Jon Oliva's Pain

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

De maigres news sur le prochain album...

JOP is currently hard at work in pre-production for the 4th release, as well as preparing for the Euro-Festivals and South American tours in 2009." -
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Former Lee Warmer
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Former Lee Warmer »

il n'empêche que le père Oliva n'a jamais été aussi productif !!
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Ils choment pas en studio !

Et ils sont annoncés dans 5 fests estivaux minimum...

JON OLIVA'S PAIN, the band led by the SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva, has issued the following update:

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN is deep into pre-production for our fourth release, due out later this year. 13 songs are on the table, with another six still in their infancy. Expect us to deliver another 60-plus minutes. We are determined to make this record heavier and more diverse than the previous three CDs. We have done quite a bit of experimenting over the past two albums, but there is a real desire to push our performances and Oliva's voice harder than ever. Recording will begin at Morrisound Studios in Tampa [Florida] in late March.

"Touring news: JON OLIVA'S PAIN is so far confirmed for five European festivals (more to follow) as well as dates in South America. Festival appearances, South American dates and Euro acoustic shows will be announced in the coming weeks. We will hit the U.S./Europe again in the fall of 2009 in support of our next release and we are in negotiations to film a live DVD for an early 2010 release. The DVD will feature not only JON OLIVA'S PAIN material, but also a healthy onslaught of SAVATAGE classics."

JON OLIVA'S PAIN's latest album, "Global Warning", was released in the U.S. in May 2008 via Locomotive Records. The CD features a guest appearance by guitarist Ralph Santolla (OBITUARY, ex-DEICIDE, DEATH, ICED EARTH) on two songs: "Adding the Cost" and "You'll Never Know".
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview du batteur au sujet du nouvel album : http://carlbegai.com/2009/03/11/jon-oli ... -insanity/
“We’re deep in the throes of it. We’ve got 13 songs that Jon and I have been working on for about three months, and there are half a dozen or more that are still on the plate. There’s a definite feeling with Jon, and I see this on a regular basis, of a renewed spirit of wanting to stuff the hardest material he can down everybody’s throats (laughs). I think it’s going to end up being a Global Warning meets Doctor Butcher thing. It’s really true, and now that I’m so deep into the record with him I can honestly say that’s probably the direction the new record is headed. We’re leaning off the ballads a bit and we have a couple epic songs, of course, but Jon really wants to get back to where its killer riffs, old school Criss Oliva stuff that we’re still digging out of the closet.”

“Jon is kind of on a mission, I think,” Kinder adds. “I don’t know if he’s going old school or whatever, but when we were getting into working on the demos we were sitting here at the house and he told me that he just wanted to punch everybody right in the face with the first five or six songs on the new record. Jon is going to be 50 this year, and the amount of energy he has for the music… I’m at a loss for words. To watch him sit and think about what’s going on as we try to record these songs, it’s interesting to say the least, and maybe even a bit scary (laughs)."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album devrait sortir en octobre :
JON OLIVA'S PAIN drummer Christopher Kinder has issued the following update:

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN is currently in final negotiations with AFM Records for the release of our fourth CD (due out October 2009) and our first live DVD, to be filmed in early 2010. We are planning a two-hour show with a setlist consisting of the four JON OLIVA'S PAIN CDs as well as a healthy assault of SAVATAGE classics!

"We are very happy with our relationship and agressive promotion that AFM Records has consistently delivered... and we are sincerely greatful for their support and dedication!

"With regards to the upcoming CD... We have completed 90% of the arrangements for 11 songs plus two additional bonus tracks. This CD should prove to be much heavier and far more agressive overall than our previous releases. A few epic songs are always part of the equation, but we wanted to make a record that was more in line with 'Maniacal Renderings' meets 'Hall of Mountain King'.... and the current demos prove to be just that.

"We will begin recording at Morrisound Studios in July and deliver the record on time for an October release. Oliva continues to write at a feverish pace and he is hell bent on delivering one of his most agressive and powerful vocal performances to date!

"The upcoming European festival/club tour dates are almost complete. We are stoked to be hitting a number of countries that we have not yet performed in, including Turkey, Romania and Finland. This will be our busiest summer tour to date and a true testament to our increasing fan base who are supporting JON OLIVA'S PAIN and the rich SAVATAGE history with great enthusiasm."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre