Leprous (dark metal prog, Norvège)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Le nouvel album des Norvégiens, "Coal", est prévu pour le 20 Mai prochain.

Un premier extrait, "Chronic", ici.

Norwegian progressive metallers LEPROUS will release their new album, "Coal", on May 28 in North America (May 20 in Europe) via InsideOut Music. The cover artwork for the CD was created by acclaimed American artist Jeff Jordan, who produced the artwork for the band's last album, "Bilateral", in addition to working with THE MARS VOLTA.

Comments LEPROUS: "The artwork for this album was a hard nut to crack. We wanted something dark, melancholic but with a distinct character. We tried several solutions without finding the perfect supplement for the music, before we decided to contact Jeff Jordan once again. Jeff immediately had wonderful ideas that we decided to pursue. The artwork of 'Coal' is, in [our] opinion, the most iconic we've had so far."

LEPROUS has just finished filmed a video for the track "The Cloak" and, most suitably for the album's theme, the clip was shot in a mine.

Says the band: "We spent one very long day inside the Konnerud Hill Mines here in Norway, getting some very interesting footage. The video, just like the clip for 'Restless' on our previous album, was made by Twichty Films, but we promise you no fish or cake was harmed this time around. A dark, moist atmosphere, far into the deep..."

LEPROUS singer / synth-player Einar Solberg comments about the song as follows:
"We're delighted to finally be able to give you the first taste of our upcoming album "Coal"! "Coal" is a melancholic, soulful and very dynamic album. Where "Bilateral" was playful and "in-your face", "Coal" is subtle and floating. "Chronic" however, is of the more dynamic songs of the album. With a heavy basis, the song pinches a nerve Leprous has never before explored."

LEPROUS will perform at various prominent summer festivals (Wacken Open Air, Hellfest, Tuska, etc.) and headlining a European tour from September to November 2013 to promote "Coal".

"Coal" was produced with Heidi Solberg Tveitan & Vegard Tveitan of Mnemosyne and Jens Bogren & Tony Lindgren at Fascination Street Studios (Opeth, Symphony X, Kreator) mixed/mastered the album.

More details about "Coal" will be revealed soon...

LEPROUS Line-Up:
(pictured from left to right)
Tor Oddmund Suhrke - guitar
Øystein Landsverk - guitar
Einar Solberg - synth/vocals
Tobias Ørnes Andersen - drums

LEPROUS online:
http://www.leprous.net
http://www.facebook.com/leprousband
http://www.myspace.com/leprousband
http://www.youtube.com/leprouschannel
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
DavidHasselhofSteel
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par DavidHasselhofSteel »

Excellent !
Ils passent en Novembre, a ne pas louper !!
"We don't play Thrash Metal, it's for fucking wimps"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Je sais pas si ça intéresse grand monde donc je laisse au sein de ce sujet, mais le nouvel album arrive en mai :
Norwegian progressive act Leprous has wrapped up work on a newest studio album, which follows 2013's acclaimed "Coal" release. The album will be titled "The Congregation" and is to be released on May 25th, 2015 in Europe and June 2nd, 2015 in North America via InsideOutMusic.

Vocalist and keyboard player Einar Solberg has checked in on the album: "This has without doubt been the most challenging album to write so far, if you count the amount of hours, blood, sweat and tears behind it. Which makes me extra proud to just have delivered the master of what I consider to be the most daring, technical, fresh and mature album we've ever done. The music of The Congregation is mostly written by me on my computer, so that this time around I could use my ears instead of my knowledge as the main writing tool. If you use your knowledge and your usual methods to write every album, you will eventually find yourself stuck in a quagmire of old habits. Lyrically The Congregation covers the dangers and consequences of blindly following the flow, thus the album title will speak for itself."

The band recorded the drums, guitars and bass for the album in Sweden's Fascination Street/Ghostward Studios with David Castillo (Katatonia, Opeth) and the vocals together with Heidi Solberg Tveitan & Vegard Tveitan at Mnemosyne Studios in Norway. Just like the preceding albums "Bilateral" and "Coal," "The Congregation" was mixed by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (Opeth, Symphony X, Kreator).
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le visuel et tracklist dévoilés :

Mélange de déformation et perturbation d'après le groupe.

Les titres : 1. The Price - 2. Third Law - 3. Rewind - 4. The Flood - 5. Triumphant - 6. Within My Fence - 7. Red - 8. Slave - 9. Moon - 10. Down - 11. Lower

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le premier extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un DVD à présent.
'tain ils rigolent pas les gars, y'a du niveau, je connaissais à peine et je suis assez impressionné par le style original et l'atmosphère. Pas étonnant qu'Isahn les ait choisis pour son groupe live.
A few weeks ago, acclaimed progressive Norwegians Leprous unveiled the very first video off their first live DVD, for the track "Slave". Now comes the second video, and it's the second song off their latest album, The Congregation, "Third Law". Feast your eyes and ears, and enjoy yet another teaser of Live At Rockefeller Music Hall.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

avec Ihsahn invité sur scène, violoniste et deux batteurs, titre ultra intense!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le prochain est pour fin août :
Leprous has announced today the title and release date of their upcoming album. To follow the acclaimed The Congregation record, released two years ago, the Norwegian proggers will unleash the fifth studio album, Malina, on the 25th August 2017 via Inside Out Music. To coincide with this, they also announced an extensive European tour with special guests, Iceland's Agent Fresco, plus Australia's Alithia and fellow Norwegians Astrosaur. See the album cover art by Corey Meyers below.

Following a successful European tour as support to label-mates Devin Townsend, the band started the recordings. Front-man and keyboard player Einar Solberg comments: "This album is the perfect example of how you can start with a vision and end up with a result that has nothing to do with the original idea. The writing of the album started out with the idea to perfect the sound and working method we began with on The Congregation. While the writing process was actually pretty similar (30 sketches, elimination process etc etc) we gradually started noticing stuff with the sound and the songwriting on the previous album that we wanted to sound different. Gradually we realized what needed to be done. This album needs to sound more alive, more organic and more dynamic."

The band entered the studio with David Castillo at Ghostward in Sweden, while mixing duties were once again taken care of by Jens Bogren. "David immediately understood where we wanted to go. We spent probably 4 times as many days in the studio as with any other recording we've done, for we've come to learn that if you want to sound unique that is primarily done during recordings, not the mix. We wanted it to sound like it sounded. We did not want to 'digitalize' the sound."

"We feel with Malina that we've managed to achieve a natural sounding organic album with great songs that still sounds modern. Organic doesn't necessarily equal 'retro'. While we still very much sound like Leprous, I believe that with this album we more accurately define as a rock band than a metal band. We're insanely proud of this album, and can't wait to share it with you all."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Grosse évolution au programme, ça va râler :D
Pas de metal dans ces extraits, un son rock organique, un p'tit côté pop tout en restant complexe, fouillé, sombre... ce qui me rappelle un peu l'évolution de Pain of Salvation il y a quelques années.

A première écoute j'aime, surtout le premier au chant excellent!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une inédite qui n'était pas sur l'album :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Leprous (dark metal prog, Norvège)

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album.
“Pitfalls”, to be released October 25th, was once again recorded with David Castillo at Ghostward Studios (Opeth, Katatonia), but this time mixed by Adam Noble (Placebo, Biffy Clyro, Nothing But Thieves, Deaf Havana). The cover artwork is a painting by Indonesian artist Elicia Edijanto.

The album will be available as limited Mediabook CD with two bonus tracks, as Standard Jewelcase CD and as Gatefold 2LP on 180gr. vinyl (On black vinyl and various limited coloured editions) with the album on CD as bonus and an Etching on the D-Side.

The album’s regular track-listing reads as follows:

LEPROUS – “Pitfalls”
Track-listing:
1. Below
2. I Lose Hope
3. Observe The Train
4. By My Throne
5. Alleviate
6. At The Bottom
7. Distant Bells
8. Foreigner
9. The Sky Is Red

LEPROUS vocalist and keyboardist Einar Solberg checked in with the following comment about the upcoming album: "We're incredibly proud to announce "Pitfalls"! It's the album no-one is expecting from Leprous. When you think you know where it's headed, you'll realize that you're wrong. It's not only by far the biggest production and musical departure we've done, but the also most personal and honest. The album has been written through one of my toughest years, where I struggled with depression and anxiety. No filters, no metaphors, just the truth. They say that writing music is therapeutic. but I would say that it's an understatement. For me "Pitfalls" is the result of 1,5 years of learning how to get through the dark tunnel. The music has been my torch."
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Jolie pochette, vraiment dans l'esprit du groupe. Par contre je ne suis vraiment pas fan du premier titre proposé.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

C'est pas mal je trouve, la voix du chanteur est chouette, mais il manque quelque chose, des sons de grattes plus tranchants à mon avis.
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Perso je suis vraiment enthousiasmé et j'espère que l'album sera aussi puissant émotionnellement.
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Nouveau titre :
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Je suis vraiment conquis par la voix du chanteur, il met pas mal de nuances à ce niveau et ça rend bien. Sur ce titre j'aurais toutefois aimé que les grattes viennent plus tôt, même de manière retenue. Ceci dit, comme mon quota de chèques culture arrive, je vais penser à ce groupe. :up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est une orientation clairement moins axée guitares pour l'instant, et sans doute encore un album pas vraiment metal, pas que ça me dérange en soi.

Einar Solberg est pour moi un des tous meilleurs chanteurs du genre actuellement, si ce n'est le meilleur, en tout cas avec une profondeur et une sensibilité rares.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est beau.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Superbe, la progressivité du titre est parfaite. :up:
Modifié en dernier par demes le 02 nov. 2019, 19:29, modifié 1 fois.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est sombre.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Surtout sur le dernier tiers du morceau je trouve. Sinon je ne suis pas très fan des rythmes saccadés comme ça... Ceci dit certains arrangements sont sympas, et puis la voix de Solberg bien sûr.
Et ça ne m'a pas empêché de passer commander l'album en digipack en rentrant du déménagement d'un copain. :bang:
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Je viens d'écouter l'album, c'est une petite merveille. :up:

Bien qu'il soit assez long je ne l'ai pas vu passer. :) Il est d'une maitrise impressionnante, du début à la fin. La voix exceptionnelle de Solberg (oui je sais je me répète, mais franchement il me scotche) est, en plus de ce qu'en a dit Everflow, d'une précision chirurgicale, il a dû faire de la chorale pour atteindre un tel niveau. Le champ musical est très large et pourtant très cohérent, il y a une recherche de sonorités que j'ai trouvé fort poussée et qui me fait penser à Kate Bush. Et je ne parle pas de la prod... L'envie d'atteindre la perfection est évidente, et cet album s'en donne clairement les moyens. J'en ai même revu mon appréciation de "The Sky Is Red" posté ci - dessus, c'est en l'écoutant dans le cadre de l'album qu'il prend toute sa saveur, pris de manière isolée il perd de son sens musical je trouve.
Je terminerai en précisant que l'"inédit" "Golden Prayers" posté en écoute plus haut est un des deux titres bonus de la version digipack que j'ai, l'autre étant "Angel", une reprise de Massive Attack (ça ne m'étonne pas tiens).

Bref comme le dernier Soilwork cet album est ce que j'ai écouté de meilleur ces derniers mois. :up:
Répondre