Phil Kennemore (Y&T) 1954-2011

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
papy rock
Caught in a Mosh
Caught in a Mosh

Message par papy rock »

Y&T - Bassist Loses Battle With Cancer

Y&T bassist Phil Kennemore passed away earlier this morning. Phil Kennemore was diagnosed with lung cancer last year in August. Back then his doctors believed the disease to be "treatable", and that he should be back on his feet soon enough.

Y&T vocalist/guitarist Dave Meniketti released the following statement: "It is with profound sadness and disbelief that I tell you that my best buddy for 37 years passed away this morning, January 7, 2011 at 1am at Stanford Hospital. Bravely and steadfastly battling the horrible spectacle of lung cancer, at the end he was surrounded by his family members, and the Y&T family up until his final breath.

R.I.P. Phil Kennemore

All the beautiful things that I could say about my buddy Phil could never be summed up in a short sentence or two, and I promise that I will be back to say so much more about how I feel about him and his talents in due time. But for now, at 3am, after just having returned home from his passing, let me at least put this out there.

Phil Kennemore was not only a sweet and passionate man with his life, friends and family, but as an artist, he also had that rare ability to say what was on his mind with the most eloquent, clever, and to-the-point lyrics, yet could turn it on it's head in a second with some other viewpoint on reality and nail the point dead center. He was able to do what very few can - say the things that others have been thinking, but could never quite seem to put into words. He has always had a keen knack for doing that.

As a musician, with those huge fingers, his bass playing was always loud, strong, and deep, filling the largest or smallest of stages equally.

He had an amazingly strong life force that has influenced everyone who ever had the opportunity to be called a friend of his. I am forever grateful for our lifelong friendship, that was always in place throughout the worst and best of times. I will miss his sense of humor, his amazing wit, but most of all I will always miss not seeing him to my left on the stages I will play from this moment forward.

Yes, he was one of the class guys on this planet, and in this business, and I will always do what I can to spread the legacy of Phil Kennemore across the globe on every stage that I land on.

You know how much I love you Phil, and you knew how much your fans and fellow musicians loved and respected you. There was nothing left unsaid. You had a rich and wonderful life and I can only tell you that I was happy to have been alongside you every step of the glorious way."
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

OK super... 2011 après 2010 donc... :/
Et ca a pas trainé hein... :( :grr:

RIP donc.

Je m'écoutais encore pas mal de YandT en ce début d'année... On écoutait même une compile du groupe pour le 31 décembre...
STEWAN
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEWAN »

putain 5 mois seulement après le diagnostic, terrible :(

superbe message d'amitié, sincère et touchant :,( :bow:

RIP
"We're anti-war, but pro-horror. Standing before the crimson altar, our minds melted as we gazed into the cosmic eye. Now we slay the stages of the universe with heavy riffs, paranoia-inducing trills and '70s fills"

http://templeofperdition.blogspot.com/
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

RIP
il était avec Y&T au Hellfest?
parce que j'en attendais pas grand chose de leur prestation, et ça avait été une des grosses claques de ce hellfest.
Ce qui me fait penser que je n'ai toujours pas pris le dernier album qui est apparemment bien bon!
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

RIP
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Et merde :( rip man :rip:
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

RIP :(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

encore un tribu payé ,ça commence a faire lourd
R.I.P !
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

RIP.
2011 commence bien mal ... :,(
ominergy
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par ominergy »

Putain de crabe .... R.I.P. Phil :,(
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

metal militia a écrit :RIP
il était avec Y&T au Hellfest?
parce que j'en attendais pas grand chose de leur prestation, et ça avait été une des grosses claques de ce hellfest.
Ce qui me fait penser que je n'ai toujours pas pris le dernier album qui est apparemment bien bon!
sale nouvelle :( et oui il était bien au Hellfest, je sais même pas si à l'époque il était au courant qu'il avait le cancer !!! pour la date à Paris qu'ils ont fait en septembre je crois je sais pas si c'était encore lui à la basse, j'y étais pas.
le dernier album vaut vraiment le coup en effet.
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Murder-One
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Murder-One »

Sale news.... RIP !

J'avais jamais vu Y&T en live, et il m'on mis une bonne claque au Hellfest.... une photo !

Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Belle photo ! quelle tristesse quand même... je crois qu'il avait 55 ou 56 ans.
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Wizard
Traveler in Time
Traveler in Time

Message par Wizard »

R.I.P. :(
houguerr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par houguerr »

Rest in peace ... PHIL tu avais l'air tellement en forme au hellfest pourquoi ??? :,( :,(
ride the night like you ride the lightning

Across the rainbow bridge to Valhalla
Odin's waiting for me
Répondre