Overlorde (US heavy metal)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mauvaise nouvelle pour les amateurs de ce vieux et bon p'tit groupe de Heavy Metal US, leur talentueux chanteur Bobby Lucas se barre (il s'occupe dans un tribute band à Judas Priest...).

Il est remplacé par Chris Colfax.

:pointer: http://www.overlorde.com/
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Vraiment con ! ce gars avait une putain de voix ! en même temps Overlorde ça ronronne sévère depuis quelques années, il en avait peut être marre d'attendre...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

bien dommage, mais c'est vrai que depuis Return of the snow Giant il y a 3 ans, plus rien.... quel chanteur et quel album, au moins il reste un disque à écouter et un super souvenir de concert au Keep it True.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On peut écouter "Snow Giant" live avec le nouveau chanteur ici :

:pointer: http://www.myspace.com/overlorde

Mouais... pas mauvais mais j'suis pas convaincu non plus.
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

pas mauvais effectivement mais moins percutant que Bobby Lucas, à voir ce que ça donne en studio.
Au moins il n'a pas l'air de pratiquer le beuglement de taureau en rut et il reste dans le style du groupe.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bobby Lucas est déjà de retour :
New Jersey-based metallers OVERLORDE have issued the following:

"Ovelorde are happy to announce the return of none other than Bobby 'Leather Lungs' Lucas as their new vocalist! Bobby and the guys are anxious to begin working on material for their follow-up to Return Of The Snow Giant, which received unanimous critical acclaim in the European and North American metal press."

Bobby is quoted as saying: "I couldn't be happier about returning to Ovelorde. Our release, Return Of The Snow Giant, is some of my best work ever and I plan on giving the next album 110%. I have been through some tough times and battled illness and tragedy in my life over the past 3 years, but I have come through it a much stronger person. I feel better than ever, and my voice is stronger than it's ever been in the 24 years that I've been a vocalist! Mark, John, and Dave are like family to me and it feels like I never left the group. I also want to thank them and the fans for sticking by me and making it all worthwhile! Cheers everyone!!!"

"Bobby is also currently fronting one of the top IRON MAIDEN tributes in US, called SANCTUARY. For gig dates and where you can see them perform, go to ironmaidentribute.com, or myspace.com/ironmaidentribute. You can send Bobby an email at: myspace.com/leatherlungslucas
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

ça commence à bouger un peu ! c'est parfait le retour de Lucas ! j'espère qu'ils vont pas mettre trop de temps pour sortir le nouvel album !
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

C'est une bonne nouvelle , je les voyais mal partis sans Bobby Lucas et après l'album d'anthologie qu'ils ont fait avec lui !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Lucas a quitté le groupe une nouvelle fois (pour rejoindre Attacker), après que le guitariste/leader d'Overlorde ait engagé un procès contre un vieux groupe underground US homonyme! Ce dernier était sur le point de sortir un album ou une compilation, et s'est quand même renommé en Overlorde S.R. pour éviter les problèmes, mais malgré cela ça va se finir au tribunal.
'fin c'est complètement ridicule vu les ventes des deux groupes, sans parler du nombre de groupes homonymes aux USA... :hum:
OVERLORDE (N.J.) singer Bobby 'Leatherlungs' Lucas has sent BraveWords.com the following statement regarding the current legal battle between OVERLORDE (N.J.) vs. OVERLORDE S.R.:

"I would like the metal community to know that I want to distance myself from the whole Overlorde (N.J.) vs. Overlorde S.R. dispute. There has been some controversy in the underground scene lately regarding this trademark defense, and I feel the whole thing is a bit silly. In a sub-genre of metal as underground as we are, we need to help each other out as much as possible. Personally I wish OSR had contacted Overlorde in the very beginning because I feel it could have been worked out by them making a slight change. Since the suit started, I have made my feelings known, but I was out-voted. Since I'm not an original member of Overlorde, and I don't agree, I feel it's best for the band to pursue this without my being involved. I'm hoping a decision can be made that is fair to both bands. As most of you know, I have been very focused on and excited about the upcoming ATTACKER release, and I hope to help them continue their awesome legacy in metal history! Cheers!"
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

tu' m'étonnes !!! Bon je crois que c'est un peu la fin pour ce groupe, 5 ans sans actu pratiquement !!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils sont encore vivants, mais ils cherchent un label et des concerts avec une démo :
New Jersey heavy metallers Overlorde have released three new demo recordings and the band is excited to share new music with the metal world. The songs are “Awaken The Fury”, “The Madness Within”, and “Destroy Us All”. The tracks are available on the band’s newly revised website Overlorde.com.

The band comments: “This is just the first solid step in bringing more Overlorde to the masses. Interested record labels, music festival promoters, etc, are encouraged to contact the band to see how we can work together to get a full new Overlorde album out and some metal festival performances arranged.”
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe prépare un album.
"Across the Sea amidst the Horizon, Overlorde forever binds us!"

Those lyrics first exploded from Overlorde's eponymous song on the band's debut EP in 1987. The lyrics remerged on their 2004 album "Return of the Snow Giant", which in 2015 was named one of the "Top 100 U.S. Metal albums of all time" by Germany's Deaf Forever magazine.

And now Overlorde itself emerges yet again. "Awaken the Fury" is Overlorde's third release and will be issued on CD and vinyl by No Remorse Records.

Overlorde founding members Mark "M.E." Edwards (Flying V) and John "Kong" Bunucci (bass) are joined by M.E.'s longtime friend George Janeira on drums and vocalist George Tsalikis of Zandelle fame on vocals.

The album has been completed and features ten songs with epic artwork. Clocking in at 56 minutes, song topics include historical and fantasy battles as well as songs about the human condition.

"Awaken the Fury" reflects the range of hard and heavy metal influences in the band. And with Kong's bass playing on "Return of the Snow Giant" having been compared to Geezer Butler, the new album further highlights Kong's truly dynamic playing. George Janeira's drumming is the perfect complement to Kong's bass. M.E. pilots his Flying V through the sonic storm with George Tsalikis' soaring vocals topping it all off.

M.E. notes: "We are beyond psyched to be working with No Remorse to release 'Awaken the Fury'. The album has indeed been a long time coming, with the initial songwriting beginning in 2007. But it has absolutely benefitted from this extended period." M.E. continued, "John, George Janeira, and I discovered metal and hard rock in the late '70s. That DNA is in our souls, and we continue to blend it with the metal style we loved in the '80s. Combined with the songwriting of George Tsalikis, we have created an album that will once again stand out."

No Remorse Records will follow "Awaken the Fury" with a CD and vinyl reissue of Overlorde's debut EP, often referred to as their 1987 EP. This has also been completed and includes three live bonus tracks of previously unreleased songs.

Overlorde hopes to arrange live performances in 2024 and looks forward to reconnecting with their fans.
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Incroyable ! Je pensais qu'ils avaient tout arrêté
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »