Demons & Wizards (Hansi Kürsch + Jon Schaffer)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les 2 compères ont réactivé leur fameux projet, dont le deuxième album date de 2005. Faudra pas être trop pressé a priori. :D
Riff master Jon Schaffer, more known for his work in Iced Earth, has confirmed that he and vocalist Hansi Kürsch from Blind Guardian are working on a new Demons And Wizards album. The band released two albums so far, 1999's self-titled and later Touched By The Crimson King in 2005. The good news is that they are writing new songs but it might take some time to complete.

In a brand new interview with Metal Wani, Jon Schaffer confirmed that songwriting sessions have officially begin, but "it's gonna take some time. [Hansi] did work up two songs that I sent him of vocal melodies and cadences and I still have to fly him into the sessions and move him around and experiment with him and stuff and see how it's feeling," he said. "We're gonna take our time, but at least now we're actually doing it. So I would hope that next year we'll have it out. I hope that we can get the songwriting all dialed in in this calendar year in between the holes — he's busy, I'm busy — but at least we're actually moving forward with it for the first time in twelve years or whatever."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

J'attends avec impatience depuis 2005
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Ah cool, j'aime bien les deux albums!!! :bang: :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mordor a écrit :J'attends avec impatience depuis 2005
Beaucoup de patience quand même, depuis 12 ans :D
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

Mc Brain a écrit :Ah cool, j'aime bien les deux albums!!! :bang: :bang:
Autant le premier est génial, autant je trouve "Touched by the crimson king" inintéressant, plat , nul, etc....... :)
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Stéphane a écrit :
Mc Brain a écrit :Ah cool, j'aime bien les deux albums!!! :bang: :bang:
Autant le premier est génial, autant je trouve "Touched by the crimson king" inintéressant, plat , nul, etc....... :)
Exactement.
Le premier c'est une bombe, un des meilleurs albums des années 2000. Le 2eme en comparaison... :non: Donc que peut il en être tant de temps après :help:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Je préfère largement le premier en effet, mais j'apprécie également le second qui est en effet plus posé et moins marquant. :)
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Apparemment ça avance (un peu) :
ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has confirmed that he will spend some time later this year working on material for the long-awaited third album from DEMONS & WIZARDS, his side project with BLIND GUARDIAN frontman Hansi Kürsch.

DEMONS & WIZARDS was launched in 1997 and has released two full-length albums so far: 2000's self-titled effort and 2005's "Touched By The Crimson King". The latter was partially based on the "The Dark Tower" series of books (written by Stephen King) in which the Crimson King is the main antagonist.

Schaffer touched upon DEMONS & WIZARDS' future plans while speaking to Capital Chaos TV about ICED EARTH's current record-label situation, having completed the latter band's deal with Century Media with the release of last year's "Incorruptible" album.

Asked how ICED EARTH intends to release its next disc, Schaffer said: "I haven't made a decision on that yet. There's a lot of labels that are interested, and we're looking at different business models, but there's no hurry for ICED EARTH to rush into anything. It's gonna be a while before we do a new record, 'cause this is so new. And the next thing on my docket is DEMONS & WIZARDS anyway, so that's coming later in the year — that's gonna be the focus of the creative energy this year. So we've got plenty of time. We're talking to some labels and looking at different options, but there's nothing set in stone yet."

Last summer, Kürsch told That Drummer Guy that songwriting sessions for the follow-up to "Touched By The Crimson King" had already begun, but that he and Jon had to take a break while they were both busy with their main acts. "Once he's finished with his touring for ICED EARTH, I'm pretty sure we will spend some very realistic and very valuable time together either finishing the songwriting of DEMONS & WIZARDS or even doing the whole production," Hansi said. "That depends. Usually we're very quick once we're together. And it's just great to work with such a gifted person which I call a very, very close friend of mine."

As for what fans can expect from the next DEMONS & WIZARDS album, Hansi told That Drummer Guy: "You will be surprised, I'm sure. These first two [songs] we've worked on, they are quite interesting. I'm really looking forward to spend some more time and getting deeper into the subject. Because even though ICED EARTH and BLIND GUARDIAN are quite similar in many ways, Jon and I are, songwriting-wise, different persons and by coincidence and pure luck and probably by friendship, the chemistry is pretty good once we are together. And what comes out is a blend of these two bands, which [one] would expect, but there's something more. And I like to go for this something more."

Hansi also sounded very optimistic about the possibility of DEMONS & WIZARDS live performances in support of the upcoming album. He said: "That really depends on how fast we are with BLIND GUARDIAN, obviously, and how the schedules will be worked out. But it would be a shame not to do so, at least being on the road for a festival season and doing some smaller club shows, for example, just in between… There should be a gap, and we are working on this gap. It would be a waste not to do so."

According to Kürsch, the main motivation for him and Schaffer to work on new DEMONS & WIZARDS material and prepare for possible live shows is "the need to do so and for the fun to do so. And this is always a very good starting point. We don't have to do it, there is no pressure behind us in doing so," he said. "Obviously, there can't be any pressure, because the last album is, I think, twelve years old already. And we just did some minimal touring for the first album and did not even do any proper touring for the second album. So I could imagine that just the performance will be so different from what either BLIND GUARDIAN or ICED EARTH is doing that this might attract a lot of people. I'm curious myself to figure out what we would come up with this time, because there's a long time between our last show which we played together, which is probably seventeen years ago, eighteen years. And we have to find the right people and the right moment, but the whole thing, once it is built up, will be, I think, very skillful."
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Un peu ? Non :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Demons & Wizards (Hansi Kürsch + Jon Schaffer)

Message par Everflow »

Désormais on peut dire que ça s'annonce, sortie début 2020. Les 2 premiers vont être réédités auparavant.
Century Media Records has announced the signing of DEMONS & WIZARDS to a worldwide deal.

Founded in 1999 by Hansi Kürsch (BLIND GUARDIAN) and Jon Schaffer (ICED EARTH), DEMONS & WIZARDS released two highly acclaimed albums, 1999s' "Demons & Wizards" and 2005's "Touched By The Crimson King". The band is currently recording its as-yet-untitled third studio LP, which is scheduled to be released in early 2020.

Kürsch comments: "It is a great pleasure and a big honor for me to finally become a full part of the Century Media family. Jon and I both feel that Century Media is the perfect match for our upcoming DEMONS & WIZARDS missions. And there will be plenty of them.

"Right at the moment, we have not only finalized a re-boot of our first two albums, but are also working with full forces on the successor of 'Touched By The Crimson King'. Good things are on its way. Expect nothing but the best and do not miss us on the road this summer, unless you want to risk another 20 years of waiting."

Philipp Schulte of Century Media Records adds: "To say that we are stoked to be finally working with Hansi and Jon on a new DEMONS & WIZARDS album would be an understatement.

"This is a very important signing to the label: A top-tier metal band and a great addition to the label’s roster.

"The fans have been patiently waiting for DEMONS & WIZARDS’ return. And now the time is near!

"We start our cooperation by re-releasing the band's two classic albums, before they are conquering the festival stages all across Europe. And then, in the beginning of 2020, after 15 years of waiting, DEMONS & WIZARDS will finally return with a new studio album. It is time to hoist the sails for the storm to come. Welcome aboard!"

Prior to the release of the new studio album, Century Media will release DEMONS & WIZARDS' first two albums as reworked special editions. Remastered by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (ICED EARTH, QUEENSRŸCHE, SANCTUARY), these two releases will be out on June 7 as limited-edition digipak and limited deluxe 2LP releases with bonus material and liner notes by both members.

On March 29, the digital standard versions of the remastered albums will be made available in order to promote the band's festival run in Europe.

Schaffer spoke about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the follow-up to "Touched By The Crimson King" during a December 2018 appearance on the ICED EARTH-centric podcast "Podcast In Stone". He said: "I have written some of the best instrumental pieces in my entire career in the last few weeks, and I'm very, very excited to hear what Hansi does on top of these things. So, the feeling is really good. He's very into what I sent him.

"We had three songs going that we started working on a few years ago, but everything got busy for me with ICED EARTH and him with BLIND GUARDIAN," Jon continued. "But I'm stoked with the stuff that I've written — I mean, very, very happy. We're gonna be taking people on a journey, man — for sure."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Issu du remaster/remix :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Idem :

En studio pour le nouvel album :

Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Schaffer n'a plus de cheveux :/
Prochains concerts:
Set
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Set »

Ouep, pris un coup de vieux aussi le Hansi ! Dire que je les ai vu y'a 19 ans à l'Elysée Montmartre (et moi aussi j'ai pris un coup de vieux ^^)
Follow The Signs ...
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Pourquoi ils ont mis ce pauvre Hansi dans une cellule de prison ? :,(
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Et du coup il y a Markus Siepen à la basse :)
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sur la tournée ils ont embauché le batteur de Blind Guardian, le guitariste reconverti bassiste, et le soliste de Iced Earth.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Est ce que Century Media travaille avec le Wacken, ou ils ont acheté les bandes pour sortir une vidéo ? Comme pour le prochain album (cd + dvd)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Aucune idée, mais on peut trouver des concerts complets de cette tournée :

Répondre