Voivod - Target Earth

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Mr. Gig a écrit :Je suis loin de connaître toute leur disco, mais je pense que tu peux commencer avec les trois premiers, très agressifs et bruts : "War And Pain" ('84), "Rrröööaaarrr" ('86) et "Killing Technology" ('87), et poursuivre chronologiquement pour bien aborder l'évolution de leurs multiples facettes.

J'avais bien accroché à "Phobos" ('97) aussi, avec lequel j'avais découvert le groupe.
Ouaip ok, merci, les 3 premiers ça sera déjà costaud pour démarrer :)
P'tit Nico
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par P'tit Nico »

Les deux premiers sont un peu trop bruts, moi je commencerais par Killing Technology ou Dimension Hatross.
BLCKME

Message par BLCKME »

le mieux c'est de commencer par un bon live bien rétrospectif, et le top: de découvrir en concert ;)
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Merci Messieurs, j'ai de quoi faire là :)
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

P'tit Nico a écrit :Les deux premiers sont un peu trop bruts, moi je commencerais par Killing Technology ou Dimension Hatross.
Bah, Dimension Hatross est à mon avis plus difficile d'accès que War and Pain. Si celui qui s'initie aime déjà le Thrash brut comme les premiers Destructions, Celtic Frost, Possessed, Bathory, etc, je ne vois pas pourquoi il aurait de la misère. Par contre, je ne connais pas spécifiquement les goûts de BurningDarkness.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Moi j'dirais qu'il faut se les faire dans l'ordre, tranquillement, en passant beaucoup de temps sur chacun. L'un après l'autre.
Il y a de quoi occuper toute une vie avec certains groupes, c'est le cas de Voivod.
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
BLCKME

Message par BLCKME »

une idée de pochette pour le prochain voivod!
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

E-BLAST BLOG - VOIVOD est souvent moins mis en avant que les autres groupes de Thrash ayant commencé leur carrière au début des années 1980. Avec cet article, plongez dans l'ambiance de l'émergence du phénomène Thrash Metal au travers de la lorgnette VOIVOD.

http://www.eblastshop.fr/blog/2013/06/0 ... sh-voivod/
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

Sympas les vidéos, je n'avais jamais vu ! Cet accent québécois, c'est juste evil ! :bang: :bang:
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

Yep, ça donne une vue vraiment fidèle de l'émergence du Thrash. Cool que ça t'ai parlé
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau EP :
Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD have released a new EP, "Kluskap O' Kom". The seven-inch single contains the studio album version of the title track as well as a live version of the same cut.

Check out exclusive colors and packages at CM Distro.

"Kluskap O' Kom" comes off VOIVOD's latest album, "Target Earth", which sold around 1,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD was issued on January 22 via the band's own company, Iron Gang Factory, and Century Media.

VOIVOD's previous album, "Infini", opened with around 840 units back in July 2009.

"Target Earth" was recorded in early 2012 at Pierre Rémillard's (OBLIVEON, CRYPTOPSY, KRISIUN, MISERY INDEX) Wild Studio in a small town called St-Zénon in Quebec, Canada and was mixed by Sanford Parker (PELICAN, NACHTMYSTIUM). The follow-up to 2009's "Infini" contains the band's first music to be written with guitarist Dan Mongrain (MARTYR) following the passing of original axeman Denis "Piggy" D'Amour in 2005. The original art was once again drawn by drummer Michel "Away" Langevin and features color schemes from each one of the band's previous albums.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/voivod ... FzYSZFM.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le clip de 'Kluskap O' Kom' est en ligne :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Yep, il tourne en boucle depuis 2 ou 3 jours, super classe je trouve pour ce genre de vidéo! :bang: :cheers:

Et mon titre favoris de l'album.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sympa le clip.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le groupe était nominé aux récompenses musicales nationales du Canada (Juno), et a finalement été remplacé par un groupe de pop...

Du coup une pétition est en ligne, avec pour intitulé "Voivod Are Metal, The Flatliners Are Not: Fix This Mistake Junos".
In a decision that seems reminiscent of the 1989 JETHRO TULL/METALLICA controversy of the 31st Grammy Awards, Quebecois prog metal pioneers VOIVOD have been left out of the running for a Metal/Hard Music award at the 2014 JUNOs (Canada’s National Music Awards) – instead, a power-pop band from Ontario, called THE FLATLINERS, have received a nomination.

Voivod, formed in the early 1980s in Quebec, are not only considered by most metal-heads to be Canada’s preeminent metal band, but are adored world-wide by rabid fans and critics alike. In 2013, they released their sixteenth album, Target Earth, on Century Media.

The album, fully eligible for a JUNO nomination, has been left out of the race, and, in what seems to be an error or mistake, a band called The Flatliners, a power-pop band from Ontario, have been nominated in the Metal/Hard category for their 2013 album Dead Language.

Enter David Hall... former Juno Metal/Hard judge and owner of Handshake Inc., an independent film and video production company, and record label that specializes in metal music. “When I first read the nominations for the Metal/Hard category, I was like “who the f*ck are The Flatliners,” said Hall from his London, Ontario office, “and more importantly, where the f*ck are Voivod?” The other nominees, all metal bands, are KEN MODE, GORGUTS, ANCIIENTS and PROTEST THE HERO… the other nominee is The Flatliners.

In an effort to draw attention to this error, David Hall has created a petition through Care2, a petition website. The petition is called “Voivod Are Metal, The Flatliners Are Not: Fix This Mistake Junos.” Hall is hoping to receive one-thousand signatures which he will share with board of directors of the JUNOs.

Finally, Hall had this to say regarding the petition: “I have nothing against The Flatliners, I’m sure they are a wonderful band and I wish them no ill will, but they are simply not a metal band. I hope that through this petition I can help raise awareness about what an awesome metal band Voivod are, and perhaps make the Junos aware that a serious error was made.”

Sign the petition at this location.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Un nouveau morceau tiré d'un split à venir avec At the Gates. C'est du Voïvod quoi :amour:

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:up:
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Enfin trouvé un lien qui passe en Allemagne, et comme d'hab... :bave: :bave: :bave:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ep 5 titres à venir :
Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD are planning to release a five-song EP around March 2016, to be followed by a new full-length album later in the year.

VOIVOD singer Denis "Snake" Bélanger told Metal Wani's Owais "Vitek" Nabi in a new interview that "part" of the new EP has already been recorded, with the band approving mixes while on the road in Europe.

Regarding the musical direction of the new VOIVOD material, Snake said [hear audio below): "It's a bit different, I would say. But VOIVOD has always been doing different things each time. But it has its own signature with the new bass player, Rocky [Dominique Laroche]. He brought new elements to it, I think. It's different than [2013's] 'Target Earth' [album], but it's still VOIVOD."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/voivod ... Qqi41fr.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Plus de détails :
Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD, who recently toured Europe as part of the "Deathcrusher 2015" run alongside CARCASS, OBITUARY and NAPALM DEATH, will issue the "Post Society" EP. This special release will be available on digipak CD and as a digital download on February 26 via Century Media Records.

The "Post Society" EP, with artwork by VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin, contains five studio tracks, including the previously released vinyl-only new VOIVOD songs from the split seven-inch EPs with labelmates AT THE GATES and NAPALM DEATH, two brand new songs and a HAWKWIND cover ("Silver Machine"), for a total playing time of 30 minutes.

"Post Society" EP track listing:

01. Post Society
02. Forever Mountain
03. Fall
04. We Are Connected
05. Silver Machine

Langevin commented: "More songs from out in the woods!

"In between tours, we are steadily finding our way through recording the next album at RadicArt studio.

"Many riffs were composed on the bus, but until the North American tour with VEKTOR in 2016, we will spend most of wintertime in Montreal writing another batch of material. Meanwhile, we hope you will enjoy this EP of good old thrash-prog-punk-metal or whatever people want to call VOIVOD nowadays."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/voivod ... M1iZK0I.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un nouveau titre :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cool ce titre. Et ce son de basse :)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le même, en clip :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel EP basé sur une reprise d'un classique de Hawkwind :
Canadian progressive sci-fi metal innovators Voivod will return to Europe one more time in September/October in order to promote their latest mini-CD release entitled Post Society before commencing work on their much anticipated next studio album. In conjunction with the European tour, the band will be releasing another strictly limited 7" EP in order to complete the vinyl-release of the 5 songs featured on Post Society. After having showcased 3 tracks on the split 7" EPs with label-mates At The Gates, Napalm Death and Entombed A.D., the upcoming 7" EP will be entitled Silver Machine and include both the Hawkwind cover-version that serves as its title track as well as the song "Post Society".

Look out for its release on September 29th, 2017 via Century Media Records as well as during Voivod's European tour.

Drummer Michel "Away" Langevin, who once again designed the artwork for Silver Machine checked in with the following update on the band's current activities: "At this moment we are recording demos and writing the conclusion of the next album, while getting ready for the Wings of Metal Festival here in Montreal. Right after this show we will rehearse a couple of new set lists for the upcoming tour. We are really thrilled to go to Europe again this year, to play in some countries we never visited before. In November, after the tour, we will go to RadicArt studio to record the new material, at last...In the meantime, see you on the road!"
Répondre