Magic Circle Festival DVD

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Avec les morceaux qui ne sont pas sur le dvd? Un quintuple live? :D
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

L'infrastructure est super impressionnante :wow:
Prochains concerts:
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Eric Adams est quand même monstrueux :bave: :bave:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Yama
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Yama »

Ben c'est le meilleur.
- L'affreux Warnabot.
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Tout simplement.
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Hellion a écrit :Un cd live du MCF2 (de manowar seulement j'imagine ? ) devrait sortir également
pff et moi qui ai toujours pas le dvd vol 1...
T'as vu ça où au juste? :help:
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Bah comme tout true qui se respecte j'épluche consciencieusement les pages de la House of Death, le forum officiel ! :P
Annoncé par le webmaster et chargé de com du groupe... pas plus de precisions
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Bon je le colle ici. Toujours un plaisir de lire des interviews de manowar.
Joey’s Interview
Published: Friday, November 14 2008
Evenimentul zilei, daily central paper from Romania, showbiz/culture section

Hope you'll enjoy the reading!
I should also say the interview included a mistake, in the lead pharagraph of the text Joey was reffered to as the guitar player. I have left that out of the translation So here goes:

Manowar: “We shall make Tepes rise from the dead”
Upon their arrival in Bucharest, the American band expects “beautiful girls, wild boys, Romanian beer and heavy metal” The American band “Manowar” will headline the “Aftershock” evening, of the Bestfest festival, which will take place in Romexpo Complex from Bucharest, on July 5 2009.
“We shall party down, in the Manowar way, and we shall make Tepes rise from his grave” state the American kings of metal, who are listed in the Guiness Book of Records, as “the loudest band in the world”. Joey de Maio, talks about the upcoming show in Bucharest, the band’s philosophy, and about their projects.

Reporter: The presidential elections in the US are a topic currently discussed worldwide. How interested are you in this aspect?
Joey DeMaio: Manowar is not a band with political concerns, our only concern is to play heavy metal. One of the things that are far more interesting to us than the Americn elections, is the band’s first journey in Romania. As for Obama….I hope he’s into heavy metal! I don’t know any politician on a personal level, and I can’t make a truthful opinion of someone I haven’t met in person. Other than that, it’s as the song goes: “If you’re not into metal/You are not my friend!”

R: Are you in any way affected by the current crisis?
Joey: Heavy metal is able to overcome any period of crisis and hardships. Moreover, if you have the heavy metal spirit in yourself, you will be able to overcome all these critical times. You’ll always notice how the fans of heavy metal stand up for each other and support eachother at all times. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger, that’s the spirit of heavy metal.

R: Sting, who will also perform in Romania next year, stated that, once its classical message has vanished rock music is dead.
Joey: Sting is nothing but shit! Or he has simply grown old! On the other hand, what message is he even talking about? His message has little to no connection with rock music, and is even less related to heavy metal! Wouldn’t you say so? Sting is a pop artist!

R: “Sex, drugs & rock’n’roll?”
Joey: I’ve always lived to the fullest, and I’ve had my share of most of the good sthings that life has to offer. I’ve never tried to give anyone advises on what is good or bad, what to do or not to do. Other that that, all I can say is that I try to keep a sense of moderation in everything I do. Otherwise I wouldn’t be here today. My life has been very offering, and I have lots of things to be thankful for, in addition to the financial aspect. In life, you just have to figure out what money can do for you. Money, in their essence, mean nothing. Only good health brings along wealth.

R: What does Manowar believe in?
Joey: In the world, there are some so called, “noble lies”, including religion and nationalism. They work as a mobilizing factor for an individual or a society. I could say that the ethos of Manowar, and of heavy metal in general, is to simply believe in yourself. There is no great power of changing one’s life around, there is no stronger mean of transformation when it comes to chances and success. If you have faith in yourself you don’t need any “noble lies”!

R: Manowar started out around 1980, at a time during which England dictated the rules of the music business…
Joey: If you refer to the british bands, I would say that we were much rather influenced by Black Sabath, that by Led Zeppelin. British artists were basically brought up in the spirit of classical music, unlike the Americans, and this type of background emerges in their music. The “British invasion” was not essentially based on long hair and jeans with spikes, but much rather on musical concepts which came out at the time where in America pretty much nothing was coming up.

R: You hold the world’s record for the longest live performance in history, after your show in Bulgaria, which lasted for 5 hours and 1 minute. Moreover, you are listed in the Guiness Book of Records under the title of “The world’s loudest band”. What will the concert in Romania be like?
Joey: We are definitely not planning to break another world record, but you never know what could happen…I don’t know yet for how long we’re going to play in Bucharest, I don’t want to make any estimations, but I can surely say that it will surely be more that people expect it to be.

R:What do you expect of Bucharest?
Joey: It’s going to be our first show, in an interesting country, where I’ve never trevelled before. We are looking forward to coming to this place! We expect to see beautiful girls, wild boys, Romanian beer and heavy metal. At this point, I’m not able to say for how long our schedule will allow us to stay in Romania this time, but it would be nice to spend a vacation here. I’ve done a lot of reading on Vlad the Impaler, his position and his importance in the history of Romania. He was a true hero, for many Romanians. Did you know that one of my guitars is called “The Impaler”? I’d really like to see his castle and the place where he is supposed to have been burried.
(*it's my opinion that this is where the mistake in the beginning of the interview is linked to. The reporter probably didn't know tht by one of "his" guitars, Joey means one of the guitars from Magic Circle, not one that he actually plays ;D So, she took him for a guitar player...)

R: Being called the “kings of metal” don’t you find yourselves in a conflict with Judas Priest, who are named the “gods of metal”?
Joey: There is no conflict between us and any band! Personally, I don’t care what Judas Priest does. Or even more, I stay as far as I can from what they are doing. Actually from what they or anybody else is doing.

R: Alice Cooper stated in an interview, for our paper, that most rock star are just “his disobedient children”. Do you feel you are included?
Joey: Alice is one of my favorite artists. I have almost all his CDs. But I’ve never been subject to any influences coming from him.

R: What can yu tell us about “Gods of War” or the upcoming projects?
Joey: For this album we have focused on the Northern gods, that have always played an important part in Manowar’s music. The Northern themes put in a particular light, throughout a specific perspective miths and legends coming from many cultures and even from some religions. We like the Northern mythology, we like their sagas and their themes. We plan to go on, pretty much on the same themes and guiding lines.

R: A message for the Romanian fans?
Joey: When our heavy metal will finally blast on Romanian ground, it will like coming home!Even Vlad Tepes will rise from the dead! Have no fear, he will be harmless because he will party down in the Manowar way!
jesus
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jesus »

putain mais le mec avec son débardeur fighting the world il fait tous les concerts de manowar au premier rang ou quoi ? :lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ah ouais ça c'est bien une interview 100% Joey, avec un tout petit poil de sincérité et un surtout maximum de comédie Manowaresque :D
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

=T=

Le HEAVY METAL SPIRIT nous fera sortir de la crise et si Obama aime le HEAVY METAL c'est notre ami :fist: :fist: :fist:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

jesus a écrit :putain mais le mec avec son débardeur fighting the world il fait tous les concerts de manowar au premier rang ou quoi ? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dans la séquence "speeches" du 2ème dvd, y a un speech au concert interminable de Bulgarie, dans lequel Eric Adams arrache la feuille de la set-list et la donne à ce gars en disant que c'est le true fan qui est au premier rang à tous les concerts de Manowar.
Bon il dit aussi que c'est la première feuille d'une longue série sur la set-list :D
Répondre