Brad Delp (Boston) 1952-2007

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un fantastique chanteur nous a quitté :,(

A 55 ans seulement.
Il aura été le chanteur d'un des plus grands groupes de rock/hard US, leur premier album reste énorme!

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Ah bah merde! Je viens juste de recevoir leur 1er album hier et il est effectivement énorme!

très belle voix en tout cas :,(

Dommage que Boston ait eu une carrière un peu à la GUns and roses.
jerome83
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jerome83 »

ben merde alors !!! Mon premier disque avec le deep purple "in rock" pour ma comunion !!! .........en 1981 !!
RIP !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les hommages de Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath) et Joe Perry (Aerosmith) :
Geezer Butler: "I was very saddened today when I heard the news of Brad Delp's passing away. We had the pleasure of touring with BOSTON in the late 1970s, and they were one of the few guest acts that I used to watch every night, before SABBATH took to the stage. A nicer bunch of people would be impossible to find, and a fantastic band and debut album, which still sounds as good today as it did then. What an incredible singer Brad was — one of the all-time greatest voices. He will be greatly missed."

Joe Perry: "The few times I did meet him, he was very down-to-earth and seemed like a great guy, without any of the ego baggage. He had one incredible, amazing set of pipes. He is going to be sorely missed in this city [Boston] and the music-loving world."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sa mort fut un suicide... :(
The Associated Press reports that the family of rock musician Brad Delp said Wednesday his death last week was a suicide.

In a statement relayed through police, the family gave no other details of Delp's death at his Atkinson home on Friday. Police have said his fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, found him there.

Delp, 55, was the lead singer for the band BOSTON, which was founded in the 1970s.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the statement said. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

The statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and his mother, Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received. They asked that their privacy be respected.
Merlin
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Merlin »

Brad Delp, le chanteur de Boston, s'est suicidé

La famille du chanteur du groupe Boston, Brad Delp, dit que l'homme de 55 ans s'est suicidé, selon l'Associated Press.

Dans un communiqué transmis par la police, la famille de l'artiste n'a pas donné d'autres détails en lien avec sa mort. Les forces policières ont dit que son corps avait été retrouvé par sa fiancée, Pamela Sullivan.

Dans le communiqué, on a vanté la générosité du chanteur. «Il a donné aussi longtemps qu'il le pouvait. Il était maintenant très fatigué. Nous nous réconfortons en sachant qu'il est maintenant en paix», affirme la famille.

Sullivan, les enfants de Delp et sa mère sont contents des témoignages de sympathie qu'ils ont reçus. Ils demandent toutefois qu'on respecte leur intimité.

La formation Boston, formée dans les années 70, s'est fait connaître avec des succès comme «More Than a Feeling», «Don't Look Back» et «Amanda».
Merlin
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une courte vidéo de Michael Sweet de STRYPER accompagnant BOSTON lors du concert hommage à Brad Delp, et il est royalement impeccable :up:

:pointer:
Watch fan-filmed video footage of STRYPER singer Michael Sweet singing "More than a Feeling" with BOSTON at the Brad Delp tribute show on August 19 at the Bank Of America Pavilion in Boston, Massachusetts:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La famille de Brad Delp va regrouper des inédits jamais terminés pour en faire un album, dont voici une démo :

http://braddelpfoundation.org/#
Late BOSTON lead singer BRAD DELP's daughter, Jenna Delp, has posted the following update:

"June 12th of this year marks what would have been my Father’s 61st birthday, and all of us at the Foundation have been working hard to come up with the perfect way to honor him this year. For starters, we’re debuting the first incarnation of the new and improved Brad Delp Foundation website! We hope you enjoy the new pictures and videos, and stay tuned for even more fun new updates still to come in the weeks ahead!

"Secondly, as many of you know, we have spent the past few years working on restoring my Dad’s catalogue of unreleased songs, with the aim of putting them together as an album to release to the public. This has been a MASSIVE undertaking! Many of my Dad’s master tapes were damaged in a flood that took out a good part of his basement. Thanks to the tireless efforts of his good friend Roger Carmody, who spent many months baking the mold off of the tapes (and getting sick in the process!), we’ve managed to salvage a great deal of these recordings and are finally now in the home stretch of this labor of love. The completed album will be a compilation of songs spanning from the early 70s through the 90s, in different genres, featuring Dad alone and with his closest friends and colleagues. It is our goal with this project to let the public hear my Dad as those of us closest to him have always known him. These songs are a glimpse of the man, apart from the band, doing what he was born to do in the purest possible form and I can’t wait for you to hear it!

"To that end, we’ve decided that the perfect way to celebrate Dad’s birthday this year is to give you a little sneak preview of what’s to come! The song (here) is the raw and unmastered version of the upcoming album track 'Alone' which my Dad wrote back in 1973! It’s the oldest recording we have, featuring my Dad along with Roger Carmody and Tom Febonio. Listen carefully for the playful banter at the beginning between Dad and Roger, and the tiny little “chirp” at the very end, which Roger tells me was actually Dad doing his best impression of a parakeet! Classic Brad!"
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Merde ça craint, je venais tout juste de me pencher sur le groupe et leur fameux premier disque.

Qu'il repose en paix.
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Répondre