Allen Lanier (Blue Oÿster Cult)

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Tony_M
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Tony_M »

Founding Blue Oyster Cult keyboardist and guitarist Allen Lanier has died at the age of 66 after being hospitalized with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, according to the band’s official Facebook page . “DFTR sweet man,” the post reads, in apparent reference to their hit ‘Don’t Fear the Reaper.’ “We love you and miss you.”

Apart from a two year absence in the ’80s, Lanier was with B.O.C. from their inception in 1967 until his retirement in 2006. He co-wrote several songs for the group, including ‘True Confessions ,’ In Thee ,’ ‘Tenderloin ,’ and ‘Lonely Teardrops .’ In November 2012 he rejoined his former bandmates on stage for the last time at a special New York concert commemorating the release of a career-spanning box set.

According to WebMd , Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a lung disease that restricts breathing, “caused by damage to the lungs over many years, usually from smoking.”

B.O.C. singer Eric Bloom paid tribute to his friend on his own Facebook page . Here is that statement in full:

“My great friend Allen Lanier has passed. I’ll miss the guy even though we hadn’t spoken in awhile. He was so talented as a musician and a thinker. He read voraciously, all kinds of things, especially comparative religion. We drove for years together, shared rooms in the early days. We partied, laughed, played. All BOC fans and band members will mourn his death. Ultimately smoking finally got to him. He had been hospitalized with C.O.P.D. It was Allen who heard some old college band tapes of mine and suggested I get a shot as the singer in 1968. A lot of great memories, over 40 years worth. Maybe he’s playing a tune with Jim Carroll right now.”
RIP :,(
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

RIP :,(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Allen Lanier (Blue Oyster Cult) 1946-2013

Message par Mr. Sandman »

A l'âge de 67 ans, des suites d'une maladie pulmonaire obstructive chronique... :(

BLUE ÖYSTER CULT guitarist/keyboard player Allen Lanier passed away today (August 14th) of chronic lung disease.

The band have issued the following statement:

"We have extremely sad news to report. We’ve lost our friend and bandmate Allen Lanier. Allen succumbed to complications from C.O.P.D. He is survived by his wife Dory, sister Mary Anne and mother Martha. Although he retired from touring in 2006 Allen returned to the stage for what turned out to be his final appearance, reuniting with B?C at the 40th Anniversary show in New York this past November. DFTR sweet man. We love you and miss you."

Frontman/guitarist Eric Bloom added: "My great friend Allen Lanier has passed. I'll miss the guy even though we hadn't spoken in awhile. He was so talented as a musician and a thinker. He read voraciously, all kinds of things, especially comparative religion. We drove for years together, shared rooms in the early days. We partied, laughed, played. All BOC fans and band members will mourn his death. Ultimately smoking finally got to him. He had been hospitalized with C.O.P.D. It was Allen who heard some old college band tapes of mine and suggested I get a shot as the singer in 1968. A lot of great memories, over 40 years worth. Maybe he's playing a tune with Jim Carroll right now."

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

REST IN BLUE :rip:
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

:(
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

RIP

Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

RIP, un élément essentiel du son de la grande époque du BOC.
workflame90
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par workflame90 »

RIP :( :,(
J'ai mis un com sur facebook y à un hommage pour Allen :bravo: :bow:
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

:rip: :(
ImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quelle tristesse... et dire que la veille j'écoutais justement une de ses chansons en me disant que c'était pas assez reconnu dans le répertoire du groupe. :(

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

:,( :,( :,(
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Répondre