La fin de Grip Inc

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Oh mince :( :( RIP
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

C'est triste tout ça :( :( :(
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cela me paraît important de le préciser, même si ça serait mieux que le groupe fasse une déclaration officielle : la famille de Gus Chambers aurait été informée après la fin de l'enquête qu'il ne s'agit pas d'un suicide même si ça en avait l'air, mais d'un accident du à un mélange excessif de médicaments et d'alcool.

Cela expliquerait peut-être pourquoi ses proches et membres de son groupe de punk n'ont absolument rien vu venir, ça ne collait pas avec l'hypothèse du suicide.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Grip Inc. : reformation?

Message par Everflow »

Le chanteur du groupe AMEN, est envisagé pour remplacer le regretté Gus Chambers, décédé il y a 5 ans.

J'ai un peu du mal à imaginer Grip Inc sans Chambers, mais à voir... pour l'instant ça reste à l'état embryonnaire comme reformation.
SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo revealed to Greece's Rock Overdose in a new interview that Casey Chaos from AMEN will front a resurrected version of Lombardo's GRIP INC. project. A tour is in the works, with the possibility that a new studio album will follow.
On the status of GRIP INC.:

Lombardo: "Actually, Waldemar Sorychta [GRIP INC. guitarist] and myself, we've been talking, and we hope to bring GRIP INC. together again for some shows here and there. I believe I found a singer who is very… He's a great guy. I think he would fit the position pretty well. His name is Casey Chaos from the band AMEN. So I hope to maybe come out with some new material and, if possible, some shows. I would love to do some shows with GRIP INC. again. I believe we're probably gonna do a… We have a dream of doing a GRIP INC. / PHILM tour, and, of course, I play in both bands. And possibly a new album. I don't know for sure. But I hope so."
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

En tout cas, ça en dit long sur la possibilité de revoir Lombardo jouer avec Slayer :(
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

J'en avais plus ou moins entendu parler. ça fait plaisir. 4 albums, 4 tueries + 1 concert à l'Arapaho pour la tournée Solidify qui avait tout retourné. Ce groupe est génial!
ImageImageImageImageImage
jägermeister
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jägermeister »

:amour:
Schnaps, das war sein letztes Wort!
jägermeister
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jägermeister »

bon j'ai écouté le chanteur de AMEN, il envoit bien sur CD, mais en Live, c était un peu moins bien, car il gesticule trop je trouve et du coup on l'entend moins, mais bon, comme c'était dans un groupe punk, on ne peut conclure qu'il fera la même prestation dans Grip Inc, à voire.
Schnaps, das war sein letztes Wort!
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Il est assez versatile il me semble, car il avait un projet de Black aussi (Scum).
A l'époque de Amen il était raide défoncé aussi, donc forcément sur scène c'était...spécial.
A voir, ce choix me surprend quand-même un petit peu...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Un EP contenant notamment 3 inédits va sortir (format digital) :
GRIP INC., the long-defunct metal outfit featuring drummer Dave Lombardo (SLAYER, PHILM) and guitarist Waldemar Sorychta (former member of DESPAIR and producer for such bands as LACUNA COIL and MOONSPELL), will issue the "Hostage To Heaven" digital EP on June 9 via KFM.

"Hostage To Heaven" contains three previously unreleased tracks and an alternate, never-before-released version of the song "Hostage To Heaven" (which originally appeared on GRIP INC.'s "The Power Of Inner Strength" album).

It's been eleven years since GRIP INC. released its last album, "Incorporated", and and seven years since the passing of the band's vocalist, Gus Chambers. "Hostage To Heaven" serves as a bookend and tribute to the talent and contributions of late great frontman, as well as a true testament to the legacy and deep impression he left us all with.

"Hostage To Heaven" track listing:

01. Hostage to Heaven
02. Dragging Me Down
03. Bittersweet
04. Crawl

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A noter aussi que leur discours a changé à travers ce EP, désormais ils ne parlent plus du tout de reformation.
Said Lombardo: "GRIP INC. is an exceptional band that I am very honored to have co-created.

"Gus Chambers was easily one of the most effective and distinctive vocalists/frontmen in the business. To be able to release music that pays tribute to Gus and his talent, memorializing the unique sound that the four of us created is a gift... not just to us, but also to the fans that always hoped for more."

He continued: "Gus can't be replaced. GRIP INC. will never be GRIP INC. without him. We could try and replace him, but it would never be the same as the original four. This is the closest thing we have to working with Gus again. This release is without question a tribute to his talent and his legacy."

Added Sorychta: "I always like to experiment with songs that we have already released from our past albums, so needless to say, I have many versions of 'Hostage To Heaven' (a techno version, church organ, acoustic and the slow version). The slow version of 'Hostage To Heaven' is the only version with the original vocals from Gus, recorded while we were making the album 'Nemesis'. Actually, it gave me the main idea for the song 'Rusty Nail'. While we were playing the slow version of 'Hostage To Heaven', we changed some rhythms and worked out some other parts and 'Rusty Nail' was born. I really like how it all came together, especially the solo, that was more or less just improvised. Overall, it's a great version which shows that good songs still have a drive even when you change the way of playing them."

He continued: "We always improvised at rehearsals, sometimes even live. In rehearsal, we used to jam even more then rehearse our songs. Many ideas and songs got started like this. Even at every recording session we jammed between main recordings. We have never looked at recording a record as a kind of job that has to be done; well, we always had a professional way of recording but, we always made sure to also keep it fun and spontaneous. The main point was always love for music!

"In hindsight, I am glad we always recorded more than just the album tracks and always tried to experiment. It's just a shame that many of these songs don't have Gus's vocals. Don't misunderstand me, these songs aren't leftovers or anything like that! We had always planed to record them but some just didn't make that album or didn't have the time in the studio. Really, we had the chance while we were recording the albums, and we just wanted to take advantage of the studio environment.

"To release these tracks 20 years after 'Power Of Inner Strength' means a lot to me.

"After Gus's death, there has been an empty place in my heart that will never be filled. I miss our craziness, I miss our friendship, and, above all, our passion for music.

"We all came from different countries, with different backgrounds, but GRIP INC. united us all under the same goal. We were 'one'! Simply a great example of how powerful music really is. But music in itself doesn’t make a friendship; ours went very deep and will stay forever.

"Since the 13th of October 2008 I have found life is much harder to catch a day with a relaxed smile, always thinking of my friend.

"Life goes on, but the knowledge that a big part of you isn't there anymore is sad.

"Gus, I will always miss you!"

Chambers died on October 13, 2008 at the age of 52. Initial reports indicated that he took his own life, but an inquisition report later stated that it was an accidental death caused by a mixture of medication and alcohol.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dave-l ... ugdbiR5.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dave Lombardo raconte ses souvenirs de Gus Chambers :

In an exclusive interview with music writer Joel Gausten, former SLAYER and current PHILM drummer Dave Lombardo reflects on his former band GRIP INC., his relationship with the group's late singer Gus Chambers and the June 9 release of a four-song EP of previously unreleased GRIP INC. material called "Hostage To Heaven". An excerpt from the chat appears below.

Joel Gausten: What really struck me when I first heard the band was the fact that Gus was such a different kind of frontman compared to a lot of other singers in metal at the time. When you were getting this band together, what ultimately made you think Gus was the guy as opposed to going for a more traditional metal or thrash singer?

Lombardo: He was unique and he had a powerful voice. There are singers who have voices that are very thin and they rely on cupping the microphone to give them the typical growl or whatever it is they do today — that "cookie-monster" voice. Gus not only had a range, but he had an attack in his voice and this aggression that was actually punk. It came out of his gut; it came from his soul. It wasn't something that he was faking. He was the real deal. When I first met him and considered him, I was like, 'Man, this is the guy!' His posture, his attitude...It was exactly what I wanted in a singer... He lived the part; he was a singer. He was real punk rocker. The guy was a bad ass.

Joel Gausten: Sadly, Gus is no longer with us. Looking back, what remain some of the best memories you have of your time with him?

Lombardo: Gus was a positive, funny guy. He was always full of jokes; he was always doing some kind of crazy antic that would make you laugh. He was a very warm, kind and gentle person, but there was this aggressive punk side to him that I equally loved. It was part of his character and nature, and you just had to love that as well as his other side to really understand who Gus was. He's definitely missed; there are a lot of times where I reflect and think, "Damn, I wish he was still around. We could have done something together again." It's unfortunate and it really sucks that this happened. What sucks about when musicians pass on is that not only do people who were close to them know they're not there — and that hurts — but it's compounded because there's this magic and feeling you have when you play music together with other musicians. When they're gone, you realize you'll never experience those sounds or that voice again. It bums you out. We recorded all the albums in Germany. He had lived in Germany for a while and he picked up on some of the Germany language. I'd say to Gus, "Hey's, let's go get a doner kebob or a bratwurst or currywurst." He loved currywurst with "extra sosse," as he used to say. We'd go, and he'd crack jokes on the way there and on the way back. He was just a character; he was just great.

Joel Gausten: Now that GRIP INC. is very much in the rearview mirror for you, what would you say was ultimately the band's greatest accomplishment?

Lombardo: I don't really look at things as being accomplishments...What I am most proud of was the fact that during a time when music was changing, we were still thrash metal, punk, whatever we were and pushing forward. We were going against the grain where everyone around us in L.A. was wearing baggy pants and singing "Jump! Jump! Jump!" and crossing that hop-hop line with heavy music — which is all good, because it's fine and awesome — but we were going against the grain and were, like, "No, we're not going to fall into that." So I think being unique was something that I was really proud of. We didn't change the course of what we set out to do, which was making music as heavy as possible.

The complete interview is available at JoelGausten.com.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... cs5xjFj.99
Répondre