GLEN DROVER (Eidolon, Ex-megadeth) Metalusion

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
AdrieN
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par AdrieN »

Accompagné de Chris Sutherland, Jim Gilmour et Paul Yee, l'ex Megadeth glen Drover sort son premier album solo, "metalusion" sur magna carta records (Alex Skolnick, Billy Sheehan ... ). C'est un album instrumental, avec des invités comme Vinnie Moore, Chris Poland et Jeff Loomis.

Des extraits ici => http://www.magnacarta.net/glendrover/

Ca casse pas trois pattes à Dave Mustaine, mais ça reste de l'instrumental à tendance jazz/prog comme on en faisait fin 80s.
Fire, fire, FIRE, WALK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview de Drover si ça t'intéresse :

http://www.spaziorock.it/intervista.php?&id=341&eng=1

Q: Can you tell me something about the recording process of Metalusion?

A: "It was a very slow process, because we just wanted to have fun, no rush. Just take our time with it and make sure it was worth the wait!"

Q: Metalusion sounds much more like a band effort, rather that a solo artist and some guest musicians. I think that is a strong point!

A: "Absolutely!!! It really is more of a band thing for sure. That’s the way we all look at it!"

Q: Metalusion it’s a combination between metal and fusion. I have always liked that combination and I have always thought that metal could combine with many other genres (i.e metal with orchestra, metal with jazz, metal with folk). Do you agree with me?

A: "For sure, But I think there is a lot of prog rock as well. The combinations came out well, I think."

Q: In this album variety is a main feature, in my opinion. There are many bands who are able to go on playing the same stuff for years, but… I think that music is a huge sea to explore! I’d be bored to play the same genres for months and months.

A: "I agree totally. I played just metal for years and love it, but it was time for me to do something more that just that."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Canadian guitarist Glen Drover (ex-Megadeth, King Diamond) has changed the name of his band from The Glen Drover Band to Metalusion, the title of the project's debut album. Their new studio album, which will be called Between Sea And Sky, is "more than half way complete," according to Drover, and should be released sometime in 2014. A brand new song from Metalusion entitled "Caracas", which was written by Glen and keyboardist Jim Gilmour, can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

Glen Drover changed the name because this one is more of a band name, which is how he sees the project and not a solo gig.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Glen s'est associé avec Todd La Torre (Queensrÿche) pour composer un titre intitulé "Discordia".

A priori, aucun projet ou groupe n'a été formé par les 2 musiciens qui ont chacun déjà pas mal de préoccupations.

Un extrait officiel :

et un leak entier qui ne restera peut être pas longtemps sur Youtube :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

ouai déjà supprimé :euh: , dommage j'aime ce gratteux ça à l'air pas mal le délire
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le voilà en entier, lien officiel :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est à 90% du Eidolon musicalement.
Correct et pro mais manque d'accroche je trouve (comme Eidolon en général...).
Répondre