: Juste dans celui de DG :D
Nan!!! Pas que là...
Y'a des topics que j'ouvre même plus tellement ils sont sales....
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

y en a marre de cet esprit pas très AOR! :grr:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le G@SP a écrit :y en a marre de cet esprit pas très AOR! :grr:
AOR c'est "Adult Oriented" Rock.... j'ai l'impression que nombreux sont ceux qui confondent films et musique!!!
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Soto était très bon dans Soul Sirkus :up:

Dans Journey je ne sais pas si ça passera aussi bien mais il a une telle voix que...
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

guardianoftheblind a écrit :Pas partout! Abuse pas! :grr: Juste dans celui de DG :D
Tu crois encore au pere noel apres toutes ces années toi ? :P
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ca n'aura pas duré .....
Jeff Scott Soto a quitté le groupe.
Augeri va sûrement retourner au bercail....

JOURNEY has parted ways with its most recent lead singer Jeff Scott Soto (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, TALISMAN). Jeff's first appearance with JOURNEY was July 7, 2006 in Bristow, VA. He had been filling in for Steve Augeri, who had to leave the tour shortly after it began on June 23 due to illness. Jeff's last performance was May 12, 2007 in Leesburg, VA.

Says guitarist Neal Schon: "We appreciate all of Jeff's hard work and we can't thank him enough for stepping in when Steve Augeri got sick last year. He did a tremendous job for us and we wish him the best. We've just decided to go our separate ways, no pun intended. We're plotting our next move now."

Keyboardist Jonathan Cain adds: "We were lucky to have a friend who was already a JOURNEY fan step in on a moment's notice during the DEF LEPPARD tour to help us out. Jeff was always the consummate professional and we hope that he remains a friend of the band in the future. We just felt it was time to go in a different direction."

JOURNEY — Neal Schon (guitar), Ross Valory (bass), Jonathan Cain (keyboards) and Deen Castronovo (drums) — is taking the rest of 2007 off to spend time with their families, write new songs and map out plans for 2008.

Perso, c'est pas une si mauvaise nouvelle que ça.....
Si Talisman peut continuer à exister du coup et que Journey pouvait rappeler Augeri .... (Perry j'y crois plus ...et il bosse avec Nuno Bettencourt d'ailleurs).
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Bon alors je reviens sur ce que j'ai dit, Augeri ne souhaite pas revenir non plus...
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Bon alors d'apres le management de Soto , il se serait fait jetté comme une merde en fin de compte....

Rest assured that we will inform you of news as it evolves, as this is a great shock for us all, especially Jeff. Jeff appreciates your support and loyalty at this difficult time and is thankful to all the fans, old and new who have supported him over the years, especially during the recent Journey shows. He hopes to see you all on the road again soon.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Brian May lui-même donne son avis, puisqu'il connait bien Soto et Journey :
Brian May a écrit :"I was actually moved to write a new page tonight [early hours of June 14], by thinking about our great pal, Jeff Scott Soto. Many of you have been writing to me about the shock of seeing him suddenly erased from the JOURNEY website, as if he had never existed. It's a strange place that I view this from. JOURNEY are, in a way, in a very similar position to ourselves. They have a legacy of hits which people will always want to hear played live. And their singer all through their golden age can no longer perform with them (Steve Perry, a truly luminous singer, in my opinion — a voice in a million). So the JOURNEY guys (I wrote about them just a couple of months ago when they visited — Neal Schon is a fabulous player and an esteemed friend of mine) have a similarly difficult and maddeningly set of options to juggle.

"Option 1: They (or we) throw in the towel and say, 'It can never be as good, so let's put on our carpet slippers and live off the past.' In other words, it's over, and all the talent and experience now goes for nothing. (Some 'fans' actually ask for this, unable to let the artists move on.)

"Option 2: They go out on tour with a 'replacement' for the legendary singer - someone who looks and sounds like Steve Perry; in this case they find themselves in a stale situation, where they are stuck in the past. I was always against this in our case - I could not stand being a fossil, going out there and effectively saying, "We can't improve on what is past — we have nothing more to say".

"Option 3: They forget the name 'JOURNEY' and start from scratch with a new line-up and a new 'image'. I know the JOURNEY guys have been some way down that road. It's brave, but it's very unrewarding, because you tend to end up disappointing all the people who grew to love the old band, and effectively you are turning your back on everything you spent half your life building. Most times you end up playing the old hits anyway ... because why would you not want to play your own music?!

"Options 4: They find a singer with something NEW to offer, a new foil, someone who has a musical world of his own, and is worth arguing with! Even someone who can steal some of the limelight. This is what I have LOVED, working with our wonderful colleague, Paul Rodgers — yes, we can play the old stuff, and yes we can be, in a sense, a continuation of QUEEN, but everything is new — the sky is the limit — because, like in the old days, we are working with a brilliant creator, we are sharing a new creative process, feeding off each other's ideas - experimenting, growing. This is what excites me, at the age of ...oh, forget it!!! ha ha ....

"When I saw JOURNEY this year, live in London, I felt excited, because I felt they had taken Option 4 by the horns. Knowing Jeff, I knew that he had jumped in without a parachute — he turned around the whole direction of his life, not only into being a worthy part of a great band, but pushing ahead, experimenting, looking for ways to be new, within the framework. I was truly astounded by his range, power, and interpretations, and his contact with the audience. The band looked energised - even dangerous. How cool.

"Well, now we get a shock. I know in my heart Jeff would never have walked out on this — he is way too loyal. It saddens me that he seems to [have] been shed like a used pair of boots. Those boots sure covered some good ground. You know, for all the reasons above, it's understandable that JOURNEY might decide to make a U-turn. I just hope that they will be man enough to say so if this is the case, rather than hiding behind some kind of pretence that it was a mutual decision. That's an integrity thing, and a karma thing. You have to own yer own poo. And I hope they will see fit to recognise Jeff's lasting contribution to the family, and realise that he deserves to be treated with respect. And ... I desperately hope they don't go down that other road: JOURNEY is worth a whole lot more than Option 2."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Journey ont un nouveau chanteur, Arnel Pineda :
JOURNEY — Neal Schon (guitar), Jonathan Cain (keyboards), Ross Valory (bass), Deen Castronovo (drums) — has announced its new lead singer, Arnel Pineda ("pin-eh-da"). He replaces Jeff Scott Soto, who parted ways with the band earlier this year after stepping in for Steve Augeri, who had to leave the band in 2006 for medical reasons.

Arnel hails from Quezon City in the Philippines and has been singing JOURNEY songs — in addition to original material — with his band, THE ZOO, for the past couple of years in clubs all over his homeland. Joining the legendary band is a dream come true for him.

"It's so exciting to sing with one of the best bands in the world. It'll be a lot of hard work on my part and I'm actually looking forward to the scrutiny I'll get from the hardcore JOURNEY fans. I know they'll expect me to sound exactly like 'the voice' (Steve Perry), but that will never happen. I know there's only one Steve Perry in this world."

When it was time for JOURNEY to look for a new lead singer, the Internet came to their rescue. Guitarist Neal Schon wanted someone new to the music business, so he turned to YouTube. After finding Arnel singing "Faithfully", he knew he had found the perfect frontman.

"I was frustrated about not having a singer," explains guitarist Neal Schon, "so I went on YouTube for a couple of days and just sat on it for hours. I was starting to think I was never going to find anybody. But then I found THE ZOO and I watched a bunch of different video clips that they had posted. After watching the videos over and over again, I had to walk away from the computer and let what I heard sink in because it sounded too good to be true. I thought, 'he can't be that good.' But he is that good, he's the real deal and so tremendously talented. Arnel doesn't sound synthetic and he's not emulating anyone. I tried to get a hold of him through YouTube and I finally heard from him that night, but it took some convincing to get him to believe that it really was me and not an imposter."

Arnel Pineda picks up the story: "My friend Noel picked up the message on YouTube and told me it was from Neal. I thought it was a hoax so I ignored it. Noel said, 'what if it really was Neal and he wanted to offer you the chance of a lifetime?' So I e-mailed Neal back and the rest is history."

"Arnel brings a soulful and passionate voice to JOURNEY," continues keyboardist Jonathan Cain. "His personality is very well-suited to our music. He's a sincere, authentic person with a great smile and a big heart. I think fans are really going to love him. With Arnel's soaring tenor, JOURNEY returns to our heritage sound."

Schon agrees, "We feel reborn. I think there's a lot of chemistry between the five of us. At first we were going to go into the studio and just write four songs, but now it's escalated to a lot of great new and diverse material. The stuff sounds tremendous. Everyone's so stoked about it. We feel very fortunate to have found Arnel."

JOURNEY is currently working on a new album with legendary producer Kevin Shirley, which they hope to release by spring/summer 2008. Details will be announced early next year.
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Journey sans Steve Perry ce n'était plus vraiment Journey.
Pour un fan de la première heure comme moi ça fait de la peine cette lente agonie du groupe,même s'il reste très populaire aux states,mais grâce à leurs albums période 78-86,et celui de 1996 après quasi 10 ans d'arrêt du groupe.

Par contre sur leur forum inutile d'adopter le ton "DOTF" ça ne passerait pas :diable:
C'est critiques non admises,des "god bless you" dans tous les sens,pas méchants mais pas vraiment comme nous :lol:

Le vrai Journey,celui qui a sorti des albums fabuleux et a écrit une des plus belles pages de la musique U.S. c'était avec Perry au chant.
Je conseille à ceux que le groupe intéresse d'essayer de retrouver sur le net l'émission américaine "VH1 behind de music"consacrée à Journey.
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le dernier album avec Augeri je l'ai trouvé particulièrement bon.
Par contre je me doutais que ca collerait pas avec JSS ... pas dans le cadre de "Journey" en tout cas.
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

J'avoue que je ne l'ai pas écouté,ça reste donc le seul album du groupe que je n'ai pas.D'ailleurs "generations" je ne l'ai même jamais vu en magasin et il n'est même pas distribué via itunes... :/

Pour Soto je l'avais dit dans un autre post que ça n'était pas un chanteur pour Journey,Augeri a une belle voix mais le groupe était vraiment Perry-dépendant,que ce soit à la composition ou au chant.

Arrival m'a déçu,les compos n'étaient vraiment pas super.
Par contre j'achète tous les DVD qui sortent sur le groupe,et même si j'ai les vynils d'époque,je me suis racheté les "live" et autres greatest hits en CD.
Love_gun,quels sont tes 3 albums préférés ?
Pour moi c'est Infinity,avec lequel j'avais découvert le groupe lors de l'été 1979,ensuite Frontiers et Trial by fire.
Il faudra que je me procure generations si tu dis qu'il est bon,j'avais lu des critiques disant qu'une moitié de l'album était très bien et l'autre nettement moins.Qu'en penses-tu ?
Cries of joy
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

En voyant les vidéos je comprends pourquoi ils ont choisit Pineda.
C'est clairement un Perry-like vocalement.Il chantait du Journey avec son groupe,il est prêt à l'emploi donc...

Jugez-en plutôt :

La voix de Perry est indissociablement liée au groupe,je comprends qu'ils essayent de trouver le clone le plus parfait pour pallier à son absence.
Leur set-list est constituée à 90% de leurs tubes des 70-80',imposer un autre style de voix serait assez risqué,enfin impossible selon moi.
Cries of joy
behemoth
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par behemoth »

Manquerait plus qu'un groupe prenne des risques artistiques... mouarf

A ce train là faut qu'ils arretent d'enregistrer des albums, ils risqueraient d'être comparés avec frontiers... Et c'est risqué :D

Faut pas deconner, JSS est un frontman hors pair doublé d'un très bon songwriter, ça aurait dû leur suffire, mais ils n'ont pas assez d'ambition artistique pour vouloir tenter quelque chose de nouveau.
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Je ne sais pas ce qui c'est passé avec Soto (et je m'en tape) mais Soto n'a pas la voix pour chanter du Journey,just my advise.
Je n'aime pas du tout les versions avec lui au chant.

C'est un groupe qui a quand même ses bonnes années derrière lui,et qui tourne avec ses hits du temps de Perry et pas vraiment avec les nouvelles chansons.Tenter quelque chose de nouveau ?
C'est trop tard,ils auraient du le faire il y a 10 ans.

Mais c'est vrai qu'ils auraient besoin de retrouver un bon songwriter comme Perry,qui n'était pas que chanteur et avait pris l'ascendant dans le groupe,ce qui énervait les autres d'ailleurs :lol:
Dailleurs,qu'ont-ils fait de bon depuis TBF en 1996 ???
Comparés avec Frontiers oui c'est vrai que c'est très risqué :diable:

Quel va-t-être le futur du groupe,personne ne peux le dire.
Mais je ne suis pas optimiste.
Cries of joy
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il assure le nouveau chanteur lors de son premier concert avec Journey, même s'ils n'ont clairement pas pris de risques :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg42KNR6Irg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrCpbMSgt5Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUWJ8bf09BU
Yama
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Yama »

Oh bordel, il est bon. Super voix.

Effectivement, c'est pas du tout révolutionnaire pour Journey, ce timbre de voix. :D
- L'affreux Warnabot.
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Bin oui c'est un Perry-like comme je l'ai dit,à part que Perry tenait plus longtemps la note et pouvait monter plus haut.
Reste que s'il ne compose pas ils seront limités et ne pourront tourner qu'avec le répertoire (inusable il est vrai) de l'époque Perry.
Pour aller de l'avant (mais en ont-ils la volonté) il leur faut un songwriter aussi bon que l'était Perry...
Cries of joy
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur nouvel album "Revelation" sera un double album contenant 11 nouveau titres et 11 classiques ré-enregistrés. Le tout sortira le 6 Juin 2008.
Journey - Revelation (2008)
Cd1: Never Walk Away; Like A Sunshower; Change For The Better; Wildest Dream; Faith In The Heartland; After All These Years; Where Did I Lose Your Love; What I Needed; What It Takes To Win; Turn Down The World Tonight; The Journey (Revelation).

Cd2: Only The Young; Don't Stop Believin'; Wheel In The Sky; Faithfully; Any Way You Want It; Who's Crying Now; Separate Ways (Worlds Apart); Lights; Open Arms; Be Good To Yourself; Stone In Love.

Line-up:
Guitars- Neal Schon
Keyboards- Jonathan Cain
Bass- Ross Valory
Drums- Deen Castronovo
Vocals - Arnel Pineda
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Je suis curieux d'entendre,surtout la valeur des compos,mais s'ils ne distribuent pas via itunes je ne crois pas pouvoir l'écouter en magasin :hum:

Le CD2 rien que des classiques,des valeurs sûres :oui:
Cries of joy
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Et en news:

JOURNEY’S ‘REVELATION’
SELLS MORE THAN 104,000 UNITS IN DEBUT WEEK
Three-Disc CD/DVD Package Exclusively Available at Wal-Mart Stores

June 10, 2008 -- JOURNEY’s new three-disc CD/DVD package REVELATION has sold more than 104,000 copies in its debut week according to Wal-Mart Stores, marking the band’s biggest first week’s sales since 1996’s TRIAL BY FIRE. Released June 3, REVELATION is being sold exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club in North America, Walmart.com and Samsclub.com, and Journey’s official website, Journeymusic.com. REVELATION’s first week’s sales marks a 1400% increase over the band’s 2005’s first week’s sales of GENERATIONS.

"We are thrilled with the early success of Journey's ‘Revelation’ music project, and clearly our customer is excited about it too,” said Jeff Maas, Divisional Merchandise Manager, Entertainment, Wal-Mart U.S. “We believe that if we continue to find innovative products, priced to showcase the value, our customers will show their excitement by purchasing the product. Journey has been great to work with and clearly this reflects a win for them and for our customer.”

The first disc consists of 11 new songs, the second is filled with 11 re-recorded classics, and the third is a live, in-concert DVD. All of the music on REVELATION was produced by Kevin Shirley (who previously worked with JOURNEY on their Platinum-certified TRIAL BY FIRE album).

REVELATION marks a new chapter in the legendary career of multi-Platinum rockers JOURNEY, thanks to two singles at Rock and AC radio (“Never Walk Away” and “After All These Years”) and rave reviews, including the New York Times who hailed: “…the band seems to have taken rock vitamins: it feels alive.”

JOURNEY--Neal Schon (guitar), Jonathan Cain (keyboards), Ross Valory (bass), Deen Castronovo (drums) and Arnel Pineda (vocals)—is currently on a European tour through June 28. They’ll start a massive summer U.S. tour with special guests Heart and Cheap Trick on July 9 in Denver, CO.
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ouais faut voir que Journey est une institution aux Us .... et je me souviens avoir vu l'an passé un spot pour la campagne de Hilary Clinton où elle est dans un pub et où l'on peut entendre "Don't Stop Belivin"...

Pour revenir à Journey que j'ai vu comme quelques uns ici au Arrow .... je reste à moitié convaincu par ce nouveau chanteur ..
Il est vocalement excellent , mais selon moi manque tres cruellement de personnalité... Au Arrow il n'a pas décroché UN SEUL mot de tout le show .... et c'est ce que je craignais ....
Ben oui apres l'épisode Jeff Scott Soto qui est un mec avec son passé, et sa personnalité ... Journey a fait le choix de se reporter sur un "Clone Vocal" de Steve Perri éxécutant ... il chante pareil mais est physiquement absent!
Le fait d'avoir réenregistré tous les classiques avec ce nouveau chanteur inconnu est aussi une façon de faire comme si il n y avait rien eu avant ..... d'ailleurs les ventes de ce nouvel album doivent en grande partie à ce 2 eme cd de classique!
Or Perri ce n'était pas qu'une voix .... et son successeur Augeri avait réussi à se faire une place au sein de la légende... je regrette son départ d'il y a 2 ans.
Jeff Scott Soto je savais des le départ que ca n'allait pas durer ... Jouney est un taf à plein temps (cf les tournées américaines incessantes ) et Soto a encore beaucoup à faire musicalement avant de se reposer ... artistiquement parlant.
Donc pour ma part, je suis moyennement convaincu.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Journey - Live in Manila DVD

Message par Everflow »

heavylaw a écrit :"Live In Manila", le double-DVD du groupe Journey sortira le 2 Octobre. Il reprend un concert donné par le combo aux Philippines (pays d'origine de leur nouveau chanteur Arnel Pineda) le 14 Mars dernier.

Disc One:
01. Never Walk Away
02. Only The Young
03. Ask The Lonely
04. Stone In Love
05. Keep On Running
06. After All These Years
07. Change For The Better
08. Wheel In The Sky
09. Lights / Still They Ride
10. Open Arms
11. Mother Father