Stryper - Fallen

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Déjà le 3ème extrait :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont diffusé la moitié de l'album ou presque.

Sans oublier leur reprise (pas trop mal) de Black Sabbath :

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour la prochaine tournée des 30 ans de To Hell with the Devil, le groupe va ressortir les costumes de l'époque! :D :up:
Iconic rock band STRYPER will celebrate the 30th anniversary of its multi-platinum album "To Hell With The Devil" this fall with a world tour, featuring all four original members and complete with the original yellow-and-black costumes.

Released by Enigma Records on October 24, 1986, the Grammy-nominated "To Hell With The Devil" is the band's third studio album and the first Christian metal album to achieve platinum status.

Throughout 1987, the music videos for "Free" and "Honestly" ranked #1 on MTV's list of most requested videos, and the video for "Calling On You" reached #2. STRYPER was the first band to ever have two songs in MTV's Top 10 simultaneously.

"'To Hell With The Devil' literally changed our lives," says STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet. "During that tour, we went from playing theaters and mid-sized clubs to arenas, all in a very short amount of time. We never could have predicted the wild popularity of those songs and videos — especially in the mainstream market."

Regarding the "To Hell With The Devil" songwriting sessions, Sweet told Guitar World magazine: "We always strive to outdo ourselves, so when we made 'To Hell With The Devil', we wanted to make it better than 'Soldiers Under Command'. We just went in and made a record, and it just so happens that it wound up being our most successful and most beloved. God really blessed that album."

Added STRYPER guitarist Oz Fox: "I think it came at the right time, too. Back then, MTV was doing the whole 'Dial MTV' thing and we also had video budgets. The music definitely fit in with what was going on but it was also different enough to have its own niche."

Sweet also talked about the controversy over the album's original cover art. He said: "There were some Christian bookstores and carriers that wanted to carry the album, but they had a problem with the cover showing angels and the pentagram being ripped from Satan. They thought it was too controversial, and because of them threatening to not carry it, we decided to change it to a black cover. It actually wound up making it even more controversial because now the album is really rare."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/strype ... r90ogxG.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe se sépare de Tim Gaines, le bassiste historique, dans des conditions plus que houleuses. Tout ça pour une histoire de femmes apparemment :D
The remaining members of STRYPER have blamed Tim Gaines's "erratic and hostile behavior" for their decision to part ways with the bassist.

After months of rumors, Gaines confirmed his departure from the openly Christian group late last month, telling KNAC.COM: "I am officially no longer a member of the band. It's been out there for about a year now that things have been going sour. It hasn't been officially said by either myself or the band, but, yeah, I'm no longer working with them."

Tim claimed that "all hell broke loose" after he "ended up getting a divorce, which is taboo as far as Christianity, I guess." He added: "I'm not the only guy in STRYPER to have gotten a divorce. Everybody in the band is married to divorced people. And I'm the bad guy, but everybody else has done it too, so? Whatever. Live in glass houses and everything will be exposed at some point or another."

Earlier today (Friday, September 1), STRYPER members Michael Sweet (guitar, vocals), Oz Fox (guitar) and Robert Sweet (drums) released the following joint statement:

"Dear fans and friends,

"We wish Timothy Gaines nothing but the best, and we will always remember the history and the good times that we all shared together.

"We have done our best to remain courteous and professional despite the barrage of disrespectful comments, posts and tweets that have been made public time and time again by Tim and [his new wife] Brandee on what seems to be a daily basis.

"The accusations that have been made that our decision to terminate Tim is based on his divorce couldn't be further from the truth. We have all struggled with separation and divorce in our relationships over the years, and it has never affected anyone's position within the band.

"The band decided to take a hiatus in order to give Tim time and space to work through his personal issues. However, based on Tim and Bradee's intentional, erratic and hostile behavior, which has damaged STRYPER and threatened to undermine the band's ability to go forward professionally, we were left with no other choice but to part ways. Tim and Brandee have left their scars and have hurt us in more ways than you can imagine.

"We were also forced to retain legal representation based on a public post/threat that Tim made about suing the band in 2016.

"Tim is our brother, and we love him, but this has become a toxic relationship at this point and due to that, we cannot continue on with our mission and stay true to who we are and what we represent with Tim in the band.

"We're excited about the future and we will be making an official announcement very soon about our new album, tour and bassist.

"We love our fans and we appreciate your support and patience as we work through these changes. The best is yet to come!"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/strype ... mJuF2Vd.99
Tim Gaines claims that he was kicked out of STRYPER after he was given an ultimatum by his former bandmates to either "give up" his new wife or get fired from the group.

The musician's exit from the band has been rumored for months, ever since STRYPER guitarist Oz Fox revealed that Tim was going through a divorce, forcing the group to take a hiatus and possibly consider a future without the bassist.

Gaines told KNAC.COM last month that "all hell broke loose" after he split up with his previous wife, "which is taboo as far as Christianity, I guess." He added: "I'm not the only guy in STRYPER to have gotten a divorce. Everybody in the band is married to divorced people. And I'm the bad guy, but everybody else has done it too, so? Whatever. Live in glass houses and everything will be exposed at some point or another."

A few days later, the remaining members of STRYPER released a statement denying that Gaines's divorce was a factor in their decision to part ways with the bassist and blaming Tim's "erratic and hostile behavior" for his dismissal from the group.

Earlier today, Gaines took to his Facebook page to once again address his departure from STRYPER. He wrote: "My recent demise within the STRYPER camp came about because I actually have testicles. I stood my ground when I was told to give up the woman I love (who is now my wife) or get fired. I threatened to sue. I was 'conveniently' fired ten days after my marriage to Brandee, on the grounds that I made some posts threatening to sue the band for wrongful termination. They called it 'threats.'

"My recommendation to Oz and Bob [STRYPER drummer Robert Sweet]? Grow some balls and stand up to that pathetic one and his conniving wife" — apparently referring to STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet — "or just continue to live a life of mediocrity. You both have been threatened with termination over the last several years. He has a million-dollar home. You rent and drive twenty-year-old broken-down cars. You both have NOTHING to show for your thirty-five years. Quit playing rock star and get a clue, dumbshitz."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-str ... Cl6IQTO.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont recruté le bassiste de Fireshouse :
Veteran rockers STRYPER have recruited FIREHOUSE bassist Perry Richardson. He joins the band as the replacement for STRYPER's longtime bassist Tim Gaines, who was fired from the group earlier this year.

"The first time I met the guys in STRYPER was in 1985, when my first band, MAXX WARRIOR opened for them in Charlotte, North Carolina," says Richardson. "From that first meeting, they have always been one of my favorite bands and a huge influence on me personally and musically. To have the honor of becoming a member of STRYPER today is an indescribable experience for me. I am so overwhelmed, I can't put it into words. To be asked to be a member of one of my favorite all-time bands is one of the greatest honors of my career. I'm so looking forward to being a part of this next chapter in STRYPER's legacy. I'm ready to rock the world with my new brothers!"

Adds STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet: "Perry is a perfect fit within our band. He's an amazing singer, an excellent bass player and just a great human being. The moment we first rehearsed with Perry, we knew that it was right. We sang harmonies, and the vocals sounded awesome. He shared stories of how STRYPER was one of his favorite bands and that he's always respected us. It meant a lot to hear him say that. He has brought a kind and humble spirit to the band. He is a professional and an absolute gentleman. His resume is quite extensive and as impressive as it gets. We're honored to have him on our team and we're extremely excited about the future!"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/strype ... YMKty1q.99
Répondre