Place Vendome - Streets of Fire

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Deuxième album de ce projet AOR pour février 2009, toujours avec Michael Kiske (HELLOWEEN) au chant, et composé par divers musiciens allemands et suédois.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3223/313 ... 0866_o.jpg
PLACE VENDOME, the project featuring former HELLOWEEN singer Michael Kiske alongside PINK CREAM 69's Dennis Ward, will release its second album, "Streets Of Fire", on February 20, 2009 via Frontiers Records. The songs this time were supplied by different songwriters, who were particularly motivated and enthusiastic to be part of this new project. Torsti Spoof (LEVERAGE) offered up "Dancer", "Changes", "Believer" and the title track; Ronny Milianowicz (SAINT DEAMON and songwriter for PRIMAL FEAR) wrote "Surrender Your Soul", "Completely Breathless" and "A Scene In Replay"; while Robert Sall (WORK OF ART) contributed "Follow Me" and "Valerie". The CD was once again recorded at Ward's studio in Karlsdorf, Germany, with Ward's PINK CREAM 69 bandmate Kosta Zafiriou and Gunther Werno of VANDEN PLAS laying down drums and keyboards, respectively. A promotional video for the song "My Guardian Angel" — written by Magnus Karlsson (BOB CATLEY, PRIMAL FEAR) — is included as a special interactive bonus on the album and marks Michael Kiske's visual return on the scene after years of a self-imposed exile.

Speaking to MichaelKiske.net, Kiske stated about the new CD, "It's more AOR this time. I like it very much so far. Very different to the stuff I normally do. To record the vocals for the projects I usually need two, maybe three evenings (two hours) for a song to get learned and to find the right performance. Often also just one evening. I always do MY thing. I don't believe in vocals were singers are just puppets of other people. That makes very static and unconvincing vocals for my ears. The singer always has to be himself. If someone wants me to sing a song and I say yes to it, it gets 'kiskelized.'"

Torsti Spoof told MichaelKiske.net about the new album, "I wrote 'Dancer', 'Changes', 'Believer' and 'Streets of Fire'. Tuomas Heikkinen and Pekka Heino wrote the lyrics. The songs are very melodic hard rock. 'Changes' is a bit more AOR than the rest. The songs are not so far from the style of the first album at all. 'Streets of Fire' and 'Dancer' are a bit on the heavier side. It is up to the producer how the songs end up sounding: how heavy, how AOR etc... I can't wait to hear the finished album."

Ronny Milianowicz stated: "My songs are 'Surrender Your Soul', 'Completely Breathless' and 'A Scene In Replay'. I think it's very AOR and especially 'Surrender Your Soul' and 'A Scene In Reply'. 'Compleatly Breathless' could be a modern pop/metal song. Kiske sang on the greatest album of all time, 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part 2', [so] to be able to write something for him is a dream come true. Since I started write music back in '88 I always thinking a voice like Kiske in my head when I compose so finally I get the original voice to my compositions."

Robert Sall: "I wrote 'Follow Me' and 'Valerie'. These songs sounds more like the songs on the WORK OF ART album which I think it's a bit softer than the first PLACE VENDOME record. I didn't write these songs specifically for PLACE VENDOME and I'm a bit surprised that the record company wanted these songs for the new VENDOME record but I hope the VENDOME fans, as well as Mr. Kiske, will enjoy them anyway!!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Miki
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Miki »

J'attends ça avec impatience ! J'avais adoré le 1er album. :yeah:
Miki

Metal playmobil
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

:euh: :euh:

Ca y est, on a retrouvé le fan !! :fete: :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Miki
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Miki »

Bib a écrit ::euh: :euh:

Ca y est, on a retrouvé le fan !! :fete: :D
:oui: J'assume, j'assume !
:D
Miki

Metal playmobil
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le nouvel album sortira le 20 Février 2009 cher Frontiers Records.

1. Streets Of Fire
2. My Guardian Angel
3. Completely Breathless
4. Follow Me
5. Set Me Free
6. Believer
7. Valerie
8. A Scene In Replay
9. Changes
10. Surrender Your Soul
11. Dancer
12. I’d Die For You
My Guardian Angel (bonus videoclip).
Miki
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Miki »

:mad:
Miki

Metal playmobil
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview de Michael Kiske à la limite du pathétique car on sent qu'il n'en a pratiquement rien à foutre de Place Vendome et que c'est juste un cacheton facile pour lui :D

http://hallofmetal.com/ver_entrevista.p ... 34&leng=en
Hall Of Metal has issued an interview with former HELLOWEEN singer MICHAEL KISKE (PLACE VENDOME). The following is an excerpt from the interview:

Q: Apart from your voice, what is your contribution to the second album of Place Vendome?

A: "Just my singing."

Q: In the previous album you complained about the fact that the final production was different from what you wanted. What do you think about Dennis Ward’s work in this occasion? Is it more similar to you taste?

A: "I was also fine with the first one, I personally would just not over blow the guitars that much. I don't like it when it gets too heavy. But this is better on this one, even though my vocals are on some songs a bit to low in level, so they don't have the right energy anymore."

A : Would it be possible that Place Vendome’s members joined to make any concert or that is totally impossible? Would you do it in the main 3 or 4 summer festivals if they offered a great sum of money or that does not depend on you?

Q: "I am not planning to go on stage with this. I will only go on stage with my own music on free and unbound stages when the time is right."
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Ca m'énerve quand il dit qu'il trouve que les guitares sont trop heavy pour lui dans Place Vendôme... :hum: Il ne semble pas prêt à revenir à ses premières amours, le pépère...
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Recevoir son chèque n'est pas trop heavy pour lui par contre. :D
Dans cette interview il critique le projet mais dit quand même rester disponible si on le rappelle pour un troisième volet!
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Quel connard... :/ :hum:
Enfin, tant qu'il y a des gens (c'est pas le mot que j'emploie dans une conversation normale :D ) qui achètent ! :lol:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

Clair qu'il est vraiment casse-couilles avec ses histoires d'église du metal à laquelle il n'adhère pas, comme j'ai pu le lire dans le dernier Rock Hard.
En revanche, ce nouvel album de Place Vendome est vraiment très bon. Du beau AOR bien mélodique, avec des compos accrocheuses. Simple, sans prétention, y a juste à écouter et apprécier. Une des meilleures sorties de ce début d'année pour moi :)
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Répondre