"Reformation" Anthrax => Worship Music

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre

<t>Pour ou contre la reformation permanente de l'ancien line-up?</t>

POUR, le vrai Anthrax c'est avec Belladonna, Bello et Spitz
43%
CONTRE, rendez-nous John Bush!
34%
Hmmm je sais pas trop...
24%

Nombre total de votes : 68

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

c'est pour fêter la fin de coupe du monde de rugby.... :lol:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Faut pas lui en vouloir, le vigile a simplement envie que Bush revienne. :diable:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia a écrit :c'est pour fêter la fin de coupe du monde de rugby.... :lol:
Enorme le plaquage, il a réussi à attraper le fan ET Belladonna en même temps :lol: :bow:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Allez, encore un petit coup de Belladonna qui enfonce poliment mais fermement Scott Ian. :D
BigMusicGeek.com: At what point did you realize you would again be rejoining the group on a permanent and full-time basis? Was there a particular moment or scenario where everything started to come together as a cohesive unit?

Joey: When I got a call from past management about joining again. I figured we were going to try and move forward. It was really just a matter of working a few of the details out. All I could do was take the call and venture in on a real level versus the [2005] reunion where it was like, "Let's go out and do something for the fans, if you're interested. Don't get too serious here. Let's take some baby steps." Even while I'm in the band at this point, I still wonder how sincere everyone is. I can do the best I can and feel good about what I'm doing yet I still have my doubts about how sincere and how serious everyone is about being together, ya know? I think everyone is on their highest regard at this point, but it's so hard to tell. You just think, "What happened back then? Am I supposed to think that way now?" I just don't talk about anything that happened in the past and just try to stay on the positive side.

BigMusicGeek.com: It's ironic how your involvement with the group has now effectively come full circle. Taking that into consideration, what were your overall impressions of the material they had already completed with [previous singer] Dan Nelson?

Joey: It really is. I've been away from the band for so long. A lot of people have asked me, "Did you just get rid of his vocals?" but I didn't even see any of it. The music wasn't even nearly quite ready to go yet. They were far from being ready. [In some cases], I was singin' to just two tracks. They weren't even full cuts of songs. The stuff wasn't even put together. But it was just as well, really. I didn't hear anything that was finished. I think a lot of the songs weren't even close to being ready to record yet. I'd be damned if they put them together that fast before I got there. We wouldn't have gotten any of these results if they had just laid down and left it where they had it. Again, they could have handed me something completely ready to go, mixed even, with me just needing to add a vocal and there still would have been plenty of work for me to do to make it completed and right. But that's by far not what happened. There was plenty of work goin' on. I keep tellin' people that even if the record just so happened to be done, I still had to sing on it. It's not as if it was all laid out for me to do great. In fact, take me off this record and put someone else on there and see what you get with it. Don't even let them hear what I did; just go in and sing and see what you end up with. You'll get a lot different record. It's the same thing with anything else that happened a long time ago.

BigMusicGeek.com: Aside from "Only", can the average casual fan expect any additional "surprises" from the John Bush era? Has the subject of you covering a certain percentage of the material from that era become a point of contention?

Joey: For me, and I'll say this out loud for everybody, I'm not a huge fan of trying to counter anything that he did or capture all of the songs that he played and they did. When you go down that road, not only do I have to learn the song, but I have to do it in a way that is adequate to him. When he joined, he didn't have much choice. They had one record going and he basically had to do what I did. When I joined, we did all of "Fistful Of Metal" except two songs. And at that point, I didn't care because I had to do what I had to do and I ripped those songs up nicely. It would be interesting to take it on, but I always feel like I need to get the approval of the guys. It's like, "Did I do it right? Did I cover it right? Did I sing it correct? Did I phrase that correctly?" I don't want to sit around and mathematically put all that together. Now that we have a new record out, the last thing I want to do is look back. But I know somewhere in their minds, they're thinking, "I wonder if we can get him to sing some more of that." It somehow bothers me that I have to try and cover all that stuff, ya know? There's so much other music that we could do. I don't mind doing "Only". "Only" was quite fine. It just happened to be suitable. If I don't sound like him on a certain song and they say, "Go get that one," I don't want to go get that one because it ain't me and then I gotta try to find me and make that work and then I've got a problem on my hands because people are writin' in and the last thing about this and that and the last thing I want to do is get ridiculed for something. It's a weird spot to be in. It's something I try not to cross, if I can help it, but it's a weird thing. And even if I did do that and somebody was writin' in, the other guys are like, "That's fine. The hell with them. You'll be fine," and I'll be like, "That's fine for you, but you're not the one that gotta take it." You just to keep ridin' along. Believe me, I'll find a way to not have to battle that. I just don't wanna. Let's face it; he didn't get out of it squeaky clean when he tried to do my stuff. The whole things sucks because they have to sit there and battle a version of their songs. Whenever you do someone else's stuff, it's never going to be what it needs to be. People, and even the band at one time, said that they liked "The Greater Of Two Evils" [ANTHRAX's re-recording of Belladonna-era songs with John Bush on vocals] better, which just kills me. When Scott [Ian, ANTHRAX guitarist] said, "This is exactly how we envisioned these songs," I was like, "Wow." I got a real black eye over that one. I was like, "So you're sayin' that everything we did wasn't quite good and wasn't good enough and on top of that, you said that yourself?" That was brutal. It was tough, man, and I gotta tell you, I totally disagree. Let's put it this way; I don't think they could have even gotten those songs if he had been in the band at that time. It is just a hard topic.
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

On continue à rigoler côté Anthrax ! :D :D

Just when it seems Anthrax have put the debacle of Dan Nelson -- or as guitarist Rob Caggiano called him during out interview, "the other guy" -- behind them, their former singer is now reportedly set to sue the band for "intentional defamation."

New York Post is reporting the Nelson is suing the band for $2.65 million for damages to his career and public image.

"Dan Nelson says drummer Charlie Benante, bassist Frank Bello and guitarist Scott Ian falsely stated in 'numerous interviews' that he had 'abruptly resigned' after getting sick, forcing a cancelation of a tour," said the report. "The Long Island native says his ex-bandmates’ 'intentional defamation' has caused him a loss of income and damaged his reputation."

The lawsuit also alleges that Nelson co-wrote some of Anthrax's new album, Worship Music, and hasn't received proper compensation.
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

voilà pourquoi je n'ai même pas acheté ni écouté leur dernier album... :( :nul:
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

Tu passes a coté d'un album excellent...
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je n'irais pas jusqu'à dire excellent, mais fort sympathique quand même :)
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

dommage que coco ne soit plus là, il l'a détesté...
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Il reviendra en 2012 ;)
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Universal viennent de sortir une compilation d'Anthrax de 11 titres, qui a quand même réussi à se vendre à 64 exemplaires en une semaine. :lol:
The ANTHRAX "Icon" compilation (Island/UMe) sold 64 copies (not a typo) in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The aptly named "Icon" series from Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) launched in August 31, 2010, with releases from 30 major artists spanning rock, pop, R&B and country. The albums feature "the greatest hits, signature tunes and fan favorites of the most popular artists in music history" and promise to offer "unprecedented value to consumers."

Each album, at a "great price," includes roughly a dozen hit tracks.

Released on January 10, 2012, the ANTHRAX "Icon" compilation features the following songs:

01. Madhouse
02. A.I.R.
03. Armed And Dangerous
04. I Am The Law
05. Indians
06. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
07. Antisocial
08. Got The Time
09. Belly Of The Beast
10. Bring The Noise
11. I'm The Man 91
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

ça doit être parce qu'il n'y a même pas Caught in a Mosh dessus. :)
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le clip de "Devil You Know" : http://vimeo.com/35324969
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview de Frank Bello, pour changer un peu :

WVOX.com: 2011 was a slamming and very productive year for Anthrax. The band was featured in the high profile Big 4 concerts in the United States and Worship Music surpassed all expectations for the band. Now, we're still in the early stages of 2012 and Anthrax is going strong on the road with TESTAMENT and DEATH ANGEL. How is Anthrax comprising the set-list on the these shows?

Frank Bello: First off, we've done a lot of touring. The Big 4 shows helped us out big time. It put a fire under our butts. As far as our headlining shows go; thankfully we have this great catalogue that we all love. Then we also have this new record which we all love. Right now as we speak, Anthrax is playing five songs off Worship Music which is really great.

WVOX.com: Anthrax is celebrating their 30th Anniversary as a band. Most marriages don't last that long! How does this make you feel?

Frank Bello: "It's been a great run! It's a great accomplishment. To have this kind of success at this stage of our lives; it's very satisfying. People get it. Metal's alive and well."

WVOX.com: As you look back to when you and the band were writing and then recording Worship Music, did Anthrax just know this was going to be a blockbuster album?

Frank Bello: "I think every record you do, you think you have something great. But this record was something special where we fought tooth and nail. It was one of those times where we just knew we had to get this record out. The way this record flows; every song just goes into the other so well."

WVOX.com: Anthrax reunited, of course, with Joey Belladonna on Worship Music. You have a great video for 'The Devil You Know'.

Frank Bello: " That video was actually made by a fan! We had nothing to do with that. That's how great our fanbase is. The pure love of our fanbase. That's why I love metal. It is real and alive and well."

WVOX.com: In the video for 'The Devil You Know', you're wearing a number 9 Yankees jersey. Where you a big Greg Nettles fan growing up?

Frank Bello: "Yes. Even when I tried to be a third baseman, I was emulating Greg Nettles all through school until my high school teacher told me to stick to music! But, yes, I was a total Greg Nettles fan growing up."

WVOX.com: Anthrax will be prominently featured on the Rock Star Energy Mayhem Festival this Summer which commences in San Bernadino, California on June 30th with SLAYER and SLIPKNOT. What are your thoughts on these shows?

Frank Bello: "It's a great, great bill! We're headlining the second stage. I'm really psyched to part of it. It's the exact tour we need for the Summer. It's all positive all around."
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Très sympa ce clip de "The Devil You Know", et musicalement, le morceau assure bien. Content de retrouver Belladonna dans le groupe. Pour moi, ça a toujours été la voix d'Anthrax.
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

:cd: J'ai attendu de l'avoir bien bien écouté -cet album ne se "donne pas" tout de suite - avant de me prononcer... Je trouve cet album -n'ayons pas peur des mots- tout simplement excellent ! Je l'attendais, et c'est arrivé : le grand retour de BELLADONNA derrière le micro ! Il pose sa voix, il la pousse à fond, il élève les morceaux, et l'Alchimie opère : derrière lui, la "Dream Team" assure méchamment, ce qui donne de véritables petites torpilles c omme les 3 premiers morceaux chantés : quelles claques ! quelle classe ! Ca déménage et c'est très cohérent. Un album que je classerai religieusement près de "Among the Living" . Un album énergique . Du Thrash athlétique .
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Thrash athlétique! :lol: ;) (désolé ça m'a bien fait rire)

C'est sûr que ça bouge plus que le thrash de chambre. :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

:rock: Yes ! Je pense que SCOTT serait d'accord aussi !!!
PE
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par PE »

Je sais plus si je l'ai dit, mais avec le recul, c'est un très bon album, qui aurait pu être une grosse tuerie avec John Bush au chant à mon avis. Je trouve que ça correspond pas au registre de Belladonna, ça fait forcé, même s'il s'en sort bien. L'album a été composé pour Nelson, qui a le même registre que Bush, et à mon sens ça s'entend.

Bref, avec John Bush ça aurait vraiment tué sa race, là c'est très bien mais... Et je ne dis pas ça parce que je suis "pro-Bush" ou "anti-Belladonna". Je suis un gros fan d'Anthrax, de toutes les périodes, et dans l'absolu ma préférée est la première période Belladonna.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe devrait sortir un EP de reprises prochainement :
ANTHRAX will issue an EP of cover songs in September to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the release of the band's latest album, "Worship Music". "It started out as what I call 'The '70s EP'," ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante tells Loudwire. "It's made up of some cover songs from our favorite bands — consisting of RUSH, THIN LIZZY, BOSTON, JOURNEY … We're still working on it now, but I think it's gonna be really cool."

The following covers are expected to appear on the forthcoming EP:

* AC/DC - "T.N.T."
* BOSTON - "Smokin'"
* JOURNEY - "Keep On Runnin'"
* RUSH - "Anthem"

ANTHRAX also recorded a cover version of BLACK SABBATH's classic song "Neon Knights" for inclusion on the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album which is being assembled by the singer's widow and longtime manager Wendy Dio.
Répondre