le nouveau chanteur de Candlemass / King of the Grey Islands

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

C'est clair que ça va être énorme Lowe sur du Candlemass.
Mais bon, Messiah, c'est Messiah... :(
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview franche de Leif Edling, au sujet du nouvel album, Messiah, etc.

:pointer: http://www.radiotangra.com/?page=int&lng=en&id=72
Tangra Mega Rock: Two years ago, when you released your self-titled album, you were very excited to have vocalist Messiah Marcolin back. Now he's not with you... Are you still that excited?

Leif: Yes, I am, because we've got a new album out soon, and people who've heard it so far seem to like it very much. Besides, we've got a new great singer called Robert Lowe. We are rid of the old problems in CANDLEMASS — at least it seems so — and I'm very excited, as we're starting a new chapter for the band.

Tangra Mega Rock: Is Robert still singing with his original band, the Texas-based doomsters SOLITUDE AETURNUS, or he's already a full-time member of CANDLEMASS?

Leif: He's still a member of SOLITUDE AETURNUS, but also a full-time part of CANDLEMASS. You know, his old group is not very active — they don't do records every year and don't tour very much — so it's not a problem for us. I think both bands will benefit from having Robert and his fantastic voice on board.

Tangra Mega Rock: Is there any bitterness inside your heart because of the fact that Messiah is not with you anymore?

Leif: I can say that I really was very enthusiastic about our previous album, because it's great, we sold a lot of records, toured and became even more popular. However, we had many problems with Messiah due to his personality — it's not very easy to deal with him and have him in a band, you know. We had constant arguments and it was very, very difficult. Now, when we have Robert, we have a much better atmosphere in CANDLEMASS — we can talk to each other and discuss things, while Messiah refused to do this, as he doesn't like democracy. We like to have fun in the band and be friends, but it wasn't possible with him, as he wanted everything to be done his way, and if he couldn't have it he just said, "Fuck off!" You can't have such a rock star attitude in CANDLEMASS. Now the atmosphere in the band is finally better.

Tangra Mega Rock: Let's concentrate on your new album now. What is "King of the Grey Islands" all about? Where are the grey islands?

Leif: The grey islands are within yourself. That's the place where you go to when you're sad, hurt or depressed — a little place where you lock yourself in when you need to. Nobody can touch you there. I think we all are kings of grey islands sometimes... The album is about what happens when you let these negative feelings take over too much, and every song on this record is about an emotion — sadness, depression, devastation, desperation, anxiety, anger, hatred... A lot of dark feelings that can even make you want to commit suicide — that's the concept.

Tangra Mega Rock: What do you think shall happen if Robert lets you down? Shall this mean that you'll disband CANDLEMASS or you'll keep on working?

Leif: We're pretty sure that Robert will be with us for another album, because he's very enthusiastic about being a member of the band. He's a very cool guy, and he really is a fan of CANDLEMASS, so I'm pretty sure we can make this work. I don't think we need a plan B or C or whatever. Besides, there's no question in my mind that we will not record a new CANDLEMASS album next year.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par hallowedhail »

Ya un titre du nouvel album sur le dernier Rockhard "devil seed".
Perso j'ai bien accroché, que ca soit la voix de Lowe (que je ne connais pas du tout n'ayant jamais entendu de Solitude Aeternus :oops: ) ou les compos toujours aussi passionante. Bref à confirmer mais si c'est comme ça moi j'achète!
AdrieN
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par AdrieN »

le morceau du sampler rock hard est TERRRIIBLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moi qui coniassais pas du tout, je suis tombé amoureux!
Fire, fire, FIRE, WALK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
Herr Zed
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Herr Zed »

Ben pour moi, autant le morceau est terrible (quelle son de gratte !! :o ), autant j'accroche pas à la voix de Lowe.
Brothers of Metal
Know no masters
Metal is our religion
Take it to the grave...
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Fangface a écrit :Va falloir être patient :)

Avant ça, le nouvel album!

ça fait très Cirith Ungol je trouve.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On peut écouter des extraits de tous les titres sur cette e-card :

:pointer: http://www.musicbay.se/buy/index.asp?mo ... pany_id=39

Et effectivement, ça ressemble plus à du Krux qu'à du pur Candlemass... :o
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

+ 3 tires bonus, ed limitée à 500 ex (le lien vers la commande chez Nuclear Blast

le track-listing complet :
01. Prologue
02. Emperor Of The Void
03. Devil Seed
04. Of Stars And Smoke
05. Demonia 6
06. Destroyer
07. Man Of Shadows
08. Clearsight
09. The Opal City
10. Embracing The Styx

• BONUS TRACK:
11. Solitude
12. At The Gallows End

• 3-inch bonus CD:
01. Black Dwarf (feat. Robert Lowe)
02. Demonia 6 (early version)
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

je me suis fait une écoute de ce disque et franchement je bande, mais je bande!!! c'est sublime! ça sonne pas comme du Krux enfin un peu mais pas le même feeling, c'est vraiment un mélange de Solitude et de Candlemass mais c'est beau! vivement la tournée! les bonus (reprises de morceaux période messiah) sont sublimes
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

'tain justement j'ai failli l'acheter samedi peu après qu'on en ait parlé, voilà maintenant je regrette :D
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Et tu peux ! :D J'en suis à la troisième écoute et je le trouve vraiment génial.
C'est vraiment plus heavy que Krux (que par ailleurs j'aime beaucoup) et la voix de Lowe est vraiment faite pour cet album.

Une belle réussite malgré l'absence du grand Messiah Marcolin. Le chanteur de Solitude Aeternus le remplace très bien.

:rock:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview de Leif Edling, qui remet Messiah en place :D
On Messiah Marcolin:

"I do want to say that if he [Messiah] hadn't taken this public, I wouldn't have had to respond in public. I think it's a shame that Messiah feels the need to go out in public and on forums to further prove that he's in the wrong, though I'm not surprised by it. He's a drama queen, and you've probably noticed that not many people are taking his side. We tried everything we could to make it work, but he just obviously can't be in this band. Our fans aren't stupid and they've seen and heard him pull this kind of shit before. For the last album, he did a lot of interviews where he was apologizing, saying he was sorry for being a wanker to the others in the band."

"With Messiah, it's not a matter of if you're walking on thin ice. You're always walking on thin ice. It's not if he's going to flip out, it's when. We found ourselves having to ask, 'Can we rehearse this week with Messiah? Can we record the album with this man? Will it be possible to do this show with him?' When you have to put these questions to yourself every week, it's just not worth it. To run a band is a really complicated thing, and when you constantly have to strive and argue with someone that takes such a nothing, little problem and makes a huge deal of it, it makes things shitty for everyone. And there's really no need for it. We had huge success with the last album and we sold a lot of copies. Everything was rosy, and we really had no fucking problems. And then Messiah starts in whining about this or that, and — we call him The Big Black Negative Hole, because he just sucks the life out of whoever's around him as far as the band goes. Sure, you have days when it's good, and we had good times with him, but you just know that very, very soon something will happen to turn it all to shit."

"There are a lot of people who say, 'Oh, Messiah is CANDLEMASS.' But he didn't sing on 'Epicus Doomicus Metallicus', now did he? And I can find just as many people who like that album better than the ones Messiah was on. ['Epicus'] was a very important album to a lot of people. I think that fans of the band should be open-minded about a new singer. There are lots of good songs on this album, and if you liked the last one, this one should blow you away."

On Robert Lowe:

"Well, we went for a Swedish singer first. We listened to about 30 vocalists from Sweden and didn't really find the perfect fit, so we branched out to the rest of Scandinavia and Europe. From there we even had to widen our search, so we were getting hundreds of people trying out. There were people from South America, Japan, India, Russia — just everywhere. Some of them were OK, some were more than OK, and then there were some that you wondered why they ever bothered opening their mouths [laughs]. The funny thing to me was that everyone who tried out had a MySpace page where we could listen to them. I knew MySpace was big, but I really never realized how popular it was until looking for a singer!"

"We wanted someone unknown, but someone with the stage presence and vocal prowess CANDLEMASS fans expect, and we as a band expect as well. We hadn't actually thought of going for someone already in a well-respected band, but we got an email from Heather, Robert's girlfriend, asking if we'd thought of Robert. I knew who he was, of course, but only had heard him sing SOLITUDE AETURNUS songs. We sent him the demoed tracks for the album, and after we got his tapes back with his vocals over top, it was like, 'Fuckin' hell, this is brilliant!'"

On "King of the Grey Islands":

"Everything with this album happened at the 11th hour. Still, we didn't panic or anything. We never really operate with a Plan B, which can be stressful at times, but that's how we work. We got Robert just barely in time for him to sing on the album, and I'll tell you, sometimes the stress was at ulcer level. We knew what had to be done, though, so we just made it happen as always.

"Let me tell you how close we cut it with finishing this record in time. After a month of work with special delivery from Dallas to Stockholm and Stockholm to Dallas, I had to take Robert's vocals and put them in the computer, then clean all the files. Our mail gets picked up from the post office at 7:00 p.m. on Friday and I literally ran to the mailbox and got there at 10 minutes to. Peter [Tägtgren] had to have the files by Monday so he could mix the album in the ten days he had to do it. In the end, the album coming out on time or not was down to a ten minute difference!"
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Il est génial cet album !! :rock: :rock:
'tain, comme j'avais peur après avoir lu les interviews de ce sujet ! Mais en fait c'est excellent !! Bon, je regrette un petit peu qu'il y ait pas Marcolin : genre sur le quatrième titre (me souviens plus du nom), je pense qu'il aurait été impérial ! Mais bon, Robert Lowe assure sa mère, même si son chant est pas comme dans Solitude Aeternus. :)
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Gaëtan a écrit :...même si son chant est pas comme dans Solitude Aeternus. :)
Et c'est ça qui est bon ! Il est remarquable dans Solitude Aeternus, mais je trouve qu'il colle à merveille avec le dernier Candlemass. Quand j'écoute cet album, c'est pour moi comme s'il avait toujours fait partie du groupe. On verra bien sur les anciens titres, mais en ce qui concerne ce disque c'est vraiment grandiose.

:rock:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Ben c'est juste que ça m'a surpris, je m'attendais à un chant à la Solitude Aeternus. Mais je trouve pas ça moins bon. :)
Modifié en dernier par Gaëtan le 03 sept. 2007, 13:03, modifié 1 fois.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur concert de folie à Stockholm (voir page précédente) va sans surprise sortir en DVD, en novembre.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rch=Search
Legendary Swedish doomsters CANDLEMASS filmed their 20th anniversary concert on March 31, 2007 at Stockholm's Kolingsborg for an upcoming DVD, tentatively due in October/November via Snapper/Peaceville. CANDLEMASS performed with no less than seven (!) different vocalists — including the band's former singers Johan Langquist and Tomas Vikström, plus the group's latest addition, Robert Lowe of SOLITUDE AETURNUS.

In addition to the concert footage, the DVD will include interviews with all the vocalists from that evening as extra material.
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

Ah, bien. Je n'avais lu aucune news concernant ce DVD auparavant vu que je ne me suis intéressé que très récemment au groupe. Ils n'avaient pas fait un article sur ce concert dans un Rock Hard tout récent (juin ou juillet, je ne sais plus) ? Il va falloir que je le lise, tiens. J'avais juste parcouru rapidement cet article vu que je ne m'intéressais pas du tout au groupe à l'époque.

En tout cas, vu l'ambiance de ce concert et les invités qui y figurent, je vais me payer ce DVD :)
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Merci pour vos réponses :D

Il s'agit effectivement du concert dont ils parlent dans le Rock Hard avec Ozzy en couverture. Leif Edling était formel: "Il ne sortira pas en DVD" :D

M'enfin, il a bien fait de changer d'avis car ça avait vraiment l'air d'être de la balle, cette soirée :rock:
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

S'ils sortent une version audio, je prends ! :)
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

C'est fort probable, vu qu'ils sont chez Nuclear Blast et que cette maison de disques propose à chaque fois les deux supports pour les albums live (CD et DVD). Sans oublier les coffrets qui réunissent les deux ;)
- Quoi ???"
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

si vous avez aimé le dernier Candlemass votez ici : the Swedish Grammy Awards !
Répondre