Jon Schaffer ambitieux pour Iced Earth

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il annonce la couleur du prochain double album! L'histoire complète de Something Wicked, part 1 et 2.
C'est long à lire mais intéressant pour les fans :
ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has posted the follwing message on the band's official web site:

"I know I've been really lame with the updates and I'm sorry about that. We've let things get pretty lax here at IcedEarth.com and we're going to be making some changes in this in the not-too-distant future.

"As some of you are aware, I'm not really the Internet type of guy and only use it for my email, and even that I avoid often (which does annoy my business associates at times; but hey, that's what phones are for!), so I spend as little time as possible on a computer; unless it's my studio computer and I'm spending a LOT of time on that one. Tim [Owens, ICED EARTH singer] enjoys surfing and all of that stuff so he's going to be involved in the IE site a lot more in the future. You'll be seeing some big changes in the site with the release of the next IE CD.

"Which actually brings me to the next bit of news... I'm completely consumed in the writing process of what will be by far the most ambitious album(s) IE has ever done. Some of you probably know that the next two releases will comprise the full concept album of the 'Something Wicked' storyline, Part 1 & Part 2. I know it's taken quite some time to get this beast on its way to fruition, but it IS finally happening, and I really feel the time is right. The goal is to make this our most epic, dynamic, most melodic and heaviest CD ever. Because of the depth and detail of the story it would be impossible to do it on one CD, there simply is not enough time, so I'm writing both parts at one time so that the continuity is there. If I were to wait a year or two to start writing part 2 I would be in a completely different frame of mind and it wouldn't work nearly as well, so the best thing is to do all the writing at once. We'll get Part 1 recorded, mixed and released and then finish part 2 which will come out about 6 months later. That's at least the preliminary plan. We are still pretty early in the process but things are starting to move along nicely.

"I know it's been some time since the release of 'The Glorious Burden' and I ask you to please be patient because what's coming next is going to blow you away. This is the album that IE fans have been waiting for.

"I want to apologize to the European fans for not making it over there for a headline tour on the last album. My back problems got too intense to be on the road and that really screwed things up for everyone, myself, the rest of the guys in the band, our crew, the promoters etc. We would have toured a lot more than we did had I not had these problems. The great thing is that the last surgical procedure I had in October of 2004 seems to have worked to make the pain much more tolerable. I did very extensive therapy for many months and am committed to being in the best shape of my life by the time we tour again. It's good to be enjoying life for the first time in a very long time.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you that have picked up the DEMONS & WIZARDS 'Touched by the Crimson King' CD. Sales have been excellent worldwide and again have exceeded myself and Hansi's [Kürsch, BLIND GUARDIAN and DEMONS & WIZARDS frontman] expectations. It outsold the first release in mere months in many territories (including the U.S.), around the world and charted high in several European countries. The normal mode of operation is to get out and push the CD by doing live shows but due to Hansi's activities with BLIND GUARDIAN and my writing schedule for the next IE release it will probably be a while before we do any live shows. We knew we had a small window of opportunity to get this one recorded and released and were aware that touring was going to be done at a later date from the beginning. We felt it had been too long since the first CD was released so we opted for this plan instead of waiting another two years to get the second CD out. We will be doing a live CD at some point here in the States, probably NYC, and that's sure to be quite an event!

"2005 was a very special year for me. My daughter was born and it's been by far the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. After so many years of ass-breaking work to keep this band alive and successful, it was time for me to take care of #1. So I devoted my time to my health and my family and it was great. My batteries definitely needed recharging. Things are in perspective like never before and I feel more determined and more focused than ever. I can say in full confidence that this is coming through in the music.

"Contrary to some rumors, IE is still very much alive and will be coming back with a vengeance, stronger and more driven than ever to spread our brand of metal. Tim, Bobby [Jarzombek, drums] and I are very much looking forward to getting these CDs in the can and getting back out to see you all again.

"I haven't concentrated until recently with filling the open positions as there are plenty of very talented musicians out there that would love to be a part of the IE legacy. We get hit with demos and email constantly from a lot of great players, even when we're not looking. I'm checking out a few people and announcements will be made when the decisions have been made.

"I'll leave another post here in the near future with some titles and updates on the writing and happenings in IE world."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Ranu
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Ranu »

L'idée de concept album peut être intéressant...Le père Schaffer a toujours vu les choses en grand pour son groupe, de toutes façons, question musique, textes ou pochettes.

Mais son style me fatigue de plus en plus. C'est un fan de Maiden notoire et ça s'entend : Steve Harris a comme marque de fabrique les rythmiques galopantes ?
Jon l'a bien compris vu qu'il en fout partout sur ses albums. Il semble en pilotage automatique question écriture.

Bref, pas très emballé par le gars Jon...Je préfère largement sa soeur, Claudia. :dehors:
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

quelle ambition.........y devrait embaucher Harris pour les lignes de basse et l'on obtiendrait peut être enfin l'album de heavy ultime non ???
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Moi, m'en tape, j'adore ce style

Iced Earth Rules !!! :bang:
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Ce qui compte, c'est qu'il y aura un nouvel album d'iced earth! :bang: Après, si , c'est ambitieux, tant mieux, mais l'important c'est que ça pète tout :diable:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

je suis un peu sceptique quand à la capacité de Jon de faire une tuerie sur 2 Cd's mais bon attendons de voir...
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Très bien tout ça ! il a l'air emballé par son projet Schaffer ! c quand même un sacré type, on peut lui faire confiance pour avoir un album de qualité !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Schaffer vient d'engager un nouveau guitariste pour Iced Earth : Ernie Carletti.

http://www.erniecarletti.com/
Jon Schaffer a écrit :I just wanted to make a quick but significant announcement. After auditioning some very good guitar players I've made a decision. The man who will be handling the majority of the guitar solos on the next record as well as touring with us on 'The Wicked World Tour' is an awesome player named Ernie Carletti.

"As has been the case in the past we may have a few guests do a solo or two on the epic that this way comes, but the majority will be handled by Ernie. He is a world-class player and truly one of the best guitarists I've had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with. We're going to make a good team, I'm sure. We were introduced through Bernie at Bernie Rico, Jr. Guitars who is the son of the BC Rich founder/legend Bernie Rico. If you want to see some amazing top quality hand built guitars go to http://www.ricojrguitars.com and see what this master builder has been up to the last few years. I'll be auditioning bass players as well very soon so there will be announcements made in the not-too-distant future for that position.

"The writing is moving along well and I'll have a few details for you on the next post, but for now I've gotta run... so much to do, so little time."
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

J'aime bien le design de sa Flying V.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
blackoum
Bloody Vivaldi
Bloody Vivaldi

Message par blackoum »

ils sont si ambitieux pour les albums, que j'aimerai qu'ils sortent un DVD, à mon avis il sera des plus complet.
c'est quand même les seuls qui nous ont pondu un triple live avec pas moins de 31 morceaux. excellent. :bang:
Sinon musicalement j'adore , je les ai connu dés la sortie de "iced earth", que j'ai acheté sans perdre une seconde, le seul album que je n'aime pas c'est "horror show".
"The glorious burden", au début j'ai été fréiné par le manque de riff,(comme ils savaient si bien les faire sur les deux premiers albums) et au fil des écoutes j'ai trouvé qu'il sagissait d'un très bon album, le chant de owen ne m'a pas dérangé du tout.
maintenant on va attendre ce dble album.
blackoum
Bloody Vivaldi
Bloody Vivaldi

Message par blackoum »

voilà le nom du nouveau guitariste.
SITE OFFICIEL :Guitarist found
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Jon Schaffer on 2006-06-30 07:56:25:
Greetings!!!

I just wanted to make a quick but significant announcement. After auditioning some very good guitar players I've made a decision. The man who will be handling the majority of the guitar solos on the next record as well as touring with us on "The Wicked World Tour" is an awesome player named Ernie Carletti. As has been the case in the past we may have a few guests do a solo or two on the epic that this way comes, but the majority will be handled by Ernie. He is a world class player and truly one of the best guitarists I've had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with. We're going to make a good team, I'm sure. We were introduced through Bernie at Bernie Rico, Jr. Guitars who is the son of the BC Rich founder/legend Bernie Rico. If you want to see some amazing top quality hand built guitars go to http://www.ricojrguitars.com and see what this master builder has been up to the last few years.

I'll be auditioning bass players as well very soon so there will be announcements made in the not too distant future for that position.

The writing is moving along well and I'll have a few details for you on the next post, but for now I've gotta run.......so much to do, so little time.

Take care all!

Jon

[Views: 1880]
Plantigrade
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Plantigrade »

weik a écrit :Moi, m'en tape, j'adore ce style

Iced Earth Rules !!! :bang:
Mais Edguy rules encore plus :p ;)
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

blackoum a écrit :voilà le nom du nouveau guitariste.
Regarde plus haut. :P

Plantigrade: Comparer Iced Earth et Edguy, c'est comme comparer Motörhead et Whitesnake, ça n'a pas lieu car ce ne sont pas des groupes qui font vraiment dans le même genre.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
blackoum
Bloody Vivaldi
Bloody Vivaldi

Message par blackoum »

exact, autant pour moi. J'ai pas bien regardé, ça m'apprendra. ;)
Plantigrade
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Plantigrade »

Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit : Plantigrade: Comparer Iced Earth et Edguy, c'est comme comparer Motörhead et Whitesnake, ça n'a pas lieu car ce ne sont pas des groupes qui font vraiment dans le même genre.
Bon j'avoue c'était un peu par soucis de contrariété ^^
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Histoire glauque : leur nouveau guitariste a été arrêté et accusé de rapt et viol d'une fillette de 3 ans :/ :beurk: Maintenant faut attendre que ce soit prouvé...

Jon Schaffer a écrit :Early this afternoon I learned of the situation concerning Ernie's arrest and the charges made against him. I am in complete shock and find it very hard to believe to be true. At this point I have to believe him innocent until proven guilty. I urge all others to remember that this is our way, the way of a free society. If at some point the facts prove otherwise then I will address it accordingly.

"I support our nation of laws and crimes against the innocent should not be tolerated, ever. Just as judging people without all the facts should never be accepted.

"When I have more concrete info about this situation I will post either through BLABBERMOUTH.NET or the ICED EARTH website.
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Roh merde...C'est pas demain la veille qu'on va les revoir ceux là :hum:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
slashvar
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par slashvar »

Le seul truc qui me gène dans un nouveau Iced Earth, c'est de me dire "cet album aurait été tellement mieux avec le précédant chanteur ... "

Enfin ...

(non, je ne supporte pas la voix d'Owen, pas plus, d'ailleurs, que les délires nationnalistes ricains comme sur le dernier.)
La croyance que rien ne change provient soit d'une mauvaise vue, soit d'une mauvaise foi.
La première se corrige, la seconde se combat.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche -- "La naissance de la tragédie"
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Rah bah enfin quelqu'un comme moi qui regrette la bonne vieille époque :,( :up:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
PE
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par PE »

Fangface a écrit :Histoire glauque : leur nouveau guitariste a été arrêté et accusé de rapt et viol d'une fillette de 3 ans :/ :beurk: Maintenant faut attendre que ce soit prouvé...
Tu as mal lu : il est accusé d'un viol commis il y a 3 ans, mais sur une étudiante d'université. C'est pas mieux, mais c'est un peu moins gerbatoire, si je me fais comprendre... Ca reste immonde quand même, mais enfin bon, "innocent until proven guilty" comme on dit.
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

oui mais quand tu es dans le metal c'est "guilty 'till im proven innocent", comme dirait Gene Simmons. :lol:
Ai je besoin de preciser dans quelle chanson ? non ? bien...
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Les affaires s'arrangent pas pour Carletti, il viens d'être mis en détention provisoire suite à cette affaire, il est aussi poursuivis pour détention illégale d'armes... caution fixée à 355 000 dollars. Schaffer va devoir se trouver un autre guitariste je pense...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

PE a écrit :Tu as mal lu : il est accusé d'un viol commis il y a 3 ans, mais sur une étudiante d'université. C'est pas mieux, mais c'est un peu moins gerbatoire, si je me fais comprendre... Ca reste immonde quand même, mais enfin bon, "innocent until proven guilty" comme on dit.
En effet, après relecture.

slashvar a écrit :(non, je ne supporte pas la voix d'Owen, pas plus, d'ailleurs, que les délires nationnalistes ricains comme sur le dernier.)
Je lis ça très souvent mais franchement je ne vois toujours pas ce qu'il y a de si nationaliste que ça dans le dernier Iced Earth.

Car hormis le larmoyant "When the Eagles Cry" péniblement "over"-patriot au point d'en être risible (à mon goût du moins), mais sans être "nationaliste" non plus, ça parle de batailles historiques du début à la fin. Attila, Red Baron et Waterloo, ça ne concerne pas trop les States ;)
Pas que je partage l'abus de sentimentalité guerrière (le brave "héros" qui meurt toujours fièrement au combat pour de nobles causes, c'est un peu lavage de cerveau comme idée) et de la vengeance à tout prix, mais je ne vois pas vraiment pas ce que ça a de "nationaliste" si on reste purement dans le cadre de l'album. D'ailleurs "Valley Forge" est plutôt une critique des américains...
Pour moi c'est un procès d'intention qui a été fait au groupe par la presse européenne à cause des positions personnelles de Schaffer.

Alors que l'album en lui-même parle d'histoire, exactement comme Maiden ont pu le faire et le font encore. La différence c'est que c'est mieux écrit chez Maiden :D
Sur The Glorious Burden c'est pas spécialement du haut niveau, ça c'est clair, mais ça reste de l'histoire quand même.
Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

ça c'est clair que The Glorious Burden n'est pas un album de haut niveau. Je le considère comme le plus mauvais de ICED EARTH. Je pense que la voix de Owen y est pour beaucoup. Rendez nous Barlow et pondez nous un putain d'album.
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

Boulet, c'est le meilleur album depuis SWTWC.
En même temps pour un mec qui trouve Marduk mélodieux :diable:
du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
Répondre