Reformation de Dark Angel

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Je sais pas si ça vaut le coup de créer un post pour ça, mais je n'ai rien vu, et ça peut intéresser du monde.

Il y a quelques jours, Don Doty a posté ça sur le net.
Just wanted to say thanks to all that left comments. I got to play with some old friends and went through a set. Damn it felt goooood. Shit I'm up for some shows. Lets do this... someone call Jim,Gene,Eric,Mike might be on-board already. YOU HAVE AWOKE THE DARK ANGEL
Hide the woman and children first.
Et vu que Gene bouge toujours un max, sans parler de son apparition avec Death to All, je suis sûr que lui aussi serait chaud au minimum.
Modifié en dernier par Thrashos le 30 août 2013, 09:49, modifié 1 fois.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Au Hellfest l'année prochaine donc. :D
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

Balin a écrit :Au Hellfest l'année prochaine donc. :D
:tusors:
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Hell Bent
Caught in a Mosh
Caught in a Mosh

Message par Hell Bent »

WE HAVE ARRIIIIIIIVED !
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

la version darkness descends donc au hellfest avec l'album jouer en integralité :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Lama of Steel
Captain America version Keep It True

Message par Lama of Steel »

Putain!!!!!!!!!! Ca serait génial de pouvoir dire "Dark Angel have arriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiived!!!!!!!!" All hail Dont Doty :true: :zork: :zork:
Chacal a écrit : je tombe sur Dark Avenger et toi..Toi t'es juste personne en fait, à l'instar de tous les groupes de trve sur lesquels vous vous branlez allègrement. Même les clébards sont plus intelligents que vous, au moins ils ne chient pas où ils dorment. Tes faux semblants tu peux te les foutre au cul. Moi je trouve que t'es qu'un sale con, et je t'emmerde
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Potentiellement une bonne nouvelle. Faut espérer que les autres soient d'accord et que le Doty ait encore de la voix.

Mais en fait, la raison qui fait que le groupe a resplitté ne semble plus être d'actualité vu qu'il y a sur Facebook des photos de Ron Rinehart qui enregistrait le chant pour un projet musical quelconque, donc qu'il était à nouveau en mesure de chanter.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le message de Doty n'est pas très clair, a-t-il joué récemment avec des potes à lui ou avec les autres gars de Dark Angel?
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

C'est là tout le mystère. En tout cas il continue à poster des messages subjectifs sur son Facebook en suggérant que ça risque de se faire.

Par exemple:
Did you miss me? I missed you. More to come...
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

ça ce precise,mais sans Don Doty.je sais pas mais sa sent le coupage d'herbe sous le pied...
Dark Angel Reunite, Begin Work On New Material

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Legendary Los Angeles thrashers Dark Angel have reunited and are in the process of writing material for a possible new album, guitarist Jim Durkin has told Blabbermouth.net.

Three-fifths of the line-up that recorded the acclaimed 1989 CD, Leave Scars — Durkin, guitarist Eric Meyer, and vocalist Ron Rinehart — has teamed up with bassist Jeremy Peto (ex-Morgion) and drummer Al "Mayhem" Mendez to form the latest incarnation of the group, which has already written "some new brutal tunes in the vein of Darkness Descends [the band's classic 1986 effort]," according to Durkin.

When asked about how the reunion came about, Jim said: "I had two songs [that I was working on] — 'Fear of a Dark Horizon' and 'Say It In Blood'. I have a studio at my house and since Eric and Ron are both local, it seemed a shame to not call 'em [and invite them to come down and give it a try]. Of course, they were like, 'FUCK YEAH, let's do it.' Next thing ya know, we're playing most of [the] Darkness...] material, and we said, 'This is [sounding] toooo good not to [pursue a reunion]. We sound good for once.' [laughs] So I then contacted [former drummer] Gene [Hoglan], who is quite busy [and he declined to take part in the reunion]...but we're gonna play no matter what. If it bugs someone [that we're calling this DARK ANGEL without Gene involved] then, oh, well... I want to play these old and new songs I wrote, and if Eric and Ron play on them, they WILL be Dark Angel songs — no way around it. I don't write stuff like [Ron and Eric's previous and current bands] Hunger was, or Oil, or Swine — I write thrash and if [the other] guys are on it, then it's Dark Angel."

Although Hoglan is not currently involved in the reunion, a possibility exists that he may rejoin the group later on once he has fulfilled his recording and touring commitments with Strapping Young Lad.

"It is my hope that Gene will get involved [at some point down the line]," Durkin said, "but since the logistics are not right [at the moment], we plan to carry on with Al [on drums], being that he can play all the Gene stuff and then some with POWER and little effort. However, I have always considered Gene the cornerstone of Dark Angel [so the door is always open for him to get involved if he wants to]. The music is bigger than any one member. [In the meantime], we will do what we can to keep it close to the original line-up."

Current plans call for the reunited band to continue rehearsing and writing material with a view towards playing several live shows in Southern California before the end of the year ("November at the earliest," according to Jim).

"We are doing only early material at this point — We Have Arrived, Darkness Descends-era stuff," Durkin revealed. "A little Leave Scars stuff as well. As we have been playing over the years in other bands, I'd like to think we've improved as musicians and it shows when we play We stepped back in after 13 years an nailed it as if we never parted...but we're still working on it."

:: Discuss This On Our Message Boards ::
:: News Home ::
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

Je vais peut être finalement pouvoir me refaire après ce concert de Dark Angel à l'Arapaho en 1992 auquel je ne suis pas allé en me disant ils repasseront bien l'année prochaine. Ron Rinehart c'est une excellente nouvelle. Apres je suis surpris qu'ils ne reprennent pas leur bassiste Mike Gonzalez qui est actuellement actif dans VIKING.
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

je ne sais pas pourquoi mais je sens que l'on ce dirige vers deux Dark angel,remarque c'est la mode en se moment :D
IALDABAOTH
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par IALDABAOTH »

Je me rappelle d'une interview de Jim DURKIN, il y a 10 ans ou plus, dans laquelle il expliquant qu'il ne pouvait pas envisager de reformer Dark Angel sans Don Doty. Je vais essayer de retrouver ça dans mes archives ou sur le net.

Dans la même interview, il avouait par ailleurs l'influence que SLAYER a eu sur DARK ANGEL (ce que le groupe niait dans les annnées 80 - comme presque toutes les autres formations du même style - je pense à Possessed, et Sacrifice - qui auraient bientôt juré ne jamais avoir écouté Slayer), et il expliquait qu'ils étaient super potes à leurs débuts, allant aux répét des uns et des autres.
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Surtout qu'il me semble que les deux groupes étaient basés à Los Angeles.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Bon maintenant que c'est officiel, la question du batteur persiste. L'avis de Hoglan ici :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gene-h ... t-so-fast/
Six days after it was announced that classic late '80s /early '90s California thrashers DARK ANGEL would reunite for a number of shows next year — including an appearance at the Keep It True XVII festival, set to take place April 25-26, 2014 at Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany — the band's drummer, Gene Hoglan, and vocalist, Don Doty, have released a statement addressing the reunion "rumors" in an attempt to "put any confusion to rest."

Says Gene: "Now that I'm off the road for a few minutes, I'd like to address these DARK ANGEL rumors that are flying around. Yes, we have been talking about doing something next year, and although it looks like possibly some festivals could be in the works, right now it's just speculation.

"Don Doty and myself have been in contact for the first time in many many years, and it's been great to reconnect with my old friend. Fortunately, I've remained great buddies with all the DFA [DARK Fucking ANGEL] guys after all these years, and we do try to stay in contact with each other and see each other when we can, especially since we are all spread out over the Western U.S.

"We are indeed discussing the possibility of a reunion, and yes, the DFA guys are well aware of all of my other commitments, such as TESTAMENT, DETHKLOK and the like. So again, we are moving forward s-l-o-w-l-y, with hopes to getting DARK ANGEL's wings off the ground for festival season in 2014."

Adds Doty: "Members of DARK ANGEL are currently sitting down for talks for a reunion. This will be for the year 2014. All are excited.

"I was talking on a radio show recently and had said that all members would be attending. This statement may have been misunderstood. Myself, Gene, Mike [Gonzales, bass], Eric [Meyer, guitar] and Jim [Durkin, guitar] are talking and when talks are complete, a statement will be given. We will know more in the months to come. We will let you know as it unravels."

Speaking to Uwe Harms of Germany's Radio Gehacktes on August 8, Doty stated: "Mike is still playing with one or two other bands, just as Gene is, but they're gonna go ahead and reschedule with the other bands so they can fit DARK ANGEL in. DARK ANGEL will come first.

"Gene is quite busy, as we all know, and he does have a lot of things going on [including TESTAMENT and DETHKLOK], but seeing this opportunity, he definitely wants to be on board, and he's very excited about this, as I am."

Regarding DARK ANGEL's future plans, Doty said: "We started to book some shows. I'm still waiting for our manager, Rob, to go ahead and see what he has in store for us. We're gonna take it one step at a time. [In addition to the Keep It True], there's gonna be a few other [dates] that are gonna be happening; I can't really release those yet."

Asked what he has been doing since leaving DARK ANGEL in 1987, Doty said: "It's a long story, and at the same time, it's a short one. I basically started a family and showed up to my last show [with DARK ANGEL] and told the guys, 'Hey, look, baby [on the way] and I can't be on the road and do the family thing; it was just too hard for me. There were too many beautiful women in the world and there were too many other opportunities to go off the deep end, and I just could not do that. So with that being said, I took a step back and I told the guys, 'There will be a day and I will come back and we will finish what we started."

DARK ANGEL released two albums with Don Doty on vocals — 1984's "We Have Arrived" and 1986's "Darkness Descends" — before he exited the group and was replaced by Ron Rinehart (after a brief stint with Jim Drabos in 1987). The band issued two more studio LPs — 1989's "Leave Scars" and 1991's "Time Does Not Heal" — before calling it quits in 1992. Rinehart, Hoglan and Meyer reassembled DARK ANGEL more than a decade ago but were forced to abandon their reunion plans after health issues reportedly put an end to Rinehart's singing career.

Doty told Radio Gehacktes that his reasons for wanting to put DARK ANGEL back together are pure. "I'm here for the fans, because they've been there for me and it's their turn," he said. "Let's get back and let's have some fun."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gene-h ... yiiSPMv.99
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

sinon Dave Lombardo est peut être dispo ? :)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Donc en gros il dit qu'il n'a pas le temps à l'heure actuelle, mais que si jamais il en trouve d'ici l'an prochain, il sera de la partie.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

C'est ça. Au départ il disait qu'il n'en ferait pas parti mais plus le temps passe plus ça semble possible, en tout cas sur la nouvelle page officielle du groupe où quand Don Doty en parle, ils semblent aller dans ce sens.
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Un article réunissant plusieurs interviews récentes semble rendre les chose plus qu'incertaines... visiblement à part Doty qui continue à dire que c'est en route à coup sûr et que les dates se bouclent petit à petit, les autres disent seulement qu'ils verront en fonction de ce que donneront les premières répètes et que pour le moment rien n'est officiel (ce qui est donc valable pour le KIT), voir pour certains (Durkin et Rinehart) qui ne sont pas mentionnés dans la reformation, que rien ne se fera sans leur autorisation et que ce ne sera sûrement pas avec Doty au chant. A voir maintenant qui a les droits pour démêler tout ça (et donc rendre les prochains concerts possibles ou non), mais c'est sûrement pas Doty.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dark-a ... he-singer/
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

donc KIT XVII :
- Dark Angel ... :(
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Gene semble quand même chaud après sesdiscussion avec Doty, et Meyer dit pas qu'il est contre, à voir donc... mais bon on va sacrément serrer les fesses.

D'un autre côté il faut pas s'étonner que le KIT annule la moitié des groupes prévus à la base chaque année, ils les confirment avant même que les contrats arrivent aux mecs (comme c'est le cas ici, ou avec Toxik, je pense pas que ce soit les seuls) et annoncent des reformations sur la seule base d'une discussion avec un ex-membre de groupes n'ayant pas joués depuis plus de 20 ans, visiblement sans chercher à en parler avec d'autres...
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

putain,je pensais le staff du KIT bien plus serieux que ça.
apres peut être ne pourront ils pas simplement jouer sous le nom "dark angel" ?
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

ça va finir avec le groupe "DARKNESS DESCENDS" qui va jouer ... :lol:
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Entre les groupes à la Masters of Metal et le passé du fest à ce sujet, c'est exactement ce que je me suis dit... on verra bien quoi.
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

olivier64 a écrit :ça va finir avec le groupe "DARKNESS DESCENDS" qui va jouer ... :lol:
voire Don doty + roxxcalibur.... :hum:
Répondre