Anthrax - For All Kings

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

2015-03-06 - ANTHRAX have teamed up with producer Jay Ruston and the team are currently holed up in a studio in Los Angeles recording the follow-up to the band's 2011 Grammy-nominated and critically-acclaimed album, "Worship Music".

The band — Charlie Benante (drums), Frank Bello (bass), Joey Belladonna (vocals), Scott Ian (guitar) and Jon Donais (guitar) — has been writing and demoing new songs over the past few months and plan to continue recording for the next several weeks. The as yet untitled album, the band's eleventh full studio collection, is set for a release in 2015.

A new video clip of ANTHRAX laying down tracks for the new albun can be seen here:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un titre dévoilé pour Game of Thrones :

"Soror Irrumator", ANTHRAX's contribution to the the second installment of "Catch The Throne: The Mixtape", for HBO's Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning series "Game Of Thrones", is available for streaming at SoundCloud.com.

Building on the success of Volume I — with over 2.5 million streams to date — that attracted hip-hop and reggaeton fans alike, "Volume II" of "Catch The Throne: The Mixtape" also features MASTODON, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, MUSHROOMHEAD, Method Man, Snoop Dogg and Yandel. The mixtape was released in anticipation of the season 5 debut of "Game Of Thrones", airing April 12 on HBO.

Produced by Launch Point Records, the 15-song mixtape features diverse artists representing "Game Of Thrones" families, leveraging themes and highlights from season 4. Showcasing the importance of music in "Game Of Thrones", each song on the mixtape samples music from the show's season 4 soundtrack. This year's mixtape also weaves in the overarching theme of fire and ice, providing listeners with an exciting lineup of heavy metal and hip-hop artists.

Scott Ian, founding member of ANTHRAX, told Finland's Kaaos TV: "[Our contribution to the mixtape] was a song we had already written [for our next studio album]. We didn't have time to start writing something brand new from scratch. We listened to all the material we had and made the decision. That one just… We all thought the same thing. Everybody listened to the demos and we all had the same idea that this one demo just sounded like that should be the song for 'Game Of Thrones', so it was a pretty easy decision. The lyrics weren't written yet, though — we only had the music — so then [the show producers] said you have to pick something about the show to write about. And I got to write about exactly what I wanted to write about [the Lannister family], so I was very happy about that."

He continued: "It was a really fun thing for me to do, because I'm such a massive fan of the show. So are Charlie [Benante, drums] and Frankie [Bello, bass] — they're really big fans. So it was just something really exciting that we got the call to do that. And we were, like, 'Yeah!' A lot of times you get calls for things, and it's kind of, like, 'Naaahhh. Just say no.' But this we were very excited about."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/anthra ... 8Fl7A7d.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

En attendant le nouveau disque, "Spreading the Disease" va être ré-édité pour ses 30 ans.

A priori pas de remastering mais un CD bonus qui contient notamment 8 titres enregistrés en 1987 lors du premier concert japonais du groupe.

Le détail de la ré-édition : http://anthrax.com/30th-anniversary-edi ... -nov-20th/
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Voilà le premier extrait du prochain album :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

:beurk:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

ça me rappelle le vieux anthrax il y a de l energie apres ca reste du anthrax pas fan des leads mais ca reste correct
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

Thrashos a écrit ::beurk:
:beurk: :beurk: :beurk: :beurk:
kingdavid of steel a écrit :
Pierre a écrit :Mais si on n'achète pas, qui va ramener le rock'n'roll en France ? :diable:
Demis Roussos !!!
metallian
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metallian »

Du bon vieil Anthrax, pas transcendant mais pas mal, a voir si le reste monte en puissance :bang:
ImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Surproduit, ça manque trop de feeling, compo un peu stérile même. Mais l'intensité est certainement au RDV, tout comme le message.
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Voila j'ai trouve c est un remix de states of euphoria face b un truc dans le genre :diable:
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

C'est un single, donc je n'ai pas d'avis ! Mais c'est clair que c'est surproduit.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le disque s'intitulerait "For All Kings" et est prévu pour mars.
According to Johann Stepien of LoudTV.net, ANTHRAX has set "For All Kings" as the title of its long-awaited new album, due in March 2016 via Megaforce in North America and Nuclear Blast in Europe. The information was revealed during a private listening session for the CD on October 26 in Paris, France.
Les attentats de Charlie Hebdo ont notamment inspiré les textes de 'Evil Twin' :
"I was very affected by the Charlie Hebdo massacre as I have been with all of the shootings that have taken place at schools and movie theatres," said ANTHRAX's lyricist Scott Ian. "I can't figure out what would cause someone to think that was the right thing to do. 'I'll show the world, I'll make my God happy.' It's just such bullshit. I'm not bagging on religion, that's not my intent, but people who go to that extreme, who feel they have become judge, jury and executioner over their fellow man because you or I don't believe the same thing they do, I think that's the 'Evil Twin' of humanity. Writing words about that is my only catharsis."

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Ca sert a quoi ? :crazy:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A faire des posts. :D

De son côté, John Bush explique que les problèmes de management et de fric ont participé à son départ du groupe, et qui continuent à lui peser, on peut lire pas mal de choses entre les lignes.
Speaking about disagreements about money and finances that can often lead to strained relationships between bandmates, Bush, who recently released a new album with ARMORED SAINT, said: "I'm gonna go out on a limb right here and just tell you that my other band I was in [ANTHRAX], they've had a lot of — a lot — of accounting and management issues that were affecting me personally. [Former ANTHRAX guitarist] Dan Spitz has an issue with the band. And I don't know Dan at all… Well, I know him a little bit. But he feels like he hasn't paid by the band. And the dude made seven records with ANTHRAX. And the dude should be paid on those records that he made with the band. And I think he was getting burnt. And there were some accounting issues, and the accountant… There was beef with accountants."

He continued: "I probably shouldn't be saying this, but I'm saying it. It's, like, I'm out there signing ANTHRAX records I made. I just wanna be paid for the records [that were] made and sold. And it gives me pride in those records. And then when you don't [get paid for your contributions], you become very bitter about it, and it's not cool."

Bush added: "I'm super proud of all the music I made in ANTHRAX, I just wanna be paid for it, quite frankly… I don't even get statements, man. It was a pain in the butt. We're going through it right now. We're ironing it out. There's a new accounting company, and they seem to be on the up and up now."

According to Bush, ANTHRAX's many changes in management, record labels and accountants have resulted in him having to chase down the money that he is owed, leaving a bad taste in his mouth.

"I've been paid, I just… I haven't been paid consistently and not updated," he explained. "There was an issue again with the accountant that the band used to have for years and years, and then I guess there was a falling out there. Those things seem to happen a little more often with ANTHRAX than maybe the average band. But it's something that, again, you just wanna feel good about the music that you've made. And, you know, every day that I probably am out here [on the road] promoting [ARMORED SAINT's latest album] 'Win Hands Down', somebody might go buy an ANTHRAX record. So I'm continuously selling my old records with ANTHRAX by just doing this."

He continued: "It's all good. We'll work it out — I hope. It's been a little frustrating. And I'm sure it's been way more frustrating for Dan. Again, I don't know him that well, but he's had some problems. And Dan was on all those classic '80s albums. He was a founding member of the band."

Bush went on to say that there are no money disagreements in ARMORED SAINT, the band he co-founded with his childhood friends Joey Vera (bass), Gonzo Sandoval (drums) and Phil Sandoval (guitar).

"Luckily, ARMORED SAINT and Metal Blade [ARMORED SAINT's record label], we're pretty close and there's a lot of comfort in knowing that they're doing things right," he said. "Tracy Vera is the president [of Metal Blade], who is Joey's [Vera, ARMORED SAINT bassist] wife, so I think she probably… We probably benefit more than would not benefit in our situation. We purchase records and then we sell them on the road, and we make some money from that, and that's great. You're actually making money from your records, which, that wasn't the case back in the day — certainly not in the '80s. So there's a way to do it. You just have to be savvy."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/john-b ... 5CiICQX.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le visuel de l'album :

Pierre Desproges
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Sympa! :)
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

carrément! :up: :) :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Pour "Evil Twin", on retrouve l'esprit incisif de Scott Ian dans les lyrics. Après tout, un musicien peut aussi faire passer un message auprès d'un public assez large, se montrer concerné, c'est ce que je trouve positif dans ce morceau. Sinon, musicalement, c'est un peu lourdaud surtout pour les lignes de chant.
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Toutes les éditions :

over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

Anthrax eux comment dire ...........
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nettement meilleur que le précédent extrait pour moi (beaucoup plus soft aussi) :

STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Tout à fait. Un morceau qui "porte vers le haut" : la mélodie vocale de Belladonna, et le riff très bien posé. Je préfère ça au côté sombre du groupe, un peu trop présent dans "Worship Music".
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Mouai, du coup je trouve un peu nian nian quoi! :euh:

En tout cas je sais pas ce que amazon fait avec cet album, car je l'avais déjà pré-commandé, et il m'écrive pour me dire que ma commande est annulée car ils sont en rupture de stock... :crazy:
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

La sortie de l'album est prévue demain, je croyais aujourd'hui, enfin on est pas à un jour prés :P le dernier single "breathing lightning" donne envie d'en savoir plus le chant est vraiment bien posé et mélodique, d'autant que leur nouveau soliste semble avoir des trucs à dire...Il m'avait bien impressionné en live en 2013 apparemment c'est toujours lui :)
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Répondre