retour de Fear Factory avec Dino Cazares et Gene Hoglan

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tout est dans le titre. Byron Stroud est à la basse, donc on a la moitié de Strapping Young Lad dans ce nouveau line-up.
Les 2 membres restants ont de leur côté fondé un nouveau groupe, Arkaea.
A new version of FEAR FACTORY has been officially launched featuring the band's original members Dino Cazares (guitar) and Burton C. Bell (vocals) alongside bassist Byron Stroud (who played on the last two FEAR FACTORY albums in addition to touring and recording with STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and ZIMMERS HOLE) and legendary drummer Gene Hoglan (DETHKLOK, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, DARK ANGEL, DEATH, TESTAMENT). The band is scheduled to play a number of shows this summer as well as record a studio album.

U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine recently spoke to Dino and Burton about their decision to reform FEAR FACTORY and their future plans. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Metal Hammer: This has come as something of a surprise. Aren't you guys supposed to hate each other?

Burton C Bell: "Well, you know, we were friends before we were in a band together and after a while we forgot what it was all about. The first time we saw each other in a long time was at the MINISTRY show in L.A., and we just started talking again. It was like, 'I don't really remember what it was all about!' It's like, good friendships will always return, basically."

Metal Hammer: Were you surprised by that? Had you avoided each other?

Burton: "We never really avoided it, we were just never in the same place. We were in the same place that one night and it was like seeing an old friend again, and it was good!"

Dino: "Burt lives in Pennsylvania and I live in California, so obviously we never really had a chance to see each other. When we did see each other, it was like 'What's up, buddy? How're you doing?' It was like we'd never stopped being friends. It wasn't weird, it just felt good. I already know him! Ha ha ha!"

Metal Hammer: When did you decide that this was going to be FEAR FACTORY and not just a new project?

Dino: "Well, Burton pretty much approached me with that idea, and how could I say no? I'd be jamming with my old friend again and it'd great to collaborate with him because we wrote some of the best music of our lives together."

Metal Hammer: Have you guys rehearsed together yet?

Dino: "Yesterday was our first rehearsal. It was amazing. The vibe was really good. It felt like we never stopped jamming. You know, Burton's always got a million ideas and obviously I shit out riffs, and playing with one of the best drummers in the world…for me, it's one of the best collaborations that I've ever been a part of."

Metal Hammer: Do you have specific aims for the new FEAR FACTORY or are you keeping an open mind about the possibilities?

Dino: "There are definitely specific things we want to achieve, but we have to approach this with an open mind. We don't want to fully repeat ourselves, what we've done in the past, but we definitely do want to make this album the future of a classic record."

Metal Hammer: A lot of bands are reforming these days and everyone always plays all the old classics…is that your plan too?

Dino: "One of the things about FEAR FACTORY's m.o. is that we were always a band that evolved, and that's something we want to achieve now too. It's obvious that we've got my signature right hand, my guitar, and we've got Burton's signature vocals, but we've got a different drummer and this is eight years later, so there's gonna be some different ideas and we're gonna make it the best it can be. We're not gonna put out a record that's half-assed. It's going to be 100 percent FEAR FACTORY and it's going to be the future."

Burton: "I wouldn't say this is a reunion or a reformation. It's more of a reorganization. FEAR FACTORY has been rolling around, even though we haven't been chugging out records. The last one was four years ago, but it's just in a state of reorganization now."

Dino: "I know a lot of bands, when they get back together they can basically go out and tour off the classics and that's great. That's something that we're definitely going to do and I know a lot of the fans are going to want to hear Dino's guitar sound back into the mix, and we're really happy to be able to give them that. We're going to have some European festivals coming up, including Sonisphere."

Metal Hammer: …and you're doing Bloodstock too, right?

Dino: "Yeah, we're doing Bloodstock as well and some other festivals in Spain and Italy."

Read the entire interview at http://www.metalhammer.co.uk.

Dino's tenure with FEAR FACTORY ended in March 2002 after Bell announced his departure from the group, allegedly telling his bandmates at the time, "Look, guys, I'm not into it anymore, I don't wanna play in the band anymore, I don't wanna play with you guys, and I especially don't wanna play with you, Dino."

FEAR FACTORY eventually reformed without Dino and released two more studio albums, 2004's "Archetype" and 2005's "Transgression".

In a September 2007 interview with MTV.com, Cazares — who currently heads up a new band called DIVINE HERESY — stated about his former group, "In the long run, I believe I came out the winner, and I feel that they have bastardized the name, and it's a completely different band, different style. I definitely carried the passion in that band, and my riffs, my style, they were very distinctive. I don't regret anything I created in FEAR FACTORY whatsoever. It will be part of my memory for the rest of my life. I believe I am continuing the legacy and keeping this metal torch alive and bringing it back with DIVINE HERESY. You can feel the hunger and passion in DIVINE HERESY, which I believe FEAR FACTORY has been missing, and is still missing to this day."

DIVINE HERESY, whose status is "unaffected" by Dino's involvement with the new project, is currently working on its sophomore album, "Bringer Of Plagues", for a July 28 release via Century Media Records. The band is once again recording with acclaimed producing team Dirty Icon (Logan Mader and Lucas Banker), which has previously worked with CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, GOJIRA, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH and DEVILDRIVER. Cazares is also co-producing the new effort.

DIVINE HERESY's follow-up to 2007's "Bleed The Fifth" will be the group's release with new vocalist Travis Neal, who was previously a member of THE BEREAVED.

DIVINE HERESY's debut album, "Bleed the Fifth", has sold more than 30,000 copies in the United States since its August 2007 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD, which has shifted more than 50,000 copies worldwide, was issued in Japan with an exclusive bonus track, "Purity Defiled".

ARKAEA — the new band featuring FEAR FACTORY members Christian Olde Wolbers (guitar) and Raymond Herrera (drums) alongside vocalist Jon Howard (THREAT SIGNAL) and bassist Pat Kavanaugh (THREAT SIGNAL) — will release its debut album, "Years In The Darkness", on July 13 via E1 Music (formerly Koch Records).
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Ca aussi c'était prévisible! A voir ce que ça va donner!
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Pourquoi pas... A voir !
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour écouter ce que font les désormais "anciens" Fear Factory : http://arkaea.ning.com/
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Fear Factory avait fait son retour en 2006, peut-être pas avec le même line_up mais je trouve ça ridicule de parler de reformation
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ben c'est plutôt une nouvelle version en soi ouais, le groupe n'a pas splitté. Mais techniquement avec le retour de Cazares c'est aussi une reformation des 2 leaders d'une certaine manière, d'autant qu'ils récupèrent le nom du groupe. Tout dépend ce qu'on appelle "reformation" en fait.
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

En même temps dans l'article que tu as cité ils parlent de "new version", donc ça tombe pas mal ! :D

Après, on s'en fout un peu du terme, l'important c'est le résultat ! :bang:
J'espère qu'il y aura un burger offert avec l'album ! :bave: :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'ai complètement lâché le groupe après Obsolete que je trouvais pourtant très réussi après le classique Demanufacture, mais tout ce que j'ai entendu depuis ici et là ne m'a jamais motivé à acheter à nouveau leurs albums. J'ai raté quelque chose?
Pierre Hurleur
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par Pierre Hurleur »

T'as un ou deux morceaux pas mal sur le dernier en date je crois... mais rien de bien fameux, j'ai aussi décroché après l'excellent Obsolete...

Par contre Fear Factory sans Raymond Herrera c'est pas Fear Factory... :nul:

Edit : je viens de faire un tour sur le site des ex-FF, et c'est un bel aperçu des derniers albums de FF, des sursauts de double cassés par des passages néo tout pourri... :beurk: :,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ouais ça sonnera forcément différemment avec Hoglan, en un sens ce ne sera plus FF, mais d'un autre côté ça sonnera peut-être plus purement metal à nouveau. :D Ou pas.
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

Bah avec Gene Hoglan il récupère un batteur qui a des bras ! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jérome
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Jérome »

Leur Tour-Bus a intérêt à avoir de sacrés bons amortisseurs avec des bestiaux pareils! :bravo:
AdrieN
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par AdrieN »

j'aime pas forcément FF, mais Gene Hoglan est un tel putain de batteur, que ça promet de bien déchirer
Fire, fire, FIRE, WALK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Fallait s'y attendre, les 2 versions du groupe sont en procès pour obtenir les droits sur le nom...
When asked if FEAR FACTORY was "done," Raymond replied, "We're [Christian and I] actually still in FEAR FACTORY. There's a big legal battle going on right now. Essentially, what's happened is Dino [Cazares, former FEAR FACTORY guitarist] and Burt [C. Bell, FEAR FACTORY singer] have become friends again and they decided to start a new band, and furthermore, they decided to call it FEAR FACTORY. They never communicated with us about it, and they're acting like there was never any contract, but there's four members that are Fear Factory Incorporated — which is the four of us — so it's almost like them two against us two, so it's kind of a stalemate. Moving forward, I don't know what's gonna happen with the trademark, so to speak. It's kind of a weird situation, but it's not a situation that we created that was weird."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça y est c'est la guerre via médias interposés :

http://www.pyromusic.net/index.php?p=in ... ory&id=139

PyroMusic.net: I read the Metal Hammer online interview when it was first announced and the first question was, "Aren't you guys supposed to hate each other?" Were you expecting a lot of raised eyebrows from people?

Dino Cazares: Yeah, yeah, of course. I expected it to be like, "What the fuck is going on here?" But Burton and I were able rekindle our friendship and it worked out fine. I believe that it was the other guitar player, sorry, the bass player, Christian Olde Wolbers, was the one who talked the most smack. And that's the one I really had issues with. Burton and I were actually friends before we started FEAR FACTORY. We were actually in a band together before we started FEAR FACTORY, you know what I mean? So we had more of a friendship than I did with those two guys. We had more history.

PyroMusic.net: That actually brings me to my next question. I was reading an interview online yesterday with Raymond (Herrera, drums) and Christian where they were asked about this situation. They claimed they were both still members of the band and partners in the name and because of that legal action was pending. Can you shed any light on what's happening there?

Dino Cazares: I have no idea what they're talking about, but (as for) why the other two members aren't involved in this project, Burt's going to be releasing a proper statement that's going to explain all of it. And I really can't give any comment until... 'cause Burt wants to be the one to tell everybody. Within the next few days he's going to give a proper explanation of what's going on, what his idea was when he put all of this together, how he approached me and why the other two members aren't doing it. It's going to explain all that. I want to give him the respect to be the one to tell everybody... I haven't been in the band for like eight years. Burton approached me on it, so I'm waiting for him to give an explanation because he deserves to give it because he's been in the band ever since.

PyroMusic.net: You're coming to Australia in August with fear factory and I'll be lucky enough to see you guys twice in Europe as well. What kind of set list are you going to play with this lineup?

Dino Cazares: A lot of stuff from "Demanufacture", "Obsolete", stuff from the first record and some from "Digimortal". Maybe a new song, we don't know yet. Maybe.

PyroMusic.net: Nothing from "Archetype" and "Transgression", I'm guessing? (laughs)

Dino Cazares: (Laughs) If you want to hear "Archetype", just listen to the early FEAR FACTORY records. That's pretty much... they're pretty much a carbon copy. The riffs are pretty much a carbon copy. The song "Slave Labor" was a carbon copy of "Shock", so why not play the original version, which is "Shock"? They're very, very similar. I could go through the whole record and tell you what riff each was... I could actually sue Christian for stealing my riffs, but I was like, "No, I'll take the high road, I'm very happy with DIVINE HERESY," and that's what I was just really happy doing until Burton approached me and I ended up coming back. He pretty much had it all set to go.

PyroMusic.net: Do you think you could ever have a working relationship with Raymond and Christian again?

Dino Cazares: No, because I think that the difference between Raymond and Christian and Burton is Burton is more sincere. I believe Raymond and Christian, I believe it's more money-driven, because it's been since they've been in the band...they've been more money-driven, they've been more money-hungry kind of guys and first and foremost for me it's more about the music, it's not really about the money, it's about playing the music that you love and playing with people that you like. I'm very happy to be coming back and playing the old songs that I created. I'm happy to be back... No, I don't see myself coming back and jamming with Raymond and Christian again. I mean, why? Why would I want Raymond when I've got somebody better — Gene Hoglan? Gene Hoglan's a legendary drummer in the metal world today. He is a legend. I'm not talking about a legend in the figure of speech that you say in Australia, like (*adopts Aussie accent*) — "He's a legend, mate!" (laughs) A metal legend, a real metal legend. Why would I want to go back to Raymond? Come on. Okay, maybe he was the beginning drummer, but still, Gene Hoglan is so much better and I would never pass up an opportunity to play with him.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: retour de Fear Factory avec Dino Cazares et Gene Hoglan

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe annonce son nouvel album Mechanized et sa direction différente des derniers albums :
The new band calling itself FEAR FACTORY — featuring original FF members Dino Cazares (guitar) and Burton C. Bell (vocals) alongside bassist Byron Stroud (who played on the last two FEAR FACTORY albums in addition to touring and recording with STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and ZIMMERS HOLE) and legendary drummer Gene Hoglan (DETHKLOK, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, DARK ANGEL, DEATH, TESTAMENT) — has set "Mechanized" as the title of its new CD, tentatively due in February 2010. "[The name] fits the vibe of the album very, very well," Bell told Sergio Alvite of Mexico's Search & Destroy in a brand new interview, which can be streamed using the audio player below.

The CD, which co-produced by the band with Rhys Fulber (FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY, PARADISE LOST), was recently mixed by Greg Reely (PARADISE LOST, FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY, SKINNY PUPPY).

Regarding "Mechanized"'s musical direction, Bell said, "It has the raw aggression of what 'Soul Of A New Machine' [1992] was but it has... I would say it has the maturity of 'Obsolete' [1998]. When I say 'maturity,' I mean that it has the songwriting skills that 'Soul Of A New Machine' did not have whereas 'Obsolete' did."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le premier morceau de de nouveau line-up (toujours pas officiel puisqu'en procès) est en ligne, bon ben ça sonne comme du vieux FF en effet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfekNwxK ... r_embedded
Patrick Topaloff
Wild Child
Wild Child

Message par Patrick Topaloff »

Dino et Burton sont des crétins finis mais j'écouterai quand même.

Et je dis pas ça parce que Christian est belge.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Rien que la pochette laisse entendre un retour au FF d'il y a 10 ans :

Mais à y regarder de plus près on dirait le logo de Queensrÿche :D
Pierre Hurleur
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par Pierre Hurleur »

Everflow a écrit :Le premier morceau de de nouveau line-up (toujours pas officiel puisqu'en procès) est en ligne, bon ben ça sonne comme du vieux FF en effet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfekNwxK ... r_embedded
Ouais ça sent bon en tout cas ce morceau, maintenant est-ce que c'est LE morceau speed de l'album ? :D

Je me méfie des mauvaises surprises maintenant :oops:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vu comme Gene Hoglan aime bourriner, j'en doute pas trop. :)
It has the raw aggression of what 'Soul Of A New Machine' [1992] was but it has... I would say it has the maturity of 'Obsolete' [1998]
Et une explication de texte :
"Mechanize" track-by-track guide by Burton C. Bell:

01. Mechanize

Bell: "The title track describes our world as the soulless program that it is.
Every part serves a purpose. There is no such concept as individuality within the
machine. We have carved our place inside the machine. We have grown banal
within our apathy. We have become mechanized."

02. Industrial Discipline

Bell: "The term was taken from the book 'The Third Wave'. It explains the path in which the industrial complex, and it's construct, initiated the path of conformity. Everyone worked for the benefit of the machine, not for themselves. The discipline begins in mass education, determining time and placement, superiors and subordinates, rank and file. Humanity has been disciplined to do the work for the machine, therefore becoming the machine."

02. Fear Campaign

Bell: "It was not necessary to camouflage the insanity of the world of today within a science fiction setting. The world today has become the world that writers predicted long ago. The controlling authorities are constantly, and successfully, utilizing the fear tactic to control the masses, through misinformation and distraction. Fear is bondage. Fear is slavery. Fear is Hell. Fear is control."

04. Powershifter

Bell: "Change is an inevitable course in nature and humanity. This world has seen much change as of late, and it is true globally, nationally, and personally. This is a true story of a personal struggle against a controlling and ineffectual organization. There is always a choice, and the choice is never easy."

05. Christploitation

Bell: "Christianity has become a parody of itself. Through the ages, exploitation of myths, words, and the use of the fear tactic, have ruled the masses. We have seen so much death and destruction in the name of a man made god that it means nothing. What is faith, but the belief in an archaic superstition; an overwhelming fear to face reality of the world today. Invoking the name of Christ has become a common practice The original concept does not apply. This is control through conformity and a false sense of morality."

06. Oxidizer

Bell: "One molecule of oxygen can alter the course of the world. It can start the deterioration slowly through rust, or it can quickly incinerate everything in
it's path. Either way, change is going to happen. This is about the trial by fire."

07. Controlled Demolition

Bell: "So many questions, so many lies, so perfect a destruction. All one has to do is consider the theories. Why is it so difficult to believe that our elected officials are above destructive corruption? History has proved that absolute control through violence and deception is a common theme. Consider the alternative thought, and you may see there is truth behind the False Flag."

08. Designing The Enemy

Bell: "Everything that occurs is a direct consequence of our own actions, creations, and manifestations. The machine that creates will ultimately be our demise. It is coming, the future is here."

09. Metallic Division

Bell: "The rhythm of mechanical death..."

10. Final Exit

Bell: "Based on the organization of the same name. A group of individuals with enough compassion to assist those who are interested in 'self-deliverance' from their intolerable pain. Is it compassion that drives the ability to help one commit suicide? This is a statement about the world in which we live, when the only cure for cancer, AIDS, MS ( and any other debilitating disease ) is death. Where is compassion to to assist our fellow human being in their time of unbearable pain, to keep them alive without hope of survival? Where is the compassion to find a cure, or to eliminate the diseases entirely? There is no profit in the cure... only pain and suffering."

*** "Powershifter" *** lyrics:

Feared your control and excessive greed
Abuse of your power disgraced me
You want war
You got war
More than you bargained for
I damn you and leave defiantly
Cut you out and take it all with me
You want war
You got war
More than you bargained for
Always question authority, control my own destiny
Forcing change, breaking free
From the gears of the machine
Changing my world so I can live
Execution powershift
I will forge my place in this time
Contention is sharply refined
I will expose you and force your demise
To take control of what is truly mine
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par hallowedhail »

Premier titre qui tabasse bien, vivement l'album !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nuclear Blast vendent l'album en boîte à outils, pour vos travaux du dimanche :up: :scratch: :lol:

Nuclear Blast Records' Online Shop are accepting pre-orders for a special Tool Box version of the new FEAR FACTORY album, Mechanize.

The box will be available on February 19th. A description reads: "The box will be a Tool Box incl. the Digipak CD, carpenter pencil, hammer, screwdriver, calliper, folding rule, measuring tape, patch (12 x 5cm), poster DIN A2 (folded to A4), certificate with serial number and sticker DIN A5!"
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par hallowedhail »

Après les godes Rammstein, on aura tout vu. :lol: :hum:
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

On a eu la boîte à sucres avec l'édition spéciale du dernier AC/DC, la boîte à godes avec le dernier RAMMSTEIN, maintenant la boîte à outils avec le dernier FF... Bientôt, on aura le nécessaire de toilette avec le prochain HIM et un insert pour cheminée avec le prochain RHAPSODY OF FIRE.

"Home TRVE Home" :horns:
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Répondre