K.K. DOWNING quitte JUDAS PRIEST...

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Ken dit qu'il ne révèlera jamais toutes les raisons de son départ, qui ont l'air nombreuses... bon, ça serait plus intéressant qu'il arrête de faire son mystérieux et qu'il soit franc même s'il a la décence de ne pas envenimer les choses, ou alors il a peur des représailles du management de Priest. :mad:
Downing, who recently shot down as "inaccurate" reports that he left JUDAS PRIEST because he chose to concentrate on running the 18- and nine-hole golf courses on his property, stated about his surprise departure from the group, "This is the first year that I haven't been out there with the band for a lot of years… more years than I can care to remember. It's coming up to about 40, I think, so… It's been a long, good career."

He continued, "I've been very fortunate, really, to have been able to have achieved all of my goals. And it's a great life, actually, going through life doing the thing that you always wanted to do as a youngster. I think that's one of the fantastic rewards and also, obviously, meeting a lot of people.

"It was a set of circumstances that led me to not go out [on the road with JUDAS PRIEST] this year. I was kind of geared up for it, but there was a multitude of reasons. It pretty much came down to an unsettlement on my part with working relationships.

"It's like anything else. If anybody out there is thinking it's hard to live with one woman, they should try to live with four guys and hold it together. [Laughs] It gets to be like that, but obviously, with certain things, I just wasn't completely happy with the way things were, with the way it was, [and I just felt like] it was probably best if I stepped down, and I did."

When asked if he feels happier now that he made the decision to quit the band, Downing said, "I wish things could have been different, so I could have continued. Obviously, 'cause of the passion . In the [late] Sixties, I was very instrumental in creating JUDAS PRIEST, and it was a hard bullet to bite. But I thought that if this is gonna be the way that it's gonna be, then perhaps it's time to step down.

"It was a massive consideration," he added. "Obviously, the fans, who I love, and many of them have become very good friends. But I just hoped that they would appreciate that I couldn't continue with the way that I felt inside for reasons which I'll… I mean, certain reasons I will never, ever disclose.

"I have been extremely fortunate to have been able to do so many shows and tours and records, and come out of it healthy and well. But I haven't really spoken to anyone about the inner details [behind my departure from JUDAS PRIEST], really."

Regarding how he feels not being involved in the music industry anymore, Downing said, "I was wondering how I was gonna take it, but I do do stuff — go to concerts, and I'm actually helping a young band from my neck of the woods. They're called HOSTILE and I produced their record. But there's lots to do, really. I have been functioning here [at Astbury Hall] as a golf facility for a couple of years anyway, and everything is fine. I could leave home if I wanted do. But since I'm here, I do what I can when I can as best as I can. Because having Astbury, it's pretty exciting to see it coming along."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

on attendra son autobiographie.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Everflow a écrit :Ken dit qu'il ne révèlera jamais toutes les raisons de son départ, qui ont l'air nombreuses... bon, ça serait plus intéressant qu'il arrête de faire son mystérieux et qu'il soit franc même s'il a la décence de ne pas envenimer les choses, ou alors il a peur des représailles du management de Priest. :mad:
Mouais, le gars qui tortille du cul genre "j'ai plein de trucs à dire, mais je vais plutôt les garder pour moi", ça fait plus couille molle qu'autre chose quand même ! :lol: :D

M'enfin, ça reste dommage quand même cette affaire... :(
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Bib a écrit : M'enfin, ça reste dommage quand même cette affaire... :(
Bin... au risque de choquer, je trouve pas tant que ça.

Après avoir vu le Priest deux fois sur la tournée de cet été, j'en viens à penser que le départ de Downing a fait du bien au groupe. J'avais jamais vu les musiciens de Judas aussi contents d'être sur scène, aussi communiquants et faisant ressentir ce sentiment d'être heureux en tournée ensemble.
J'ignore - et on saura jamais - si les raisons qui ont amené Downing a quitter le groupe faisaient avant ça peser une sale ambiance, mais peut être cela a-t-il libéré les autres zicos ?
De plus l'arrivée de Faulkner a quand même donné un sacré coup de fouet au autres, Halford et Downing en tête. Vraiment j'avais pas entendu Halford chanter comme ça depuis 2000, vu Tipton aussi mobile et investi depuis (?...) et leur attitude envers le nouveau venu était vraiment chouette à voir.

Tain mais à Barcelone Travis a souri (si si) et même pris le micro à la fin pour parler au public :o
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

C'est une façon de voir les choses. Enfin, ils sont peut-être à fond parce que c'est leur dernier grosse tournée. Ca, on ne saura peut-être jamais... En tout cas Long Live the Priest
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
houguerr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par houguerr »

dans tout les cas , je pense que ce départ est dommage pour la tournée d'adieu car certains fans n'auront jamais vu le line-up culte du priest , mais , l'arrivé de Faulkner à sûrement apportée un courant d'air frais , car l'envie et la passion de jeunes musiciens fait souvent une bonne réaction sur les groupes .
Modifié en dernier par houguerr le 26 nov. 2011, 08:51, modifié 1 fois.
ride the night like you ride the lightning

Across the rainbow bridge to Valhalla
Odin's waiting for me
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Une page est tournée dans la grande Encyclopédie du METAL...
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Sur ce, je dois dire que le Metal God portait un superbe pyjama! :amour:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
houguerr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par houguerr »

Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :Sur ce, je dois dire que le Metal God portait un superbe pyjama! :amour:
:amour: :amour: :up:
ride the night like you ride the lightning

Across the rainbow bridge to Valhalla
Odin's waiting for me
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

ce n'est pas la tournée d'adieu, ils ont dit qu'ils vont continuer à faire des concerts ensuite, mais plus de grosses tournées mondiales.
Je suis sur qu'on pourra toujours voir Judas priest sur scène dans 10 ans. :oui: :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Downing en dit un peu plus sur son départ, mais tout se résume en une phrase : "I just wasn't enjoying it anymore"
Former JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Kenneth "K.K." Downing spoke to Midland Rocks about his shocking April 2011 announcement that he was leaving the band prior to their "Epitaph" world tour.

Downing, who recently started a career as a rock promoter under the banner The Future Of Heavy Metal, says that, contrary to popular belief, he didn't retire from the music business.

"I'll never get away from this retirement thing, but what happened was that I quit," Downing explains. "Retired implies that I am not physically able to do it. I am able to do it, but I didn't want to do it; I just wasn't enjoying it anymore

"A lot of things had changed. I think I counted about thirty reasons why I didn't want to do it at the time, and that is an awful lot of reasons.

"In all honesty, I think that in so many respects it had run its course.

"If you're part of a songwriting team, you get the recognition and reward for creating something, but for me, PRIEST became about going out and playing live and replicating exactly what people had enjoyed ten, twenty or thirty years ago. The fans would be just as happy if they could see us bin all of the modern guitars we now play and take them on a walk down memory lane, because I think that's what people enjoy most. And I understand that, because if I could go out now and see Eric Clapton with CREAM, then I would be the happiest person in the world."

He continues: "One of the beautiful things about being in the industry was the ability to continue to invent and create, constructing songs and making good records. You do feel the need to be creative, and that was taken away with the downloading thing, and as you get older, the balance of the scales starts to tip. So if you can't be creative, why would you want to continue to dedicate the time into something?

"I suppose if the industry was still healthy and people still had to spend their hard-earned money buying a record, it would be different, but if you give something away, then it has no value.

"We used to buy an album and think, 'Well, it's not that good, but I'll play it a million times [and] I'm sure I'll get into it, and now it doesn't really get a second chance.

"In the past, there was always the opportunity to create a record like 'Dark Side Of The Moon' [PINK FLOYD] or 'British Steel' [JUDAS PRIEST] or 'Back In Black' [AC/DC] that would be one of those albums that would be indelible and people will always come back to. And I think that opportunity has gone now, and I think it would take a miracle for one of those to happen again.

"If you consider an album like [JUDAS PRIEST's much-maligned conceptual effort] 'Nostradamus', then if that had been released in 1978, then it would have been another 'Dark Side Of The Moon', but it is all about the timing.

"When you think about it, in the early days, we had the opportunity to write great songs, play great solos and have great vocal performances, but people get used to it and it is hard now to get the reaction of, 'Wow, have you heard the new PRIEST album?'

"The industry has changed so much… I see companies that are repackaging and rehashing, and that started happening to us, and that was not a pretty thing to be a part of. It's kind of duping the fans a bit, because there are fans around the world that have got to have everything to complete their collection, so even if there are only a few thousand of them, if you put out a box collection, it might be $100, which is a lot of dollars, and so for me, that is something that I didn't get into music for."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/k-k-do ... lBoYmIs.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Je partage tout à fait le point de vue de Downing : les choses ont bien changé depuis pas mal d'années, et la Musique est devenue un produit de consommation si facilement jetable. Toute la "downloading stuff" a ruiné le désir et le plaisir d'aller s'acheter l'album tant attendu de tel ou tel groupe. Cette magie-là a presque disparu. Maintenant, c'est une écoute sur Internet, et si ça ne passe pas, on jette. Comme le dit Downing : et tout ce travail de création et de construction de morceaux, qu'en advient-il ? C'est le revers de la modernisation exagérée. Par là-dessus se greffe une lassitude chez le musicien, après tout, on peut comprendre qu'il en ait assez de jouer "Living after Midnight" depuis 30 ans, pour s'orienter vers un autre aspect du monde de la Musique. C'est tout l'art de savoir partir quand le moment est arrivé. Et, bien que je sois un grand fan du Priest, les autres auraient peut-être dû y penser aussi...
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

:Mode-Yacine-On:

Il en est où de l'écriture du prochain Harry Potter lui ?

:Mode-Yacine-Off:
ImageImageImage
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Ce qui est pénible c'est que si 5 albums du Priest étaient sortis depuis le retour d'Halford il y a pratiquement 10 ans, le succès commercial aurait sans doute était au rendez-vous. On peut très bien se reposer sur le passé en live, sans mettre de côté son côté créatif et continuer à écrire. Sans doute qu'il aurait voulu continuer à sortir de nouveaux albums, là où le groupe aujourd'hui aime sans doute prendre plus de temps.

En tout cas c'est bien dommage d'entendre que la flamme de la création l'habite encore mais qu'il ne sera pas possible, pour nous, d'en profiter au sein du PRIEST.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Il est surtout dégoutté du manque de succès de Nostradamus et du fait que le groupe ne l'ai quasiment pas défendu en live. Et là dessus il a raison. Bon après, mettre Nostradamus au même niveau que Dark Side of the moon est présomptueux de sa part, faut qu'il soit réaliste. J'ai beaucoup aimé Nostradamus mais cet album a clairement des longueurs.

En fait, il s'est trompé de groupe : il aurait du jouer dans Maiden, au moins eux ils défendent leurs albums studios récents.
MDT
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par MDT »

Non il ne s'est pas trompé puisque là en l'occurrence, ça voudrait dire défendre "The Final Frontier" :hum:
TrVe Guadeloupean Zouk Metal
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

oui mais qui serait le nouveau Dark Side Of The Moon d'après lui :D
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Ce qui ne serait pas faux vu que TFF est un bon disque qui a passé sans difficulté le cap de la scène. The talisman en live :amour:
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

NicoGan a écrit ::Mode-Yacine-On:

Il en est où de l'écriture du prochain Harry Potter lui ?

:Mode-Yacine-Off:
:D :bravo:
Répondre