reformation de Ruthless

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce vieux groupe californien de Power Metal US s'est reformé, alors ils rééditent des vieilleries comme leur premier EP :
eactivated Southern California metal band RUTHLESS has signed a deal with Italy's My Graveyard Productions for the re-release of its 1984 "Metal Without Mercy" five-song EP. According to the group, "We will have a new cover with updated photos and a custom insert. It will be released worldwide. It will be available Febuary of 2009."

In other news, RUTHLESS has been confirmed for the 2010 edition of Italy's Play It Loud festival. More information will be made available soon.

RUTHLESS's current lineup includes former DARK ANGEL guitarist Jim Durkin, who joined the band earlier this fall. Durkin said, "Sammy D. [RUTHLESS vocalist] is an ol' buddy of mine for over 20 years! We have a lot of laughs together...and more than a few beers! They were one of the heavier bands around back in the day. DARK ANGEL and RUTHLESS played a lot of the same clubs in the '80s. So it seems like a nice fit. Their schedule is in line with mine so that I can work with them."

RUTHLESS was formed in 1982 by lead guitarist Kenny McGee and lead vocalist Sami D. The band released a Bill Metoyer-produced five-song EP, "Metal Without Mercy", on Iron Works Records in America, Banzai/Polygram in Canada and Axe Killer in France. A full-length album entitled "Discipline of Steel" followed in 1985.

RUTHLESS disbanded in 1990 but reformed earlier this year.
Live en 86 :
[youtube][/youtube]
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un nouvel est prévu, le premier en... 28 ans.
U.S. metal act Ruthless has signed on with Pure Steel Records. The band is currently in the studio with Bill Metoyer recording the sophomore full length album and first release in 28 years.

In 1984, the band issued the debut EP "Metal Without Mercy" via Iron Works Records. In 1986, the band released the critically acclaimed debut "Discipline Of Steel" through Axe Killer Records.

More information on the new album is expected soon. The current lineup is:

Sammy DeJohn (ex-Scarred) - vocals
Kenny McGee - guitars
Dave Watson - guitars
Marc McGee - bass
Jason VanSlyke - drums
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Sa sortie est confirmée pour la fin du mois :
RUTHLESS "They Rise" - Cover, Tracklist, release date: 30th January 2015
The release date of the new RUTHLESS album "They Rise" on CD is January 30th 2015. The preorder phase will start on January 17th 2015 in our webshop.

With their EP „Metal Without Mercy“ (1984) and the album „Discipline Of Steel“ from 1986 RUTHLESS from L.A. got a special place in the hearts of all US Metal fans. Since 1990, the Californians were on hiatus for almost 20 years. The revival took place at Keep It True in 2009. Five years later we’re finally proud to announce the first studio album after almost 30 years.
With „They Rise“ the quartet stick back to their their roots: Classical, straight-forward and sometimes aggressive US Metal, powered by a tight rhythm-section, thundering doublebass and great, thundering riffing. Original frontman Sammy DeJohn meanwhile sings with a higher voice than known before, but still delivers the aggression of the good, old days. Additionally to the nine new songs we put the whole „Metal Without Mercy“-EP on the album as bonus. With classics like „Gates Of Hell“ and „Metal Without Mercy“ every real Metalhead will be completely satisfied.
RUTHLESS is back in their old strength; the cult is still alive!

TRACKLIST:
1. Defender
2. Laceration
3. Traitor
4. They Rise
5. Hang Man
6. Time Waits
7. Out Of The Ashes
8. Frustration
9. Systematic Terror
10. Gates Of Hell
11. Metal Without Mercy
12. Bury The Axe
13. The Fever
14. Mass Killer

Total Playing Time: 60:38 min

LINE-UP:
Sammy DeJohn - vocals
Kenny McGee - guitars
Dave Watson - guitars
Marc McGee - bass
Jason VanSlyke – drums

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils sont encore actifs.
Legendary US Metal cult band Ruthless kicks off pre-order for the new studio album “The Fallen” and reveals first single & video “Betrayal”
The name RUTHLESS in itself means “without mercy.” Since the early 1980’s, lead by vocalist Sammy DeJohn, the band has stayed true to its style of metal, from the classic first EP “Metal Without Mercy” (1984) and the debut cult album “Discipline Of Steel” (1986), to the current albums “They Rise” (2015)” and “Evil Within” (2019), they’ve never wavered on the power of bands like JUDAS PRIEST, ACCEPT and BLACK SABBATH, always staying true to their roots. Today, RUTHLESS kick off the pre-order for their fourth and new album “The Fallen”, which will be released on January 12th, 2024. “You can expect it to be very powerful with a throwback to the early days of the band. This album will give you everything Ruthless”, comments Sammy DeJohn, who founded the band in 1982.
“The Fallen” will be available as a CD, two limited vinyl editions (300 copies each) in orange/blue marbled & red transparent/blue marbled, as well as along with an exclusive logo bundle shirt at the Atomic Fire Records Webshop, and digital.
Pre-order: https://lnk.to/RuthlessTheFallen
To celebrate the album pre-order, RUTHLESS also reveal the first single, along with a lyric video, for the track “Betrayal”. “With all the crazy things going on in the world right now, I felt through music I can say how I feel about some of the chaos. The lyrics in “Betrayal” tell the people in the US and the rest of the world, how governments have been and are taking our rights and freedom away from us, through the lies they spew. We need to wake up before it’s too late. This song is one of my personal favorites on the album, it grabs you by the throat and doesn’t let go from the begining til the end. It’s Ruthless, it’s a great track to be the first single out off of the new album “The Fallen”, adds Sammy DeJohn.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »