JUDAS PRIEST - Nostradamus

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Interview d'Halford, au sujet du nouvel album :

"I'm taking kind of a little break away from the ongoing 'Nostradamus' sessions in England. Everybody is in the studio slaving away there. I think Glenn [Tipton] and K.K. [Downing] are probably not hard at work this time of night — they're probably partying somewhere. But, yeah, I'm back in San Diego. I'm here working on all of the monster lyrics for the 'Nostradamus' metal opera, which will be coming out sometime in 2007.

"All the songs are done — I would say 99.9 percent — but we've still got some ideas we're working on. The bulk of the opera is complete as far as the writing goes, and I can't begin to tell you how excited we are about this. It's gonna be an absolutely spectacular moment for PRIEST to follow up the incredible reunion record 'Angel of Retribution'. We're just really, really pumped about this new music that we're making. It's colossal PRIEST — some things that you've never heard before from this band are taking place. We've just got our nose to the grindstone and we're working as fast as we can to get this all completed and wrapped up and released and out in 2007 along with some special-event shows, which we'll talk about as we get closer to that. You know, we're gonna be playing the entire opera from beginning to end. That in itself will be a unique moment for PRIEST to show to our fans around the world, and a stage show that you will not believe. . . I'm gonna kind of take on that rôle of the character and we're basically gonna be telling the story of his life. He had an incredible life as a man besides making these prophecies that he did. It's a great life story about the things that he went through as an individual on a personal level, so we're obviously discussing that. But we're surrounding his life lyrically with some phenomenal PRIEST music — stuff that we're just so excited about, and as I said, music that will just blow everybody away. I can't begin to discuss it, because my mind is full of the music even as I'm talking about it. So get ready for it. The PRIEST is gonna follow up after 'Angel of Retribution' with something that's gonna be bigger and better and stronger and more metallized than you've ever heard from the band."

On what inspired him to write an entire album about Nostradamus:

"I just think this is a great opportunity for me as a lyricist, because I've talked about these characters — the Painkiller and the Sinner and the Sentinel — and I've been in that world as a lyricist, and now I'm having the opportunity as a lyricist to talk about this man, this real figure from the 16th century and the great things that he did — his prophecies. Some people are very skeptical about them, some people believe them emphatically. There are schools of Nostradamus where you can attend and learn about his teachings and so on and so forth. People say that some of his predictions actually came to be real occurrences from the past and as we look into the future. So I was just fascinated by this man. He went through a lot of grief. Without getting too heavy, he lost his wife and kids during the Black Plague — he was able to save a lot of other people, but he couldn't save his family. So he lost the loves of his life and he was put into… he was banished from the Roman Catholic church. He went through a lot of tough stuff, but he was a very strong, resilient man. Besides being a prophet, he was an advocate of certain kinds of medicine that revolutionized the world of medicine at the time, and many, many, many things. So yeah, it's been fascinating to really try and cover that man's life and put it into lyrics to the music of PRIEST."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Miki
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Miki »

En français ça donne quoi ? On se croirait sur France Metal, là ! Ah non, ah non ! :D
Miki

Metal playmobil
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

En gros l'album est presque terminé et il est génial, blablabla...

Bon j'ai hâte d'entendre ça, du PRIEST avec des choeurs, du clavier, un concept : MIAM!

la suite de la news :

On PRIEST's touring plans once the new abum is released:

"We're gonna do two things. We're gonna do specialized event shows in special venues for the 'Nostradamus' production. And then, of course, we'll be doing another set of touring dates throughout the world as covering all the PRIEST classics, so you'll be getting PRIEST in two dimensions next year — you'll be getting PRIEST playing the whole 'Nostradamus' piece, which I'm sure the fans will embrace and love and wanna see, and then of course, we'll come back around and do a PRIEST show with all the great things that you love — 'Painkiller', 'Living After Midnight', 'Breaking the Law', 'The Sentinel', [and] whatever else we decide to play. So you'll be getting PRIEST in every manner that you love to see the band. We made everybody aware when we did the press release sometime ago that that was out intent, so we're not gonna blindside the fans and let them think they're coming to the show to hear all the wonderful PRIEST classics. We're gonna let everybody know well in advance that it'll be a multi-dimensional experience — you'll get the 'Nostradamus' tour, and then you'll get the PRIEST tour — PRIEST classics and everything else."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore une interview d'Halford qui explique qu'ils sont encore loin d'avoir terminé l'album.

:pointer: http://web.telia.com/~u43123410/mfintervju219.html
Purgatory
Caught in a Mosh
Caught in a Mosh

Message par Purgatory »

bobmaurane a écrit :J'espère surtout qu'il sera meilleur que le précédent...
bah il etait pas mal le precedent quand même.
desperados
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par desperados »

Il etait en effet pas mal mais aurait être mieux !

j'attends le nouvel album de pied ferme

A propos de judas voila un nouveau forum (non officiel) tres bien fait avec de vrais fans du groupe !

En plus il est tout en français:

http://judas-priest.zikforum.com/
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Purgatory a écrit :
bobmaurane a écrit :J'espère surtout qu'il sera meilleur que le précédent...
bah il etait pas mal le precedent quand même.
Puisqu'on est dans les concept-albums,j'espère qu'il sera aussi bon que Neon God de WASP alors :rock:
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
desperados
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par desperados »

BW&BK EXCLUSIVE Studio Report -

JUDAS PRIEST's Nostradamus Album Will Contain "18 Songs Clocking In At Over An Hour And A Half"

http://www.bravewords.com/news/60591

In an EXCLUSIVE chat with BW&BK this afternoon (February 17th), JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing took some time to discuss the band's upcoming concept album about the life and predictions of 16th-century French prophet Nostradamus.

"Myself and Glenn (Tipton - guitar) have been in the studio for the last month and a half non-stop, laying and formatting the tracks," Downing reveals before heading off to the pub! "Basically we're doing a lot of the groundwork. Roy (Z - guitarist/producer; also HALFORD, BRUCE DICKINSON) hasn't been involved in the new record as yet. He has really been quite busy with Rob (Halford - vocals) in his band as well. We'll have to see what happens on that front. Rob's already put vocals down on some of these tracks, but they've only been kind of roughed out. So, he's been refining the lyrics for the album. But the thing with this one is that the music is running an a hour and 39 minutes at the moment. So it's literally almost twice as long as what we've done previously. This concept is going to be that way, pretty intense, in-depth and length - and hopefully a masterpiece."

Will it stay that length?
Well, were were hoping we'd get it onto one CD, but knowing that a CD holds only 80 minutes, it's looking that we'll have two CDs I guess."

Is the material taking shape to the point that you can't edit it down?
"I think there is one idea that we can afford to leave off, but the rest is still going to run about an hour and a half."

Describe the material?
"It's tough and we are ready for anything. The only thing I know is that it sounds like music," he laughs! "Hopefully songs that sound like music - that's all I can say."

How many songs are there in the can?
"I think there are 18, but there are a lot of links between songs. There are lots of instrumental parts, so it's a full-on musical really."

What about orchestration?
"Yes, there's going to be orchestration. It's all myself and Glenn putting it together. We dabbled with Midi Guitars back in the '80s, with the Turbo (1986) album. Now things have moved on a lot and now we've got some pretty high tech gear. The tracking is very good, so we can put the orchestrations together ourselves. Also, we've always dabbled with keyboards as well. Godin, the guitar company from Quebec, I've been using those for about a year and that's working out really well. They are the best people in the world if you want Midi converters on an instrument. So we can actually play their guitars and go through a Roland or Axiom interface. It can sound like anything you know. We're getting all these really heavy, orchestral sounds and stuff."

Are any outside orchestrations being considered or will it strictly be all Priest?
"We're taking about that. We don't really know. What we do know is what we're putting together sounds really, really good you know. Obviously we want to go out and play and perform this concept in it's entirety. Hopefully this will be the first ever metal opera in a sense. We're talking staging now as well. We're look forward to putting on a great show with this music. Who knows what's going to happen yet. We'll release the record and maybe go out on tour. Maybe play a couple of songs off the new record. It would be nice to tour with this record, once we establish with the people whether they like it or not."

Have you encountered any problems with this massive undertaking considering you announced the project last April?
"No, actually. We're pretty confident ... quietly confident. The only question is the level of acceptance, because everybody, probably just want another Priest record you know! All of those ingredients will be in the record anyway."

Is this coming together at the pace you expected?
"We're belting along now. All the songs are down and formatted ... were just getting ready to get Rob over now and looking forward to hearing his lyrics on this new record and us putting it all together."

What's your timeline? Will Nostradamus be out by the summer time?
"Yes, definitely. We may be back on the road in the summer, maybe late summer. There's always somewhere in the world Priest can tour, so we'll be looking to get out there and play some shows."

Are you getting cabin fever?
"You do don't you? When you finish a world tour like we did - we did almost 18 months of touring. I think we did the Ozzfest and the European festivals before we even released our last record (Angel Of Retribution). And then we did a world tour with that. It's amazing, time goes by and you look forward to getting out there and cranking it up you know."

Watch for more of BW&BK's chat with Judas Priest guitarist K.K. Downing at BraveWords.com and in the next issue of BW&BK (#103 - out in late March). Up next he talks about his most recent undertaking - VIOLENT STORM, the new project featuring bassist Mick Cervino (ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN and RITCHIE BLACKMORE) that he produced
Herr Zed
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Herr Zed »

Le moins que l'on puisse dire est que Downing est plutôt évasif...Et qu'il ne semble sûr de rien :/

Un ou deux CDs ? Une tournée en été ? Un show basé sur le concept du disque ??

A part "Tommy" et "The Wall", les tentatives de mettre en scène un concept-album ont quasiment foiré à chaque fois...Comme "The Crimson Idol" de WASP.

Il ne reste plus qu'à attendre :croise:.
Brothers of Metal
Know no masters
Metal is our religion
Take it to the grave...
bruce bruce
Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams

Message par bruce bruce »

Herr Zed a écrit :

A part "Tommy" et "The Wall", les tentatives de mettre en scène un concept-album ont quasiment foiré à chaque fois...Comme "The Crimson Idol" de WASP.
Je rajouterai quand même Operation : Mindcrime de Queensrÿche et Scenes From A Memory de Dream Theater, pour les concepts albums qui ont marché live.

Je suis sceptique depuis le début sur ce nouveau projet de Priest, et c'est pas cette interview qui va beaucoup me rassurer :/
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live, aces high
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Il faudrait modifier légèrement le titre du topic ;)
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Herr Zed
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Herr Zed »

bruce bruce a écrit :
Herr Zed a écrit :

Je rajouterai quand même Operation : Mindcrime de Queensrÿche et Scenes From A Memory de Dream Theater, pour les concepts albums qui ont marché live.
Oh, pinaise, tu as raison...Autant pour moi ! ;)
Brothers of Metal
Know no masters
Metal is our religion
Take it to the grave...
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ah ben oui quand même !!! :) :bang:

J'avoue que je ne sais pas trop à quoi m'attendre, mais j'ai quand même bien hâte d'écouter ce nouveau Priest ! :bang: :metallian:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Miki
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Miki »

Herr Zed a écrit : A part "Tommy" et "The Wall", les tentatives de mettre en scène un concept-album ont quasiment foiré à chaque fois...Comme "The Crimson Idol" de WASP.

:.
Tu veux une baffe ? :D Sacrilège ! "Crimson Idol" est un chef-d'oeuvre ! :P
Miki

Metal playmobil
Herr Zed
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Herr Zed »

Relis attentivement ma phrase, Miki.... Tu n'as pas compris ce que j'ai écrit.

Pour la tounée "Crimson Idol", Lawless and Co avaient prévu un spectacle qui retranscrivait la trame de l'album (les démêlés avec EMI...). Ils ont présenté le show lors des premiers concerts aux USA, et ils ont vite abandonné.....Vu que les spectateurs pigeaient que dalle :diable:

Voilà pourquoi j'ai dit que la mise en scène de cet album a foiré. Ceci dit, j'adore "The Crimson Idol" (Murders in the new Morgue" est une tuerie :bang:) , que je trouve bien supérieur à "Neon God".
Brothers of Metal
Know no masters
Metal is our religion
Take it to the grave...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Yep, de toute façon j'attends cet album comme le Messie! Bien que l'idée du concept album soit étrange pour Priest, j'espère que le :np: sera quand même bon. :halford:
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

Ah qu'attendre du prochain Priest j'en sais rien, l'album "Angel of retribution" avec le recul est moyen et le live au Japon loin d'être top, surtout quand columbia ressort en DVD le "Live Vengeance 82" juste après.

Rob a pris un gros coup de vieux, c'est evident quand on voit sa prestation sur le live au Japon, il regarde jamais le public, regarde son anti seche assez souvent et ne bouge pratiquement pas, il me fait penser a Ozzy en quand même moins atteint. Comparé a Bruce Dickinson et Byff bifford ou King Diamond, il a beaucoup moins la peche et est vocalement beaucoup plus limité qu'avant.

C'est etonnant mais j'avais trouvé la prestation d'halford en solo beaucoup plus credible pour la tournée ressurection ou en 2002 au graspop.
C'est comme le priest, je trouve qu'il on ralentit les compos en live et le son de la batterie de scott travis elle est triggée a mort.

C'est un fan du priest qui parle mais bon British steel / defender of the faith / screaming for vengeance c'est culte de chez culte
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

D'accord pour Halford, il vieillit assez mal : aussi bien vocalement que scéniquement, il était pas au top sur la tournée de 2004... (faut dire qu'il avait des problèmes de voix les deux fois où je les ai vus). C'est flagrant quand on regarde des vieilles vidéos du Priest des années 80, ou même quand on écoute le Live Insurrection sur lequel il déchire tout. Mais quel charisme !! C'est quand même le Metal God bodel !!! :rock:

Reste que sur Angel Of Retribution, même si sont chant est moins puissant, je le trouve génial. C'est honnête de faire sur album ce qu'il est encore capable de faire en live, un peu comme Dickinson qui chante moins aigu (contrairement à Sheepers par exemple, qui trafique sa voix à fond sur album, si bien que ça fait flop en live, malgré les bidouillages...).
De toute façon, pour moi, Angel Of Retribution c'est LE chef d'oeuvre de ces dernières années en matière de heavy metal "classique". THE PRIEST IS BACK !! :bang:
Modifié en dernier par Gaëtan le 03 avr. 2007, 14:45, modifié 1 fois.
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

Gaëtan a écrit :D'accord pour Halford, il vieillit assez mal : aussi bien vocalement que scéniquement, il était pas au top sur la tournée de 2004... (faut dire qu'il avait des problèmes de vois les deux fois où je les ai vus). C'est flagrant quand on regarde des vieilles vidéos du Priest des années 80, ou même quand on écoute le Live Insurrection sur lequel il déchire tout. Mais quel charisme !! C'est quand même le Metal God bodel !!! :rock:
Putain the concert a l'Elysee montmartre, quel concert de folie, le pire reste le bootleg de stuttgart ou c'est le public qui chante Breaking the law, ca donne des frissons croyez moi

Dire que le concert de l'Elysée montmartre était le premier passage parisien d'Halford depuis le concert avec FIGHT en 93 pour la tournée war of words.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Je suis d'accord.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Je suis d'accord.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Et plutôt deux fois qu'une.
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
bruce bruce

Message par bruce bruce »

Je dirai même plus : putain de concert. :D

L'illustration parfaite d'une tuerie en règle. Inoubliable.
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live, aces high
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

c'est un peu comme le concert de maiden du 9/9/99 quelle baffe avec Transylvannia en guise d'intro, c'était la fete du slip :bang: :bang: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un bouquin non-officiel retraçant toute leur carrière va sortir en septembre :
Omnibus Press will publish Neil Daniels' book "Defenders of the Faith: The True Story of Judas Priest" book in September. According to the book's official description, "Defenders of the Faith" — which is said to be "the first definitive biography of the metal Gods" — "reveals how a group of poor, working-class lads followed in their heroes footsteps. JUDAS PRIEST's entire history is explored from their deprived beginnings in 1960s West Bromwich as an entirely different band. This title includes over 50 interviews with prominent musicians, producers, record company personnel, journalists, childhood friends and ex-members. From their earliest obscure demos to their controversial contract with Gull Records and breakthrough success with CBS, every album and tour is examined. This is the story of constant lineup changes; sell-out tours, battles with American Conservative Fundamentalists, the complete breakdown of the band, and their re-ignition with a new singer in 1996. Finally, their hugely successful reunion in 2003 with Rob Halford — the self-proclaimed Metal God — brought the band back to the attention of the world's greatest stages."

Back in February 2007, JUDAS PRIEST management representative Jayne Andrews posted a message on the group's official web site, stating that "we would like to make it clear to everyone that a book which is due out soon, entitled 'Defenders of the Faith - The True Story of Judas Priest' by Neil Daniels, is not an official book and is not approved by the band. We had absolutely no involvement with this book at all and therefore it is most definitely not the true story of JUDAS PRIEST!!"
Répondre