Dave Ellefson réintègre Megadeth

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

dave a écrit :J'aimais bien Lomenzo moi... C'est vraiment bizarre ce truc... Effelson a sortie des horreurs sur Mustaine à l'époque de son éviction du groupe...
Je pense qu'ils ont très bien compris qu'ils avaient un intérêt commun à se "réconcilier", argent et notoriété pour Ellefson (ses 36 projets inconnus doivent pas rapporter des masses), et exposition/promotion du groupe pour Mustaine, surtout au moment de cette tournée anniversaire. C'est l'occasion ou jamais de faire un peu de buzz et de promouvoir Megadeth au maximum. Un bon choix en terme de marketing. :D Après en terme de sincérité c'est autre chose, mais même là c'est pas si facile de juger...

Nouveau communiqué de Mustaine après leur première répétition ensemble :
MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine has released the following statement regarding the return of bassist David Ellefson:

“First, I wanna say thank you to James Lomenzo for his years of faithful and consistent service to Megadeth and to me and to the fans.

James, I love you, and I wish you well in everything that you do.

Now, the most exciting thing I’ve had to say for quite some time…

Like I said at our website, I had a huge announcement to make… It’s David Ellefson returning back to his home, to his roots, to where his partner has been waiting to one day jam with him again, and that wait for me is now over.

We rehearsed and it sounded great. Dave even played on the new track that we recorded for this new project that’s coming up - I’ll be making an announcement soon about what that is. And it just sounded great. He looked great.

We did a photo shoot.

We just had an absolutely wonderful time together, and we just knew it was right.

I don’t know how long this is gonna last - I hope it’s permanent. If it’s just for the Rust In Peace tour I wanna thank David for committing to do this. And I wanna encourage all of you fans, go get your tickets now, because if you miss this, you may never see it again.

I don’t know… you may be the kind of person that’s gonna be able to sit around when you’re 70 and say: ‘Yeah, well, I missed Megadeth twice with David Ellefson.’ That’s OK. I’m not that kind of person. But that’s what makes the world go around.

I hope you take my lead today and you go and spend some time alone reflecting on people that you may need to forgive or that you may need their forgiveness, and see what happens, man.

I feel so great, and I know so many of you feel great, too. And this is all because I was willing to take my hat in my hand and talk with my brother and to work things out.”
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metalblasphemer
Papy Salaud
Papy Salaud

Message par metalblasphemer »

Quand je disais que c'était comme dans Dallas. On dirait le énième remariage de JR et de Sue Ellen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gasp a écrit sur Facebook:

Ta vie est un défi perpétuel au continuum espace-temps.
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Dave Mustaine a écrit :I don’t know how long this is gonna last - I hope it’s permanent. If it’s just for the Rust In Peace tour I wanna thank David for committing to do this. And I wanna encourage all of you fans, go get your tickets now, because if you miss this, you may never see it again.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
metalblasphemer
Papy Salaud
Papy Salaud

Et Dave Ellefson encore moins :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore une interview de Mustaine qui donne un peu plus de détails :
Jon Wiederhorn of AOL's Noisecreep conducted an interview earlier today (Wednesday, February 10) with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine about the departure of bassist James Lomenzo and the return of the band's original bassist, David Ellefson. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Noisecreep: A lot of people thought Hell would freeze over before you played with Dave Ellefson again. How did you two bury the hatchet?

Mustaine: When I became a Christian, my life really changed. Unlike a lot of people who say that they're Christian and really are hypoChristians, I'm not a guy that goes around, tells people how to live their life and then lives a double life behind closed doors. So, when I was forgiven I realized I needed to forgive. We had that incident with the lawsuit, and I forgave Dave for that. Several years ago when I went out to Phoenix on a business trip, I asked him if we could go out to dinner. He said, "Yeah." And we sat down at California Pizza Kitchen and had some food and talked a little bit. I told him, "I still love you." And he said, "I love you, too." And I put that behind me, because he's a little brother to me. So I'm looking at this as an opportunity to do the right thing for Dave and show him that I am a good leader and we are a great band, and we do belong playing together.

Noisecreep: What triggered your decision to ask him to rejoin?

Mustaine: We were at the NAMM show, and Dean [guitars] had a party and asked if I would play, and I never do those things. So I said, "Well, I'll think about it," and then I went home, because I wanted to surprise them by coming back later. But everybody thought I wasn't gonna play, so they all kind of fucked off. And once I did say, "Oh, yeah, I'm playing," they were scrambling around going, "Oh, my God, what are we gonna do now?" So I kind of shot myself in the foot with that one.

We couldn't find James or [guitarist] Chris [Broderick], and we were trying to find a bass player. James finally showed up, but my guitar tech approached David Ellefson, and he said yeah, he would love to do it. So that really opened the door. And since I had still looked at Dave with respect and appreciation for what he'd done for me and MEGADETH and our fans all around the world, and I still had tremendous respect for his talent, it made the decision pretty easy.

So a couple days ago I asked him to come back. Now, I know a lot of haters are gonna say, "How could [Ellefson] do that?" But anybody that really sees how hard I'm trying to live my life differently right now — and I'm really trying hard — this is just another one of the little things that you get. It's a perk for me to have one of my best friends back.

Noisecreep: Was James Lomenzo getting ready to leave MEGADETH when you asked Ellefson to join?

Mustaine: James had given us several years of faithful quality service in the bass and backup vocal position, and when this presented itself, it was hard to make the decision to tell him that we were going to do what was right for all of us, because I care so much about James. From a business point of view, Dave's my bassist. Always has been, always will be. Everybody that's been in the bass position for me, they've been brothers and I love them for it, but it's Dave's gig.

With James, he's a super-talented guy, he's a wonderful person and I know he's gonna do great at whatever he does next. He's played with some of the greatest players in the world — excluding me. You look at his repertoire with Ozzy and Zakk Wylde, and what he did with David Lee Roth and WHITE LION. Those guys were enormous back in the day. So James has had a very illustrious career, and I don't think by any means the world has seen the last of James. And frankly, if I have any side projects coming up in the future, I want to be able to call up James and say, "You know what, dude? I need killer bass player with a great sense of humor to come do a couple of bass parts for me. Are you game?" And have him not say, "Fuck you."
metalblasphemer
Papy Salaud
Papy Salaud

Il n'y a que deux réactions possibles à cet article:

Soit Dave Mustaine a subi une conversion encore plus fulgurante que celle de Saint Paul sur le chemin de Damas et a décidé d'entreprendre la dure voie de la pénitence et de la canonisation.
Soit il force un peu trop dans le registre marketingo - hypocrite.

Il serait intéressant d'avoir une version de Dave Ellefson... :diable:
Il serait encore plus intéressant d'infiltrer un faux roadie avec une caméra cachée :diable: :diable: :diable:

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

La prochaine fois il appellera Friedman pour une tournée spéciale "on part avec la caisse" ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
salvation
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par salvation »

Ils ont vraiment aucune fierté chez MEGADETH...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

chez Dave Mustaine, pas chez Megadeth ! :D
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

C'est pareil :D
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

Seuls les bons chrétiens peuvent apprécier à sa juste valeur ce retour! :precheur:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

t'es pas un hypoChristian toi?? :lol:
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

je crois en Dieu, en l'enfant Jesus et à Dave Mustaine!
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Le G@SP a écrit :je crois en Dave, en l'enfant Justis et à Megadeth!
:up: :up: :up:
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

il nage en plein délire Mustaine non ?
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

NON!

et je suis trop content de revoir junior au sein de MEGADETH :) :) :) :) :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :cheers: :cheers: :bave: :bow:
misa-misa
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par misa-misa »

Ce retour me semble bien. J'adorais James Lomenzo (son jeu est incontestable certes), mais ayant toujours eu un faible pour David Ellefson, je ne peux être que ravie de son retour.
Après de là à dire qu'il a viré comme un malpropre, on ne connaît pas les aboutissants de l'histoire non plus! Et quand on sous entend que c'est qu'une affaire de business... oui il y'a fort à parier que c'est en partie vrai... mais que m'importe du moment que le résultat soit présent sur scène!
If you dare to come down there, there's one rule you should know: Never ever ask what's behind the red door!
And don't even think about the green one!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dans une news de la plus haute importance, Mustaine n'appelle plus Ellefson "Junior" désormais. :mad:
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine tells AOL's Noisecreep that he is no longer calling the band's bassist David Ellefson "Junior" like he used to back in the 1980s and 1990s. "Dave was my ambassador back then," Mustaine tells Noisecreep. "I was a pretty loose and unpredictable cannon, and he brought a very calming effect, so he was very much like a mediator, and that's how everyone looked at us. We were the two Daves. And that's part of the reason I wanted to call him 'Junior.' I think that, given the circumstances right now, meeting him again on a totally different level, it's not like he's a kid anymore. So I'm getting to know him all over again, and I really like what I see and I really love the way he plays."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Longue interview de Ellefson qui revient sur son retour, la tournée Big Four, ses projets parallèles, etc.

http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/content/view/1996/1/
Répondre