retour de Crimson Glory

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Re: retour de Crimson Glory

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

C'est clair qu'il se débrouille bien :rock:

(Si Geoff Tate voulait bien décéder ... ) :cherchezpas:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

très bon, mais loin de Geoff Tate (sur Child Of Fire notamment). Le choix des morceaux est excellent.
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

oui mais le Geoff Tate d'il y a plus de 20 ans alors :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvelle démo!
This is a rough/raw demo version of a new Crimson Glory song entitled "Garden Of Shadows", from the new Crimson Glory concept album. A rarity, this version is not the final version to be released on the record, but is the original version of the song and was the first song written for the concept album.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Je le trouve excellent ce nouveau titre ! :up:
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

musicalement c'est dans la lignée d'Astronomica.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Seventh
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par Seventh »

kingdavid666 a écrit :musicalement c'est dans la lignée d'Astronomica.
-> effectivement! complètement dans la ligné de cet album. Par ailleurs, le chant sonne carrément "Queensryche" par moment. Je comprends que les anciens acolytes de Tate ce soit tourné vers lui.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

LaX a écrit :Je le trouve excellent ce nouveau titre ! :up:
Tout pareil, je me le passe en boucle :rock:
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

C'est plus que compromis...La Torre se barre du groupe :( :(
The news will come as a shock to some while others will shrug it off saying "It's about time..," but BW&BK has been informed directly that after approximately three years as the frontman for Florida-based progressive metal band CRIMSON GLORY, vocalist Todd La Torre has officially resigned.

La Torre was introduced to Crimson Glory by Matt La Porte (JON OLIVA'S PAIN / CIRCLE II CIRCLE), becoming an official member in 2010. He helped to ignite and give new life to the legendary band that had been on hiatus for nearly ten years, and mourning the loss of original vocalist Midnight. Crimson Glory emerged back into the world arena metal scene with very high praise and acceptance. La Torre toured as the new voice of Crimson Glory throughout Europe in celebration of the band’s 25th Anniversary with great success. Talk of a new album was highly anticipated and the band appeared to be firing on all cylinders.

"We were writing the new album and things were looking good, says La Torre. "We had interest from two major European labels, which was very promising. I was very honored and proud that we were on the rise, and the fans were embracing all that we were doing. We had wonderful momentum and we were working within an important window of time within which the new record should have been recorded and released to have the most impact given the bands resurgence. Unfortunately, the record never materialized despite my best efforts."

"My involvement with Queensrÿche had nothing to do with the album progress," he continues. "I haven’t been contacted to write with Crimson Glory for over six months. As a band, our writing sessions were slow, eventually becoming non-existent before I ever joined Queensrÿche. During the specific timeframe that I was in talks with Queensrÿche, members of CG were simultaneously occupied by other external and internal endeavors that apparently absorbed the time and/or will away from CG, which is not fallacious per se, but it proceeded in passivity. The main reason for my resignation from Crimson Glory is primarily due to its inertia status.”

"Crimson Glory was the catalyst that exposed me to the world as an undiscovered vocalist, and I am very thankful to them. Special thanks also to the amazing fans for their acceptance and support of not only Crimson Glory, but their continued support to me as an artist. Lastly, I sincerely wish my friends in Crimson Glory the absolute very best, both personally and professionally."
http://www.bravewords.com/news/198498

Merci en tout cas pour ce moment inoubliable au KIT. :,(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

rah c'est con et paradoxal quand même que le membre le plus récent doive se barrer a cause du manque d'implications des autres membres malgré le succès que le groupe a eu ces 2 dernières années..
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

fuck j'espère qu'ils ont quand même de quoi sortir un album
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et on repart encore à 0... :(
Décidément ce groupe a du mal à se motiver et s'impliquer.
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Bien dommage, surtout qu'ils avaient l'air de bien envoyer sur scène, je vais m'en vouloir à tout jamais de pas être allé à l'Alcatraz l'an dernier. :,(

En espérant que ça ne présage pas d'un suspend définitif de leur avancement en studio...
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

ils faudraient qu'ils trouvent un chanteur de haut niveau dispo ...
Spoiler
Geoff Tate ? :mad: :mad: :mad:
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

bah Tim Owens il en est où? :D
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

T'es pas drôle Cardinal! :grr:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

:,( james riveira alors?
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Everflow a écrit :Il a d'ailleurs posté sur Youtube cette vidéo de karaoke sur du (vieux) Queensrÿche, là aussi il se débrouille bien :

J'avais pas vu ce message auparavant, triste ironie...

Un petit souvenir pour la route :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette photo promo fait désormais partie du passé :

Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Avec la coiffure immonde du bassiste, il y avait effectivement matière à quitter le groupe! :diable:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe publie un communiqué pour affirmer qu'il est toujours actif, sauf qu'ils n'annoncent strictement rien et on voit bien qu'ils sont plus préoccupés par leurs projets respectifs... :/
Ever since singer Todd La Torre left the band and joined Queensrÿche, Crimson Glory haven't said much about their future but recently they released a statement revealing that the band is still a go. The band members have been busy with their other projects but there are new ideas for a new Crimson Glory album even though at this point there are no commitments in terms of release date or a new singer.

The band updated: "For those of you who are wondering, Crimson Glory have NOT hung up their hats! The members of Crimson Glory have all been very busy indeed. Real fans of the band should check out ALL of the guys various side projects because they ALL rock! Jeff Lords has been working very hard with his band, Dark Matter! Dana Burnell has been working very hard with his two bands, A Persuasive Reason and Avenging Benji! Ben Jackson has been working very hard with his band Avenging Benji as has taken on a spot in Project Terror! Jon Drenning has had a quiet year as he has been spending much quality time with his baby son, "Jet"! Jon, as well as all the guys have many very cool songs and song ideas in the vault for a possible future Crimson Glory record! No promises are being made at this time about any specifics or time frame regarding said record or who the singer may be. When we know more, you will know more. We will always miss Midnight!"

"Were we happy when 'our' discovery, Todd La Torre resigned to embark on his future with Queensrÿche? It was sad parting for us but we really couldn't be happier for him or more proud of him than we are! We would all just like to shout 'Hello' to all our fans around the world who have followed us throughout the years! Our connection with our fans means everything to us! You, make our musical journey exciting and colorful and all of the sweat, blood and tears worthwhile. C.G."

When Todd La Torre left, he did say the band wasn't making any progress on the new material, was more occupied by other external endeavours and that "the main reason for my resignation from Crimson Glory is primarily due to its inertia status."
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Un des guitaristes a été arrêté alors qu'il cherchait à acheter de la cocaïne :
According to the web site of the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, CRIMSON GLORY guitarist Jon Drenning was arrested on April 8 in Sarasota, Florida on charges of conspiracy to purchase cocaine (Schedule II substance) and use of a two-way communication device to facilitate a felony. He was released the following day after posting $10,000 bail on each charge.

Drenning will be arraigned on May 9.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La loose.

A l'image du groupe malheureusement... :(

On comprend que LaTorre se soit barré.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe tente un retour, avec un nouveau chanteur, mais malheureusement sans Jon Drenning (à cause de ses problèmes de drogue?) leur compositeur principal (avec Jeff Lords le bassiste, qui lui est de la partie).

Lex courts extraits ci-dessous sonnent comme du Crimson Glory, mais je ne peux pas dire que je sois complètement rassuré pour autant.
Legendary progressive power metallers CRIMSON GLORY are returning with new lead vocalist, new guitarist and immediate plans to release two new singles.

Founding CRIMSON GLORY members Ben Jackson (guitar), Jeff Lords (bass) and Dana Burnell (drums) are being joined by new lead vocalist Travis Wills of the Dallas, Texas progressive power metal band INFIDEL RISING and guitarist Mark "Borgy" Borgmeyer of the Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida hard rock act THE LOST BOYS.

Two new singles, titled "Triskaideka" and "Indelible Ashes", are slated for release. The first song, "Triskaideka", is available now on the band's official web site, theofficialcrimsonglory.com

CRIMSON GLORY will premiere the lyric video for "Triskaideka" on January 20, 2024.

The band will play some select European live concert dates in October 2024. More details will be announced soon.

CRIMSON GLORY has been largely inactive since singer Todd La Torre officially quit the band in February 2013.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe a le soutien de Jon Drenning pour continuer sans lui :
"I wish Ben, Dana and Jeff all the best. I would have loved to be a part of this new chapter, but my priorities are not in sync with the band at this juncture. Indeed, being a father has shaped my priorities in ways I could never imagine. Mark Borgemeyer is a good friend and I can't think of a better candidate to fill my shoes. I share the same enthusiasm as the fans, and there may be another surprise for them around the corner…stay tuned."
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

je le sens bien ce retour inespéré! :bang:
J'espère bien pouvoir aller au KIT RISING en octobre pour les revoir en live! :rock:
Répondre