ManOwaR réenregistre Battle Hymns

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Madbutcher a écrit :aurait pu choisir "Hail to england" ou "fighting the world" :rock: , "battle hymns" euh ouais bof.
On ne touche pas à Hail to England! :fessee: Par contre, c'est vrai que la production de Fighting est à chier....
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

En voilà une idée qui sent vraiment pas bon... :beurk:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
jesus
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jesus »

bon, ben peut-être qu'ils vont nous faire une tournée avec battle hymn en entier ? :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

S'ils font ça, dans 2 ans ils réenregistrent Into Glory Ride, puis Hail to England dans 4, etc, jusqu'à la mort. :lol:

Manowar vont inventer la discographie circulaire. :rock:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

C'est un concept: The Complete Works Re-Recorded :lol:
mandylion
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par mandylion »

J'aime beaucoup Manowar et les 2 concerts lors du Magic festival 2 étaient fabuleux.
Cette réedition a un interêt limité : ce n'est vraiment pas le meilleur album du groupe.
Mais je sais que je finirai par l'acheter ... mais pas au prix fort.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

DeMaio s'explique, avec un bout de "Battle Hymn" en vidéo (le solo) :
MANOWAR is in process of re-recording its classic 1982 debut album, "Battle Hymns", for a 2011 release.

Commented MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio: "We've had a couple of people ask why re-record a record like 'Battle Hymns' when it's perfect... I didn't say it's perfect, but other people said it's perfect, and we thank you for that. We're not trying to make it better, because it is what it is, but there's a lot of technology now that we didn't have when we made the record and we're gonna take advantage of it to make it as loud as we possibly can. So it won't be better; it'll just be different. And the songs themselves deserve to be recorded again because they're great songs and the fans have actually requested a lot of this to happen. And also, Donnie Hamzik, our original drummer, is back in the band, and he wanted to have another go at it. We're all together and we're gonna have a fucking great time."

brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le studio s'appelle Haus Wahnfried, pour rappel c'est le nom de la villa que Wagner s'est fait construire a Bayreuth :lol:

SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

paraît que la vie est un éternel recommencement
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Joey se prend aussi des vacances en Bulgarie où il rencontré la maire de Sofia dont il ne tarie pas d'éloges et réciproquement! Décidément, après Kavarna et son maire fan de metal qui érige des portraits et statues partout, ainsi que le dernier DVD du Big Four, on parle beaucoup de la Bulgarie en ce moment.
The Mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova, met with MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio in a private session to discuss the great Bulgarian fans and their metal scene.

Joey signed the city's Book of Honor with the following text: "To the beautiful city of Sofia and to the most beautiful mayor I have ever met and in the world"

Joey, who is a great fan of Bulgaria, had been in Sofia for the last several days and wanted to get acquainted with the Mayor of the city. "I'm a real fan and this meeting with you makes me really excited," said Fandakova during her conversation with the bassist in the City Hall. She said that it was important for all cultural happenings in the capital to attract not only visitors from Bulgaria but from other countries as well. "The Bulgarian fans had to travel abroad in previous years. It will be nice if this changes," said Fandakova. The Mayor supported Joey's idea to honor young Bulgarian fan and a friend of the band, Joro Panaiotov, who recently passed away. "I like your country and the people so much, it's a rock country," said Joey. "MANOWAR have the greatest fans here," he added. "We are very excited because we can get involved in the cultural activities of Bulgaria," continued the bassist. He promised to take part in future rock festivals in Sofia.

Fandakova gave DeMaio a plaque, a disc containing Bulgarian folk songs and an album about the old city of Sofia with pictures by Ober Bauer. While in Sofia, Joey also visited the legendary Nu Boyana film studios where the new film "Conan" was recently completed and also where "The Expendables", starring Sylvester Stallone, was filmed.
Eddie's Goat
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par Eddie's Goat »

Ce n'est pas Orson Wells qui réengistrera ses propres chœurs sur Dark Avenger mais Sir Christopher Lee (alias Sarouman, merci Wikipédia).
Joey en a l'air tout enchanté, moi je ne connais pas vraiment sa voix donc je ne dis rien mais le mythe redescend d'un cran tout de même...
Patroclus

Message par Patroclus »

Il a fait des apparitions avec "Rhapsody", dont "The Magic Of The Wizard's Dream", sa voix est très proche d'Orson Wells. :up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Des apparitions rigolotes en vidéo lors du concert au Earthshaker aussi. :D

Le communiqué :
Legendary actor Christopher Lee, who has appeared in such cinematic milestones as "Lord Of The Rings", "Star Wars", "The Man with the Golden Gun" and "Dracula", will make a guest appearance on the re-recorded version of MANOWAR's classic 1982 debut album, "Battle Hymns", which is scheduled for a 2011 release.

Commented the band: "He has played key parts in some of the biggest, most legendary movie franchises of all times. He has played kings, wizards, evil forces and shining knights. He is worshipped by movie and theatre fans all over the world. He speaks multiple languages fluently and is an accomplished singer of opera and metal as well. He has been knighted by the Queen of England and honored with numerous awards. And now, he is joining forces with The Kings Of Metal to rewrite heavy metal history: The legendary Sir Christopher Lee will be the narrating voice on 'Dark Avenger' on 'Battle Hymns 2011'!

"Sir Christopher Lee is a brother of true metal. More details on 'Battle Hymns 2011' coming soon!"
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Les Rhapsody vont être jaloux ! :lol:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Eddie's Goat a écrit :Ce n'est pas Orson Wells qui réengistrera ses propres chœurs sur Dark Avenger mais Sir Christopher Lee (alias Sarouman, merci Wikipédia).
C'est quoi cette histoire? Pourquoi Orson est indisponible?
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

:lol: Il a ete touched by the gods :true:
Eddie's Goat
Stormrider
Stormrider

Je me posais la même question. Et évidemment DeMaio n'y répond pas dans son message.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Des fleurs l'empêchent de sortir de chez lui. :D

La tracklist tant qu'à faire, avec 2 bonus live :
Finally, technology has caught up with MANOWAR's custom-built touring and recording equipment. The band decided that its fans deserved to hear the songs from its debut album, 1982's "Battle Hymns", with the massive sound and production that has become the group's signature over recent years and records.

Due for release at the end of November 2010, "Battle Hymns" will soon be available with the unbridled power of today's technology: "Battle Hymns 2011".

With the decision to reinterpret the music came the need to revisit the famed narration of the legendary Orson Welles. There was only one obvious choice and that was Sir Christopher Lee. Recorded at the famed Abbey Road Studios in London, his own inspired interpretation of the late, great Orson Welles on "Dark Avenger" will be another jewel in the crown of the Kings Of Metal.

MANOWAR bassist and producer Joey DeMaio stated: "My personal admiration for Sir Christopher began many years ago while watching his films. It increased when I was honored to produce him as a singer and as a narrator and we became friends instantly. Immediately after hearing the sheer power and range of his voice I thought I should write a narration; I never imagined we would ever re-record 'Battle Hymns' — but here we are and it is massive."

"Battle Hymns 2011" will feature two never-before-released live versions of "Death Tone" and "Fast Taker" recorded during the band's very first concerts in 1982. These are the rarest bonus materials ever released to date in MANOWAR's career.

"Our fans can be sure that we have squeezed every drop of power into 'Battle Hymns 2011' that today's technology allows," said vocalist Eric Adams.

"Battle Hymns 2011" track listing:

01. Death Tone
02. Metal Daze
03. Fast Taker
04. Shell Shock
05. Manowar
06. Dark Avenger
07. William's Tale
08. Battle Hymn

Bonus Tracks:

09. Death Tone (live)
10. Fast Taker (live)
Patroclus

Message par Patroclus »

Everflow a écrit :Joey se prend aussi des vacances en Bulgarie où il rencontré la maire de Sofia dont il ne tarie pas d'éloges et réciproquement! Décidément, après Kavarna et son maire fan de metal qui érige des portraits et statues partout, ainsi que le dernier DVD du Big Four, on parle beaucoup de la Bulgarie en ce moment.
En fait, le maire de Kavarna est également président du club de foot local et monte des concerts/festivals afin de récolter des fonds pour le club. L'excellente revue "So Foot" en a fait un article ce mois-ci.
Murder-One
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Murder-One »

Marrant que le disque s'appelle Battle Hymns 2011 alors qu'il sort en 2010....

A la fin du dernier communiqué il manque le traditionnel "Hail & Kill - Fuck the World" = un attaché de presse de viré ! :lol:

Une autre vidéo du réenregistrement de Dark Avenger :

et Une petite vidéo relative au concert Unkrainien qui a été annulé :

Eddie's Goat
Stormrider
Stormrider

Everflow a écrit :Des fleurs l'empêchent de sortir de chez lui. :D
J'étais pas sur d'être tombé sur le bon Orson Welles, ba comme ça Joey a une excuse.

Et toujours pas de date officiel de sortie?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ Fin novembre d'après le communiqué, mais rien de bien précis.
Eddie's Goat
Stormrider
Stormrider

Dans un mois quoi... vive la promo de fou. S'ils en vendent 5 000 je suis content pour eux parce que là c'est presque égal au dernier Jorn. :crazy:
Eddie's Goat
Stormrider
Stormrider

26 Novembre il sortira. Je le tiens de la parole des Dieux. ;)
french hmkid
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par french hmkid »

Tony the Tiger a écrit :
Eddie's Goat a écrit :Ce n'est pas Orson Wells qui réengistrera ses propres chœurs sur Dark Avenger mais Sir Christopher Lee (alias Sarouman, merci Wikipédia).
C'est quoi cette histoire? Pourquoi Orson est indisponible?
:lol:
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

Mouahahah j'avais loupé ça :lol: Sinon les vidéos de Joey sont bien, quel homme :amour: :true: =T= Ceci dit j'adore le son de sa basse sur ces vidéos et si ce réenregistrement peut le remotiver à réécrire des VRAIES parties de basse pour les compos futures comme il savait le faire avant bah je suis pour :up:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Répondre