Alvin Lee (Ten Years After) 1944-2013

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Alvin Lee est décédé le 6 mars 2013 à la suite d'une complication d'une opération chirurgicale.

:( :( :(

RIP
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Ah merde, moi qui m'étais fait une joie de le voir à la base quand j'ai pris mon billet.

'tain du coup le rêve de voir la formation d'origine un jour vient brutalement de sublimer.

Un putain de guitariste s'en va. :,( :rip:
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Une vraie légende. R.I.P.

I can't keep from crying ... :,(

Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

[Ten Years After] RIP Alvin Lee

Message par Mout Mout »

Sur son site officiel:

MARCH 6, 2013

WITH GREAT SADNESS WE HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THAT
ALVIN UNEXPECTEDLY PASSED AWAY EARLY THIS MORNING
AFTER UNFORSEEN COMPLICATIONS FOLLOWING A ROUTINE SURGICAL PROCEDURE.

WE HAVE LOST A WONDERFUL MUCH LOVED FATHER AND COMPANION,
THE WORLD HAS LOST A TRULY GREAT AND GIFTED MUSICIAN.

JASMIN, EVI AND SUZANNE
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Gig a écrit :Ah merde, moi qui m'étais fait une joie de le voir à la base quand j'ai pris mon billet.

'tain du coup le rêve de voir la formation d'origine un jour vient brutalement de sublimer.

Un putain de guitariste s'en va. :,( :rip:
Pas mieux, j'avais noté la date... :(

Paix à son âme.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

En souvenir, et pour ceux qui ne connaitrait pas encore l'extrait, la mythique prestation au festival de Woodstock en 1969 sur I'm Going Home. Certainement le guitariste le plus rapide de l'époque.

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ah OK, j'étais surpris de ne pas voir de sujet dans Far Beyond Metal ! C'est vraiment le bordel maintenant ! :D

Sinon, triste nouvelle forcément... :( :( Un père pour tous les branlotins de la 6 cordes ! :guitare:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quelques hommages :

Ric Lee (TEN YEARS AFTER drummer): "We are all stunned. All of us. I don't think it's even sunk in yet as to the reality of his passing. We are all thinking of his family and friends today, and offer our own condolences."

Leo Lyons (TEN YEARS AFTER bassist): "I heard about Alvin's passing and it came as a complete shock to me. I still haven't taken it in. I feel very sad. He was the closest thing I had to a brother. We had our differences, but we shared so many great experiences together that nothing can take away. I will miss him very much. He was an inspiration for a generation of guitar players. Keep on rockin', Alvin!"

FOGHAT: "So very sad to hear about the passing of Alvin Lee. Truly one of the great guitarists of our time. Our hearts and thoughts are with his family and friends. You will be missed, Alvin."

Joe Bonamassa (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION): "Rest in peace, Alvin Lee... Another hero gone this week... This is becoming too regular... A very sad night."

Geezer Butler (BLACK SABBATH): "Shocked and saddened to hear of Alvin Lee passing, one of the true greats and a major influence on SABBATH. The fastest guitar in the west. He was one of the few people that believed in SABBATH when we started out, and he got us our first major London gig, at the Marquee. A true gentleman and lovely bloke. RIP Alvin."

Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES): "I just heard about Alvin Lee's passing. He was the 1st badass, super fast lead guitarist I remember hearing as a kid. legend. RIP."

Bill Ward (BLACK SABBATH): "Thank you, Alvin, for all that you were. For all that you gave. You were one of a kind. Your music rocked with passion, force, excitement; brave in risk, bringing this listener to the point of 'wowism'. In short, thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Our condolences go to Alvin's family. Heartfelt sympathy at this time of loss.

Joe Satriani (CHICKENFOOT): "Alvin Lee was a big influence on my playing. He was a great musician and a gentleman too. I still have the pick he gave me a few years back... R.I.P. Alvin Lee."

Glenn Hughes (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, DEEP PURPLE): "RIP Alvin Lee...so very sad to hear of another friend passing..."

Danny Vaughn (TYKETTO): "So sad to lose Alvin Lee, one of the first great guitar heroes."

Jon Lord webmaster Rasmus: "RIP, Alvin Lee, who sadly passed away earlier today. Jon played on a few of his records, and — what's even more exciting — Jon, Lee and others used to jam at George Harrison's house during private get-togethers, and his widow has tapes of this."

+ celui de Tony Iommi :
Legendary BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi (pictured below) spoke to the Birmingham Mail about the death of legendary British guitarist and singer Alvin Lee, founder of the band TEN YEARS AFTER, who passed away early Wednesday (March 6) after complications following a routine surgical procedure.

"I was extremely saddened to hear of Alvin's death," Iommi said. "It was a great shock. I had not known that he was ill.

"Alvin was a really great guitar player but, more importantly, has been a good friend of BLACK SABBATH over the years.

"In the early days, when we were still going by the name of EARTH, it was Alvin who helped us get some gigs. He'd been out there a bit before us, and knew the ropes. We'd sit and talk the night away at a flat in London.

"I remember telling him that we were thinking of changing our name to BLACK SABBATH.

"He was horrified! He told me we'd never do any good with a name like that."

He added: "Alvin broke new ground with the way he played. After he played 'Goin' Home' at Woodstock, he became known as the fastest guitar player in the world.

"But it wasn't just about speed. He could rock, he could play the blues, and he was a fine jazz guitarist, too.

"He will be greatly missed by everyone in the rock and roll community."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Phil
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Phil »

:(
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Ah merde.
Un grand gratteux, et le souvenir d'un bon live a la Fiesta des Suds de Marseille y a quelques annees. :up:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Répondre