Armored Saint: le retour avec La Raza

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Beaucoup l'attendaient, c'est fait: les Saints sont de retour avec nouvel album, Keep It True et tournée australienne avec Death Angel au programme :rock:

Veteran California metallers ARMORED SAINT have issued the following update:

"Due to the nature of vague speculation albeit created by your authors here, ARMORED SAINT are officially announcing that they´ve begun writing new songs for a new record due in 2009.

"The band lineup is as it was on 2000's 'Revelation' and 1992's 'Symbol of Salvation':

John Bush (vocals)
Jeff Duncan (guitar)
Phil Sandoval (guitar)
Joey Vera (bass)
Gonzo (drums)

"The band has written close to 12 songs as of now and are ready to enter the recording studio in the next month or so.

"Some working titles include: 'Loose Cannon', 'Chilled', 'La Raza' and 'Black Feet'.

"The band plans on entering the studio with bassist Joey Vera handling the engineering and producing duties.

"SAINT will be headlining one show in Los Angeles at the Key Club on March 6, 2009. Aside from the co-headline tour in Australia in March with DEATH ANGEL and the headlining of the Keep it True festival in Germany in April, the band has no further shows booked at this time. There are a few festivals in Europe during summer being looked at for booking but no confirmations as of yet."

Reality Check TV has posted interview and performance footage of ARMORED SAINT filmed at this year's Rocklahoma festival, which was held July 9-13 in Pryor, Oklahoma. The two-and-a-half-minute clip can be viewed below.

(Thanks: NJthrasher)
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Yeah :bang: :bang:
Punaise..Qu'ils ramène Death Angel en Europe :bave:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

:bang: :bang:
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :horns: :horns: :horns: :horns: :horns: :horns:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

:bravo: :bang: :bravo:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

HELL YEAH. :rock:

Enfin John Bush de retour dans son vrai groupe!

Et Revelation était tellement bon :bang:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

par contre sur scène faut ressortir les costumes d'époque et pas se ramener en débardeur de basket (cf : graspop 2006)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cela va de soi. :up:

Même s'ils ne doivent plus rentrer dans les armures. :D
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Ils étaient beaux dans leur chemises à l'époque Symbol of Salvation. :amour: :bave: :wank:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Saracdclabanane
Defendeuse of the Leatherface
Defendeuse of the Leatherface

Message par Saracdclabanane »

Super bonne nouvelle :rock: :rock:
"Le solo de Zakk Wylde m'a tuer"
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

bon ben c'est cool ça !! :rock: :bang:

Par contre, Romain, je ne vois pas ce que tu as contre cette tenue, j'ai bien aimé moi ! :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Bush revient dans un style qui lui convient le mieux :up:
Après faut se dire que si Anthrax l'avait pas jarté le groupe ne se serait pas reformé :D
danymite
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger
Localisation : Orléans (45) mais dans le desert de sable chaud des ScorpionS

Message par danymite »

Armored Saint : Bon groupe que j' ai découvert en écoutant une radio locale,dont j' ai trouvé " SYMBOL OF SALVATION " & " REVELATION " ( 2 cds > l' album & A TRIP THRU RED TIMES ), ... :yeah: :up:
Petit SCarabé deviendra GRAND SCorpions
trashman
Caught in a Mosh
Caught in a Mosh

Message par trashman »

en voila une excelente nouvelle :bang:
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

si l'album est dans la lignée du brillant "revelation" ce serait vraiment cool !!!!
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

danymite a écrit :Armored Saint : Bon groupe que j' ai découvert en écoutant une radio locale,dont j' ai trouvé " SYMBOL OF SALVATION " & " REVELATION " ( 2 cds > l' album & A TRIP THRU RED TIMES ), ... :yeah: :up:
Deux albums qu'il faudrait que je réécoute. Revelation m'a pas marqué, et Symbol Of Salvation je le trouvais très en-dessous des albums précédents.
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ah ben avec le temps c'est le contraire pour moi, les 2 derniers sont mes préférés. :) :bang:
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

moi aussi , je mettrais Symbol of salvation en n°1 puis Revelation. J'attends ça avec impatience.

Mais c'est vrai que la tenue "sportswear" sur scène c'est ridicule, c'est pas un groupe de rap bordel !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Petit extrait d'interview de Joey Vera, le bassiste le plus cool du metal US :
Dirty Rock Magazine recently conducted an interview with ARMORED SAINT bassist Joey Vera. A couple of excerpts for the chat follow below.

Dirty Rock Magazine: You announced in December you're writing material for a new SAINT album. Can you give us any idea on the progress so far and when you might expect a release?

Vera: We've been writing kind of under the radar since the summer, but we didn't make the announcement until December. So we've got a pretty good handful of songs and we are just demoing them so they haven't been recorded by the whole band yet. Basically, we'll be ready to start recording in the next month or two but I don't know if we'll have a chance before we go to Australia but we're hoping to. I don't know when the full release will be but the way people get their music nowadays is changing a little bit; actually it's changing quite a lot. You may actually here from us, as far as new recorded music, I would say sooner than later. Let's leave it at that.

Dirty Rock Magazine: Fair enough. So as a band, are you looking to continue making albums after this?

Vera: Yeah, we don't really think that far ahead. It's a big deal for us to even commit to doing this right now. A lot of us have families and other things going on, musically and in relation to other bands. Like I said before, we're not really a working group where we are constantly working on new material or working towards furthering our career or status or whatever. It's not something we do; we're not active like an "average" band signed to a label and does a record every one or two years kind of thing. It was a commitment for us to say, OK, let's write some songs, let's write a new record, let's do some dates and try to go to places we've never been before." That was enough of a commitment for us right now. To think about what's going to happen after this is a whole other level.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et maintenant une interview de John Bush, décontracté et satisfait de sa carrière :

http://www.themetalforge.com/modules.ph ... e&sid=1561
On his career to date:

"I think that I was really lucky to be able to make a lot of music. I mean, I've made a lot of records in my career, I've played tons of shows throughout the world. I've seen the world. I always tell people that heavy metal was my college education. It really was. It really gave me… it really opened my eyes up to lots of culture and different ways that people live and I travelled everywhere and experienced many different types of food, and lots of people — so, it's been great. It's been awesome. Many people dream of this, and I was able to live it."

On his career highlights:

“Tons of them! I could say seeing my first album cover that I made or even the EP of ARMORED SAINT… just seeing that on vinyl was like, 'Wow!' Obviously countless shows throughout both bands that I've been in … fuck… even doing interviews with somebody from Australia like yourself who lives thousands of miles from me … it solidifies that I'm not just some chump from the coffee house down the street. Some people care, y'know? Y'know, they always measure their success by numbers — y'know, record sales and all that — and in the end I understand that it's a business, but y'know, it's funny. I tell the guys in ARMORED SAINT that 'when we land in Australia, you should go up to the promoter and you should give him a big fat kiss because you're so lucky that you get to come and play here.' You know what I mean? I still take that attitude with it because it kind of humbles me and that's how I like to live my life, so…"

On errors that were made along the way:

"There were obviously things that we did that were mistakes. You know, when we look back, it's like, 'Oh my God! That was a fuckup!' or 'That was really lame,' or 'That was dumb.' But, I'm also the kind of person that it's not going to do me any good to do that now and I surely don't like to live with too many regrets in my life because it's not who I am. This is the road that my life took, and believe me, my life is great and I'm really happy. As a matter of fact, most of the time when I get grumpy, I had a two-month stretch recently where I was grumpy, and my wife was like, 'Dude, what's up with you?' and I'm like, 'I don't know. But what the fuck?' I've nothing to be grumpy about. I've got a great family and this and that and it pisses me off when I'm like that. I'd hit myself in the head and was like, 'C'mon!! Snap out of it.' Everybody goes through a little stretch where they get frustrated. But when it comes to music, there are things that I would have done differently but I don't have too many things where I they would keep me up at night."

On just where ARMORED SAINT is at right now:

"When it comes to playing live, I think that our approach is that we have a really cool catalogue of material for a live show. I think that anybody who is like, whether they are a big fan of the band or a person who is familiar with the band or an eight-year-old kid who doesn't even know the band but knows the name, I think that we would be a real fun band to see live. I can say the same thing for DEATH ANGEL because I've seen them live and they're great too and they've been around as long as we have. I think that's the thing. We try to be as sincere as possible with what we do and we have some great songs and when you hear them live, it's like, 'Wow!' — they come through. That's the thing — try to play as best as you can and be physically fit. When it comes to writing, me and Joey [Vera, bass] have been writing a bunch of material and it's actually turning out sounding great. I'd love it to be released one day but I'm not sure of exactly how or when or in what capacity it will come out, but I do believe that the material that we've been writing is great. I'm really proud of it."

On whether there is a chance that ARMORED SAINT will premiere new material when it finally hits Australian shores in March:

"Well, it's… I don't know because we did talk about playing a new song… we'll see. I don't know. What I do want to do is that I do want to mix up our set a bit every night. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a band plays the same set every night — I hate that. These days, with the Internet and obviously with people being able to see what the setlist was… Look, I'm guilty as well; I've done it numerous times — I've actually decided on whether or not I'm gonna see a band based on what they did. I do want to mix it up a little bit. Obviously we are gonna play the more popular ARMORED SAINT songs. We will do that but I would like to throw in a couple of curve balls every night and have everyone go, 'Oh, I can't believe they played that song!' and I think that'll be really fun and fun for us. As I've said, I'd rather have a song being loose than play the same shit every night and go, 'Ahh, that's boring.' Of course, I don't want it to be bad. A little loose, but, if we could make one of those songs one of the new songs in there as well, that'd be neat, so maybe we will. You never know. Maybe one of the five shows we'll play a new song."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour John Bush le timing est parfait pour poster un nouveau morceau démo de Armored Saint. :D

http://www.metalblade.com/mp3/Loose_Cannon.zip

Bon j'suis pas plus emballé que ça, mais c'est surtout à cause du son tout pourri...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Quelques noms de titres et aussi celui de l' album qui s' intitulera "La Raza":
"La Raza" will feature the following songs, among others:

* Black Feet
* Chilled
* Loose Cannon
* Blues
* La Raza
* Head On
* Get Off The Fence
* Left Hook From Right Field
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Everflow a écrit : Bon j'suis pas plus emballé que ça, mais c'est surtout à cause du son tout pourri...
j'avais pas écouté à l'époque, j'aime bien, bon avec une vrai batterie ça ne pourra qu'être mieux :)
vivement l'album quand même
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie le 16 mars chez Metal Blade!

01. Loose Cannon
02. Head On
03. Left Hook from Right Field
04. Get Off the Fence
05. Chilled
06. La Raza
07. Black Feet
08. Little Monkey
09. Blues
10. Bandit Country
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Enfin! :horns:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Répondre