Jon Oliva (album solo)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Il prévoit de sortir un album solo (pas sous le nom de Jon Oliva's Pain) début 2013 dans lequel il jouerait presque tous les instruments.
JON OLIVA'S PAIN and SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva will release first-ever solo album in early 2013 via AFM Records. Drum recordings for the CD will begin mid-December at the Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida.

Commented JON OLIVA'S PAIN drummer/producer Christopher Kinder: "Jon has assembled a collection of ideas from the past 4-5 years and wants the opportunity to present them as his own work. Jon will be recording nearly all the instrument tracks and vocals himself and also playing drums on several tracks. Once again, I have the honor of recording the bulk of the drum tracks on the new CD, but this record will have been created from start to finish with Jon being completely at the helm."
Il donne aussi quelques infos concernant le prochain Jon Oliva's Pain qui sera double avec un deuxieme cd contenant des morceaux avec des invités, dans l'esprit de Avantasia.
Added Oliva: "I’ve got some weird ideas that I wanna try and I’ve got some time to do it. I don’t want do just 'another' JON OLIVA'S PAIN record. I’ve done four of those already. I wanna do something different. I have some material that I've wanted to put out for a while, that I'll talk with the record company about, maybe putting something out quickly, like in the next four or five months, to give me more time to do this JON OLIVA'S PAIN record. I want the next JON OLIVA'S PAIN CD to be very special. I've got some great friends from other bands that are going to be a significant part of the next JON OLIVA'S PAIN release. We are going to do a killer JON OLIVA'S PAIN record and then an additional bonus CD with guest stars... kind of like the AVANTASIA thing, but not in a story line. [EDGUY and AVANTASIA mastermind] Tobias Sammet does a magnificent job with it, but I don't have that much time to write a whole story, so I'll just have some powerhouse friends from various bands come in and take it over the top."
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Curieux d'entendre son album "solo" :oui:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le premier album de JOP était un peu un album solo aussi, dans l'esprit, du moins c'est le souvenir que j'en ai. Après il souhaite probablement faire un album non metal dans le cas présent.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
BLCKME

Message par BLCKME »

cette fois il utilisera pas de chutes de Chris? :diable:
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Du nouveau à propos du disque 11-titres à paraître sous le nom propre du roi de la montagne, prévu pour le 5 Juin :
JON OLIVA'S PAIN and SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva will release his first-ever solo album on June 5 via AFM Records. The 11-song CD, which contains ideas collected over the course of the last four or five years, was tracked this past winter at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida with producer Tom Morris, with Jon handling laying down nearly all the instrument tracks and vocals himself as well as playing drums on three songs.

Commented JON OLIVA'S PAIN drummer/producer Christopher Kinder: "Oliva will be the first to admit that it took one hell of a challenge writing, performing 90% of all the tracks himself and vocals... he is exhausted, for sure."

He added: "It's a very interesting and powerful offering. Diverse, emotional, and varying styles of writing and music everywhere. A truly great accomplishment for the mountain king, indeed."

Oliva previously stated about his decision to record a solo album: "I've got some weird ideas that I wanna try and I've got some time to do it. I don't want do just 'another' JON OLIVA'S PAIN record. I've done four of those already. I wanna do something different. I have some material that I've wanted to put out for a while, that I'll talk with the record company about, maybe putting something out quickly, like in the next four or five months, to give me more time to do this JON OLIVA'S PAIN record. I want the next JON OLIVA'S PAIN CD to be very special. I've got some great friends from other bands that are going to be a significant part of the next JON OLIVA'S PAIN release. We are going to do a killer JON OLIVA'S PAIN record and then an additional bonus CD with guest stars... kind of like the AVANTASIA thing, but not in a story line. [EDGUY and AVANTASIA mastermind] Tobias Sammet does a magnificent job with it, but I don't have that much time to write a whole story, so I'll just have some powerhouse friends from various bands come in and take it over the top."

Last summer, JON OLIVA'S PAIN toured Europe where it celebrated the 25th anniversary of one of heavy metal's most iconic records, "Hall Of The Mountain King" by SAVATAGE. The band performed the entire album as a special one-time-only treat for the still massive amount of loyal fans, along with songs from the DOCTOR BUTCHER album (by Jon Oliva and Chris Caffery, released in 1995), SAVATAGE and JON OLIVA'S PAIN.

When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Tobias Sammet ! :bave: :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

Guy Carlier a les cheveux long maintenant ? :D
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Jeff Von Dijon
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Jeff Von Dijon »

:bravo: :lol: :up:
Globox666 a écrit :Picoler en écoutant du metal avec le cul qui sent le mixa bébé, ça c'est subversif ! :D
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Et on dit que David Coverdale vieillit mal ...
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Et un entretien avec le maître ici.
Cutter of Envision Radio Networks' "Hangar 19" recently conducted an interview with JON OLIVA'S PAIN and SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below.

Oliva will release his first-ever solo album on June 5 via AFM Records. The 11-song CD, which contains ideas collected over the course of the last four or five years, was tracked this past winter at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida with producer Tom Morris, with Jon handling laying down nearly all the instrument tracks and vocals himself as well as playing drums on three songs.

Commented JON OLIVA'S PAIN drummer/producer Christopher Kinder: "Oliva will be the first to admit that it took one hell of a challenge writing, performing 90% of all the tracks himself and vocals... he is exhausted, for sure."

He added: "It's a very interesting and powerful offering. Diverse, emotional, and varying styles of writing and music everywhere. A truly great accomplishment for the mountain king, indeed."

Last summer, JON OLIVA'S PAIN toured Europe where it celebrated the 25th anniversary of one of heavy metal's most iconic records, "Hall Of The Mountain King" by SAVATAGE. The band performed the entire album as a special one-time-only treat for the still massive amount of loyal fans, along with songs from the DOCTOR BUTCHER album (by Jon Oliva and Chris Caffery, released in 1995), SAVATAGE and JON OLIVA'S PAIN.
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Dave Smallwood a écrit ::lol: :lol: :lol:

Et on dit que David Coverdale vieillit mal ...

Sauf que Oliva ne se la joue pas sex symbol défraichi sur le retour :lol:
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Jon Oliva - Raise the Curtain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Nouvel album pour le sir Oliva avec une pochette pleine de clins d'oeil qui ne nous fera pas cacher notre frustration une fois de plus :
JON OLIVA'S PAIN and SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva will release his first-ever solo album, "Raise The Curtain", on June 5 via AFM Records. The 11-song CD, which contains ideas collected over the course of the last four or five years, was tracked this past winter at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida with producer Tom Morris, with Jon handling laying down nearly all the instrument tracks and vocals himself as well as playing drums on three songs.

"Raise The Curtain" track listing:

01. Raise The Curtain
02. Soul Chaser
03. Ten Years
04. Father Time
05. I Know
06. Big Brother
07. Armageddon
08. Soldier
09. Stalker
10. The Witch
11. Can't Get Away
12. The Truth (bonus track)

Check out the cover artwork below.

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Heu... C'est à la limite du foutage de gueule cette pochette ! :lol:
AUPA BO Image
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

Un tout petit peu ... :mad:
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Disons qu'il a pris aucun risque. :D

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une chanson à mi-chemin entre Savatage, TSO et du rock '70s, vraiment cool je trouve :

kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

j'ai un peu de mal a reconnaître sa voix.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Bien cool cette chanson ! :rock:
La voix est un peu bizarre en effet...
AUPA BO Image
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Je trouve aussi le morceau bien bon :up:
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Everflow a écrit :Disons qu'il a pris aucun risque. :D
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Pareil, je trouve ça bien sympa aussi.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

L'intro m'a immédiatement fait penser à cela :

Je ne connais pas vraiment Oliva et son oeuvre, mais là je trouve qu'il n'a pas vraiment été inspiré.
je vais me faire des ennemis, j'ai écouté avec une oreille candide ...ça s'écoute mais ça fait grosse variétoche.
Pas désagréable au demeurant, mais sur ce morceau précis je trouve qu'il ne s'est pas foulé le monsieur.
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Et ben, je trouve ces extraits vraiment sympas. C'est assez particulier, mais ça le fait bien.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
ead666
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par ead666 »

cd commandé :)

A noter que cet album (quasi tous les instruments ont été joués par Jon Oliva) est composé de chansons dont la très grande majorité des riffs / mélodies avaient été écrits par son frère Chris Oliva et qui figuraient sur des vieilles k7 de Chris que Jon avait gardé. Il s'en est servi de base pour cet album.
Répondre