Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est le titre du nouvel album des américains, en cours d'écriture.
Seattle-based metallers NEVERMORE have set "The Obsidian Conspiracy" as the title of their follow-up to 2005's "This Godless Endeavor", tentatively due late 2009/early 2010 via Century Media Records. Vocalist Warrel Dane writes on his Twitter account, "Spent [Saturday, May 16] at the beach working on lyrics and melodies — sweet. This song I've been working on, 'Emptiness Unobstructed', has a massive chorus." He adds, "What do you get when you combine a huge crushing groove riff with hateful lyrics? You get a monster called 'Without Morals'."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ah cool, ça fait un moment !! :bang: :bang:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Yes, bonne nouvelle! :bang: :bave: :)
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Trop hâte! :bang:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

c'est vrai que ça fait presque 4 ans qu'il est sorti "this godless endeavor", ça commenaçait à dater....
Paganthrasher
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Paganthrasher »

Il me semble que Warrel et Jeff avaient besoin chacun d'un album solo pour respirer un peu avant d'attaquer un nouveau disque dans de bonnes conditions, cet album sera bon, comme tous les autres, je n'en doute pas! Surtout que 4 ans de gestation pour un groupe qui était habitué à 2-3 ans d'intervalles entre chaque album, ça ne peut qu'augurer du bon pour un groupe comme Nevermore.
metalblasphemer a écrit : Par contre, j'ai toujours admiré son mari parce que, pour coucher avec un glaçon pareil, il faut vraiment avoir de la lave dans le chibre...
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

j'ai vraiment du mal a rentrer dans leur musique, j'ai acheté godess et leur dvd. Le dvd envois le paté c est clair mais je n'arrive pas a retenir quelque chose
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

ça me faisait ça aussi à leurs débuts, il m'avait fallu pas mal d'écoutes pour rentrer dans leur zique. Maintenant, à chaque sortie, je me prends une claque. :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Jim Sheppard au sujet de l'album et de sa santé :
"It's pretty much been created," Sheppard says about the follow-up to 2005's This Godless Endeavor. "In the last few years Nevermore experienced some down time due to my health (Sheppard underwent a procedure for Crohn's disease which he has suffered from for over 15 years) and I think it had a lot of impact on some of the song-writing. I don't know about musically, but Jeff (Loomis) has completed the record and has delivered to Warrel (Dane - vocals) to work on the lyrics and the vocals. I'm actually blown away. I feel like an outsider coming back into Nevermore after what I've been through, the health issues and stuff. But listening to it, it sounds so inspiring, it sound fresh and it sounds new. We're out touring now becoming a band again. We played the Zwarte Cross Festival in Holland and then we went to Tel Aviv and I can't say enough about the fans in Israel. Of course Wacken - brilliant.

And now we are going to go home in two weeks and record the drums in Seattle for the new record. And then we'll fly out to North Carolina. Peter Wichers from SOILWORK is going to produce, and he's rented a cabin on a lake in North Carolina close to Asheville. We're going to take more time than we ever to work out he vocals, guitars, bass. Everyone is going to be busy. Jeff is going to go out and some guitar clinics with Schecter Guitars. And we also going to go to England with Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, ARCH ENEMY, EXODUS) who's going to do the mixing and mastering. I'm going to go home and get my health on line and get my bass chops up, practice with Van (Williams - drums). And we're looking at a release date of January, 2010.

By then we'll be a full-on machine. I've had three surgeries over the last three years, been laid up for a long time. For me to get back to Nevermore and appreciate the opportunity we have as a band. The longevity we've had - we've been doing this for 13 years now. I'm excited and we're going to take anything for granted. Playing Wacken here is a blessing. But more and more, were telling our management and our record company to work us, work us! Tour non-stop, do videos, do festivals. We'll be touring the States as early as next spring."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe aime les reprises inattendues une fois de plus, ils vont s'attaquer aux DOORS et TEA PARTY!
In a new studio update, NEVERMORE singer Warrel Dane says that the band are recording two cover songs for this session: 'The Crystal Ship' by THE DOORS and 'Transmission' by THE TEA PARTY.
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Message par lelite »

" Warrel speakin'" l'album est bouclé reste le mixage par Andy Sneap :yeah:

Une version de Love bites bien bien cool est en écoute sur le myspace http://www.myspace.com/nevermorefans
Elle sort d'où cette reprise :P
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Love Bites elle était sur une version spéciale de Dead Heart il me semble...
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

J'ai le Dead heart... réedité il y a en bonus - Next in line et What tomorow knows en vidéotrack ;)
C'est impréssionnant sur cette reprise, à la fin du titre comment il arrive à monter dans les aigus comme Halford :)
En fait elle est sur un EP sorti le 1/1/ 2001 " believe in nothing " :P ; sûrement sortie après Dead heart .. :horns:
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ouaip elle est sur ce single sorti après Dead Heart, c'est leur seule reprise que je n'aime pas d'ailleurs, en général j'adore comment ils déforment les morceaux d'origine, surtout quand ils reprennent des chansons hors metal.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview intéressante de Warrel Dane où il parle du nouvel album, de sa sobriété et de diverses choses autour :

http://www.cerebralmetalhead.com/2009/0 ... rview.html
Cerebral Metalhead: What does it feel like to be back in the studio with NEVERMORE for the first time in — what must be almost five years now?

Warrel: This feels like the family's back together. We've been together a long time, and people are gonna be pleased with what they hear. I don't want to overstate anything, really, but obviously, I'm in a very good mood, because I'm very excited about these songs. We're in a beautiful place, and we're creating something that I think is going to surprise people. Maybe not shock people. But definitely, if somebody's disappointed with it, I'll be shocked.

Cerebral Metalhead: So then I'm hearing there must be some kind of change of direction.

Warrel: No no no, not really.

Cerebral Metalhead: So what kind of surprises are you talking about?

Warrel: I think there's no change in direction, but it's more of a progression of where we have been going over the years. It's finally come to a place where…it's just brutal dude. I mean last night I was listening back with Peter (Wichers, producer) to some of the tracks Jeff (Loomis, NEVERMORE guitarist) was doing, and I'm like, "Oh my god. This riff is so fucking brutal!" and he's like "What are you gonna sing over this?" and I said "…something really melodic?" And I'm like "NOBODY DOES THAT!!!"

Cerebral Metalhead: You know it's funny, I was reading some of the interviews with Jeff, just the little blurbs on Blabbermouth, where Jeff says it's a more wide-open album musically, and that will let you be more vocally free. Can you talk more about that? What does he mean by that?

Warrel: You know what the funny part about that is? After I read that, or after I heard that he said that, I had a talk with him. I'm like, "Dude, this is some of the most vicious, complicated, brutal stuff you've ever written." "Oh, but the choruses are big!"

Cerebral Metalhead: So there's a little bit of that brutal-verse, big-chorus switching dynamic.

Warrel: That's where that came from. I think.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Century Media Records has set a May 31 European release date (June 8 in North America) for "The Obsidian Conspiracy", the long-awaited new album from Seattle metallers NEVERMORE.

The drum tracks for "The Obsidian Conspiracy" were completed in the group's hometown of Seattle with SOILWORK guitarist Peter Wichers, who previously worked with Dane on the singer's solo debut, "Praises to the War Machine". Longtime friend and collaborator Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, ARCH ENEMY, EXODUS, MACHINE HEAD) once again handled mixing duties.

The following songs (among others) were laid down during the recording sessions for the follow-up to 2005's "This Godless Endeavor":

* "Emptiness Unobstructed"
* "Without Morals"
* "And The Maiden Spoke"
* "Termination Proclamation"
* "The Obsidian Conspiracy"
* "The Blue Marble and the New Soul"
* "She Comes in Colors"
* "The Day You Built The Wall"
* "Poison Throne"
* "Beautiful Mistake"
* "The Crystal Ship" (THE DOORS cover)
* "Transmission" (THE TEA PARTY cover)

According to Dane, the song "And The Maiden Spoke" "is going to blow your minds; it's twisted, progressive lunatic fringe riffing with vicious hooklines."

He added: "These songs are full of newfound rage, lyrically and musically. Jeff Loomis has come up with some amazing new riffs that will no doubt please old and new fans alike. Also, I think the combination of Peter and Andy will result in something very, very special."

In an interview with Cerebral Metalhead, Dane said of "The Crystal Ship" cover, "THE DOORS song was not my original choice. I really wanted to do this song called 'Waiting For the Sun'.

"When I listen to songs, of course, since I'm a lyricist, I gravitate towards cover songs (for which) I admire the lyrics. Jeff [Loomis] being a guitarist, he goes for the guitar stuff that he thinks is really cool. And that's how we came on THE DOORS thing.

"'Crystal Ship', originally he [Jeff] had taken the approach of making it a little heavy. And I tried to work with it and I said, 'Jeff, I don't think this is working. I think maybe what we should try is an all-acoustic approach to the song.' And when we did it, he was like, 'Dude, you're totally right.' And he was like doing five-layered guitar parts over this.

"When people hear it, it doesn't sound like THE DOORS anymore. I think that's what people expect when we do cover songs. 'Cause we've been known to deconstruct and recreate more than one song."
Il est temps qu'il sorte celui-là !
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Yes, d'ailleurs depuis quelques semaines on trouve une vidéo sur le net où on peut entendre quelques extraits.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

tu parles de cette vidéo ?
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Ouais mais y'en avait encore une autre mais j'arrive plus à foutre la main dessus.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pourtant, en bon branleur que tu es, le foutre doit souvent finir sur ta main :lol:

Merci pour la vid'. j'aime bien voir dans quelles conditions ils enregistrent. :up:
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

la pochette:

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Pas mal la pochette :) (la fille à gauche, on dirait Bjork :D )
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sympa, y'a une petite continuité avec la précédente on dirait?

Répondre